Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship OSA-11 Relentless-Class Heavy Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
OSA-11 Relentless-Class Heavy Corvette
ironbelly-studios-humanbattleship.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a heavy corvette for the Silver Navy and select clients of Obsidian Star Aerospace
  • Image Source: Ironbelly Studios via www.artstation.com
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Heavy Corvette
  • Length: 200 meters
  • Width: 60 meters
  • Height: 40 meters
  • Armament: High
    • 4 Dual Turbolaser Turrets - 360 degree rotation
    • 4 Turbolaser Cannons - forward arc
    • 4 Laser Cannon Turrets - 360 degree rotation
    • 4 Twin-Linked Ion Cannons - forward arc
  • Defenses: Low
    • Durasteel Armor
    • Shield Array
  • Hangar Space: Low (0)
  • Hangar Allocations: N/A
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average - Class 2.0
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Life Support System
  • Standard Crew Quarters
  • Standard Infirmary
  • Standard Shield Array
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • High Efficiency Ion Propulsion Drive
  • High Efficiency Thruster Array
  • High Powered Communications Array
  • Advanced Sensor Suite
  • High Efficiency Hyperdrive
STRENGTHS
  • Fast and Maneuverable: The Relentless-Class Heavy Corvette is designed as an interceptor/scout type ship capable of pushing forward quickly during a naval battle and engaging the enemy up close or performing forward reconnaissance in developing situations. As such it has a faster cruising speed than is usual for a ship of this tonnage and is able to maneuver in ways similar to a smaller vessel.
WEAKNESSES
  • Fragile: The Relentless Corvette only has a light shield array and very little armor. It is designed to use its speed and maneuverability to outmaneuver the enemy rather than to stand up to a direct attack.
DESCRIPTION
The Relentless Heavy Corvette is a attack/scout Corvette designed for primarily offensive/reconnaissance operations against enemy ships. It utilizes its heavy armament, high cruising speed and superior maneuverability to chase down enemy ships in squadrons of three to five and engage them. As well it can use its advanced sensor suite and high powered comm array to scout out enemy movements and report back to the main fleet. It is not designed for heavy engagements or to operate on its own.

Last edited:

Fiolette Fortan

F
Thus far I have this over by two points on the ratings, you're welcomed to adjust them down if you'd like to keep things balanced. Or, you can keep it as is, up to you. Let me know what you decide to do. Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr

Let me just go through the math real quick:
  • Production: Minor - should give me -1
  • Defenses: Low - should give me -1
  • Hangar Space: Very Low (0) - should give me -2
  • Armament: High - should be +1
  • Maneuverability Rating: High +1
  • Speed Rating: High +1
  • Hyperdrive Class: High - Class 0.5 +1
For a total of 0.

So if I'm understanding the rating systems properly, by my math the ship should be balanced already? If you could let me know where I've erred, I'd appreciate it.

Fiolette Raaf

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently I can't math properly. So I dropped the hyperdrive rating down to Average. So that should, according to the spreadsheet, balance everything out. Please let me know if there are any other issues. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom