Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Order of the Shrouded Path - A Black Sun Story

black_sun_logo4-png.443

In the dark void of space, a derelict cargo freighter chugged toward Stygeon Prime. Within this vessel, a motley collection of scum gathered in one of the smaller cargo bays, which had been converted into a padded training chamber. Most were Black Sun, others were merely affiliated with the criminal syndicate. All, however, came together with the common understanding that the galaxy was too big to be split between Jedi and Sith. They had had their time in the center stage for far too long. It was time for a new order of Force wielders to arise. An order which gave no parlance to creeds or rigidity. This was 877 ABY. Those who wielded the Force needed to move beyond the simplistic views of the Jedi and Sith.

In the center of the padded cargo bay, the silverback Wookiee Madclaw stood, wearing only a loose skirt and kama after the Mandalorian fashion. He held a massive lightclub in his right hand, with three wicked looking fangs of some beast sprouting from the pommel.

"A new age dawns," Madclaw said to the group, projecting outward with telepathy, "Let us end the tyranny of Sith and Jedi upon the Force."

blacksun_spacer1.png

Last edited:
Cedwyn stood in his room looking at the separated pieces of his Lightsaber. Was he truly going to do this? Was he going to reject the years he had spent running away? Touching the tilt, he sighed, it had been a long time coming. His connection with the Force was slowly coming back to the surface and he couldn't deny that having the Force made him a stronger, more capable bounty hunter. It was simply that he was disillusioned by the Jedi and never found the appeal of the Sith. Was this new order being made, one headed by a Wookiee literally called Madclaw, the best option?

Fact was, unless he wanted to go around and start organising a faction of grey Force Users, it was the only one that he could find out about. One that did not judge his morals, and allowed him to work in the spaces that he wanted to work. Working both sides of an endless war to ensure that he made the most amount of credits. If he was going to do this then now was the time and he needed to choose. Sighing deeply, he pulled a chair out and sat at the desk where his Lightsaber laid in separated segments. A design to ensure that no one would realise what they were unless he told them. But he needed to put it together, fix it together and embrace a side of himself he had once rather forget.

Reaching out with the Force, Cedwyn closed his eyes and constructed the Lightsaber in his mind, using the Force. Feeling the weight and sizes of the different pieces as he slotted them together and placed the violet Kyber crystal back into its place. Reaching forward, he grabbed the Lightsaber in his hand. Feeling the handwrap fabric that was the hilt, Cedwyn held a firm grip and ignited the blade, the glow of the violet light cause him to open his eyes, it was time and he was ready.

-------------
Wearing his red leather jacket and simple shirt with combat trousers and boots, Cedwyn looked around to see who else was here. He carried his Lightsaber on his left hip, his one blaster pistol holstered on his right hip and the other strapped to his left thigh. The Echani vibrosword was sheathed to his back. He made sure to arrive well armed, unsure what would happen or what was expected here so he prepped for anything and everything. Looking around, Cedwyn was curious who else would make their presence known and support this Madclaw in the new goal of an Order that stood against what the Jedi and Sith warred about.

The communication through telepathy was slightly unnerving but welcomed since Cedwyn was never able to understand the native tongue of the Wookiees. The speech was sure, which was appreciated, Cedwyn applauded loudly in support. Time to move forward, time to show the Jedi and the Sith that their ways were not the only way to be.

The Madclaw The Madclaw

The Madclaw The Madclaw | Cedwyn Blaidd Cedwyn Blaidd

Shai didn't know much about the Force.

But he knew it was in him. He knew it in the little moments; when he pushed his body too far, when he reacted faster than his mind set out to, when he felt the danger come breaths before it arrived.

It was instinct and Shai had been satisfied with keeping it to that. What was the alternative? Becoming a Jedi? Unlikely. Besides the things they taught were not useful to him. The Sith? Oh, feth no. Shai wasn't particularly interested in being tortured to feth and back just to unlock some power. He loved himself too much to go through that.

Madclaw didn't seem to be either however. Just a colleague (an eccentric one) of the same organization.

He didn't share Cedwyn's enthusiasm as he stood and waited for the lesson to begin. The mental intrusion was uncomfortable. But presumably necessary, because Wookieees had a hard time with Galactic Basic. "I don't care much about their tyranny, Madclaw." Shai finally said after the applause had subsided.

"Movements have come and go to end it before. One kills the other, years later the other rises again and the killing starts again. I don't care about their family squabbles. Teach us about power so we can best support the Black Sun's needs."

Shai shrugged there.

"Anything else is immaterial."

"Power? What kind? The one that breaks, or the one that bends?"

One clapped, the other doubted.

The former an Echani, who he would have nothing more to teach in the martial arts save ferocity. Proud eyes and proud hearted. They prized their forms and knew them well, but what did they know of the pounding-heart-terror when bones aches and breath came ragged, but the foe came on - kill or be killed, with tooth and nail. Yes, that he might teach. The desperation of survival. Some fought, some fled, others would give in. Which was he?

Madclaw's gaze turned to the latter, a Mirialan - green and tattooed and hungry. An eel with a barbed tail. While the other man's type might fill skyscrappers, this man's filled the prisons. Madclaw knew the sort. Keep an eel full and it would not strike. But leave it hungry...

"I am Grozkalla, called Madclaw by many, Silverback by others. What do they call you?

VVVDHjr.png

She had spent so much time working alone and now she was here kinda doing the opposite, tolerating the mindspeak of a Wookiee - no discomfort involved - and caring just as much about the squabbles of those that claimed the guidance of the light, and those that claimed the dark at their beck and call, as the Mirialan. Sure, she could jive with the Sith to an extent - feth, she had been trained by one - but supposed force gods in flesh, zealous cults, and indiscriminate ideological bloodshed weren't the kind of tea she was drinking. That went for both groups.

Nekana slipped one eye open from where she'd was propped up one of the bulkheads, ostensibly dozing, opting to answer the posed question, first, "Bend or break?" She droned, then let out a one-note laugh, "Same thing, the way I see it. The difference is pressure," she informed, pushing off of the surface and slipping a brief glance at the Mirialan, then the Echani, "and the needs of the situation."

She raked one pink hand through her purple mane.

"Or what you want out of it." She turned to the Wookiee, and went on introducing herself, "most people that know or have heard the name 'Mirage' have never met me," she informed, giving her often clandestine moniker, "or they have met me, and are unaware that 'Nekana' and 'Mirage' are one and the same."

She gave a small smile, and shrugged.

"Or something in between."

Magnus watched in masked amusement, sitting to one side in a simple chair that had been left there for whatever reason. His lone eye flickered between those gathered, especially the silverback Wookiee that stood in the centre.

He had encountered their kind in the past, many times. All very furry and strong, full of strength and lacking in grace.

But Magnus would never say that to a Wookiee’s face. Questionably insane he might be, but he wasn’t an idiot.

He’d already lost one arm.

The subject of this meeting was what grabbed Magnus’ interest. An aim to tear down the current establishment, uproot and eradicate both Jedi and Sith. History dictated that if only one fell, the other would rise, only to fall themselves when the former returned from the shadows.

Much as Shai voiced himself.

To Magnus, the whole thing was just dreadfully boring. What the galaxy needed was for both to fall, and plunge it into a delightful chaos.

He watched as everyone introduced themselves, and a smile formed beneath the assassin’s mask.

They call me the Bloodied Virtuoso.” He began, standing up from his chair to give a little flourish and bow. A second later he sat back down into a lounged manner. “But you may call me, Magnus.

While Cedwyn had remained silent after Madclaw had said their piece, others spoke out with questions or statements. It was curious to see how others viewed this opportunity and the desires of what they had in terms of the outcomes. The group was a Mirialan, a Zeltron he figured from the skin tone and hair colour as well as another who hid behind a mask. Looking to the Mirialan as he spoke, he seemed focused on ensuring that this Order was built tied to only being there to support the Black Suns, which made sense. It was the connecting factor for all those who were here but Cedwyn thought this could grow, expand and become something that stood outside the Black Suns, an Order that stood in the grey. Demonstrating that neither the Sith nor the Jedi were correct. However, for now, Cedwyn had to accept his thinking was ambitious or threatening to the organisation that they were all coming from. Something to address at perhaps a much later date.

Next to speak was the Zeltron, when she looked at Cedwyn, he gave a wink with a smirk etched on his lips. Her name was Nekana, though she introduced herself initially with the moniker Mirage, it was something that Cedwyn had never thought of doing. The risk of a copycat taking his credit or claiming credits under his moniker was unacceptable in his mind so he just stuck with his name and did not hide behind a mask. It was a risk since people could put out hits on him constantly and there was great difficulties in hiding his identity at that point then. However, he never fretted about bounties, only the idea of losing credits. Speaking of masks though, Cedwyn turned and noticed the man in the mask, another voice introducing themselves as Magnus.

"Well, if we are introducing ourselves. I am Cedwyn. I got experience with both the Jedi and Sith training, found both to be lacking and severely underpaid." A chuckle escaping his lips. "I am sure that this will be more my speed and at least some income to help line our pockets." He stood tall, looking around at the others, curious as to what they were made of and where their skills might lay.

The Madclaw The Madclaw | Shai the Jaded Shai the Jaded | Nekana Quane Nekana Quane | Magnus Magnus

The Madclaw The Madclaw | Nekana Quane Nekana Quane | Magnus Magnus | Cedwyn Blaidd Cedwyn Blaidd

The Mawclaw spoke of power, giving them a choice, but the Zeltron wasn't interested in opting for one when both would do just fine.

This bemused Shai. Already their little gang was pushing at the seams of perceived dogma. Nothing wrong with some good old fashion dogma. It could strengthen a group from the get-go. Give them all a sense of belonging. Something told Shai this was not something that appealed the participants of this meeting.

"Shai." He finally said after the others introduced themselves. "-the Jaded. On account of my shiny disposition and most likely the color of skin."

He waved his hand.

"Tell us, Madclaw, what have you done in life that makes you the expert to teach us?"

It was often dangerous to taunt Wookiees. They were known to rip off arms just for being looked at wrongly. But Shai couldn't help himself. He enjoyed to poke and prod at people. To see how they ticked and what they would do when you tried to bend them.

A snort. A twisting of the lips to reveal fangs. A settling of the brow above eyes that promised death.

"What have I done. You all must wonder that."

He looked down at a hand, held it out in front of him, watched the claws flex forward, then retract.

"Centuries ago, I was exiled from my home for taking my vengeance with the tools I was given at birth. Between now and then I have had many names. Known many friends. Felled many foes. I was once a Sith. Many times a prisoner of the Republic, then the Alliance, then the Imperials. I have seen empires rise and fall. Watched great warriors fade into nothing or turn their backs on everything they believed. I kept to the shadows, biding my time, serving my sentences. But I grow weary of waiting."

He looked at each of them in turn.

"How many have you killed? How many friends have you seen die? How long have you spent seething in your hate in one prison or another?"

The massive ash-furred wookiee rolled a shoulder.

"I have lived. That is what makes me the expert."

Shai the Jaded Shai the Jaded Nekana Quane Nekana Quane Magnus Magnus Cedwyn Blaidd Cedwyn Blaidd

"Well, not all of us have been afforded the luxury of living centuries so spending any time in a prison seems a waste of a shorter lifespan like mine." Cedwyn was attempting to ease the tension from the anger felt through the Madclaw, who seemed to wish to teach in a similar manner to the Sith. Fear, domination, anger and savagery. Cedwyn believed in a different path personally.

Looking at the others. He shrugged, "as I said, I have been taught by the Jedi. Spent over 13 years training under an Echani Jedi Master. Meaning I have honed my skills in combat very well. I spent further 10 years tortured and trained by Sith, pushing my body to the edge, learning to kill and survive against gruelling odds." Cedwyn paused then turned to Madclaw, "we have all learned to live through hardships to survive."

"Experience is one quality that can make a leader and a teacher, there are other traits that one must demonstrate in order for this to work." This was no jab or attempt to make his own move to lead, instead simple communication to ensure that everyone got on the same page. "If anyone wishes to learn to fight the way I do, then I can teach that. My skills in the Force are adequate and growing but perhaps Madclaw would be a better teacher for that?"

Cedwyn nodded to the Wookiee hoping what he said was acceptable and wanted.

The Madclaw The Madclaw | Shai the Jaded Shai the Jaded | Nekana Quane Nekana Quane | Magnus Magnus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom