Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oya'karir

A nod of his head and an exhale of relief came from Vilaz as he learned that his wife was fine from the conflict. Maybe a bruise or two formed on her body, but nothing too major or out of hand. Something that a patch of kolto or bacta can heal up in no time. Here in the jungles they were only limited to the medical supplies they brought for minor injuries. Hopefully they wouldn't receive any critical injuries; if so, they would have to rush back to their ship and be attended there.

But they were seasoned Warriors. Chances of that were slim, no?

As for the Warlord, his injuries were worse than his beloved's. Nothing critical, but his wounds were annoying him. A wave of pride washed over him, wanting to dismiss his injuries in front of his wife. But that wouldn't stop the beautiful blonde from wanting to check his injuries.

"Alright, alright, cyar'ika. You win," he said in a chuckle, trying to stand tall and proud although wincing at his injuries. "Just my chest, but I should be fine. Let's head back to camp."

The Mandalorian then tried to take a step, only to bend down slightly and one of his arms wrapped across his chest while exclaiming in pain. Some blood was coughed up inside his helmet, fogging his visor in crimson.

They really needed to get back camp, heal up his old bones.

"I can walk...just one step at a time."

The Munin despised looking weak in front of his beloved or their family. He knew he wasn't perfect, but it just rubbed him off in the wrong way.

[member="Briika Munin"]

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
The med scanner confirmed what the Baar'ur suspected. The Concordian had broken a couple of ribs and had a contused lung, why he had coughed up some blood within his helmet. Yes, the wifey had heard the evidence and the muttering afterwards.

[Come on, ner cyare.] Bree said to her husband, sliding the Warlord's arm on the unaffected side around her shoulders to support him, then added with nothing but love for the man noted in her voice.

[ We will walk one step at a time together just as we always have done through life as two are stronger as one.]

The trip through the jungle back to the camp [member="Vilaz Munin"] had set up for them while Briika had placed the perimeter sensors was slow, but not coddled. Vilaz was too proud of a man to have that. She strived not for him to worsen his condition by being stubborn is all, and the man knew that. The Tor Munin never saw her riduur as weak, but sometimes too determined for his own good. Briika checked him when needed.

[ I should use the bone knitter on your ribs, then wrap them. You might want a touch of the tihaar we brought before I do, just saying.]

The walk back to their camp was long in both distance and time. More so the latter which annoyed him the most, nowadays he couldn’t afford to lose much time. The Warlord wasn’t in his youth when he took time for granted and recklessly used it in old activities of his. No, he was older and wiser than those times in his past. His life was now in a stage that had to make every minute of every hour count. But he would follow as his wife instructed him so, and wouldn’t argue with her saying. Part of his mind didn’t agree, but it was silence from the rest of him. Walking in a fast pace wouldn’t help for either two and would just make matters worst.

In the end, they did arrive to their camp and none of their things were touched. Good, their position wasn’t compromised or invaded. The Warrior wondered if there was a sentry turret by any chance as he noticed the sun now beginning to set and hide away from the horizon. Dusk would soon cover Ord Mantell in darkness.

Husband and wife entered their grand tent. Even the inside was prepared and ready too. No need to worry about pulling out sleeping bags or the air mattress.

Gently did Bree laid Vilaz on his back, with the Concordian listening more to what his wife had to say.

”Alright, cyar’ika...let’s take off these plates from me first,” Vilaz said to the Tor Munin as he took off his helmet and placed it on the ground beside him. The Mandalorian then went to strip off some of his armor from his person, of course not being able to do it all as he would be limited from his injuries.

”Guessing it’ll hurt some bit?”

[member="Briika Munin"]

Briika Munin

How man times had she mended her husband's wounds? Too many to count. So far [member="Vilaz Munin"] had been lucky that the injuries weren't life threatening nor resulting in debilitation... though age and repeated trauma would take its toll on the body eventually. That was a fact one couldn't get around even if a stubborn mind told one so.

Briika removed her helmet, then helped relieve the Warlord of his upper body armor as she had many a time with tenderness. She only wished it wasn't to use her medical skills upon the man's well-honed body. After he was settled on the bedding, she reached for the bottle of tihaar and opened it for the Concordian before handing it over.

"Elek, some... I'll try to make it as fast and gentle as possible," Bree nodded with compassion, then placed the bone-knitter against the area of the broken ribs and began the process of binding the bones back together.

"I got a message from Mesh'la before we left. She is ready to join us again in the fight... Seems her time of solitude and reflection has been fruitful. The one I shall not name really did a number on her. Men can be such di'kuts sometimes, present company excluded of course... well most of the time," the golden blonde quipped with a playful wink.

Pleased with the results on a post-procedure scan, the Baar'ur applied a bacta patch over the bruised skin, which would help to reduce the inflammation and further heal the battered ribcage of the Mando warrior.

"I should have known that young vod would follow in his buir's footsteps. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, if you know what I mean," she said, then added after helping Vilaz to sit up gingerly. "Let's wrap those ribs of yours, give em some support so you can move about more easily, hmm?"

The heavy, resilient beskar plates were stripped off from his chest and laid on the ground of their tent. The Warlord was only in his armorweave-bodyglove and several other armored plats on his legs. His beloved wife then passed him a bottle of well brewed tihaar before the blonde Mandalorian did her medical procedures on his damaged ribs. He took a swing of the alcohol, relishing the strong taste of it. Hopefully it would distract him from the pain of his wife mending his ribs together.

The process was a bit painful, something that he groaned to with irritation and tried not to sound weak when the bone-knitter did its work. Bree was always there for him when he was injured from battle, first one to attend him and did all the miracle works to alleviate his wounds.

"That's great to hear, Bree. I'm glad she'll return to our family and clan," the Concordian said to his wife, pleased to hear the news of his stepdaughter returning from her time of peace and solitude. His stepdaughter had some difficult affairs with one she thought was meant to be with, only to be played with and treated like an object. Something Vilaz looked down upon on the certain individual who's name would not be muttered. While the Munin certainly was a man that was feared and hated by aruetiise and some Mandalorians because of his avarice of war and violence, he was disciplined and taught it to his clansmen. Never did he made anyone of his clan feel lesser or treated like dirt. He was the head of his clan, but he viewed as his kin as equals no matter their background.

"Hah, well those times are a bit rare for me, ner ruug'la dala," the Warrior said with a smirk to his wife, catching her quip and wink.

"Those of Garon are good warriors, I'll admit, but they lack discipline in other aspects of life. Doesn't surprise me that boy follows like his father's steps, was hopeful otherwise," and was helped up in a sitting position from his wife, feeling better with his bones knitted and the bacta patch applied to the area of the wound.

"You are the doctor, cyar'ika. Is there anything the doctor wishes me to do?" With a playful tone in his voice and raising his eyebrows in a quick flash. The night was falling soon, as the skies turned into different shades of orange symbolizing the sun would soon disappear from the horizon. Not much they could do right now after healing Vilaz from his wounds. They were adept in hunting and fighting at night, but not tonight.

[member="Briika Munin"]

Briika Munin

"You [member="Vilaz Munin"] are insatiable," Bree chuckled with a mock irritated roll of her azure orbs while putting the final touches on the dressing to his injured torso. "And that's right, ner cyare, I am the doctor here so rest for now so that you can play later."

The Warlord knew only too well what his wife said was truth, and that he'd better toe the line or else.... It would be a cold night.

Briika put her medical supplies away, then moved to make them something to eat. She took out a dried long roll of haarshun bread from the food bag and reconstituted it with water to make it soft again. A thin coating of spicy condiment was spread out, then some cured meat was layered on top. A knife cut the sandwich into two halves, then the blonde handed the Concordian one of them and sat down next to him. The tihaar was for washing it down, and medicinal purposes of course.

After the two finished their meal, the Baar'ur turned to her husband to broach a subject that had been nagging at her and causing some discontent.

"I've been thinking a lot of our current situation lately... And I know crusading with the Te Veman and working as mercenaries for the Sith Empire brings our clan glory and credits. Which I am not opposed to, but I want to find a place to call home, Vil'ika. You know, like we had on Concord Dawn. I miss that life, even the place. Ever since the Civil War and well our exile, I just feel adrift. I need something concrete again. I've lost three yaime now due to circumstances beyond my control.... The one I grew up in, the one I built, and the one we made together. After this hunt, I would like to turn our time and energy into doing that very thing... Well before duty and honor call once again."

"Thank you, cyar'ika," the Warlord said to his wife as he received the sandwich that Bree prepared for the two of them. While they wouldn't have a delicious homemade meal that Bree was well known for, this would satisfy his stomach. All they could eat, for the time being, was small meals like this. Sandwiches and tihaar. The couple sat together, enjoying their meal in peace. No words were uttered from their mouths until they were finished eating. Vilaz knew something was bothering his wife. He didn't need the Force to figure that out; no, this was a skilled he learned and picked after long, happy years of marriage with the Baar'ur. How did he know? He just knew, was hard to explain to someone else. The mysteries of life, one would call them.

And so the blonde medic began to talk, and the Concordian gave all his attention to her. The Mandalorian knew what she was saying with each word. War was an important aspect in their clan, every clansmen participating in raids and attacks against other worlds, pillaging what they came across and giving no quarter to those that fell victim to their raids. They earned glory, honor, and loot for themselves, living the days as the old Mandalorians did thousands of years ago. Frankly, however, Vilaz spent more time in his raids and mercenary work rather than on his family and clan. Another important aspect of his culture. It was something he needed to put attention on, noticing how much he lusted for battle and blood.

"I see," and placed a hand on one of Bree's before continuing, "I've only realized how much time and energy I devoted on my crusades and raids rather than on you and our family. I've been so caught up in battles that I sometimes forget my other priorities, and I apologize for that ner cyare. But now things will change, I will stop any of my future raids and refocus on us and our family. Soon we will have another home for us, and I hope it will be enough for us not to relocate for some long time."

He smiled at the blonde and then leaned in to kiss her lips. He, too, missed that life they had on Concord Dawn, irritating him that they went into exile from their own home because of the Infernal and her Empire. How much he would love to take back Concord Dawn and start again with his family and clan. Hopefully it would be a day before he rested his bones.

"It's night now," the Warlord commented as he noticed the dark night and stars conquering the skies and heavens from the bright sun. "We should get some rest now before tomorrow, sounds good?"

[member="Briika Munin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom