Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Over the River and through the woods

[member="Joza Perl"] [member="Dune Rhur"]

Leina looked at Joa as she was explaining it and the face she made at the confirmation of what happened in the tower of prophecy... oh she knew it but continued to listen to the girl as she spoke about many of the things. Then she mentioned getting a gun of command used on her and leina frowned as she spoke. "Well if you got a gun of command used on you that was dumb... Doesn't he know mind control really does backfire?" She said it looking at some of the other things with her thoughts and attention on it. "But you got it all out of your system now and you can come back to the lightside of the force, you should have seen Dune when he went all brooding padawan emo on me. He wore all black said I would never understand and wrote all of these deep poems about the blackness that was his soul and how it was like burnt toast you can never scrap the black off of.... but look at him now. He is normal or as normal as a jedi can be."

Joza remained silent as Dune and Leina analyzed her situation. It was probably a lot to take in, given all that had happened in the passing years. Her eyes were bone dry, having no more tears of pity to cry for herself. She’s spent countless nights breaking down, even smashing a mirror at one point after catching sight of her scarred body. But now, she was tired of it all. Joza hadn’t begun to heal, but was building up the resolve to.

“I’m glad that you both support me, but I don’t place the blame on Ax’no, Haytham or the Gun of Command.” She shifted, a bit uncomfortable. “Well, not all of it. They certainly didn’t help stall my descent. A lot of it came from me. I had given up, and was giving in. I couldn’t control myself and felt…unworthy. I lost control of myself where I should have been strong enough to resist them.”

Looking at Dune, she nodded in affirmation. “They really do use everything in their arsenal to try and turn you. I guess I just don’t like the idea of being manipulated to that degree. I want to think that it was my choice, even if only a little bit.” Sighing in defeat, she stiffened as Dune embraced her. She hadn’t known the Bith to be the cuddly type, and their physical contact was usually limited to a pat on the shoulder for a job well done. As they parted, both brows arched at Leina’s description of Dune as a padawan. True or not, it served for funny imagery.

Shaking her head, another sigh escaped her lips, though this time the upturned slightly. “So…neither of you are mad? I expected like…punishment.”

[member="Dune Rhur"] [member="Leina Snowfire"]

Leina was listening and looking at her at the mention of punishment as she nodded her head in agreement... she should have something happen to her... now what would it be. Suddenly the spray bottle was up and Leina was spraying it at Joa as she spoke tapping her nose. "Bad grandpaddy bad, you get no dessert when we get back to the temple." She said it and had a stern looking on her face while her ami-Su were looking at Joza before stepping back. "There you have been punished and now we can continue on. You need to heal and if you misbehave for t we will have to go to other things like my mother used to spank me if I misbehaved or send me without dinner to my room."

"You're right, in a way," he said "The Dark Side lies within us all and it waits to be unleashed."

He felt her stiffen as he embraced her. He realized it must have seemed if birds swam and fish flew. He did care about her well-being. Perhaps Leina had rubbed off on him more than he'd thought.

He let go before speaking again.

"They take advantage of that when you're at your most vulnerable. I'm not saying that you didn't do wrong but you can atone for it now. You're not beyond coming back to the Light."

He looked over to Leina with a blank expression. Even a blind man could see the exasperation he exuded. She smiled sweetly in her usual disarming way. Dune sighed and shook his head.

The galaxy was a mad, mad place.

[member="Joza Perl"] [member="Leina Snowfire"]

Hearing that what she did was wrong—or at least, having it implied—seemed to have a somewhat soothing effect on the Zeltron. She was wrong. She knew she was wrong, and others knew she was wrong.

“You’re right. I need to move forward.” She wouldn’t forget what she’d done, and what had been done to her. Her past made her what she was, but it didn’t necessarily dictate her future. She’d learn from her mistakes, or so she hoped.

“Ack!” The mental homecoming was interrupted by a merciless assault from the spray bottle, and this time Joza couldn’t exactly protect her hair from the wrath of moisture. The Ami-Su atop her head had the foresight to leap away as Joza was assailed by many a mild spritz of water, flailing like a fool to try and knock the damn thing from her grasp. Finally she let up, and Joza frowned, trying to put her hair back in place. “So…no more snack cakes?”

[member="Dune Rhur"] [member="Joza Perl"]

Leina looked at joza and raised her lekku a little. "Well I wouldn't go that far there is always room for snack cakes they are like one fo the five food groups... or was it two of them..." She trailed off tapping her chin as she slid the spray bottle away to parts unknown. She was looking at the talismans and got a small nod to Joza and Dune. "Alright we have had our heartbreaking moments and excitement... lets go and catch us some more creatureas and have a parade of them all following us... oh maybe we'll find some more candy.. that would be awesome." Leina was excited while they were pushing through the bigger things tapping her fingers together with her Ami-Su.

"Just give her what she wants, Joza," he advised "She literally will not stop until you do."

Leina Snowfire could be Empress of the Galaxy if she wanted. But there was too much candy to eat. Otherwise they'd all be welcoming their taffy-loving overlord. Pet rocks would be all the rage with the moneyed elite.

It would be bedlam. Sugary sweet chaos would rain. Pink and fluffy disorder. Rainbows and ponies and hugs.

Sith Lords would throw down their lightsabers to hold hands and skip with Jedi. Cats and dogs would live together!

Dune shuddered just a little at that last thought.

[member="Leina Snowfire"] [member="Joza Perl"]

Joza watched Leina with curiosity as her lekku rose slightly. At least snack cakes weren’t entirely off of the table, and this was good news. At Dune’s addition, she nodded. He was right, somehow the Twi’lek managed to make things go her way, and Joza honestly had no idea how she swayed them into doing this. She didn’t question it though, how could she?

After all of the pain and heartbreak, a bit of whimsy was probably needed.

“Alright, alright. What else lives out here, besides these cute little guys?” The Ami-Su that had come with her scrambled up her arm and back atop her head again, seemingly unperturbed that his nest was now wet and stringy.

The Ami-Su on Joza's shoulder stiffened with sudden fear. Dune directed his gaze to what the rodent had focused on. Bith had sensitive 'ears' but nothing like the furry creature. He had to strain to hear the barest rustle.

Only the creature's reaction told him there was something out there. Something dangerous and probably slinking closer. It had to be some sort of predator. A humanoid would usually make more noise.

"I believe you're about to find out," he replied to the Zeltron's question.

OOC: It's a nexu. They're a predatory creature on Voss etc. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nexu

[member="Dune Rhur"] [member="Joza Perl"]

She was looking at Dune and at Joza with a grin on her face when she felt the small creature on her shoulder looking at the things and she paused standing there as the force expanded outwards. She could hear the nexu as it was coming and she paused looking at the creature with a nod of her head that it was dangerous while she was looking at the large cat, it drooling mouth and snarling fangs while she was nodding to herself but didn't take her saber from her hip with a small look. "We gots this." Leina was all excited and she moved up skipping around a little bit when it seemed to snarl before looking at her and she spoke when it was coming at her. "Stop." The force flared out from her hand and her voice boomed almost like a bellow. "Bad kitty." The nexu seemed to look at her while she was using the beast taming skills she did know and worked with. Attention to the large cat as she was slipping into its mind with a bow of her head watching him meet her eyes. Leina stayed there keeping her eyes on him and locked in place while she moved from side to side each time he started to try and look at Dune and Joza. "No look at me." The spray bottle came up and was assaulting the nose of the Nexu when it snarled and suddenly she tossed one of the talismans at it as it impacted the creatures head and she was focusing on him. "Stay... stay." She was holding her hand out at him watching and sprayed him again. "Behave kitty."

Joza’s attention was drawn to the Ami-Su’s sudden change in demeanor, then to Dune as the Bith had apparently picked up on whatever was causing the little creature to startle. Without enhanced hearing like her little creature friend and the Ami-Su had, Joza relied on instinct to prepare for whatever was coming. Her senses extended outwards and her left hand rested at her hip where her saber was clipped, though she didn’t reach for the weapon just yet.

“Oh chit.” The Zeltron whispered as a viscous feline beast appeared from the brush, but Leina had stepped up to tame the cat. Joza watched the beast tamer work her magic, though was prepared to intervene if necessary. She met the Nexu’s gaze with a dominating one of her one, trying to encourage it to back down rather than look at her. As much as Zeltrons were able to influence a person’s feelings, Joza and wildlife didn’t exactly get along. Once a city girl, always a city girl.

“Careful!” She hissed lowly as the Twi’lek sprayed the large beast with the spray bottle, but it seemed to fall under the effects of the talisman…she hoped.

[member="Leina Snowfire"] [member="Dune Rhur"]

Dune had been about to subdue the nexu. Then Leina had stepped forward with her spray bottle. What she did in the Force seemed almost pure magic. This despite him knowing exactly what she was doing.

Her skill with the beast trick was unsurpassed by any he'd met. Some had said he was skilled. Dune would always say his teacher was easily thrice as skilled. It was no exaggeration.

Then came the juxtaposition. The almost insane bravery coupled with masterful skill with a spray bottle to boot. Dune would've blinked if he had eyelids. He settled for a slow shake of his over-sized head.

A nexu was most certainly not a house pet. That thought apparently hadn't occured to his teacher.

Leina continued to work on it and look at the nexu as she wasn't breaking her concentration when it seemed to snarl and her hand came out smacking its nose. "No be nice." Te thing seemed angry with her but it was obeying when she spoke. "Now sit... hey sit." She held up the bottle and the Nexu was swishing its tail as it was sitting on all fours with its head below her and Leina moved around it keeping the force on the creature as well as her talisman as she was ruffling the fur of its neck with some sounds coming out of the nexu almost of happiness. "There we go, now who is the big girl... who is the big girl." Leina was petting the creature and stroking her when it seemed to roll onto its back and expose its large belly she was petting and the claws retracted for leina but it was watching the others. "Oh who loves the belly rubs... who loves the belly rubs?"

Joza continued to watch in fascination as Leina further subdued the creature, recognizing the beast’s telltale signs of submission to the Twi’lek Jedi. She arched a brow and looked towards Dune before stepping forward carefully, a bit closer to Leina and her new friend.

“That was really impressive, Leina.” She commented, a flicker of a smile coming onto her face as she watched the Nexu roll over to receive belly rubs. As the large cat began to purr from Leina’s ministrations, the Ami-Su on Joza shoulder pawed at her cheek. “Huh? Oh.” Realizing that the little creature probably felt a bit left out seeing that the feline was getting all of the attention, the Zeltron scratched it behind the ear. The Ami-Su looked delighted, leaning into her hand.

“How did you learn to become such a talented beast tamer?” And people tamer, apparently. It dawned on Joza how she’d gone from aggressive to distraught to calm in the span of time that they were all together.

[member="Leina Snowfire"] [member="Dune Rhur"]

It really wasn't supposed to be so easy. But not Leina was rubbing the nexu's belly! Within less than two minutes of encountering the wild predator. He had no words to this situation besides 'unbelievable'.

Joza had asked a very astute question. Leina had somehow always avoided answering when he asked. He nodded appreciatively towards the Zeltron. Those who assumed she was merely beautiful were very wrong.

That's what had finalized his choice of Joza years back. She'd been his first apprentice after years of avoiding it. He saw in her great potential. She showed everything he'd though her capable of in moments like these.

Leina was rubbing him as the ones there were looking over some fo the things. Joza and Dune both seemed surprised when she was asked a question looking at them. "Hey look there." She pointed and laughed a little watching them as she thought about how best to answer it. "And to asnwer your question well... when I was ten I spent a lot of time around the temple by myself and there were these creatures got to talk with him and he was showing me how to communicate. That was why I got to become a linguist within the jedi and trained with languages for things. Everything speaks and I know how to communicate with them." She said it with a smile on her face while standing there and continuing to work with her force energies as she spoke. "Now Banana." She pointed to the Nexu. "Roll over and say hello to Dune." She said it pointing to the Nexu and then to Dune with a look on her face. "Give him kisses."

“Hmm…” Joza tilted her head to the side, trying to analyze what was at work here. Leina had to be doing something through the Force, as she hadn’t known Twi’leks to have some famous racial ability for beast taming. “That’s actually pretty interesting.” The Zeltron sounded genuinely impressed with her explanation. “If you’re a linguist, does that mean that you know many spoken languages too? Like Huttese and Mando’a?” Still, communicating in such a way through the Force was a different story entirely.

Joza watched with fascination as the Nexu appeared tamed, though she retained a measure of caution.Banana?She repeated. “You…you named it already?” There was a bit of an incredulous tone to her voice, and she wondered if that meant that the temple would be getting a new pet soon. Banana the Nexu. Fitting.

[member="Leina Snowfire"]

Leina looked at her and gave a nod of her head in excitement. "Yes I speak many languages grandpaddy, it is easy once you hear and read them to learn a language. Though some of them like droid speak and shriliwook were a little strange or that language you use when talking with the geonosians... So many clicks and clacks." She said it with a small look on her face while going over a few of the other things and she thought about it. "Oh yes of course I named him.. don't you name all of your pet. Me and Banana are going to be the best of friends ever of all time." She said it with a grin while leaving the nexu to lick and keep licking Dune as the Ami-Su on her shoulder was watching.

[member="Leina Snowfire"] [member="Joza Perl"]

The nexu liked him. It really, really liked him.

"Well, you're not so bad, are you," Dune asked as he scratched the creature between the ears like a giant house cat.

He nodded.

"She also speaks Bith," the Bith added in Basic "And she would name it after food. You'll learn Leina lives to eat."

The Ami-Su seemed to be asking what was wrong with that with it's eyes from his perch.

Well…banana wasn’t a bad name. Just an unexpected one for sure.

“That sounds like it took a lot of work.” Joza commented, the tone in her voice suggesting that she was impressed with how well Leina retained mastery over multiple languages. Joza knew bits of Mando’a from hanging out with her dad and the Mandalorian Knights, but it had been a while since she had to use any of it and had thus forgotten most of what she knew. She’d heard that constant exposure was the best way to learn a new language, and it made her wonder how Leina did what she did.

Her eyes light up in amusement as the Nexu licked Dune, and the Bith scratched the creature behind the ears in response. “Naming, huh…”

She removed the Ami-Su from her head and held it out at arm’s length, staring at the creature pensively. The little beast cocked it’s head to the side, a bit confused but not threatened by the Zeltron’s deep gaze.

“Pokey.” She declared, as if years of thought had gone into the decision of naming her new companion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom