Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Oreos

Kyra let herself into her sisters apartment, the emergency code written on the back of her hand with smudged blue ink.

She wasn't technically suppose to use that code unless it was, yanno, an emergency. Those specific numbers prompted a system alert to her sister's holo the moment they were entered, but that was kinda the point.

Surprise, she was here!

Alright so she wasn't some undergrown troublemaker in need of the safe house, but she was a sister and she was worthy of the same sudden attention they would acquire. Kyra closed the door behind her and dragged her rucksack in, giving it a blind toss into the dark living room.

There was a couch there, right? A smelly one. Kyra slipped off her jacket and walked deeper in.

"Hello?"

Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

Last edited:
Corin went about his errands in silence for some time now. It was the least he could afford them, those that suffered the most as of late. It was a troublesome time, to say the least. He was a visitor, after all, even if he lived there for a while. Some not-son-in-law scenario he could never understand, neither did he feel the need to; whatever their relationship was, it was not his own to go prying into.

But the sound of an unfamiliar voice caused his brow to raise and steps faster than they needed to be carried him towards the front door. She was pink, like Yula, maybe that was a start. But his confused expression remained plastered across his face nonethless.

"Uh," he stumbled, "Who are you?"

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Taken aback, Corin almost recoiled in the shock of the situation. Someone entered his home-not-home and asked who he was?

"Corin, I'm the Padawan." He answered, however. "Best try somewhere else if you're a thief."

Kyra rolled her eyes.

"Do I look like a thief to you? I brought snacks." She pulled out a pack of oreos and flashed them. Double stuffed with a cartoon of blue milk. "Do thieves bring snacks?" She pushed past him for the kitchen.

Stunned into silence, Corin folded his arms across his chest and huffed. His blue orbs trailed her as she brushed beyond the Jedi and entered the kitchen. He met a scarce few others in his time beneath Kaze, short-lived interactions before whoever it was fled into a life of their own, far from his. She resembled Yula, somewhat, or maybe that was due to the skin. Had that been racist? He briefly wondered, but dismissed it soon after.

"Depends on the heist," Corin answered with skepticism, "Are you a friend of...?"

Kyra was much paler than Yula- almost flesh colored, in fact, in the dark cast of the kitchen. She flicked the light on and rummaged through the cabinets, deigning to answer when it suited her and not a moment sooner.

"Sister," she answered, holding one cup in her mouth. She placed another before him along with a plate, then spat her glass out and answered fully.

"Yula's. Though technically Dagons by this point--they've been together forever. Are you his brother?"

She ripped open the pack of oreos and began to lay them in a decorative circle around the plate.

His lean frame leaned into the doorframe, and a sudden look of embarassment struck his features at the mention of her relation. Corin could see it now, he had to admit, but the initial stand-offishness was not to his favour. He could blame it on unpleasant times, maybe, or maybe it would never be relayed. He wasn't to know until it happened.

"Student." He answered, "But there is some sort of resemblance."

"Been with one another since I've been here, at least. Do you come by often?"

"His." He answered, his neck craned and a hand held onto the rear of it. His discomfort was clear to see across his face, even if for a brief moment. Corin needed to think on that, whatever came next, what was to come next, some sort of trial or rehabilitation. Kaze could handle all that, that was his domain. Corin? He tended to Denon, the streets still needed to be cleaned.

"It's a whole situation with her." He stated, seemingly uncertain.

Kyra stilled, his discomfort screaming through the force. She managed to hide a grimace and pushed the cookies his way.

"Yeah?" She offered, opening the table to tell her more; not just for his sake, she was dying to know. "This wouldn't have anything to do with that Typhon incident, would it?" She cast him a knowing look.

She had just come from delivering the news of Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn 's death to the woman's mother. Ugly business. She had sat on whether or not she'd do it for some time. When it came down to it, everyone deserved closure. Kyra couldn't help but try and help.

She poured him a glass and pushed it over, something inviting about the energy in kitchen as he hovered on the threshold.

Pheromones.

Last edited:
Before their hold started, he was lost to them. His lack of information on Zeltrons and their innate abilities lost him that match.

"Tython." He corrected, "And, yes. Jem... is, or was a Sith. She's... in some rehabilitation now. To become better, to be a Jedi."

He raised the glass and drank from it without so much as a thought added.

It wasn’t anything untoward, just a weak sense of ease and relaxation. At most he would feel safe, and he was. Zeltrons weren’t built to hold malicious intent. In a world of empaths, that chit would blow up fast. She poured herself a glass of milk and plucked up a cookie.

“Is she now.” She couldn’t help her skeptical edge. Maybe that was a bit of Corin mixing in.

She eyed him, his energy radiating off him like a halo of angry bees. “You know it’s ok not to be happy about this,” she stated bluntly. She dunked her cookie and shook it off.

Last edited:
His eyes narrowed on hers, then. Some small amount of hesitation revealed itself. Both in the delay of his answer and the twist of his features, as if that comfort she eased into him vanished soon after. Corin set the drink down and folded his arms over his chest, as if to be his own non-verbal shield.

"I know." Corin remarked, "It's a lot... Just, not sure what to make of it all. Yet, that is. It's all new."

His words rolled on too fast. Before one ended, he started another.

"Mmmmhm." Dunk dunk-- bite. The cookie crumbs were the perfect texture of firm and milk loaded. "...Who brings food to a heist?!" She declared abruptly, her thoughts pingponging back to his previous quip.

Or maybe she was just giving him space on the topic.

He let out an amused huff and the bow of his head. It was a soft, albeit small smile that creased at the corner of his mouth. His eyes locked onto the set down drink for a time, before he rose them to meet her own once more.

"It's fresh still." Corin commented with a sorriness to his tone. He reached out to dunk a cookie of his own.

"Just feels weird, with her here. Two of us have tried to kill one another before, several times even. I'm still his student, but he's..." Corin shook his head, "He's busier with her now. He needs to be, I understand that, but. Yeah."

"You don't know what comes next," she concluded for him, her tone soft as she summarized the feelings he couldn't put words to. Her eyes swam with ginger sympathy. It wasn't pity, she just understood him. There was very little she could say next to help. She dunked another cookie instead, steady company.

"I lost a sister the same way. To the sith. We got her back-- she's fine," she reassured. "But... When she came back I hated her too. Ran away for awhile. Guess you can stay I'm still running." The truth was ugly, but at least she owned it.

"Probably wasn't the best move." Dunk dunk dunk.

Last edited:
“Is that the reason you’re here now?” He asked with an inclined brow, the thought that he pried a little too much crossed his mind but neither had Corin made an effort to correct himself.

“Jem and I aren’t close, he added, “Not the same baggage there, I guess.”

Kyra shrugged again. "I don't really know Dagon, but I know what he's going through. It's not something anyone should do alone." She munched on the fresh cookie and mulled, her thoughts a thousand miles away as images of the clubs... and the drugs... all her old vices came forward.

She blinked and cleared her throat, refocusing on him.

"All I know is longer I let myself stay angry, the more the sith won. Can't have that," She declared primly.

Corin nodded.

“Yeah. He has Yula still, so. Y’know. He’ll never be alone. I think.” He was somewhere now, either with Yula or Jem. Someone. Busier than Corin, that much was for sure, but that was never much of his business.

“On a hiatus from all this Jedi stuff, then?” He probed with an assumption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom