Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Overdue Payback

Sith Space
Unknown Location
Days after the Korriban Invasion

When Allyson awoke she’d find herself in a mostly dark room, with only a couple lit braziers illuminating it. The first thing to be noticed was the fact she was being suspended by something. Not by some fancy bit of tech, but by metal chains that were holding her arms stretched above her. For now there was no strain, indicating she hadn’t been placed here too long ago. But it was only a matter of time before the discomfort would arrive.

Attempts to move her legs would find similar resistance. Shackles wrapped around her ankles, with another set of chains keeping Allyson’s legs locked together. Hanging just above the ground that her toes could feel the barest touch of the stone floor beneath her if she tried to stretch.

The room was cold, with the only source of heat coming from the braziers that teased out towards where Allyson was hanging. Their illumination revealed the walls were made of stone, and there seemed to be nothing but that. Until her eyes adjusted to the darkness at least, then she’d find that there were no windows or vents. The only deviation was a metal door, and there wasn’t even a table full of tools.

If she tried to reach out with the Force, she’d find herself immediately rebuffed. Her connection was being numbed, suppressed. But even if she was able to, Allyson wouldn’t sense a single piece of tech within her range. Vaylin hadn't taken anything to chance when it came to the Corellian. She knew from experience how sneaky she could be, thus the Zabrak wasn't going to give her the slightest inch to lean on.

Eventually if she looked around, she’d see a shape leaning against the wall. The moment her eyes fell upon the figure, they’d snap their fingers. A few more braziers suddenly ignited to life, encompassing the cell completely with light and heat.

Revealing Vaylin to be the one leaning against the wall. Amber eyes staring straight at the Corellian, her expression unreadable.

Finally, you’ve awoken.

b2c62401b377d446f5754aab281b94d95075a423.png

//: Vaylin Vaylin //:
9e0366b8be08cdab1c03169f930cd6803e7e1b90.png
Things didn't always go according to plan. The mission on Korriban was supposed to be clean and quick. Zaavik and Allyson had spent weeks planetside observing, while before that, Allyson spent months investigating. Was she losing her touch? Had she opened herself up to weakness by bringing Zaavik along? So many questions circled the Corellian's mind. Always working alone, she never ran into this issue, but she couldn't have left Zaavik behind again.
She made her choice at the moment; what she had done saved some lives. At least Zaavik's. That was her job, right? At the end of the day, as a Master, she had to protect her Padawan. It was time to wake up, sleep had finished holding her in place, and green eyes fluttered open. The room, dark for the most part, and it only took a few moments for her to adjust. Nightmares did come true, and Allyson caught the gaze of the Zabrak, the same one that chased and tormented her daily. Allyson knew, though, she had brought it upon herself for the most part.
All she had to do was keep it in her pants. Groaning, Allyson felt the burn of the sudden change in the room's light as things were ignited. Her eyes once more having to adjust. Instinct had to reach out to the force; she felt nothing, not even the quiet hum of technology. Her world was deaf, and she felt her heart sink; Vaylin wasn't stupid - everything she could, she covered it. Next was the attempt to move, but she found herself suspended somewhat off the ground. Her body was weak, and she felt her weight slump.
Good news, at least she wasn't bleeding any more. Positive thoughts or something like that was what was going to keep her going. Another groan as Allyson lifted her head slightly, smirking towards the Zabrak. "Yeah, had some really nice dreams. Wanna hear about them?"
Allyson knew she shouldn't poke the hive, but it was so much fun. "What do you want, Vaylin?"

Vaylin said nothing initially, just paced back and forth before Allyson. Only to break and walk around Allyson’s suspended form. The Zabrak was not dressed in either of her armours, and was arguably casual given the situation right now.

But that was because none of them were here right now.

She wasn’t the Hand of the Empress

She wasn’t a Sith Valkyrie

She wasn’t Darth Moirai.

She was Vaylin, pure and simple.

It had been a long time since Allyson had seen this particular face. The last had technically been when a small group of Sith had infiltrated Silver Rest under the guise of alchemised masks. But this Vaylin hadn’t been since the encounter at Lowe Manor, when the Corellian had still been under the persona of Rae.

The cold emotionless gaze, the reminder of how cutthroat the Zabrak had been when officially ending things with Jorryn. But there was something different to it now, whenever Vaylin looked Allyson in her eyes. There was a burning fury just beneath the surface, ready to be unleashed upon the Corellian.

Not unless they were dreams of everything you love dissolving in your hands, by your own hand. Though, I guess that would be more of a nightmare...or have those become indistinguishable to you now?

Vaylin stopped before Allyson again, an unimpressed expression on her face in response to the Corellian’s trademark smirk.

What do I want? What else could I want? I’ve got exactly what I’ve wanted for years now, you in chains and at my mercy.

b2c62401b377d446f5754aab281b94d95075a423.png

//: Vaylin Vaylin //:
9e0366b8be08cdab1c03169f930cd6803e7e1b90.png
Vaylin was the one in control despite Allyson trying her hardest to find a way to have the upper hand. No one in the Empire sympathized with the Corellian. The only person she had on her side was now gone after finding out the truth - she abandoned Allyson. It was expected; everything they had was built on a lie despite the truth of her feelings.

Eyes followed Vaylin as the woman spoke. This was their game, the one they played since that day Vaylin had first met Rae. A constant back and forth between them, Allyson trying to continually get under Vaylin’s skin while Vaylin wanting to get her revenge. The chains moved slightly as Allyson shifted, comfort being the last thing obviously on Vaylin’s mind when she had strung up the Corellian. “Your scope of things are so small, Vaylin. You need to dream bigger.” Allyson chuckled softly as she shook her head. “You know how many people have attempted to do what you’ve done? How many have actually succeeded in keeping me locked up?”

As she spoke, Allyson continued to try and feel the Force or any technology around her. If she could just get a sliver of something, she could try and escape. Not feeling anything made her want to cringe; she felt helpless without the buzzing of technology she had grown accustomed to. Vaylin had studied her prey better than the prey had studied her hunter.

Exhaling softly, Allyson continued to keep the front of her confidence. “Not even your Emperor or whatever he is now couldn’t even keep me. Back then, I was a bit more careless too.” Shrugging the best she could with her restraints, she mused. “So how about you just cut to the chase and let me go now - would make things easier on everyone and less embarrassing for you.”

Allyson continued with a mocking tone, “Don’t you think I’ve embarrassed you enough, Vaylin?

The Zabrak felt a mute measure of satisfaction as she listened and watched Allyson squirm in her chains. She was testing things, both physically and attempting it through the Force. But there was nothing, Vaylin made damn sure of that. The Sith had delved into all matters of Mechu-Deru long before this, when she knew her hunt for Allyson would be a long one.

She brushed up on her knowledge every now and then, almost like routine for a time when she’d run into her foe again. Having captured her was now the true test, to see if all she had learned to numb those technomancer senses worked.

If even given the slightest morsel of something, they could spread their influence like a virus. An appropriate analogy to the Dark Side.

Dreaming bigger is all well and good, but it carries the flaw of being potentially diluted. The smaller ones are so much more personal and fulfilling.

Once upon a time, there was a young Zabrak girl who dreamt of freedom. To be rescued from the tyranny of her own mother. When that happened, she dreamt of exploring the galaxy and learning more of the Force. But that had been torn away by the Netherworld, and that dream became twisted into hatred. A desire to get vengeance on those who had abandoned her.

That was shuffled to the side when she was found, uplifted from the savagery of Dxun and truly introduced to the tempting power of the Dark Side of the Force. Her dreams became that of power and conquest, rising through the ranks until she was on top. And at the same time...falling ever deeper into the darkness. Until she became the person she was today.

Without a single touch of Light remaining.

Not anymore.

A flash of anger crossed Vaylin’s expression, before a fist was swung and struck Allyson in the stomach. Knowing her reaction was probably a small victory in the Corellian’s mind, Vaylin swiftly struck again, this time the blow struck her wound. Healed it might be, but it was still sore and tender. It also probably cut off the no doubt snarky retort that was going to leave the woman’s lips.

Oh, I’m counting on it Allyson. I’ve no doubt you’ll eventually find some way to escape, somehow. I’d be disappointed if you didn’t.” But would that be something of the Corellian’s own doing, or just another part of the game Vaylin was playing. The Zabrak grinned. “No one is going to find you here, ever. You won’t leave this place until I say so. And that’ll either be through death, or on your knees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom