Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Ouroboros in Eclipse (TSO/Tsis'kaar)

Inqusitorious_Div.png

"There is a thin line between the Butcher King and those willing to step on their own for power. Necessary or not." Alina's glare lingered for a moment longer, then her whole face relaxed. She slumped back into her seat, an almost sad looking smile taking over her lips. "You really aren't the same girl I pulled from the caves, are you? The one who risked her own life to save her peers. Our legacy, our teachings. They must be preserved. Not hoarded, though. The Inquisitorius's main enemies are the Eternals and the Kainites, the later of which I fear we are in open battle with. I'd prefer not to commit to war until the Order is settled, and even then, I'd prefer it be against the outside enemies.

Know that we do not support your master's vie for control. But we will not be her enemy, not while the Eternals and Kainites still exist anyway."

Iasha Rha Iasha Rha

This time, Iasha looked straight into Alina's eyes.

"I would still lay my life down for those I love."

Perhaps Alina was used to fear or bravado, but neither one of them were present in Iasha's eyes now. There was only honesty and anger. She was hardened, yes, but underneath the shell she was still the same. Iasha knew there were difficult choices to be made, but Sith could not be squeamish. Iasha was Sith.

"But that is not all I am willing to do to protect them."

Sith had to be strong.

She looked at the screen, then shifted some of the marks around. They changed shape as they were moved, as if the letters changed relative to where they were on the page.

"The Tsis'kaar will seek no quarrel with the Inquisitorius. Nor will we interfere." "As for hoarding, The Dark Lady has a peace offering, for a lack of a better term."

The screen turned and the cipher vanished with the change of perspective.

"These are files she took from the Saaraishash pre-collapse. Files on the man Empyrean used to be." "Happy hunting, old friend."

With that, Iasha rose up and turned her back on the table. Her lip drew thin again as her brows knotted up. The lekku gathered in front of her, tucking themselves around her neck like a scarf as she reached back for her hood.

Inqusitorious_Div.png

For a moment, Alina just stared in a stunned silence. All her assumptions amounted to nothing. Her verbal jabs scattered to the wind at that simple glare. The memory of the girl she thought was gone surfaced. The files mattered little. She didn't care about information, not now. Instead she stood up, practically throwing her chair across the room as she reached out to take Iasha's wrist. Stop her from leaving.

".. Are you still you?"

Iasha Rha Iasha Rha

Iasha halted as Alina asked her question. The twi'lek's lips parted, then immediately tightened again as she made up her mind.

The red-skinned twi'lek turned her head to look back at Alina. Tattoos, subtle and new, obscure in their origin and meaning, decorated the back of her neck and the base of her head, but Alina would perhaps remember: Iasha got new tattoos for every battle, whether victory or defeat. There was a story told in the pattern, but in the split second, desciphering them would be next to impossible.

As the sun above Krayiss broke free from its eclipse, light cascaded across Iasha's face. Her eyes set firmly on Alina, as if it was the last time she would ever look at her.

Brown eyes.

Without a word, the hood flipped up and she walked out of the chamber. Her cloaked form turned the corner of the door-frame and vanished out of sight. Her presence scattered like sand before the desert wind.

Neesa was wise to be cautious and buy herself time. She was an unknown ingredient in the still melting alloy that would make the Tsis'kaar in the time going forward. As there would be constant strife between the Tsis'kaar, the Eternals and the Kainites, there was bound to be some jockeying for power within the three warlords' followings. Some of those who attended looked hungry for power, opportunistic, if not even vain.

Yes, she could be setting Neesa up to fail. Or it was possible she was testing Neesa right here and now. Would she take on an impossible task and die trying, or would she find a way to refuse the order without incurring the wrath of Ophidia.

Ophidia watched with unerring stillness as the young assassin knelt and asked a most prudent question.

"I will give you a choice of three: Darth Carnifex, Darth Empyrean, or-" Her hands spread wide as to signal to herself.

To slay one of the Triumvirs, one of the three warlords who kept the Sith Order from ripping itself to shreds. It was a surprising ask. If the Dark Lady could not kill them herself, why trust that another could? If one could, would they then not be the one more suitable to leading the Tsis'kaar? Was she asking Neesa to dash herself against the rocks? Or did she expect to see something else, a way out perhaps?

The others who gathered stared in bepuzzlement.

Kalzok

Dark Thaumaturge, Loremaster of the Sith
bxqS4Gq.png

Homecoming
Tags: Darth Ophidia Darth Ophidia Neesa Neesa

zOIcum2.png

Kalzok listened silently to Ophidia's speech, taking in the sights of the gathered host. Assassins, Lords, Inquisitors, many had gathered to listen to the new guardian of the Sith legacy. Kalzok himself was here to report on some progress he had made for the order, but he supposed that would have to wait, given the people already speaking to the Dark Lady.

Krayiss Two. That was the other reason the Thaumaturge was here. It was home. He could feel it with every step he took, his gnarled feet grasping the dirt. He had taken to floating in the time since his... rebirth after Odavessa, but here he would feel the dark soil of Krayiss on his mangled skin, perhaps for the last time, given the proximity of New Imperial and Crusader forces to the system. Already he had dispatched some of his men to gather up dirt, rocks, plants, any innocuous artifact of the world. Even now, he was unsure if it was for sentimental keepsake or future rituals.

As Ophidia's speech came to an end, the congregation began mingling among themselves. The Sorceror was flanked by members of the Null Legion: loyal and trained, the troopers would serve as much-needed muscle and numbers for the Tsis'Kaar.

"I will give you a choice of three: Darth Carnifex, Darth Empyrean, or-" Her hands spread wide as to signal to herself.
She was testing the assassin, Kalzok could see. For the assassin to truly consider the meaning of assassination, of her cause. Why and how, and who would be killed. Kalzok watched silently.

N E E S A

Neesa kept her head bowed. Her hand, palm open, remained quite still. A choice of three.

Her eyes narrowed.

She knew where every weapon upon her person was. She knew every blade by weight and feel and balance. She knew how quickly she could pull the garrote string from her hair or draw a poisoned splinter blade from the spines under the leather on her forearms.

The easiest choice of three was presented before her. An option she very seriously weighed up for a moment. If it was the easiest choice, then it would have been careful considered before this task was laid out. Neesa was quick, but she was not faster than a plan laid out in advance of her.

"I would never raise a weapon towards you," Neesa lied. "The other two would take years. Especially as they almost certainly have eyes and ears upon you even now. I cannot accept this task," she replied.

She braced. If this was a trap, she was the kind of animal that would tear from of its own leg and thrash about and bite until the very last.
rqn84AE.png

The lie did not go undetected, but it was what any Sith should expect. The very nature of the dark side encouraged betrayal and succession by violence. To ignore this or to think one is somehow above the laws of the dark side of the Force was folly. It was exactly that folly that had opened her path to ascension.

They forgot to see her as a potential rival.

"An assassin is loyal."

Darth Ophidia began, looking at the others who had gathered there. Her voice was raised and carried out over the crowd. Not all turned to see, but those closest listened intently to what the Dark Lady of the Sith had to say.

"An assassin is the extension of the Dark Lady's will-" Some began to leer, but their mirth was cut short as Ophidia continued. "But an assassin is also intelligent."

She looked down at Neesa now.

"It is wise to know your limitations. To wait, to watch, and strike when the time is right."

Her words were like daggers, but not aimed at Neesa specifically. She was an instrument, both to be tested and to instruct those who bid for power what a Sith Assassin truly looked like. Either way Neesa had replied would have given her a lesson. If she refused, she would know her limitations. If she accepted, then she would be commended for her bravery. If she attacked Darth Ophidia, then the lesson might have been all the more spectacular.

"Keep the blade, and return to me with a prey that proves your calibre." "And you will be rewarded accordingly."

Kalzok

bxqS4Gq.png

Homecoming

zOIcum2.png

As their conversation finished, Kalzok went up to Ophidia and knelt, relishing the feeling of living dirt on his knees.

"Thy Umbral Majesty," Kalzok's voice seemed to crawl in fits and starts through the cursed air of the chamber.

"I have secured the loyalty and cooperation of the remnants of the Historic Conservation Society as you have requested. Already they have moved their relics and personnel onto ships and are making for the safe sites hidden from the eyes of the Eternals and Kainites. Their soldiers swell the ranks of the Null Legion," he reported.

Last edited:
Neesa stood and took a slow step back from the exchange. Her body did not want to move slowly, she wanted to run far from the limelight she had found herself in.

"I will return," was all she said with another bow of the head.

She did not know if the lesson had been aimed just at herself, or at those around them. It might have been a statement of intent regarding the Triumvirs, or just to mark the level of loyalty she expected of her followers.

Given the conversation, she had a clear idea of where she might look for a suitable quarry. If she could find one of the eyes and ears reporting back to Ophidia's enemies then it would feel neatly linked into what they had just discussed.

df9oq0y-f22f7990-8395-4662-b9e1-a9fc2b16de9c.png
Darth Ophidia observed Neesa Neesa for another moment as the young assassin retracted before she turned her eyes to the next one to pursue her attention.

Kalzok Kalzok , flanked by members of the Null Legion, stepped up to her precipice. Ophidia had her scepticisms toward the Null Legion, but she had decided to play along. If the legion became bothersome, she had ways to deal with them and Kalzok all together. If they ended up being as vital a resource as Kalzok claimed, then all the better. She had not sunk much into its establishment, only its utility.

The claim of the HISC resources was his first real test, but it was a simple one

"Fine work, Lord Kalzok. You take to your tasks with expediency." With a glance, she confirmed what initial reports had already whispered to her. "It is unfortunate that Dr. Vane did not see our side of the matter." "I hope you will make a more proficient replacement."

An honour bestowed, but also a veiled threat. If Kalzok did not rise to the occasion, then she would have him replaced as well. There were an endless supply of suitors to positions of power. Kalzok may be qualified, but not uniquely so.

"Now, we must see to the future. We have land to claim and repositories to build. I have a new task for you." "Send researchers to Fiviune and have your legion reinforce the surrounding systems." "Before we leave this exalted place, you will join me in sealing the Temple."

A grimace of disgust grew on her face.

"I would be dead before I let it fall into the hands of the Ashlan Crusade."

Nan'eth'illa Nan'eth'illa

Luck had it that Iren was not in a hurry.

No, so engrossed he was with the beetle, he had no interest in going through Nethil to explore the tombs further.

For now.

"Ah, you know who is entombed in it?" Cheerful as he crouched down again once Nethil plopped down to the ground. "I was just walking around and picked the first tomb with an interesting half-ruined statue in front of it." Which was rather irreverent from a Sith. But what average Sith was more engrossed with a random beetle on the ground than the potential riches down below?

This one apparently.

"Mm, sometimes they do. But... that's mother's nature work to frighten natural predators." Iren pointed out patiently as he reached out carefully towards the bug.

"If this is a more alchemized creature however... it would be better if it didn't have the obvious signs. Death by stealth, no?"

Which fit pretty well with the Sith Assassins ethos for that matter.

"What is a creature such as yourself doing here?" For a moment it might have seemed like he was addressing the bug. Until Iren looked up and straight towards Nethil. "Doesn't seem particularly comfortable to hang off the wall all day. I imagine you are not doing it here alone?"

Kalzok

bxqS4Gq.png

Homecoming

zOIcum2.png

"Now, we must see to the future. We have land to claim and repositories to build. I have a new task for you." "Send researchers to Fiviune and have your legion reinforce the surrounding systems."
Kalzok nodded.

"Thy will be done." It would be a good chance to get the Null Legion on its feet and working as a unit, not to mention getting them acquainted with securing the types of research sites the Tsis'Kaar would be using in the future. Kalzok himself was looking forward to returning to research. Perhaps his shattered mind could piece itself back into a semblance of his old self if he could focus on that which brought him so much meaning before... all this.

"Before we leave this exalted place, you will join me in sealing the Temple."

A grimace of disgust grew on her face.

"I would be dead before I let it fall into the hands of the Ashlan Crusade."

"I will begin preperations; the requisite arcane seals, demolition charges and reagents can be put into place within the hour."

df9oq0y-f22f7990-8395-4662-b9e1-a9fc2b16de9c.png
Kalzok Kalzok

"No." She interrupted. "No explosives. We will hide it with magicks and mislead them to a false temple."

After all she had said about the last assassin who tried to destroy the Library Temple of Krayiss Two rather than let it fall, she could not commit to the same error. The temple's very existence was a treasure, and she would not snuff it out. There had to be another way.

"The true temple will be protected and the false will be filled with information they already know." she nodded to herself "The obelisks will guide them there."

Some of this, she had already began. The lower floors of the Krayiss temple were being sealed, doorways hidden, power lines concealed. Copies of the Sith-Imperial artworks were ready to make the decoy.

"Begin post-haste, Lord Kalzok."

She dismissed him and looked out over the crowd.

"Acolytes of the Sith Order! The time of your ascension is coming. Soon will come the time of the sabre, the time of blood and burning flesh. Ready yourselves and sharpen your skills." "Now comes the time of war."

A man had been standing in the back wrapped in a dark blue hood and cloak. He had heard all that was said and took time to reflect on the wisdom. Now, this man, named John, approached Neesa at a humble pace. He was deliberate and careful, walking slowly towards her, but with one foot scratching the ground every few steps. Perhaps a limp from a past battle ailed him. Eventually, he reached her, and put a hand on her shoulder. He gripped her to steady himself, then looked into her with amber eyes. The man's face was a jumble of intersecting lines, scars from past battles, like someone had crumpled up a piece of notebook paper and then uncrumpled it.

"Do not worry yourself over your limitations. Hesitation filters out the weak from the strong, as not all are meant to walk this path. Perhaps you would find greater success in the Jedi Order?"

Neesa Neesa

She didn’t answer his first question. Instead, she visibly focused on the carapace of the beetle in an attempt to discern any pattern in opalescence or texture. One of her eyes changed signigicantly as it zoomed in and shifted through ultraviolet and polarised light modes.

Indeed, alchemical creatures did not follow the rules of nature, however, nor did machines. If there was one thing Nethil knew, it was machines.

«When you take apart a machine, you can tell a lot about who built it and where it came from by analysing its parts individually.» «Sithspawn are created, thus not dissimilar to a machine, no?»

She did not take her eyes off the beetle, even when he addressed her on a different topic. The steps of her reasoning were clearly important. This form of reasoning was sadly not standard training for acolytes of the Sith, and her specific vocabulary hinted to an education beyond the Sith.

«Thus, by the sum of its parts one should be able to determine similar facts about this beetle, its origin and purpose.»

Now she looked at him, as if scanning him for some sort of approval or dismissal of her ad-hoc. Her eyes narrowed a little as she finally responded to his query.

«Read the sum of my parts, I am as silent as your beetle.»

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom