Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Oreos

"I was never very good at it," she admitted, clearing out her throat again. There was nothing stuck in it, she was uncomfortable. "S'for the best. What about you, got anyone?" An unconscious deflect.

Last edited:
He stifled a laugh, but a few muted chuckles made their way out anyways. What with all the time and focus he dedicated to being a Jedi and then Denon, it was a surprise he could even be here now.

“No,” Corin first answered with a tinge of amusement, “Call it focusing on myself. Sounds a whole lot better that way.”

Truth was, only new people he met were the scum that met his fists.

Kyra grinned, the first of its kind. "Well lucky you, I'm here. Come on, we'll watch a movie." In typical Kyra fashion she picked up the platter and absconded for the living room, declaring him her new best friend.

She flicked on the light with a nudge of the force and crashed bravely into one of his musty couch cushions.

"So whats the deal with the Jem girl anyway?" she called out, shoving a whole cookie into her mouth. "She really to be trusted??"

Last edited:
Corin set himself beside her, a whole lot less carefree than Kyra. Just a normal sit, an ease into it. Less bold, no matter how insignificant the action was.

“Who’s to say.” He groaned, “For now? Maybe not. If she can be cured of all that, maybe. I didn’t know her as a Jedi to begin with. Just as a psychotic Sith. But…” He trailed and softened, “She turned back in the end. Tried to kill her Sith father, then herself. She regrets what she did, but I don’t know how strong that hold is over people.”

"Chit, really?" Kyra crinkled her nose and said the only appropriate thing that came to mind. "Bleh."

She grabbed the remote and fussed with the buttons, one handed as she fought over it. "Payperview-payperview." A bold move, but Yula could yell at her later. Kyra couldn't believe she wasnt home by now, did she not get the emergency alert??

She kicked her feet up and balanced the cookies between them.

"You know he took her right? She let 'em, to protect Dag." It was the only piece of the story she knew, and only because she had used her abilities to figure it out last time. She had been able to reveal Jem's fall as forced, but whatever Dagon had found after that had been beyond her.

Didn't sound good, either.

"Guess that's why she--" she whistled and gestured to her face, "in the end." Small images of the event were creeping in, delivered to her buy her unusual abilities and the force. She shrugged as if to say 'whatcha gonna do'.

“I knew she was a Jedi,” he started, confusion still plastered across his face, “I wasn’t told much else. Didn’t seem to like talking about her, so I didn’t ask.” Corin shrugged.

“To save him though? What happened there?”

"No, that's what I'm saying. She left as a jedi. They were in some battle and if she resisted it would of--" she frowned, trying to remember the vague emotions of the vision from months ago. "Gotten Dagon killed. Somehow. She sacrificed herself for him, I can't believe he didn't say-- we had a whole talk about leaning on people-- and he's left you in the dark? That thick sonofabi--"

She had been an ear for Dagon, not unlike she was being for Corin now.

“He’s stubborn at the best of times.” He remarked about his Master, a first hand account Corin was certain she could believe. “Not as infallible as he seems sometimes.”

He leaned further backwards with his hands set behind his head, a blank stare thrown towards the not-so-distant screen. “Makes sense. He was invested in her return, still is. If she sacrificed herself for me, I’d be the same. Too much… Guilt, otherwise.”

"Guilt abound, it seems," Kyra muttered under her breath. Images continued to bubble forward, attached to emotions that flooded her hypersensitive senses. One in particular stood out. "Did she really shoot off her face?" She couldn't stop herself from asking, perturbed.

Taken aback, Corin hesitated for a moment. Then a moment more. He recalled the horrific sight of it, every gruesome detail.

“Yeah,” he muttered. “Tried to kill herself. I reached out to pull the blaster out from under her chin, but…” Corin shrugged and frowned. “Just wasn’t fast enough.”

“She’s a Firrero, or whatever it is. She’ll grow it back, they say.”

"Ew."

She had forgotten entirely about the paid movie selection. She sat inside the silence for a moment longer, then grimaced and sat leaned back into the couch. "And now you gotta live with her."

Kyra didn't envy him.

“Makes for a weird pseudo-family dynamic,” he said knowingly with a half-smile, one borne out of the oddness his life was bound to inherit. All through the actions of others, mind.

“How about you,” he probed some more, “Surely I’m not the only one with some real weirdness going on?”

Kyra barked a laughed.

"I mean I saw a dead person earlier? Pretty sure she was a sith... told her mom she loved her. Didn't know sith could feel but hey sure-- who I am to stop the love." Kyra paused, disturbed. "...Unless that was a code. Did I deliver a sith code?"

"That's, uh." His mouth twisted into this uncertain frown and his narrowed features stared off into the distance for a moment, then a moment more. "That's one I'm unfamiliar with. I doubt Sith are even able to love, what with their emotions turned towards the darker side of it all." His own surmisation of Jem and other cultists, "Love is a little too much for them. Jedi, not so much. But I think most have other focuses, anyways."

Kyra's lips pursed as she mulled over more than a few complex thoughts.

Had her sister been unable to love when she lost to them? She seemed to care, it was just ... wrong and... twisted. She selected a random space flick about a sentient flower falling in love with a Cyborg.

Whatever.

"I take it no girl friend for you then," she laughed, the noise catching under her breath. "Let me guess, your interests are..." She craned her neck and looked him over. "Hair products and fist fights."

“For me? No, never. I’m too busy for all that noise, and something tells me I’ll never be less busy than I am now.” He said with an amused smile and a hint of a chuckle, “But with those interests, I suppose I do take after Dagon after all.”

He let a few seconds of silence stir.

“But I don’t know. I have interests, just that those interests are tied to the mission. And confidential, too.”

Not everyone would take so calmly to the fact he dressed in a mask at night and thumped criminals, now with an even harsher form of punishment than before. Whatever punches he once pulled, that wasn’t the case now. Bruising across his knuckles let that be known.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom