Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORCtoberfest -Trash Manda Edition

Ok... Did I miss something where the murdering savages who tried to kill us all are suddenly cool and we are signing a non-agression pact with them? Seriously? I saw nothing on this, and that's a big enough of a thing I'd think the Faction body would get some sort of say in it, given how things ran in the past.

[member="Sanya Val Swift"]

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="Julius Sedaire"]

I'll put this here too. The diplomacy for the nap isn't 100% set in stone and could go either way. My intention is it to be free flow and they don't know our demands just yet, same as we don't know theirs. Also a vote was up last week asking what people wanted to do and social + diplomacy eon the vote... Taking that us over at the admin team thought it would be cool to make it an orctoberfest so others had something to do and have fun while talks went down for both sides.

If you have anything you want added or even add into the talks I'm 100% on board.... Honestly your post gave a very fast interesting turn of events so it'll be interesting how my post will turn out.

As for communicating things I'll take your complaint and try to do better. The next time we do a faction thread / event I will make sure all the information is ready a week prior.

[member="Sanya Val Swift"] - Were you even elected, since you use the phrasing you did? Or just given a nod by Bryce? I know I saw the nod by Bryce, but nothing else.

Frankly, if you weren't elected as is Faction policy/tradition, then we need to deal with that before you go deciding Faction direction on your own, as it seems you have with this thread.

[member="Julius Sedaire"] [member="Sanya Val Swift"]

I do not know where you come off in trying to make Sanya to be some sort of Dictator. From the looks of it, she is creating content for ORC members to be part of. There is no Narrative to the Diplomacy part with the mandalorians. If folks have IC issues, such can be brought up through IC voices. Turn the diplomacy down, accept it. Its all story. But making unnecessary drama out of nothing is just foolish and a waste of time for all the writers involved.

[member="Julius Sedaire"]

I don’t see anywhere that [member="Sanya Val Swift"] said there was going to be a non agression pact. Could be a trade deal... The United States has plenty of those with hostile nations.

OOC that invasion was pretty salt free and fun. Can we keep the salt out of this one and leave it IC?

Right now you’re not painting the same picture that Andrew did when he nominated you for FO.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Holden Tark"] [member="Julius Sedaire"] [member="Logen Brunner"]

I'd prefer it if my real name is left off the board, thank you.

Furthermore I don't see salt here, I see someone being direct and blunt about a situation that frankly needs it. I am unsure if Tark was in the ORC chat, but I know Logen only joined once the Mand'alor was threatened to be detained, that means you are missing context while trying to belittle someone who does have full awareness of the situation.

Not a smart idea.

Social thread? That's cool content. Diplomacy? Needs a FO. Why? Because that determines the path of the faction moving forward.

ORC staff recognized this and dropped the diplomacy part yesterday.

So try an' get a full scope of the situation before throwing comments of salt around to weaken someone's reputation before you even know what's actually happening.

[member="Holden Tark"]

I, also, do not see any salt in this thread so let's not bring it by tossing in groundless accusations, please.

[member="Julius Sedaire"] brings up a good point, and so does [member="Daro Tarsi"]. The nature of the social thread is pretty good, so kudos to the whole staff team. Yet, as far as I remember, most members in chat seemed against the idea of diplomatic talks with the Mandalorian Empire, including me because I find it nonsensical for the ORC to seek any sort of friendlier terms with the raiders/pillagers of one of our planets.

I am rather surprised that poll turned out how it did and I would like to suggest that for the future the poll system of the board is used as it allows for maximum transparency and correctness.

[member="Holden Tark"] Would you mind editing out Daro Tarsi's real name from your post?

As for everything else, staff apologizes for jumping the gun on a delicate diplomatic matter. We're going to put a pin in things for now and be sure to communicate more effectively with our members going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom