Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech OS-46 "Ophidia" Anti Armor Sluglauncher

Status
Not open for further replies.
OS-46 "Ophidia" Anti-Armor Sluglauncher

Image Source:
http://neocron-game.com/Media/Default/images/weapons/rocketlauncher.jpg
rocketlauncher.jpg

Intent: Give the One Sith a cheap and reliable Anti-Armor for the troops and Warforged SORI commandos.

Development Thread:

Weapon Testing here. (ongoing) http://starwarsrp.net/topic/77223-no-gate-or-roses-but-lots-of-phrik-ootbr-v-osallies/?view=findpost&p=1145480

Development: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/76168-a-collaberative-design/#entry1128347

Designing: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/76051-dark-relations/#entry1133441

Manufacturer: Warforged Inc.
Model: OS-46
Affiliation: One Sith, Warforged Inc.

Modularity: Yes. The ammunition can be modified and attachments can be put on.
Production: Production: Minor Production

Material: Durasteel, Alusteel, Synthmesh

Classification: Anti-Armor Slugthrower
Size: Handheld

Length: 1,090 mm

Weight: 35kg

Ammunition Type: 22mm alusteel Slugs or special ammunition made for it in the future.

Ammunition Capacity: 1

Effective Range: Equivalent to a standard blaster rifle
Rate of Fire: Bolt Action

Special Features:
Detonite chemical composition for slug fire
Hard safety switch
Pressure sealed round chamber
Ballistic inter-cooling

Description: After the now infamous battle of Naboo the need for a solution for armor was evident to Lord Mythos. After the foundation of Warforged the very first project to be commissioned was Project: Ophidia. With collaboration from various companies and creative minds the prototype was released to see field on the One Sith raid of Demonsgate. The weapon is a single fire, "bolt action" sluglauncher that shoots a 22mm alusteel sulg designed to penetrate the main battle tanks of the enemies of the One Sith. Moving around with it and sneak attacks with is a pain in the rear, but as a direct fire weapon against Armor, it doesn't get any better than this on the open market.

The weapon is predicted to have other ammunition more advanced than the standard slug in the future thus making the weapon able to evolve with the round rather than with the design. The OS-46 works with detontie as it's ignition for fire, when the slug leaves the barrel because of the detonite explosive charge, the speed that the slug shoots gives it the penetration it needs.

The "Ophidia" as it is called by the SORI because of the original projects name is simple to use, rugged and reliable, it can take punishment in the form of water, dust, mud or sand and still be optimal for use. The ballistic inter-cooling allows the gas pressure of the round releasing to vent outside the weapon muzzle allowing it to even fire underwater. Reload for each round varies, but the average shooter will be able to reload in three to five seconds. It can only fire a single round at a time.

The OS-46 sports amazing penetration power with it's standard round yet it does not detonate or have any other effect, the round will penetrate and often ricochet inside the vehicle causing major damage to either components or the operators inside. It has no scope or aids for accuracy but can be added by the user if they so wish.

Ophidia is heavy, the power of it's penetration comes at a cost. At under 500 meters the Sluglauncher is able to take on tanks and light armor.

Unless enhanced with the force, shooter will probably need a stand or a bipod for fire. The kick of the weapon is formidable, most training on the weapon goes into training for the kick.

Primary Source: N/A

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Rusty

Hi, my name is Rusty and I'll be your Factory judge for this submission.

The biggest problem with this weapon is the fact that it won't work.

I don't mean the mechanics of it are off, though I certainly wouldn't want to be anywhere near a firearm with an internal supply of detonite. If that's your thing, more power to you. I am not that brave.

Where this weapon falls apart is the intent. Bottom line, you've created a shoulder fired artillery piece that weighs as much as a standard rifle. The recoil alone would likely kill the shooter. That's not an exaggeration, by the way. The concussion from the muzzle blast alone could be fatal, and I'm reasonably certain it would take the arm off as well. There's no way to get enough muzzle velocity out of this thing as a direct fire weapon in order to be effective against tanks and still make the process of firing survivable.

What you might be better off doing is using it as indirect fire. I can't tell you exactly how to set up your weapon, but I would recommend doing some research on shoulder fired grenade launchers like the M302 or M203. You could keep the weapon almost exactly how it is now, but how it's used and the projectiles would be different. Food for thought.

@Galicus Sagious

Rusty

Much better this go round.

Consider yourself warned, however: if this thing gets abused and reported, I will gleefully take a hammer to it.

Pending Approval.

[member="Spencer Varanin"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom