Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order in a Hive of Scum and Villainy; Imperial Dominion of the Tatooine Hex

Imperial Storyteller

I
1tp1yH2.png

DISPATCH FROM IMPERIAL HIGH COMMAND
CODE CLEARANCE: ALL LEVELS
Terrorism struck at the heart of our mighty Galactic Empire on its throneworld of Kamino, unidentified assailants planted and set off multiple explosives in the Imperial Citadel during the meeting of every Moff in the sector including council-head, Grand Moff Tanomas Graf, who has fortunately survived when so many others did not. The head of government has been relocated to the secure Scarif security complex at the behest of His Majesty.

BY ORDER OF THE EMPEROR: ALL CREWMEN OF THE 52ND IMPERIAL FLEET AND ALL SOLDIERS OF THE 375TH STORMTROOPER LEGION ARE TO REPORT TO SCARIF TO BE PLACED UNDER THE COMMAND OF VICE ADMIRAL GROMM CARDAN AND DIRECTOR TRAVIS CAALGEN RESPECTIVELY.

[member="Ahbi Zulu"] | [member="Alexandra Feanor"] | [member="Alkar Morgoth"] | [member="Amadeus Tarkin"] | [member="Aram Kalast"] | [member="Aston Jacobs"] | [member="Aut-X"] | [member="Azalus"] | [member="Baron Morcus"] | [member="Bonde We"] | [member="Bruce Aar"] | [member="Cavris Lyran"] | [member="Cicero Tiro"] | [member="Corin Zanith"] | [member="Darren Jarok"] | [member="Darth Doom"] | [member="Darth Makike"] | [member="Darth Malleus"] | [member="Dash Slater"] | [member="Desmond C'artyom"] | [member="Donny Hex"] | [member="Dr Dorfheim"] | [member="Draven Darkstar"] | [member="DreadFate"] | [member="Edric Vanyan"] | [member="Elder Maxion"] | [member="Erica Yeager"] | [member="Frevik Margos"] | [member="Gida Freetaa"] | [member="Grigori Tarasov"] | [member="Hans Vaiden"] | [member="Honos Strakh"] | [member="Jack Mirrikh"] | [member="Jacky Duzzle"] | [member="Jaegis Volasses"] | [member="Jastor Husk"] | [member="Jay Jarok"] | [member="jbsdog"] | [member="Jerun opress"] | [member="Jez Palabor"] | [member="Joran Greth"] | [member="Kaira Ignis"] | [member="Kayrce"] | [member="Lady Agony"] | [member="Lasky Rynn"] | [member="Lora Onone"] | [member="Max Fel"] | [member="Miko Cherkil"] | [member="MW-3168"] | [member="NT-6922"] | [member="Ostdern Mastogar"] | [member="profile101"] | [member="Qubarash"] | [member="Ronen Jerik"] | [member="Sai Fel"] | [member="Sanya Val Swift"] | [member="Sathona"] | [member="Saul Darama"] | [member="Sergius Maro"] | [member="Summer Sovereign"] | [member="Talyn Krane"] | [member="Thanom"] | [member="Theodosia Naphrite"] | [member="Thetan"] | [member="Thom Betna"] | [member="Thurman"] | [member="TK-4259"] | [member="TT-837767"] | [member="Vesphira So'Kil"] | [member="Victor Adraas"] | [member="Viru Lentus"] | [member="Visser Chernykh"] | [member="Vrapir Detta"] | [member="Wilhelm Rehm"] | [member="Will Sherman"] | [member="Zesiro"] | [member="Marcus Alvarax"] | [member="Dominic Crowley"] | [member="Alema Valla"] | [member="Sara Lee Jones"] | [member="Saera Willamina Savan"]​

I am a son of the Mountain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj_wyw6Xrq4
{1}
Starship: The Wicked Queen
Time: 07:54

"Make sure all of the Starfighter's are fully fueled and ready to go, not before we get there, not once we've arrive, now!" Dominic ordered his squadron, glancing over the fuel lines in the bay of The Wicked Queen.

"Yes sir!" Radar responded, moving to see that all of the fuel lines were connected and ready to begin fueling.

The pilot's of Phantom Squadron were preparing to venture out on yet another sector patrol mission when orders had come from High Command to return to the fleet. At first thought the orders were well received and a break from a horrid detail that the Flight was not looking forward to, but once the news behind the recall had been divulged it was a completely different atmosphere.

"Lucky, we're looking at a rapid deployment, get on the comm with Command and find out if we're connecting with the rest of our Squadron or staying as a Flight. Let's go!" He clapped his hands to emphasize the urgency needed behind her movements. Once Lucky was off to the cockpit Dominic turned to Sara, holding his datapad out to her. He had yet to divulge the full briefing to the team, not wishing to waste the time, but as his second in command Sara had a right to see the news. "Read this, pipsqueak."

[member="Sara Lee Jones"]

HIGH MOFF THURMAN
I

There was something dark within the Imperial Capitol. Not the bellowing smoke that poured still from the senate structures in the political district, nor the nondescript shuttles that patrolled the airspace like birds of prey waiting to strike. It was more of the mental darkness that had fallen across the rain covered world since the heart of Imperialism had been hit by the racking explosion of terrorism.

Thurman had caught himself on the gleaming black desk that had sat behind him when he had heard the news, a deep breath had been released and he straightened his posture as the messenger, a two Novatroopers Thurman noted, raised an eyebrow at the High Moff’s seemingly weakened state. “How is this possible, the Rebellion it was quashed.” No, Destroyed. Utterly removed from the shores of Scariff by Thurman’s own actions not to mention the swift axe to the neck that was the recent victory on Bothawui.

“Investigations are still ongoing sir.” The officer, clad in his traditional greys dampened by the moisture outside spoke simply. “The Grand Moff has decreed that all are members of senate are to remain on lockdown for their own protection until further advisement.” Thurman made note of the two Novatroops who had moved to position as guards by the singular door of his office suite, a wave of frustration moved over him.

“I am not to be herded like one of the cattle. Have my shuttle prepared and ready for departure in the next ten minutes.” He moved around his desk without making eye contact with the young officer, complete and utter disregard to any authority the Grand Moff may have. “If security has indeed been breeched by these terrorists then I have no desire to remain on Kamino any longer then I have to, I was lucky my affairs extended over the starting of this mornings session as it were.”

The Officer refused to stand down. His face a cold, bitter determination towards the High Moff even as with his authority over him. “My orders come from the Grand Moff sir and by extension the Emperor himself.” He paused as Thurman’s red eyes gazed deep into him with an angered, yet calm stare. “You shall remain on lockdown until further instructions. Sir.” He saluted and turned on his heel leaving the echoes of his footsteps as he departed.

Thurman waited until the door fully sealed before taking a seat behind his desk, the aged leather creaking as he lowered into it. The rain outside lashed against the huge viewing screen of his office, a grand structure high in the residential quarter of the Imperial City, as expensive as they came and even more sought after by reputation. A hand traces along his chin, the smoke of the Imperial Senate blast still visible even through the storm, a tough situation to be sure.

“You look troubled.” A voice sounded from a holo that had just appeared on the desk causing Thurman to turn in his chair and stare at it.

“No.” He answered simply. “However, we need to talk…”

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
Location: Above Scarif, Aboard the Super Star Destroyer "Pellaeon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LJ-IJspbqY

The Grand Inquisitor had just arrived at Scarif several days ago aboard the Imperial Flagship "Pellaeon" with the entirety of Death Squadron for routine exercises when suddenly the call for troops had come in from Imperial High Command. Such an emboldened attack against the Imperial Government was almost unheard of. Who would dare threaten the security of our great Empire with such brutality? Morcus had resolved to deal with such a menace swiftly and decisively, however. Sat upon the command throne on the bridge of the Pellaeon, Morcus activated the large holo-communication device at the centre of the bridge in front of him, contacting Director Caalgen.

"Hello again, old friend. The Pellaeon and Death Squadron have heard the call to war. Such an attack on our government is unprecedented, not even the Inquisition or Imperial Intelligence foresaw this would occur. I wish to inquire what our next move will be? I've received little intelligence on who our culprits might be, save that the bombers were mercenaries hired by an anonymous source.", Morcus said curiously. He had hoped Caalgen would have a better idea the situation than himself.

[member="Thurman"]
[member="Dominic Crowley"]
[member="Travis Caalgen"]

Travis Caalgen

T
osn8yEe.png
S C A R I F
8 5 0 A B Y

The INV Silencer, the first Conqueror-class Star Destroyer ever constructed and Director Travis Caalgen's flagship, soared gracefully close above the world-enveloping deflector shield that made the beautiful planet of Scarif nigh-impenetrable from both infiltration and planetary bombardment. Under the gargantuan shadow of the Admonitor-class Super Star Destroyer INV Pellaeon, the measly ship looked like an ant in comparison, but even then the Silencer's own power rivaled that of the Pellaeon's.

The Director strode onto the bridge of his vessel, the white duster attached to his shoulders gently flowing behind the Imperial officer. Stopping in front of the bridge's viewports, the man turned away from them just in time to see the holoprojector light up with the powerful features of one Warlord of the Empire. "Hello again, old friend. The Pellaeon and Death Squadron have heard the call to war. Such an attack on our government is unprecedented, not even the Inquisition or Imperial Intelligence foresaw this would occur." [member="Baron Morcus"] began "I wish to inquire what our next move will be? I've received little intelligence on who our culprits might be, save that the bombers were mercenaries hired by an anonymous source."

Caalgen soaked the man's words in, opening his mouth to speak; "I'm afraid I know little more than you do, if not the same, my Lord. Emperor Kardal apparently wishes to keep this entire operation secretive." The Director spoke truthfully, crossing his arms in front of his chest, before leaning forward slightly "Between you and me. I wonder if the Emperor believes someone may have betrayed us, someone high enough to ochestrate this."

Aboard the starship "the wicked queen"

Sara had hooded it, being in the middle of a lunch she had left her food where it sat and started quickly for the hanger. She quickly got dressed and in suit before heading out

No sooner was she met with a data pad to her, she took it and started reading as she frowned then further frowned as she looked up, she was very displeased

a terrorist attack on the capital...this is not something I wish to see...when do we set off

She had been dying for work action as she popped her neck and looked at him

COMMANDER KAYRCE SONN
II

The Ravager was a Raider-III Class corvette, seek and grey and roomy enough at one hundred and fifty metres long to sustain a sizeable crew handpicked by Captain, No Admiral Aidross, there had been a promotion since Bothawui if she remembered correctly. For now there were only two; a pilot Hillion Nerick, and copilot, Kela Marrio. Both seemed professional and beyond in ability then the normal assigned crew of the Imperial Navy, which for Kayrce as well as Admiral Aidross put the ship in good hands. The rest of the crew slots were currently taken up by the newly reformed Inferno Squad themselves.

The Admiral had summoned them, all four of them, to the newly redesigned briefing room onboard the Ravager. A summons that the four young officers had all followed to a tee and arrived for before the scheduled time, Kayrce was firmly aware of Aidross’ mantra for he had stated it many times in the early days when he had been her father’s aid no Rothana. “If you are early you are on time and if you are on time you are already late.” A solid reasoning from an Imperial Naval Officer and one that Inferno would take with them.

Kayrce was garbed in her TIE flight suit, nothing out of the normal for her as her days were spent either in the onboard gym, researching in the databanks or working on some piece of flying equipment. Today had been part of the latter. Her curious glance moved across the way to where Gylon Beric was stood, one of her closest friends. No, Imperial’s don’t have friends she reminded herself as she took in his stocky form, only allies. Gylon was to be her closest ally then, a dear connection that had only strengthened after Bothawui. He was busy engaging in conversation with another stocky, yet taller human, one of the new recruits to the team that Aidross had mentioned coming aboard after the bombshell that Inferno was getting discarded. Discarded and rebuilt from the ground up apparently, they had been the near exact words that had been said to Kayrce the moment they had docked the shuttle from Bothawui, it had been the last she had heard about it until four days ago when they were all mysteriously transferred aboard the Ravager by officers clad in black.

“You can all sit.” Aidross entered the room and each of the four, the last being a female close to Kayrce’s own age with sheer white hair, took their seats and looked expectedly at the Admiral. It had already gone beyond the formalities most would be used too, Kayrce feeling the appreciation of being offered, or rather ordered to sit rather then stand.

Aidross’ eyes scanned the group before him and his lip gave a slight twitch that was the closest any would see him to a smile, an obvious sense of pride deep inside his cold, steel like Imperial stamped chest. “How is the arm Commander Sonn?” His piercing blue stare focused uncomfortably onto Kayrce’s left shoulder which had been broken during her mission on Bothawui and fortunately healed thanks to the Imperial’s advanced medical systems.

“All healed sir.” She responded, ignoring the quick rush of warm she felt to her face. Aidross had been a strong voice of support for Inferno’s future when the disband order came through, however of Commander Sonn personally she had no idea on his thoughts. She hoped that due to his allowance of handpicking the team and her being present gave her hope that he was at least slightly appreciative of her skill.

The sentimental moment finished with Aidross merely addressing the entire gathering. “If you would all please direct your attention to the holoprojector at the centre of the table.”

The entire team went rigid and some gave a selective gasp.

“Today the centre of Imperial rule, our home and absolute symbol of authority was attacked.” Aidross gave explanation to the image that was currently being shown to the members around the table. “Our Emperor was targeted and the reason you have been brought here should already be very, very clear…”

{2}

"I don't know. Our orders are to rendevous with the Fleet at Scarif. I'm guessing we're preparing to deploy somewhere but I don't know where." He admitted.

"Sir, the fuel lines are secure and all our fighters are topped off." Radar called out, his eyes running over the information on a datapad in his hands. "We're fully mission capable." He said.

When Lucky came back from the cockpit Dominic turned to her with open ears. "What's the word?" He asked.

"Commander says link up and hold tight, we may be taking the Queen to our objective instead of linking up with the fleet but it doesn't sound like he knows." She reported.

There was something about the fog before a battle that could be even more deadly than a fog of war. Never the less he nodded at her words, crossing his arms over his chest. "Ok, listen up you two. The reason we're moving into a rapid dep is because of a terrorist attack reported on Kamino."

"Holy hell." Lucky exclaimed. "Who has the manpower to hit us there?! I thought we dealt with the Rebels on Bothawui."

Radar stepped in, his words taking the room's attention. "It's possible we didn't get them all. Rebs are like bugs, crush two and another two pop up somewhere else."

"Listen up. Whatever we're doing it's important and it could be for the sake of the Empire. We will perform at top performance am I understood?" Radar and Lucky let out a unified, "Yes sir." Before moving off to their own fighter hatches, checking their connection with the predators attached below. Dominic turne to the cockpit, realizing it was nearly time.

As his ship shot out of hyperspace over Scarif he let out a soft exhale. The planet below looked so peaceful, even with the gathering fleet that hovered above.

[member="Sara Lee Jones"] @Kayrce [member="Travis Caalgen"] [member="Baron Morcus"][member="Thurman"]

The wicked queen

She shook her head, not knowing wasn't good, she turned as she heard radar and have a smile. Full tanks and hopefully loads of ammunition

Next she listened to lucky as she frowned even mirr, she rubbed her chin shaking her head, all of this not knowing gave a air of unease to Sara...she preferred to at least know a little bit. She looked to dom as he spoke to them briefing them as she then looked around at the fighters and gave a smile

She moved to her cock pit as she looked down into it, she hopped in to simply sit and look over everything...getting her mindset going

{1}​
Objective: Establish Long Lasting Order​

The Empire prized order and efficiency above most things. And this was on clear display on Bothawui. Alema had returned to the planet following a brief vacation on scenic Scarif. Her nights were tormented by visions of the violence that had engulfed the planet, the fault of the rebels who had dug in their heels with callous disregard for the innocent lives they jeopardized by doing so. She had returned in hopes that if she was a part of the planet’s restoration, rather than only contributing to its subjugation, she would be able to sleep at ease. Her presence on the planet eased her night time visions, but only just. She blamed the rebels.

The Bothan capital had been reduced to rubble. Fortunately, the Empire was existing to ease the suffering of its mostly recently acquired citizens. Huge tents housing countless rows of bacta tanks had been set up to help heal the most critically injured. Elsewhere, Imperial engineers were busy reconstructing vital bridges, allowing supplies to come into the city by land in addition to from the half dozen Star Destroyers that still hovered above, blocking out the sun and embracing all the city in a dark, but comforting, embrace.

One thing the Empire had neglected, initially, was education. It had been the first crusade undertaken by the young Twi’lek upon her return to the planet- after several discussions with the occupation administrator, the funds had been set aside and tents had been put up to house the Bothan children. She had personally led a small squad of troopers around the ruinous streets of the capital, identifying and collecting local educators and inviting them to take up teaching again. It came with nicer housing than refugees were otherwise entitled to. The result, scores upon scores of classrooms had opened up in the city of millions, all beneath the gray tents of the Empire. Certain subjects were off limits for the time being- politics, history, things that the Imperial educators would need to review and offer guidance on before it was reincorporated back into the curriculum. All in all, the planet was back on its way towards civilization.

Of course, she hadn’t been sent here by the Inquisition to ensure that roads were built. She had been sent to hunt down the remaining rebel sympathizers. In fact, she had been tasked with dispatching the most dangerous of rebels- those who assisted, not with the blaster, but with the credit. During the liberation of Bothawui, the Empire had stumbled across Spynet, and in doing so, had sudden access to wealth of information. Some of the information pointed to local politicians and businessmen who had supported the rebellion through less direct, but just as deadly, means. They had funded their weapons procurement, they had granted them political legitimacy, and they had given them the means to turn youthful idealism into lethally misguided passion. They had to be stopped.

And it was that driving principal that brought her to this part of the city. It was in one of the suburbs, where the Star Destroyers had not concentrated their fire. Some of the buildings were even left standing, including the skyscraper that was her destination. Alema hated to move in an armored column, it made her so unapproachable. Besides, there were plenty of troopers in the area, moving in patrols around the streets, constantly appearing in groups of four or six. Occasionally, a walker would come pushing its way through the rubble, escorted by a dozen boys in white. Of course, she also had her saber, so there was that. Still, when handling missions like this, one could never be exactly certain what kind of situation they were walking into and so she had brought backup. One trooper who kept pace at her side. They were climbing up yet another flight of the seemingly endless stairs when she sensed something in it.

“What is it?” Her senses weren’t tuned sufficiently, it seemed like a mixture of apprehension and disappointment. “Is it about the Lieutenant? I assure you, she’ll be fine.”

“Captain.”

“Right. Captain.” She had been making that mistake a lot. Troopers took ranks so seriously. When the trooper didn’t volunteer to go any further she took a guess, “are you thinking about all the lives lost? It was a terrible struggle, I know.” She sighed herself, turning another flight of stairs. “I’ve been having dreams in the night, terrible dreams about the invasion. I can’t imagine what it must be like for you. I don’t see combat like that very often, but for you… you live it.” She turned and looked into the dark visor where his eyes were, though she couldn’t see them, “everything you did on the ground was necessary for the Empire, friend. Remember that when those dreams come. I wish it had been different to.”

“It’s not that,” he said with a sigh, Alema came a little closer, “I just wish…”

“Yes?”

“That you would have let me bring my flame thrower.”

“Sierra Four!” She groaned in frustration as the man stepped around her. She stomped up next to him, exasperated but amuse, “you didn’t need your flame thrower. You’d burn the whole building down.”

“Sounds like a good time to me,” he said gruffly without breaking his stride.

“Sounds like a good time to me,” she said back in a mockingly whiney tone, making a face at him as she shook her head, her annoyance obvious. Still, she couldn’t stay mad at him very long. She’d taken a liking to the man during her time on the planet. He wasn’t the kind of person she might have naturally been inclined to seek out for friendship, but his simple nature had appealed to her. “Come on, it’s just up here,” she said as she pushed through a door and entered a hall way. Sierra Four probably wasn’t the best of the squad to take with her for this kind of mission, but she enjoyed his company and it had been a long trip to the outskirts given the destroyed surface. “Remember, we’re here to serve an arrest, not shoot a suspect.” She waited a few seconds as they approached a door. “Remember?” She asked again trying to force some kind of verbal communication. He grunted at her. Good enough. With a sigh she opened the door.

Inside was a large office, a desk and several plush chairs. There was also a large window that had been broken out, the wind from outside came rushing through the opening and chilled Alema as she stood. Just in front of the window was an older Bothan woman. She was dressed in the fine robes of the self-made aristocracy, and, despite her precarious standing, seemed noble and dignified. As if she had been expecting them. Sierra Four immediately raised his blaster and leveled it at her, daring her to try and reach for a weapon.

“A blaster is hardly the best way to compel a woman pondering suicide,” she responded simply, her voice filled with condescension of a level that only the opulently wealthy could muster. The opulently wealthy or your average Imperial naval officer that is. “You’ve made quite the show of arresting the other members of our little gang,” she said directed at Alema, “you’ve been quite the busy little Inquisitor. But I’ve decided I will not share the fate of my associates. I will not endure yoru Emperor’s scorn.” She glanced down at the far drop beneath her. “For the Rebellion, for the Dream!” She declared the words with finality as she moved to jump… only to find her foot yanked out from under her as Alema summoned the Force to stop her. The woman tumbled, unceremoniously, to the floor and gave out a quiet yell as the Twi’lek yanked her away from the window and before them.

“Nice speech,” Sierra Four chuckled as he restrained the woman.

“Katoth Nan’dimu,” Alema asked knowingly as the woman was hauled up, clearly disheveled, “on the authority of the Imperial Inquisition, I’m placing you under arrest.” Sierra Four, more disciplined now that they had a prisoner, moved forward, forcing the woman to walk in front of him.

Just another day in service to the Empire, and by extension, the galaxy.

POST I

"Captain Natassia Traxen on the field. Report."
An Imperial Engineer looked up from his schematics, his irritation changing into awe, and a slight terror as he saw before him a figure whom made him reel back. It was a stormtrooper; but one of the most imposing he had ever seen! Her helmet and armor showed crimson tribal painting, fangs and claws hung all around, and a red mane fixated to the back of the helmet, giving it a dangerously noble tone. To him, the person standing before him looked more like a savage monster in armor than anything else; and yet, he quickly verified the records, gulping. Indeed, there was a Captain Natassia Traxen listed as wounded in action from her efforts on Bothawui - which was made obvious as he realized her left arm was entirely mechanical, its hand balled into a fist.
"Captain", he said cautiously, going for a salute for good measure. "I thought - surely you understand, the records listed you as recovering fro-"
In no mood to wait, the stromtrooper slammed her mechanical fist down onto the table upon which his blueprints laid, nearly shattering it. "I don't have time for this", she said in a groan. "Where. is. my. squad."

Moments later, she was out once more, looking down at her map display with contempt. All around her, Bothawui was being rebuilt; and it hardly felt like a victory at all, at least to her. Sierra Two's death reminded her of her identity; who she was, before the long sleep in the bowels of a dying vessel. Her planet, although of minor importance, had its own culture and tradition. And the tribes in the desert, although savage and bloodthirsty, were part of the heritage she wanted to reclaim. This was why she dressed her armor up this way; why she slowly radicalized herself, entombed herself into zealousness, trying to give in more and more into her helmet, her mask of war. Those tribals kept themselves in check thanks to an ancient technique; their ritualistic masks served as their "war face", aspects of their violent and bloodthirsty nature. That way, once they would take it off, their enemies vanquished, they could be loving husbands and wives, gentle parents, helpful craftsmen and brave pilots. The death of Sierra Two was unacceptable. She would make sure she'd never make such a mistake again.

And so she slowly approached her hands toward her helmet, reluctantly unlocking it and taking it off. As soon as it was off of her, the fresh air hit her face pleasantly. Attaching it to her belt magnetically, she shuddered, feeling the aggressiveness and alertness slowly fade away. She was calm once more... and terribly lonely.
Sitting down at a ruined hab block, she notified her presence to the scattered squad members, offering to rally on her location. Leaning back with a sigh, she looked up at the sky, her blonde hair forming an elegant backdrop that contrasted deeply with her dirty, customized armor. "I miss you", she said simply, as she remembered the last thing she saw before she blacked out, back in the assault on the control room.
"I hope you're proud of me", she continued, ignoring why she spoke to nobody in particular. Already she could feel the needs, the fears of her normal self settling in. She desperately knew that she needed comfort, but her next leave would be some time away now, and hopefully, it'd be a world where nobody would know about her. Just her, some booze, and a random girl at a bar. A melancholic smile settled onto her face, and she closed her eyes, enjoying the cool shadow cast over the city.

{2}

The captured Bothan was mostly quiet on the trip back, disappointed that her plan had proven folly, embarrassed at just how badly it had gone, and fearful at what being a prisoner of the Inquisition would mean for her. They couldn’t afford to just take a leisurely stroll back to the main occupation facility with a prisoner- too high a risk of her escaping or otherwise causing a problem. Instead, they had called for a shuttle and were being carried swiftly back to their destination. She was surprised, most of the other Bothans she had arrested had all tried to reach some kind of agreement with her. Most had tried to bribe her, others had tried to convince her to take pity on them, one had attempted to convince her of his innocence. None of it had worked. Alema wasn’t tasked with extracting information from them, or even to decide if they were guilty or innocent. She was just to find them, arrest them, and bring them in. She was only an Initiate, after all. Leave the real work to the real Inquisitors. Her thoughts were pulled away from her memories as Sierra Four’s armor made a small noise.

“Is your helmet singing to you again?” She still didn’t understand how, exactly, all that armor worked. It seemed that their helmets carried all the information they could need and were simply loaded with equipment and technology which enabled the average trooper to face any threat and defeat any opponent. But, honestly, they didn’t seem big enough for all that techno-nonsense to be inside of them. The wonders of modern technology.

“Just a location alert,” he responded- he seemed to take special pleasure in speaking in short concise sentences whenever he knew that she would want more information. She waited for a few seconds but he seemed content to complete the ride in silence.

“Well go on, what’s it about?” She leaned forward, eager to hear the details. She had grown a little bored on the flight back. At first, the arrestees had annoyed her with their bribes and stories, but with this stoic, silent woman, she had grown a little bored. “Oh, come on, tell me!” She pushed him a little to compel him and he chuckled.

“It’s the Captain,” she leaned forward a little more. She liked the woman well enough, always a source of inspiration or entertainment, depending on what the situation called for. “She’s letting us know where she is, is all.”

“Oh, are you going to go see her?”

“Probably not, I have to get this chick booked,” he said and nodded his head towards the captive.

“Well maybe I’ll go pay her a visit. Seems like it could get lonely, sitting around in a med-tent all day. Having doctors and mechanics poking around where your arm used to be.”

“I’m all for whatever gets you out of my hair.”

“And here I thought you had singed it all off.” She smiled, confident that she had, in fact, delivered a good jab. It wasn’t in her nature to have verbal sparring matches, or to trade insults casually, though it seemed like it was second nature to the troopers. She was still trying to assimilate into their warrior culture, and trading insults was a good introductory step. Unfortunately, Sierra Four didn’t seem fazed, just chuckled and shrugged. She sighed. She’d get better at it.

When they finally landed, Sierra Four left to take the arrestee to the local detention center and inform the Inquisitor on duty who she was and why she had been brought in. Meanwhile, Alema made her way across the base towards where the Captain had been staying. Peeking her head in to the tent she spotted the woman, though she didn’t recognize her without the helmet immediately.

“Wow, no helmet? Someone’s having a relaxing day,” she said jokingly as she approached. She sat down not far from the woman and smiled at her, it was odd how a life-threatening situation could bond two people together, she leaned forward- her voice was a little more serious now, but not so much so as to ruin her generally upbeat mood, “how are you doing, Captain?”

Imperial Storyteller

I
lambda-header.jpg
III

The Lambda-class shuttlecraft would seemingly appear out of nothingness when it reverted into realspace near Scarif. Black-uniformed crewmen, six in all, occupied the cockpit of the ship; making certain that it operated at peak efficiency. Sitting at her station beside the pilots, the communications officer opened a channel with the Imperial flagship "Pellaeon, this is the INV Covenant. Requesting permission to land, beginning transmission of command codes now." She informed, pressing down on several switches as she spoke.

In the hangar of the massive star dreadnought, several Imperial Navy troopers fiddled about with their respective terminals. "Covenant, you are cleared to proceed. Commencing deactivation of the magnetic field." A male trooper stated, a lump forming in his throat as he read the command codes over and over again. Deciding that his best course of action was to inform the bridge, the trooper did so, transferring the request to land as well as said codes directly to the crew stationed there.

"M-my Lord?" A senior technician began, anxiety apparent in his eyes and fear in his voice as he turned to face Grand Inquisitor [member="Baron Morcus"]. The technician raised his datapad, showing the Sith Knight the command codes sent to him from the hangar bay. Anyone who was part of the command chain would recognize them as the codes utilized by only two people, and as one of them was current incapacitated on the planet below them, it could only mean...

"The Emperor is coming here."

[member="Kayrce"] | [member="Dominic Crowley"] | [member="Sara Lee Jones"] | [member="

{3}
Objective: Dock with The Pallaeon

Dominic remained in the cockpit, looking over the terminal before finally he was hailed by The Pellaeon. "INV Queen, this is The Pellaeon, you are ordered to dock in hangar seven, transmit your codes now."

As soon as the pilot heard the orders he exhaled. "About time you find somewhere for us to be." He muttered, beginning to submit the codes into the system. It was not long until he saw a green light flash over the screen before him. "Alright Phantom, get ready to get some leg time!" He called back to the passenger bay as he flew the shuttle towards The Pellaeon.

There was a subtle beep coming along his terminal as he neared the hangar. He turned his head to see a shuttle come out of hyperspace on the other side of the Pallaeon. Out of a base curiosity Dominic tried to run the ship's signals through the Imperial database. "We got someone special coming?" He muttered.

ACCESS DENIED

As the words scrolled across the screen Dominic looked back to the ship, arching a brow at the curios shuttle. "Must be someone pretty important to block us out." He said.

Paying the shuttle no mind Dominic's shuttle docked into one of the auxiliary hangars, the shuttle he flew attached itself to the ceiling, to allow the fighters below the room needed to be detached. After powering down the shuttle he pulled his comm device into his ear before turning back to the passenger area. "Ok, let's get moving!" He ordered.

Post II

Her moment of peace lasted for a few more minutes, until someone came to find her. Her eyes shot open as she heard the words, her smile instantly vanishing. Reality came back like a hammer down on on the stormtrooper Captain, and she had to bite back tears who threatened to well up in her eyes. Without the war face, her helmet, dealing with things was far more difficult. Going back up to a standing position, she tried to go for a salute hurriedly, only for her robotic arm to execute the movement poorly. Sighing, she looked down at it, opening and closing her hand.
"I guess I'm alright, considering I should've died in that building", she said without much enthusiasm, looking everywhere but at the Inquisitor. "Thank you."

"You can call me Natassia", she said after a moment of silence, finally turning toward the Twi'lek, her gaze lingering on her face, taking in her alien form, her gaze more piercing than she intended for it to be. "Thanks," she finally uttered in a thankfully steady voice. Although she managed to maintain a facade, she was still noticeably different than on the field. Weaker, in a sense. And despite the fact that Alema striked her as sympathic person, she knew that she'd notice it, and she knew what some people thought of weakness in the Empire. Of sentimentality and regrets.

But she was thankful to have the Inquisitor here, in a way. Despite the moment of peace she experienced, she knew she'd get back to mourning her dead past, and close herself in a bastion of sorrow as she usually did when off-duty. At least the other woman brought some solace in company... and, although she was thankful for that, she still felt the absence of the rest of her squad. Shrugging it off, she moved her robotic arm around, wincing. "It's weird", she said hesitantly. This wasn't what she had on her mind; in fact, she was scared. When she saw she lost her arm, she was deeply terrified. The surgeons assured her they could replace it; but she was far too traumatized to even think of what such an operation would even be. And so she had played some favors, so that the engineer who oversaw the type of mechanical arm she would be provided with would be combat-designed. Like it or not, she knew she would be using this over anything organic for a while; and the gain in pure strength would sure help her in close quarters.

{2}​
Objective: Calming Down Nat​

[SIZE=9pt]The Stormtrooper was unaccustomed to interacting with force users it seemed, the woman’s anxiety, her grief, her regret, it all slammed into Alema like a wave as soon as she had spoken to the Captain. It reminded her of her own storm of emotions, though she was better at controlling them than the Captain it seemed. Though she hadn’t been when she first began her training. Back then she’d been a broken little girl eager for power. Now she was more stable, even if she still had a long way to go. Her own smile faded as the trooper offered her a salute, and she closed the distance between them quickly, placing one hand on the woman’s shoulder and the other on her hand, pushing it gently to encourage her to drop the salute. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“Please,” [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]she said softly, her amber eyes seemed soft as she peered into the deep green of the Captain’s. [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“There’s no need for such formality,”[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] she stepped back from the woman, a profound empathy present in her eyes. The mention of the control room clouded her eyes for only a moment, [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“Yes. I’m so sorry about that,” [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]her voice was gentle, a twinge of regret present. [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“I’ve never been especially strong with the Force. A better Inquisitor would have been able to contain that blast...”[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] her words trailed off as she shook her head, [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“you were doing good work down there. Without your leadership, we wouldn’t have ever made it out of there. But,” [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]she offered a sad smile, [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“I guess the Empire knows that too, judging by your new rank, Captain.” [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]She smiled more genuinely when told to use her first name. As much as she admired the Empire, it was not always a great place to form strong bonds. Even being on a first name basis was progress. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“Thank you, Natassia.”[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] The name rolled off her tongue, her accent having some difficulty with the pronunciation, she was surprised by the intensity of the gaze but sensed no hostility from the woman. She could sense the fragility, and she could observe it just as easily. She offered her hand to the woman to take and spoke quietly, [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“I mean it, your service back there was commendable, and I’m honored to served alongside you. I look forward to continuing to do so- though maybe we’ll give you some time to recover first,” [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]she said trying to reassure the woman. She wanted to make it clear that she viewed her as an individual, a sentient being, not just one more uniformed helmet in the masses. [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“And please, call me Alema. It seems the title ‘Inquisitor’ can make people uncomfortable. That’s never my goal.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Alema examined the robotic mechanism for a moment, and nodded in agreement. [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“They should have given you a medal to go along with your metal,”[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] she said with just the hint of humor. [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“You know, it’s getting harder and harder to make your way in this galaxy without ending up with a mechanical something or rather it seems. At least you have a heroic story behind your new arm. Back when I was first starting my training, I nearly cut my hand off every time I turned on my saber,”[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] she said with a laugh. She sighed, “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]you couldn’t believe how many times my arm, leg, gut was saved because my master had lightening quick reflexes. Can you imagine how bad of a story that would have made?”[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] She hoped her effort to lighten the mode wasn’t too transparent, but if it was successful then even transparency was fine by her. [/SIZE]

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
Location: Above Scarif, Aboard the Super Star Destroyer "Pellaeon"

"Excellent. The Emperor will be much safer here aboard the flagship of the Empire than in the palace, at least for the duration of this emergency. I shall greet him personally. Assemble the troops in parade formation in the main hangar bay, immediately.", Morcus said in a calm tone of voice as he arose from the command throne of the Pellaeon, taking his leave from the bridge with a pair of Imperial Shadow Guardsman in tow. An entire regiment of troops had quickly gathered in the hangar by the time Morcus had arrived, just as the Emperor's shuttle touched down within the hangar bay.

Morcus stood up straight, hands clasped behind his back intelligently as he and a cadre of military officers stood there patiently. With a metallic hissing and grinding noise, the landing ramp of the Emperor's shuttle slowly lowered down. A procession of the Emperor's Royal Guardsmen moved down the ramp, taking up positions at both sides of it near the bottom. And soon enough, the Emperor himself strode down it, Morcus and those gathered around quickly kneeling respectfully. "I bid you welcome to the Pellaeon, my liege....", he said in a polite tone of voice, head lowered in reverence.

[member="Alema Valla"]
[member="NT-6922"]
[member="Imperial Storyteller"]
[member="Kayrce"]
[member="Travis Caalgen"]
[member="Thurman"]

COMMANDER KAYRCE SONN
III

There had been no real suspicion of what the holoprojector had held, yet now they were all focused upon it watching in silence, stone-still. The image turned into a run footage of the situation, a seemingly normal day on Kamino; dark, hard rain lashing against an otherwise pristine society. A flash of light erupted across the frame and half the senate building disappeared in a chaotic moment of selfish action.

From the corner of her eye she registered the reactions of her team. Shock and troubled eyes proved that it wasn’t just Kayrce who was feeling the pain in the pit of her stomach, knowing that her flesh would have turned a shade paler. A fact that was ignored completely by the Admiral.

“As you can imagine we are already working on plans for retaliation for this attack on every level open to us. Already in the hours following the attack motions have been put into place from the most grand to the very intimate. It will be the latter where you four fall into place. After Inferno was dissolved following Bothawui I requested a full refit of the squadron, and I have been given authorisation to proceed.” There was a smirk that came across Aidross’ face as he gave each of them a look in-turn. This was something big for him, a personal milestone in his own career and Inferno was the tool that had got him here. “The contribution that one small team can make when it comprises the best of the best is, not considered as powerful as a Naval battle fleet or a entire Stormtrooper division. However those are the things our enemy will be expecting, they will struggle to guard against a small unit full of individual accomplishments and skills. Which, after evaluation has led to this moment and you four sat before me. The finest the Empire can field.”

The admiral had began to pace around the table, almost predatorily so, as if each of those he spoke to were an easy prey simply awaiting his choice to strike out and claim them. His eyes moved across the group taking each of them in turn before settling on the taller male that had been speaking to Beric when they had first entered the room. Kayrce didn’t know his name but it wasn’t long until the introduction was made. “Rhun Trask. A soldier of the Empire if we ever saw one. You’ve worked your way through the ranks, stormtrooper, captain and then finally TIE pilot under my command up until Hypori. You have received several commendations for your time in the Galactic Empire and the Remnant before that, we also have made notifications on previous incarnations of our rule for which you have served. Commanders have been quick to make notations of talents throughout your fields of expertise.” Aidross gave another smirk. “I had to break a few friendships to get you aboard.”

Trask did not remark towards the admiral, he shifted ever so slightly in his seat but the soldier-turned TIE-pilot merely nodded in acknowledgement at the praise, which Kayrce, having served with Aidross for an extended period knew was a rare achievement.

“Briana Soren.” The other woman to the left of Kayrce was Aidross’ continuation. Her stature straightening as her name was mentioned. “A recent transfer, gifted with talents across her career choice from photoreceptive memory to profile chameleosis. Top of her class in the academy and fully adapted to our cause.”

“Yes sir.” Brian responded in a surprisingly sweetened voice that only amplified the mystery about her.

“You have just completed your second year within the Death Trooper program under the directive of Director Kalast and Caalgen, a program that recently saw yourself and the other remnants of Inferno cross paths on Bothawui.” Kayrce couldn’t help but look over towards the white haired woman with a touch of confusion and respect. She and Beric owed their lives to the unit of Deathtroopers that had come to extract them from the spewing grounds of rebellion filth, if this Briana was half as good as any one of those black clad warriors she would be a fine asset to the team in any situation.

Turning ontowards Beric their was a look of almost fatherly pride across the admiral’s face. It was due naturally, Beric had served Aidross for as long as he had been in the Imperial forces, even before the admiral was in a commanding position. Yet their relationship had always and would always be that of a father and son, with the trait of never being related which made it naturally more demanding on each other. “Gylon Beric. Highest honors at the academy and receiver of the Medal of Valor during the Hypori situation.” She glanced towards Beric who had gone a slight shade redder around the cheeks. It was a simple acknowledgement to his skill set, but enough to get the message across.

“Finally we have Kayrce Sonn. Top of her grade, held the highest scores for kills in multiple engagements across the last several years and as of today officially your commanding officer.” Kayrce was happy the admiral had not gone on a list of reasons like he had with the others, and she gave a small nod to each in turn, making her introduction complete.

“Your mission will be to serve the Empire by recovering sensitive information, artefacts or individuals that could prove a threat or harmful towards our ways. Naturally you will also be tasked with cleanup operations should the event prove itself beyond the capabilities of other branches within our faction. Is this understood.”

“Yes sir.”

“Understood sir.”

“We start your mission today. In the wake of this bombing, which has proven how unprepared we were for such an attack, I am calling upon the four of you to follow the information we have and track down those responsible from within. Our Empire may be able to crush any foe, but individuals will slip through the cracks and it will be your task to catch them as they do.” The Admiral stood with a defiant look on his face. “Inferno Squad consider this your deployment order.”

Imperial Storyteller

I
EP6_ILM_84.jpg
[THEME]

The Emperor's shuttlecraft would've flown into one of the larger docking bays of the Pellaeon, setting down gently on the polished, black durasteel floor. Waiting patiently, the shuttle would sit idly as a couple thousand stormtroopers, the best shock troopers in the Imperial Army, assembled. Each of them, each servant of the Empire, stood out in their own way; be it from the way they stood or by the personalized customization of their armor. Blues, blacks, reds, and purples contrasted against white armor, a symbol of a unified and free Empire, a true Empire.

At last, the landing ramp of the shuttle lowered with a resounding hiss before the anxiousness began to fill the room. Black-cloaked guardsmen appeared from out of the passenger bay, their red-and-black masks signifying their status as Imperial sovereign protectors, the elite cadre of the already-skilled Imperial Guard, even more powerful than the Grand Inquisitor's own shadow guards. These six sentinels lined up on either side of the ramp, facing inwards towards the receiving group; [member="Baron Morcus"] and projected holograms of Director Caalgen and Vice Admiral Cardan.

Succeeding his guards, Emperor Kardal marched importantly down into the hangar bay, for once a serious look replacing the face of the often-kind man. "You may dispense with the pleasantries, Warlord Morcus. Once again, my friends, the Empire is thrust into war by the open-rebellion of those who wish to defy our rule." He stated matter-of-factly, motioning for the Inquisitor's entourage to rise "I am not here to be treated like a trophy to sit on a shelf, I am here to lead my people."

[member="Kayrce"] | [member="NT-6922"] | [member="Alema Valla"] | [member="Zesiro"] | [member="Dominic Crowley"] | [member="Sara Lee Jones"]

{4}
Objective: Await Further Orders
Allies: [member="Anya Loma"] [member="Baron Morcus"]

There was a loud siren that rang through Dominic's hangar, his eyes shot up to the ceiling as he yelled up to the notification. "Oh, what now?!" Just as he was about to comment on the amount of frustration the alert was causing a group of pilot's ran through the hangar, with no short amount of urgency. "What the- hey!" He called out to one of the Flight Officer's.

"What's the deal? Are we deploying?" He asked, cradling his flight helmet in his arms as he looked to the man.

The pilot shook his head before pointing to the adjacent hangar. "Assembly sir, all pilots are called to formation." He said, before turning back to his group. Dominic cursed softly underneath his breath before pulling his flight helmet back on. "Put your buckets back on Phantom, we have formation." He called out to his squadron, leading the way to the main hangar.

"Another freaking assembly? Damn, I thought we were going to war, not a briefing." Lucky called out, agitation prominent in her voice.

"Come on Lucky they aren't that bad." Radar said, pulling his own helmet over his head.

Dominic had to admit, he did not care for assemblies much either. As they turned into the docking bay his eyes fell over the shuttle that they had seen while in space, something in his gut telling him this was not good. "Fall in Squadron." He commanded, quietly. The four pilots took their places with the rest of the flight officer's, standing at attention as they waited to receive their guest.

It was not until Dominic's eyes fell on the black and red robes of the Imperial Guard's most honorable detail that his jaw dropped, ever to subtly. "The Emperor." He muttered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom