Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordo Pius Dea

Ordo Pius Dea
[Minor Faction Introduction/Interest Check]
Ordo_Pius_Dea_Crest.jpg
[SIZE=14.6667px]“There is only One Code.[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]There is only One Verdict.[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]Swift Death to Evil”[/SIZE]​
-Psalm of the the Holy Codex-
IC Lore Introduction:

[SIZE=14.6667px]"There has been an awakening...have you felt it? The Dark Side...and the Light."[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]As the struggle between the One Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic continues. Years since its beginning, a movement has been brewing. Renegade and radical Ligthsiders, who have been swept up by religious fervor and the resolution to liberate the Galactic Core, have begun to organize in hidden covenants. Recently, however, a leader among these groups has emerged. Only known by his codename: Heirophant, he has called the faithful to converge. At a secret base, which is referred to as the Monastery, the forces of the light converge and outside of the jurisdiction of the Jedi Academy and Jedi Council have begun the work to form an Order with only one code and one oath: "Swift Death to Evil." They are the servants of the Light Goddess, the Dea of the Force. The are the Pius Dea reborn. And the time of their crusade - is nigh. [/SIZE]

OOC FAQ:

[SIZE=14.6667px]What is Ordo Pius Dea?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Ordo Pius Dea or Order of the Goddess, is a militant monastic order of Lightside FU and NonFUs, who have come together to establish a Lightside orientated free collective. I personally think a faction like this is long over due in the lore of the site. Ordo Pius Dea is a faction that is aggressively Lightsided. By this we mean, war in the name of the Light Goddess. Those who come to the Order are the hopeless and the leaderless who have in some fashion either by FU or NonFU been touched by the light or the sense of freedom and attracted by this join the cause. OOC mechanically it is a Minor Faction, ICly it is a religious/political movement ideologically opposed (but not hostile) to that which governs the Jedi and Silver Jedi Order. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Does your character have to be religious to join? No. The "Light" can be anything. The Lightside, a sense of Hope, Righteousness, the ambition to liberate your home world. It is a term to be fashioned to your believes. The Light, as the Order says, can be whatever brings brilliance to your life. The Light is an oath to kill evil. No matter how it manifests. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]How is it organized? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px][ICly] Ordo Pius Dea, although the faction name, is but a part of a greater organization based on the homeworld of the Monastery of the Order. This organization is known as the [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Illuvian Freehold[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] and is run by the Ordo Pius Dea. Ordo Pius Dea itself is broken into various branches some religious and some civilian. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Political Organization:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]The Ordo Pius Dea is comprised of the [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Ecumenical Council[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] and the [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Vox Demos[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]. The Ecumincal Council, is much like the Jedi Council, except it holds a political power in governing the Order and the Freehold. Its focus is warfare, world upkeep, maintenance of its military arm and management of missionary operations. The Council is headed by the Heirophant. Vox Demos, is the People's Voice, and are populated by Justicars who act as Governors to the people. Their focus is, resource management, welfare, political stability, infrastructure upkeep and legislative procedure. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Military Organization: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]The Third Branch, is the military arm known as the [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Deam Host (Host of the Goddess)[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]. It is subdivided into Legates (which you get to create and populate with your own lore). Each Legate has a FU (Archegon/Seraphim) and NonFU (General) Commander who are joint commanders of said Legate. FUs work like Battle Mages, they are special officers and the units they command are to be used and commanded by the Generals and the Paragon. They work together. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]General Ranks: [/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]Ordo Pius Dea (Force-Users):[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]-Neophyte (Initiate Level) (Military Translation: Sergeant)[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]-Paladin (Knight Level) (Military Translation: Captain)[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]-Archegon(M)/Seraphim (F) (Master Level) (Military Translation: Colonel) [/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]The Deam Host (Non-Force Users Military): [/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]- Private[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]- Sergeant (Squad)[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]- Lieutenant (Platoon- 4 Squads)[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]- Captain (Company- 4 Squads)[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]- Major (Battalion- 4 Companies)[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]- Colonel (Legion- 4 Regiments (made of Battalions))[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]- General (Legate- Made of Legions, varies) [/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]- Paragon (Host- Made up of Legates, Highest Command) [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px][OOCly] In generally, the key to this faction is -creative freedom. All this IC jargon is to add fluff, some lore bling to ultimately what you put into it. What I have constructed here is just a framework, you supply substance. You supply the Hosts, the Legates, the Legions and their lore and heritage. You supply the Edicts the Ecumenical Council and the Justicars of the Vox Demos create. You write the future of this faction. IC rank does not apply to the OOC discussion of ideas and direction. If you have a project you wish to explore and have proposed it, discussed it and understood the concerns raised. Then go for it. The key here people is - Communication, Discussion and Prerogative. That is why factions like the Lords of the Fringe, Primeval and the One Sith are so successful. The freedom to be creative spurs on the creativity of its member base which in turn attracts more activity from new members. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]In structural discussion, the faction is regulated (notice how I didn't use the word run) by Admins. It has an NPC ruler at its head the Heirophant, which the Admins can be requested to RP if it is integral to your story. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The fate of this faction is in your hands. Your story, your charcter lead it into whatever direction we together discuss and brainstorm. :)[/SIZE]

So Whats the Plan?
[SIZE=14.6667px]Well first off there are few threads we as a faction should conclude. These are:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]1.First Congress-[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Heirophant reveals himself to the most faithful and calls for them to meet at the secret base codenamed: Monastery. This will be our initial meet and greet.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]2.Spread the Word-[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Characters will be sent on missionary operations, as clandestine operations to spread the word of the Light Goddess. This can be done in enemy territory (with OOC coordination with OS/Primeval etc.) And formal Clerical Missions to the GR and GA, Rebels etc. This Missions are not to steal members away but to establish alliances, terms etc.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]3.Development[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Start working on finding places and contracts to build ships, develop the Monastery into a Fortress world. Train, go on missions etc.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]4.CRUSADE![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Launch the very first Deam Crusades against the darkness in the world. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]FYI, I wrote this during break at work. So I probably missed out on some questions. If you have any feel free to ask and if you have any ideas feel free to share. [/SIZE]
fiendslayer-paladin.png

Considering the original home of the order is currently occupied by the Sith, I think retaking it should be the goal of the order.

Also, we could just hand wave some stuff about if aliens fight evil they may be purified and allowed into the order. There's precedent for that in the lore. Still discriminated against perhaps, but the situation is just so different from the original appearance of the Ordo. There's no reason for them to act exactly the same.

[member="Moah"]
Considering the original home of the order is currently occupied by the Sith, I think retaking it should be the goal of the order.
A future Crusade perhaps. I like it very much.

Also, we could just hand wave some stuff about if aliens fight evil they may be purified and allowed into the order. There's precedent for that in the lore. Still discriminated against perhaps, but the situation is just so different from the original appearance of the Ordo. There's no reason for them to act exactly the same.
Mhm. I am thinking it's a "Baptism" of sorts when joining the Order. But, probably no discrimination. Ordo Pius Dea =/= Pius Dea. Its a reinvention of sorts not a continuation.

Interested in joining perhaps? Could use good NonFUs. Its a long project but I think its a faction style that the site hasn't explored properly.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Au'Rus Rhaeyns"]

Can I join with an NFU HRD? I'd prefer something political to start before jumping right into the military swing of things. So Justicar maybe? :)

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

:) Btw, Ordo Pius Dea, as I plan to RP them, started off as a clandestine network of ligthsiders working in secret covenants before converging into one Order. So through this I am thinking they use their underground network of faithfuls to get in touch with you as an IC reason for us to meet and discuss campaigns against the OS. I know you are about to start campaigns with Primeval so you could be busy, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

We are still very small and probably will be for a bit. But, I am in this for the long haul. Since I made Hauntruss, I always wanted a heavily militant lightsider faction as a sort of aggressive opposite to Jedi Council and Silver. I think it makes the Lightside RP world more diverse and richer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom