Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Overdue

"Can I look inside?"

Lucky leaned over the merchant's stand and knocked all its items off the counter to get a closer look at the mystical object but the Gran was quick to reach out and pull it away. With the object of mystery in one arm and his scattered merchandise in the other, the Gran reset his stand with a grumble before shooing Lucky back with a withering motion.

"Unfortunately, you'll have to buy it first."

Lucky crossed his arms with a huff and raised a red eyebrow. He hadn't fully grasped the concept of bartering or any of its intricacies but even he noticed the discrepancy. "You didn't make me pay for any of that other stuff. You even let me eat that Jogan fruit!"

The Gran cringed at Lucky, plagued by the mental image. "That Jogan was spoiled and in the trash. And besides...this book is more lucrative than anything I'd normally have just sitting out in the open."

The Gran huffed and dusted off the item in contention, a large grimoire with a dark brown leather cover, torn yellowish pages, and a silver star icon in the cover's center. To the uninitiated and ill-informed it was just an old tomme barely holding together, but to a special few it was a relic of the light side and under the protection of the Jedi Order. It was stolen just hours prior and had made its way down to the lower levels of Coruscant and into the hands of the Gran in ways he did not know or care to know. When it was delivered he was promised a hefty sum for its safeguarding and later delivery to an enclosed address he'd be sent down the line. He hadn't questioned it then, or when the figure vanished into thin air right before his trio of eyes but now he was beginning to fear that something was amiss.

"You don't survive on Coruscant long if you don't know who not to cross and these people are on that list. So if you want a look at this book you're going to have to buy it off me. Then it's your problem."

Lucky adjusted his goggles with a smile, folding his arms. "Fine by me. I live for problems. How much?"

The Gran scoffed. "You can't outbid them."

"Try me!" Lucky's smile never faded.

"Sixty thousand-"

The Gran closed up his shop and eyed Lucky with a smug expression. He was just a bit short of sixty thousand credits but he wouldn't be for long. Relatively long anyway. Those dreams of being a rich and bountiful criminal filled his head and the hope on his face bought a skeptical look from the Gran.

"What's so funny?" Lucky was pulled back to reality and shook his head at the question. "Nothing. Just know this. When I'm the greatest criminal in history, sixty thousand credits will be pocket change."

The Gran smirked and shook his head as he tucked the grimoire firmly under his arm. "You're a funny kid, you know that?" The Gran chuckled at the idea of Lucky ever being that wealthy but his laughter was cut off by a flashing in his pocket. He reached inside his leather briefs and skimmed over the encrypted messages transmitted to his datapad. An address. "Looks like I've got a taxi to catch so I've got to go. to Try not to get yourself killed down here." The alien turned and walked away and Lucky waved him off with a naive smile.

"Goodbye! Be safe!" His volume and honest tone caught the attention of the dimly lit market and its shady customers. "What a nice guy."

Voli Cholrass Voli Cholrass

Location: Coruscant High School located on the highest level of Coruscant

f5131a0ceaaa4136be48fa2523974cda.png

As always, Voli sat in the back of the classroom her elbows placed on her desk leaning her chin on her hands. She was seated in the furthest area from the class all by herself just the way she liked it. She was wearing her earpods the music playing being the only thing preventing Voli from falling asleep. Mr Arolson's lesson for today was on the Omega Wars, a subject that could've been interesting if Voli didn't already read so much about the Omega Wars to the point where she was confident that she had more knowledge of the subject than Arolson. Everything he said was something Voli already knew and then some and as a result, her brain disengaged.

Her brown eyes shifted towards the window next to her and Voli gazed at the giant skyscrapers that dwarfed the school. Voli would give to be anywhere else but here. School felt like a prison, every day she had to come here, endure a boring lecture, and go to the library to read about her powers. Speaking of which..... this morning Voli found a book: The Book of Sith that was buried deep in the supernatural section of the library. "More like," Voli muttered to herself. "I didn't find the book...... it found me."

More specifically, Voli felt a disturbance while she was wondering in the library searching for something to read. A cold yet inviting presence that sent shivering sensations down her spine. As Voli got closer, the disturbance grew stronger and while she was digging through the books, the Book of Sith appeared in front of her...... as if by magic. Voli only managed to read a page before the bell rang, the librarian wasn't here yet and she can a bit stuffy if any of her books went missing. So Voli placed it back and hurried to her class but her thoughts were fixated on the Book of Sith. What was it doing in the Library of all places and why did it call to her?

"All the makings of a good story," Voli smiled. "Yum."

Lucky Pride Lucky Pride

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom