Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ophion Mk. I Combat Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
db4a3044359b8525d1328bb70725e33a.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Vulcan Foundries
  • Affiliation: Aurora Industries, Closed-Market
  • Model: Ophion Mk. I Combat Armor
  • Modularity: Yes
    • Command Pauldrons
    • Jet/Jump Pack can be installed into backplate
    • Gauntlets and Boots are customizable/replaceable
  • Production: Minor-production
  • Material:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: Average
  • Resistances:
    • Energy/Plasma Weaponry: Very High
    • Kinetic Weaponry (Melee and Projectile): High
    • Lightsabers: Average
    • Sonic Weaponry: Low
    • Ion/EMP Weaponry: Average
    • Heat Protection: High
    • Cold Protection: Low
    • Corrosion Protection: Very Low
    • Disruptor Weaponry: Very Low

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Back carrying and charging slot for Aurora Industries Personnel Support Drones
  • Upgraded Helmet HUD including polarizing anti-flash faceplate, multi-spectrum scanner (infrared, x-ray, lifeform, radar, UV), environmental rebreather, and integrated macrobionocular (x20 magnification)
  • The armor carries several small atmosphere tanks to give soldiers two hours of their preferred breathable environment if they are deployed in an inhospitable combat situation
  • Belt contains energy sinks, combat deionizers, power cell and blaster gas cartridge pouches, grappling hook, medpac pouch
  • Integrated Personal Deflector Shield (lasts five minutes before cells need recharged)
STRENGTHS
  • The Ophion Mk.I offers a high degree of protection in regards to energy and kinetic weaponry, further augmented by the personal deflector shield integrated into the armor and the trilamnium weaving
  • Much like the original Aurora Trooper Armor, the Ophion Mk. I is designed to carry Personnel Support Drones developed by Aurora Industries, giving troopers a greater degree of versatility in combat scenarios
WEAKNESSES
  • Corrosive substances can severely damage the armor system, due in part to the weakness inherent in the trilamnium weaving
  • While the armor itself protects against ion weaponry and EMPs, such weaponry can short out the personal deflector shield and the support drone charging dock
  • Sonic weaponry has the potential to shatter armor plates easier due to the trilamnium weaving

DESCRIPTION

With the galaxy furthering descending into a state of war, along with increasing threats from new enemies, it was decided by Taeli Raaf and the rest of Aurora Industries upper staff that their security forces needed an upgrade. News reaching them from the Kesh system, along with the ever looming possibility of conflict coming to the Centrality where the company's headquarters was located, sped up the design and fabrication process from Vulcan Foundries, the armor smithing Aurora subsidiary.

The new armor, dubbed the Ophion Mk. I Combat Armor, borrowed heavily from the design philosophy of the armor worn by the soldiers of the Sith Empire, while integrating some of the previous Aurora armor's designs. Chief among these was the continued addition of a charging and carrying dock for personnel support drones, such as the aging Sparrow, for Aurora troopers to carry into combat and patrol situations. Another addition was the inclusion of the company's Trilamnium alloy to increase the armor's resistance to energy and kinetic weapons over the previous model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom