Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions on lost stars

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
No spoilers please​
So today when I was out and about I decided to pick up a new book because it's been a while. As always my first priority is to find star wars in there. Like all shops they have a habit of moving everything around.

When I finally found the very small selection of star wars books scattered here and there I came across lost stars. A quick read of blurb had me drawn in. So I'm wanting to know before I lose my self in it. Who has read it and what do you think of it. Does it have those moments that left you speechless. The unexpected plot twist and most of all is there romance in there because I get that vibe. Seriously who doesn't enjoy a good romance. Especially like the ending of the revan book that makes me cry each time.

Lost Stars has been my favourite Star Wars book, personally. It's a goodie bag of references to the films and other media while building its own story around a new cast. We see the inner workings of the Empire, how Imperial propaganda handles things like the Clone Wars, the Rebel Alliance and Emperor Palpatine himself and we also see how the Empire can effect otherwise decent people working for it.
And yes, a well-written romance is one of the main elements of the story. The plot is driven by the characters and how they react to the changing galaxy so don't go in expecting a typical Jedi central adventure to defeat a villain or anything like that but if you want to see how the average people of the galaxy on both sides of the conflict fare in their everyday lives I'd strongly recommend it.
Won't spoil anything but, yes, some parts did leave me speechless...

I adore it as a book, I adore it because it has so much insight to the Imperial regime. It also focuses on two of the best characters I've ever seen in a book, confused by love and loyalty. Like, that's pretty much how it works IRL. I shed a few tears as the cast fought over everything and a friendship fell apart kind of.

Yes, read it, I recommend it a million times over.

[member="Sanya Val Swift"]

[member="Kami Meran"]
If you've never heard of it why did you bother to comment?

[member="Sanya Val Swift"]
Lost Stars is pretty good,it's my first new canon book that I've read,it can pull at the heartstrings a little,and maybe you'll see some familiar faces *Wink Wink* but as I said before,it's a pretty good read and I definitely recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom