Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Over the Moon Jockey

Over the Moon Jockey
tumblr_nnf4dmA1qI1trwxuqo1_500.gifv
Location: In Hyperspace, en route to Draay 2, on board the Ruby Bliels.​
Tag: Konor Konor
Sitting in her pilot chair, Alana's thoughts were occupied by the strange contraception that she and her new 'friend' had scooped up. The pair had cashed in on their little score from Sarka, and now it was time to earn a little extra; she was just a few thousand short for buying a new ship after all. The strange device they had recovered had indeed been a map of some sort, though where they hell it was telling them to go she wasn't entirely sure. Legs crossed, she turned the device over, and shook it, knowing that was usually the best way to make it turn on, and as if on cue, it exploded into a display of stars, showing the route they needed to take.​
For the umpteenth time, she pulled up her own hyperspace computer, and compared the two maps, still not entirely sure what was so precious about Draay-2. Place had almost no history and had been written off as a barren rock, yet this little device was leading them there; had to mean something right. Huffing in annoyance, and feeling like she was still missing so tidbits of information, she turned the device off, and set it back down, and decided to start tinkering with her energy shield. Least that was something she could work with. Sliding a death stick from her front coat pocket, she lit it, and took a puff off it. There was still a bit of time til they hit the target, might as take the time to get her smokes in. She just hoped Konor wasn't tearing up the ship out of boredom.​

Konor was still on the mend after taking an explosion to the face the other day, Alana was, weirdly nice enough to let him recuperate on her ship. He was sure it had nothing to do with them agreeing to head to the big red dot on that starmap they found. Regardless, it was bound to be a big payday - or, at the very least, be a fun adventure.

The outlaw was currently holed up in his temporary quarters, tinkering with his suit with a cigarette hanging from his mouth. Despite the woman's attractiveness, the half-Sephi kept his distance and kept Alana at arm's length - like he did with Xan Deesa Xan Deesa and, well, all of his former partners. She'd saved him on that last mission, brought him back to her ship and patched him up, she even respected his 'mask on' rule. Still, Vil's mantra lived in his head every waking moment.

Expect everyone to betray you.

It was those 'words of wisdom' that made Konor wonder if all the effort Alana went through to haul his ass out of the fire was so he'd let his guard down around her, giving her the opportunity to swindle him at the chance of a bigger pay out. Konor scoffed to himself aloud at the thought. Fat chance of that, no one has or ever will get the drop on him.

And at that moment, his stomach grumbled with the volume of a Rancor. Blowing smoke out of the corner of his mouth, the half-Sephi put out his cigarette and proceeded to throw on his suit. He headed up to the cockpit and stopped outside the doorway, leaning against its hinges. Clearing his throat, Konor folded his arms and opened up with one of his flirtatious one liners.

"You got any snacks in here, and I'm not just talking about you," Konor's stomach growled again "See?" he added, pointing toward his abdomen.

Alana Calloway Alana Calloway

Over the Moon Jockey
Alana had fished out the components of her shield gauntlet, and was ever so carefully putting it back together after finding the kinetic dampeners were still working as intended. She had a knack for fixing things, and breaking them as well, but she rather enjoyed the mad tinkering that her after hours opened up. The problem with this of course, was that she often lost track of time, and indeed her own surroundings. She wasn't used to having passengers on the Bliels after-all; at least not living. As Konor had his presence known, Alana nearly dropped her dismantled device onto the floor as she spun around to find the man, narrowly catching the circuit board with her pinky as her startled turn about nearly sent it flying off into the corner of the room. Taking a breath, she mentally chastised herself for the sloppy display, and pondered the nature of her rations that she had on board. Though that wasn't entirely the reason her face had a fresh shade of crimson spreading across it.​
This boy was trouble, namely in that she let him get to her; not that she minded really, but it didn't make for a stable 'working' relationship.​
Another problem for another time.​
Of course she had snacks, the munchies were not a concept that was lost on her. Taking in a puff from her stick, she dropped the still smoking consumable into the stained disposal unit by her chair.​
Placing her device against the arm of her chair, the Echani gun woman grinned at man, rising as she collected her iconic hat hanging from the back of the co-pilot chair. "What am I your mother now? Yea, I got food, not a Zelosian after all. Those things are crazy mind you, they just life off sun shine, water, and an upbeat attitude. It ain't natural." They had a few hours til they were at the mission site anyways, might as well break the boredom. Sliding past Konor as she left, she gave him a gentle pat on the shoulder to signal him on. "Come on Special-K, I got a pantry with your name on it, and mine too now that I think about it."
She still wasn't sure how long they could keep this thing going. It was good of course, he was fun, didn't yap at her for her drugs, and paid her the lip service that she found amusing; but these sorts of things never had good endings.​

"Careful, that looks important." Konor snickered to himself after witnessing Alana almost dropping everything on hand due to his sudden presence. He slightly raised his arms in surrender.

Studying her features, he recognised that expression anywhere - she was flustered, whether from embarrassment of being so easily startled, or... maybe some kind of attraction. Interesting. If that was truly the case, maybe he was safe from some kind of betrayal. Alana was very easy on the eyes, and that was an understatement, but if she was trying to make a modest man out of him she was barking up the wrong tree, however, he wasn't opposed to having some 'fun' though.

"Look, I have mommy issues - but I ain't that freaky." he quipped, in response to her question about being his mother while following her gaze as she slide passed him.

After the signal to follow her, Konor marched behind her as they made their way to a haven of food. As they made their way to the pantry. As a drug user like him, he was certain Alana had some good food to sustain her whenever she was under the influence. Entering inside, Konor made his way to the fridge and scanned for anything that piqued his interest, when that failed, he turned his attention to the cupboard. His mask's white lenses scanned the small space as if he was some kind of droid looking for... something - he was too hungry for analogies right now.

Jackpot, he spotted some noodles - quick to make and filling enough. Reaching inside, he pulled a packet out and gathered the kitchen equipment necessary to make it before making his way to the small kitchen. After a few short minutes of boiling it on the stove, Konor grabbed a bowl and rolled up his mask over his nose, he immediately began eating it while it was still hot.

Leaning against the counter, he began speaking with his mouth full "Man, this is some good grub." Konor ate loudly, steam leaving his lips as he soldiered through the boiling hot noodles. Konor turned to Alana, wherever she was, and asked her "So, what're yer plans after this job? Don't sweat, I'm not asking you out or anythin'"

Over the Moon Jockey
Glancing back at the man, Alana flashed him a faint smirk at his comment. "Well I got both, maybe I'll get some booze and we can chat about it." She jested, knowing that it was probably futile making the suggestion; men had to be so damn stoic now. The little stroll to the kitchen area was brief, and given her preference for recreational drug usage, her panty was well and truly stocked. To her disdain, Konor found her noodle stash, and knowing there was no way to save her precious instant noodles, she had grit and watch the man take them. Well, there was more where that came from, but least he hadn't seen her bag of Mantell Mix. Even since she had been able to be on her own she liked to keep herself well stocked, mostly because after nearly starving to death several times over, it was nice just having food around. Perhaps she had too much food honestly, but she wasn't about to complain about that.

Waiting for Konor to finish his collection, Alana stepped up behind him, swiping for her bag of Mantell Mix, she grabbed a cola out of her carbonite freezer, and slid down opposite the man. She couldn't help but watch the man eat, a bemused expression on her face before she finally began snacking on her own selected treat. She paused in the midst of her munching as Konor shot a question towards her, and she had to give pause as she processed it. "Well, honestly, I figured I'd use the score we get from this and buy a new ship. But, frankly I don't usually plot too far ahead at all. I just...do and see what happens." She shrugged, taking another handful of kernels and munching on them. She didn't like thinking about this stuff.

"What about you? I mean, you just like to run and gun around for cash, yea?" She had frankly withdrawn on those activities, especially after she took a Beskar bullet from a Mandalorian sniper. No more working on Nar Shaddaa was the lesson she had taken from that.

Catching a glimpse of her watching him as he ate, Konor's free hand hovered over his lips. Ultimately uncaring of whether he did or not, he shrugged and moved on to his question on what she'd be up to after this job.

Nodding along to every three words Alana spoke, Konor continued wolfing down his noodles, lifting them out of the bowl in several large scoops. The platinum blonde woman's comment about purchasing a new ship caught his ear, making him glance at the room they were currently in. This was handy, having a snack room whenever a case of the munchies attacked, it was all the more reason Konor thought to invest in a ship of his own. Was probably cheaper than hotels and travel fees.

"--I don't usually plot too far ahead at all. I just...do and see what happens."

Pausing for a brief second, as if to really absorb the weight of her words, Konor evaded eye contact as he tended to be the same. It was a liberating lifestyle, doing whatever you wanted whenever you wanted, exploring the galaxy, constant adventures, credits, drugs, sex - not having a plan for what came next But... recently, as he grew older, he began to notice it all lacked purpose, it was fun and all, but what was life if you didn't have any. The half-Sephi's thoughts then dwelled on his mother and his origins, how he never knew her and had no answers as to why he was the way he was, powers and all. In his youth, he chalked it all up to just circumstance and, while, that may be true, it just wasn't a satisfying answer anymore.

"-- just like to run and gun around for cash, yea?"

Having lost himself in deep thought, Konor realised Alana was still talking to him. Jerking his head up, his lenses met her scarlet eyes and he nodded in agreement "Uhhh yeah, yeah. Sure. Only thing I know how."

He continued eating, scarfing down the rest of his noodles and rolled down his mask. This had all unintentionally got a little too heavy for him, it was as if Alana's words were some sort of trigger for him. Moving toward the sink, the masked outlaw dumped his bowl into it and moved toward the door leading out of the pantry.

"How long we got left?" he asked.

They were in desperate need of a conversational changer. And something to shoot hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom