Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order of the Grey Faction Ad, Q/A

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
The Order of the Grey

ChromeHomeTextless.jpg
“A force power is not inherently evil, it is at the price of your intentions that breeds evil and corruption. I do not speak of dark side corruption, but of the corruption of your mind a soul, the corruption that alters a person beyond recognition and that creates an utter monster… Both the path of Ashla and the path of Boga… you see.

Even those like Darth Bane, creator of the Sith as it was during the fall of the republic and his rule of two was not Evil… but those like The Emperor of Old, of the Great War, was truly evil. And the Lightside is not incapable of Evil either, many Jedi can be brought to mind, those who may be chosen as exalted Paragons or mass murderers on a planetary scale.

That is what I bring all you here to learn, what I and the other teachers here hope to achieve… balance and knowledge, not the Light side or the Dark side, but rather both and neither. What I hope from this order is not for us to become strong, but for the students of this order to understand true freedom, without oppression or the need to become stronger in order to live… Do you accept this freedom?”

- The Path of the Order, Year 837 ABY

What Are We?
The Order of the Grey holds no territory, influences no one, and restricts no knowledge. It is not a powerhouse like the Jedi, but not a hidden entity like the Jensaari. It is not one of the Warriors, nor one of purely Scholars. It is, for all intents and purposes, Grey.

We are a small order, one that is built on freedom and letting people do as they wish, their reach and power nominal and their influence on governments nonexistent. You see, the Order is not something that is looking to become a major faction, as far as I understand from the members and the joiners, and we do not wish to alter the course of the Galaxy. In fact, the freedom to support and condemn anyone and everyone are given to the members, penalties never given for supporting and even going to help defend a government.

This is not solely the only thing, though, as the Order also seeks not to be peacekeepers, but rather a balance in the galaxy for the radical stretches of Light, Dark, and even their own Grey. You see, they are not, WE are not something that is here to be a group to say that the path of light and dark are wrong. The Character leading the order is even a light side as it is but in no way restricts others from following a darker path as long as they do not become corrupted by that darkness in such a way it causes them to lose themselves.

Mandates of the Order
No place is without its rules, and for the first time these rules will be posted as the increase in members and the recent move of location has allowed for several necessary rules.

1. You will kill no one on the grounds of the temple, Else you will be tried by the order and delivered to the appropriate holding area. Killing someone on the grounds of the Temple will brand you an enemy of the order and you will be hunted for doing such, while we are not peacekeepers or warriors like the Jedi and the Sith, we will protect those on the grounds and honor them.

2. You will Not use the Order as an Asylum. We are not something that a criminal or murderer can simply run to in order to escape their crimes, you see if you have committed a crime and are putting the lives of the order or any guests of the order in danger. You will be dealt with, sufficiently matching that of your crime and then you will be delivered to the government hunting you.

3. You Will not use the Order to spy upon other factions. This is -EXTREMELY- important especially considering the fact that the order has little to no security or military force. The actions of one who puts the order and its members in jeapordy, will be judged with extreme prejudice. Any member or guest caught using the order to spy on the factions will be dealt with and delivered to the said faction as a spy.

Now, I apologize for the rather dark tone of the mandates so far, thought I should get the main no no’s out of the way so that we don't have anyone thinking about trying to put the Order in Danger. Onto the interesting parts.

1. Freedom: As pointed out in the passages above, the order is a place where someone is free to learn whatever it is they wish to. And with the inclusion of a Light Side nexus garden, your choice of light or dark is not limited at all (Though, of course, the Former is easier). We encourage everyone to take part and enjoy their time, spread their philosophies and understand what shapes your actions and your very being, we are a doorway to your true and unhindered potential.

2. No political ties: We are completely neutral in all political nature, and as such that means that using the Order of Grey's name in any situation that would equate to the control of laws is against the order's mandates. As such, if you help a side in a war, or even just clean up some crime. Please refrain from using the order of the grey as a whole in this venture.
With all of that said, please, ask all the questions you need to. I am happy to accommodate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom