Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Hunt Begins

Zagara Vao

Writer account. Check my characters out!
Moment of Truth.

The four Mandalorians stood around the central table in the Mynock's main holding bay. On it, a small holo emitter linked up to the ship's systems displayed a 3D mock-up of today's hunting grounds - the Naboo Abyss: an intricate maze of deep-water tunnels, caverns and caves that all linked up and spanned a large part of the planet. Even great lakes could link up to great seas this way, as the holonet illustrated. Almost floating freely just above a map of the aquatic terrain - a 3D holo of their prey - the Sando Aqua Monster.

"She's a beauty, isn't she?", Sonorous said calmly but with a soft smile on her face. Her helmet was off but the rest of her armor was still on. "At least 200 meters from head to tail in most cases, but the local Gungans say the one we're after today stretches to 310." The Twi'lek, with her firebrand red skin, looked stoic but one could obviously sense a certain shakiness in her young voice.

"And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for", she continued with a soft smile as she looked at the other three. "[member=Listralli Untaal"], you remember that joke you cracked all the way back when? About your hacked grenades? You had the right idea", she began with a grin.

Listralli Untaal. Greenskin, but about as fine a hacker as they come, at least by my estimates. She's just about my age but I swear on a Basilisk War Droid that she can fly and fix almost anything. I could blow half this freighter up with a Thermex charge and she could probably still fly the frotzing thing. I think she saw me trying to tear my Westar blaster apart the other day. I remember her chuckling - maybe I better test-fire it before bringing it to the next firefight.

"So I procured two Bongos for the four of us, and I don't know if you Shrills noticed, but I brought along a bit of Thorium for us to use tomorrow, folks. There ain't a blaster alive that can take a Sando down, so we're using big booms today. Fireworks, lady and gentlemen." You could tell she was getting all worked up from how her body language matched her words and livened up as she turned back to the holonet images again, pointing at one of the caves. "She lives in there. It leads out through another hole nearby so it works to our advantage. Here's the plan. I also happened to secure for us a couple vials of Opee Sea Killer pheromones. Guessed yet? We lure the Sando out of her home with the pheromones, take her for a spin and distract her with one of the Bongos, lure her back after other plants the Thorium charges inside, and if the rocks don't come down on us, we escape the other end. It'll be a tight squeeze and since the Sando's a heck of a beast, we won't be able to distract her for long before she catches up to the bait and crunches us to bits. I've run simulations - the other Bongo should be able to plant the Thorium in no more than 5 minutes. We can overheat the engines for speed but we can't keep it running for long."

"We only get one chance at this. This afternoon and this evening's all we've got", she concluded with that same stoic smile. She then turned to [member=Tahn Vizsla"] with a nod, saying, "Tahn, you're a Vizsla, and you're Gurlanin. You've probably been on countless of these hunts, and I'm banking on you understanding how beasts think. I'll pilot the bait Bongo, but I'll need you in there with me to spot for me. Study the abyss' terrain, and let's give the Sando a good run."

Tahn Vizsla. Reeks of Shrill all the time, but he's a tough old guy. Many years my senior, I only just met him on this expedition, but I know he's the real deal. Old uncle could probably kill a Wampa with his bare hands.

She then turned to [member=Atin Vendet"], whom she'd befriended some time ago, back when she was just learning how to put her armor together. He was as much a guardian as he was a friend. "Atin, you'll go on the other Bongo with Listra. You two have to figure out a way to latch the Thorium onto your Bongo, and remotely release it. Shouldn't be too much of a problem. You two'll be bonding and making charges for the rest of the day, in addition to studying the Bongo too of course", she concluded with a childish grin.

"When the Sando's dead, I'll tell the Gungans. They've agreed to haul it up for us afterward, provided it's dead dead. They've offered a bounty for the job, but I know what we're all thinking - something to show for back home. So I was thinking, I'll make us all necklaces from one of the fecking beast's teeth. Sound nice, right? Any more questions until we break off for the day to prepare?" She looked around again.

(OOC/Sorry for the long OP. Also, seeing as we're all clansmen, all dialogue in Mando'a!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom