Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operation ORCmass - Dominion of hex M-52

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
ORCmass Special

QrUOoRC.gif

It was that time of year where the ORCmass special was upon us once again. Your probably thinking "Oh boy this will be lame." But sit back relax for the story to unfold. This is a new story to be told.

The lights white, green and red sparkled over head, all the little orc boy and little orc girls tucked tight in bed. Now as you hear this narrative you may think this is a heart warming tale, but face it those story's make us go pale. No no the night was young, the adults came out now let's have some fun.

Badly wrapped presents sat around the tree. They were probably expensive, what did you think giving is free? Patrons gathered around the fireplace keeping warm in this bar and it's time of grace. You'd not find one soul without a drink in hand. Even those that you've seen in that one cantina band. Now I'm just rambling thinking of words to say, how about we watch how this night will play.

----

The room was crowded with many unfamiliar faces. It was booming with life which surprised the feline woman as the place had only just been finished. It was heartwarming to see so many gathered in one place. The atmosphere was enough to make her smile yet she felt nervous. It was her first time celebrating life day with the orc family but not only them there was also [member="Ayhia Katar"] too. Sanya was in a sexy red outfit that made her feel slightly out her element but [member="Joza Perl"] Insisted she was to wear it.

The woman would walk up to the bar and dropped a large bag. "Drinks are on me tonight." She said the the bartender. "You sure hunni?" The woman said with a shocked look. Sanya gave a simple nod with a smile. The blonde haired woman would ring a golden bell a few times grabbing the attention of all. "LISTEN UP EVERYONE, DRINKS FOR TONIGHT HAVE BEEN COVERED BY THIS LADY!" The woman shouted out loud.

Objectives.
1. Join in the festive gathering at Caupona bar and inn Space station.
2. have fun and do what you want all is welcome.

mistletoe is hung from every doorway be warned.

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
Objective: Answer people's questions about Dagobah
Music: Lunar Fields 2 (Rose Online)

After this sortie over Dagobah, she felt good to be in a social outing once again. In that sortie, she was able to cause some trouble to several Imperial units, and most importantly, she was part of the dive-bombing attack run that caused the Pellaeon to leave, alongside the final flight of the Incandescent Truth. From the very moment she knew she would be deployed to Dagobah, and commanding 11 squadrons of organic pilots there, she knew what the best investments were going to be: materials that were common in the manufacture of military hardware, such as durasteel, alusteel, quadranium, to name a few. And the hardware's manufacturers, too. And once again, she wore that black strapless dress many outside of the Navy have come to identify her with, alongside those black bracers; she wanted to have a look at the drinks menu. Hopefully this is not an invitation to drink as much as I possibly could, she thought, while she arrived with four other people: two pilots, the admiral she fought under on Dagobah and the commandant of the Dagobah Shipyards. The last one, a Mirialan padawan, constantly checked that she had her lightsaber holstered, while wearing the white dress uniform of Alliance officers, alongside her necklace, while Griet wore a purple dress and Wololo would rather wear clerical cloth. And, of course, Julie in her green Jedi robes. For what Janick knew, she expected people to come to them laden with questions pertaining to Dagobah, which allowed her to achieve the rank of captain among the starfighter corps:

"When you saw the Pellaeon enter the Dagobah system, how did you feel?" a Pandyn attendee asked the five veterans of Dagobah, which the Pandyn regarded as heroes.

"I was already knee-deep attempting to defend the shipyards from the Imperial boarding parties, and I wondered how much more the Imperials were going to muster to capture the shipyards" the commandant of the shipyards answered.

"At first, I was, like, poodoo, but then another Imperial admiral just defected before it was about to fire, when the Incandescent Truth, badly damaged by this point, rammed the SSD at full power. I had to accept the defection, and then I had to fight two separate enemies: the enemy rearguard and the Pellaeon" Julie answered.

"I had to go in, full throttle, and I saw in it my chance to do what I could to fight those Imps" Griet responded.

"As for me, I knew that only an act of daring would get the Pellaeon to retreat; by hitting close to where the Incandescent Truth was destroyed, I thought that maybe I could sever the ship in two; if that didn't kill the SSD, it would force it to retreat, but I knew that, to minimize losses, I had to stay out, well above the ship's plane, and dive-bomb"

"I prayed that Janick's plan would work, knowing that the window of opportunity to achieve that was very small" Wololo finished.

Vaudin Miir

Planetary President of Iktotch
The Iktotchi head of state probably should have been home doing things that helped his people but he had his commlink on at all times and according to the prophets at home he had another week before he would be needed. What did that mean? It meant he was behind the bar of a Coalition party giving some time and energy back to some of the best people in the galaxy.

He spun a bottle around his head and grabbed another and spun it around before he upended both into a glass and added a mixer for one of the guest. If there was anyone who knew booze, sex, or blasters better than Vaudin Miir they were probably lying.

He slipped out of his tuxedo jacket and tossed it on a hook as he walked back to take another order. He made another drink and a lot of small talk as he showed off his bottle spinning tricks before he turned up the music a little. He wanted desperately to get good and drunk but until he was off he was sticking to carbonated sweet drinks of dubious flavors.

[member="Sanya Val Swift"] [member="Janick Beauchamp"]

The men and women of the First Order Stormtrooper Corps are the finest soldiers known to man. Trained from birth, they are a dedicated fighting force of precision professionals capable of delivering lethal, decisive, and strategic effects to the enemy at the time and place of the Supreme Leader's choosing. These are their stories...

72 HOURS EARLIER
THE PLANET HOTH
#FIRSTORDERBESTORDER

"THE DROP ZONE IS APPROXIMATELY SIXTY CLICKS FROM FIREBASE VEERS!"

The young stormtrooper was sitting in the back of a shuttle. A perfectly good shuttle. A shuttle with working engines. A shuttle that was in low orbit of a frozen hellhole. And he was about to jump out of a perfectly good shuttle. Because reasons.

Phantom pain shot up his arm.

It was like there was an itch there. It was bizarre. He felt like he had an itch. It was right on the backside of his hand. Except the object moving as he flexed and relaxed his arm in some frustration wasn't his arm. The cybernetic prosthesis articulating back and forth as he exercised the servo joints in an attempt to get the phantom itch to go away.

All the while, Sergeant Onion Breath was proselytizing him with the good word of the Plan of the Day...

"YOU'LL RENDEZVOUS WITH BRAVO COMPANY AT THE TWELVE CLICK MARK ON YOUR MAP!"

Ignoring the phantom itch, the young corporal turned his attention to the map as it popped into his field of vision. The HUD inside the snowtrooper helmet responded to eye movement. Eyeball tracking allowed him to cycle through the visual displays with a blew rapid blinks.

A sixty kilometer march in wasn't something to sneeze at.

And he had a thirty-one kilometer free fall before he could even get started. A thirty-one kilometer descent into hell. A frozen hell.

No enlistment bonus was worth this chit.

3x744+bar.png
CAUPONA BAR & INN SPACE STATION
PRESENT DAY
#SHORELEAVE #ALLYOURKEGSAREBELONGTOUS
A sixty kilometer ruck march through Hoth was nerfchit.

Complete and utter nerfchit.

The cyborg teen was going to be de-frosting his servo joints for the next year. Unless his unit got deployed to Mustafar. And, after that nerfchit back on Hoth, Three would totally pack out and go to Mustafar. With the quickness.

This time, he'd been smart enough not to listen to Snakefist when they'd finally re-deployed back to Dosuum and received their liberty passes. He'd asked Chef instead. The Atrisian combat engineer knew about this place. A diner, drive-in, and dive out in the ass-end of nowhere.

The group of off-duty stormtroopers were spread around the interior of the place. Chef was at the bar, flirting with dudes who had absolutely no idea how in danger their lives were that they were hitting on a chick who thought home cooking meant recipes involving C-4. Snakefist was on a personal quest to get slapped by every female alien in the place (as per the norm).

Three was wedged between Doc and Clutch at a little round table-booth-corner thing that seemed like it was made for something the size of a Chadra-Fan or Ewok. But, the place seemed like it was a little crowded tonight. Some kind of holiday party deal.

"LISTEN UP EVERYONE, DRINKS FOR TONIGHT HAVE BEEN COVERED BY THIS LADY!"

That got everyone's attention.

Simultaneously, all the assembled members of Bravo Company's own Alcoholic Anonymous chapter raised a hand to signal the serving droid to bring another round. A Corellian ale was deposited in front of Three a minute or so later.

Free beer. Surely this was paradise.

...of course, after a sixty fething kilometer ruck march in the gorram snow anything could be paradise by comparison.

Rising up from the cramped table, the teen awkward shifted and shimmied his way out from between the wall and Clutch's large frame. All the while being careful not to spill a drop of that precious beer.

Making his way over toward the lady that the bartender had called out as the patron saint of free beer, the teen politely offered a, "Thank you" toward the stranger.

It seemed like the decent thing to do.

[member="Sanya Val Swift"]​

[member="Janick Beauchamp"]

"I got a question."

Jorus slid into a nearby chair, eyeing Janick and her associates. In singler days, he'd have paid considerably more attention to Griet in her backless plum lace-up. Couple decades of good marriage and a sense of propriety kept him on target.

"Couldn't make it to Dagobah in time. Heck of a fight, from what I heard." He lifted his can of virgin lum in a toast and popped the tab. Same toast went to [member="Sanya Val Swift"], who'd bought round, before his attention settled back on Janick and company. "Also heard you folks did well out there. So yeah, I've got a question: next time I tangle with the Empire, ship to ship, what'll I need to watch out for? What're their tactics like these days? Priorities?"

"There are two facets to your question: the capital ship aspect and the dogfighting aspect. For the capital ship aspect, I have to say that the Imperials often tend to brawl within standard turbolaser range, with limited use of long-range firepower and equally limited maneuverability. They often seemed reluctant to deploy fighters except maybe as a defensive screen, which leads to the dogfighting part. As for dogfighting, as usual with dark-sided factions, the Imperials tend to close in and want to confront enemy fighters at close range, and rely on maneuverability, fancy flying. Firing at the joints between radiator panels and cockpit bubbles will cut short their maneuverability, if they survive a hit at that place: the etheric rudders on those things are usually located on those joints"

And so [member="Jorus Merrill"] arrived too late, much like [member="Sanya Val Swift"] had, too. He had a question about Janick and how she went around fighting the Imperials over Dagobah; she didn't particularly feel that the Imps improved that much since Bothawui. Yes, she was well aware that the GA was the faction whose piloting culture placed the most emphasis on the ability to dogfight enemy elite pilots, just that, in a war of that nature, there had to be some pilots for anti-ship missions or CAS missions. The other four people Janick came with were people who got other questions asked about Dagobah or the Imperials. Yes, the Imperial rear guard on Dagobah used what the ORC codenamed SORCEs, but said SORCEs only allowed to vary the yield of the hardpoints. Thrust vectoring usually required moving parts, while the standard-issue Imperial fighter engines did not have any. However, she knew nearly every non-GE fighter engine had thrust vectoring, including the engines fitted to Hyena-Xs or her very own Alakaha. Just that perhaps Janick became a CVW commander based mostly on her ability to carry out anti-ship missions.

Hylo didn't get drunk on alcohol, instead sugar had that effect on his biology so he was polite and drank any drink offered to him that was chemically inoffensive to his species. Okay so maybe he had a sugary drink. It was only so he'd be less nervous. [member="Jorus Merrill"] I want to be with your daughter. No not carnally.... Hylo sighed as he went over the speech in his head again. He shouldn't be this intimidated, he knew Jorus and Jorus knew him. He'd even heard the man had been impressed that time the ship crashed and Hylo grew a tree... still Mara had been the hero that day. Gulping hard he noticed Jorus speaking to a lady. Jorus. I love your daughter and I want to be with her. I have a tower on coruscant.... No that wasn't good. No need to sound like a braggart. I have an apartment on coruscant, and am making ample money, not that Mara needs it so I can clearly take care of her... not that she needs it.

This might be harder than Hylo thought. A flower started to bloom in his hair. Don't interrupt. He's talking to someone. Its clearly important. But so was this! Hylo was near bursting with excitement and anxiety as he approached waiting patiently for a moment. But just a moment. Okay Hylo remember the pitch! he thought excitedly to himself. How hard could it be to ask someone for permission to marry their daughter. "I HAVE AN APARTMENT ON CORUSCANT." Hylo blurting out losing all volume control. Chlorophyll flushed into his face forcing him to blush green. His body was practically shaking as the flower on his head sagged a bit. Nervously he looked at Jorus. "Uh... Hi..." he said gulping hard staring around at all the people.

[member="Janick Beauchamp"] | [member="Vaudin Miir"] | [member="Sanya Val Swift"]

[member="Janick Beauchamp"] [member="Hylocereus"]

"Capship side makes sense to me; I can use that. Wouldn't be the first time a commander figured his fighters were only good for screens. Heck, I've been guilty of that myself." Jorus scratched at his short beard. "Static capital brawlers, eh. Yeah, I can work with that."

He didn't think it polite to mention that aiming for a specific spot on an enemy fighter was pretty much impossible. Laser cannons in a dogfight were the next best thing to spray-and-pray, especially against TIEs and their aggressive vector thrust.

Jorus blinked as Hylo blurted out something about an apartment. Had the Sylphe kid gotten into the dessert early? "Hi there, Hylo. Been a while."

Hylo's shoulders almost slumped when [member="Jorus Merrill"] acknowledged him, the flower on his head perking up a bit. Good, now recover. "Hi Jorus, Mr. Merrill, Sir." Hylo gulped hard. With a swell of bravery inside of him he stepped forward and took Jorus's hand vigorously shaking it. That's how men greeted each other. Damian has said so. "It is good to see you again," his voice was stiff with the emphasis placed on each word. "And not in a crashed ship. Not that I think you often crash ships, but its easier to talk to you know rather than then."

Taking a deep breath he looked at the man. "Do you know about Mara?" Of course he knew about Mara! That was his daughter! Stupid stupid stupid Hylo. "I mean Me and Mara?"

Yeah... this was going great.

Jorus hesitated, then nodded to Janick and turned to focus on Hylo. The kid seemed to have something on his mind. Understatement.

"I know you two were going out for a while, yeah. Haven't heard much on that front lately, but Mara's been busy." Flirting with the Dark Side and trying to run a private crusade against the Mandalorians, but 'busy' sounded better. On the plus side, if she and Hylo were still an item, the heir of Valkner couldn't help but be a positive influence. Jorus decided to lighten the mood the only way he knew how.

"Loosen up. You seem so... [member="Hylocereus"] ."

Hylo cocked his head as [member="Jorus Merrill"] said his name. "I..." he paused for a moment. "I seem like me?" His nose wrinkled as he considered the words carefully going over them in his head with what Mara had told him. "Is this some sort of test?" No! Hylo came to a realization. It was a Dad Joke! Mara had told them about them. They aren't funny but you should laugh politely. The flower on his head slumped and he laughed a little weakly. "Right though I should loosen up." Taking a deep breath he looked over at Jorus. "Your daughter. She... means a lot to me. I mean she's smart, and pretty and nice and just great. Edgar agrees. I don't think you've met Edgar, he'd a potted plant." Of course Hylo wouldn't mention that the potted plant was a sentient creature, it wouldn't even cross his mind to think that people wouldn't just assume that and instead think he was crazy. "And I just wanted your permission."

Getting on his knee, which was human custom, he then said, "I'd like permission to marry your daughter." There it was done. "I mean not tomorrow or anything, but eventually soon and for the rest of our lives."

[member="Hylocereus"]

<Don't laugh. Don't laugh. Don't lagh. Laugh and both Mara and Alna will teleport to this station and kill me.>

"I agree that my daughter's pretty great." Jorus set his can on the table and eyed the kneeling Sylphe. "I don't make a habit of making those decisions for my daughter, but let's talk. Get up, kid.

"Like I said, I already know she's something special, and I know she likes you. Cards on the table, between philanthropy and her crusades, she's pretty much broke, so I need to know what you're doing now, apart from holding down an apartment on Coruscant." His lips twitched. "Still living off kolcta royalties from Consolidated? Job, business?" Force, but it had been ages since Hylo and Jorus had collaborated. He'd always known Hylo was a bit older than Mara, though Sylphes didn't seem to mature as quickly. That had never seemed to bother Mara, according to Jorus' limited knowledge.

Hylo stood up nodding vigorously as Jorus spoke.. Good, good. He didn't laugh. That was a good sign. Normally when Hylo did things that were human people laughed at him. "Right, it's been awhile hasn't it?" Breathing out he let loose a dose of pheromones into the air sending calming waves. Damn. That wasn't the impression he wanted to make, some love sick boy who couldn't even control his foliage.

"Bacta is a good complimentary income..." Yeah that's impressive. "But mostly I own a tower on Coruscant. Vertical farming, but also a soup kitchen and refugee and homeless shelter. When I heard Mara was doing the Coruscant rebuild I jumped in to help. You should see it, there are plants everywhere, they call it the Green Tower." Hylo sighed. That wouldn't be enough. He had to prove he had more. Mara deserved more and her own father clearly knew her worth. He had to impress. "I'm also part owner, a few percents, in Chase Fashion. They make clothes and accessories." Okay maybe that wouldn't make a good impression. What if he thought Hylo hung around models all day? "But I don't hang around models all day," he said quickly. Damn. Now he will really think you do. "I really don't." Stop talking.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

[member="Hylocereus"]

"Well, I don't know about that. Sounds like you're a model citizen. Really putting down roots in the community."

Not for the first time tonight, Jorus wished he hadn't gone sober. Dealcoholized lum just didn't hit the spot in situations like this. On the plus side, at least the young man asking the question was someone he knew professionally.

"Sounds like you've got some practice at juggling responsibilities." White-collar responsibilities, but still. Hmm. Jorus stood up and shrugged into his nondescript coat. "Tell you what, Hylo. This station's nav beacon coordinators need a fixup before the next convoy comes into range. Give me a hand and I'll see what I can do about returning the favor. So to speak."

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

"That sounds great," he said a second flower blooming on his head. When he was out of sight he had to prune those. Guys weren't supposed to have flowers in their hands, but he couldn't help but bloom when he got excited. Hylo bopped excitedly after Jorus. "Male bonding?" he asked excited. "I don't have a father." Hylo paused, "Well I mean I do, but I never really knew him. When I was young it was just me and my mother." Another bad subject. Being the son of a Sith Lord wasn't the best thing to bring up to a Jedi Master despite his roguish status.

"You know I'm growing a flower that can communicate long range." Hylo nodded. That's what a nav beacon did right? Communicated coordinates. but thats still communication. "But you can't tap into it like a normal call. That makes it safer. Damian Starchaser, do you know him? He said it would be a great idea. I'm still working out the kinks though. He's a big fan of yours."

[member="Hylocereus"]

“This station is gonna have a serious impact on local shipping,” Jorus said over his shoulder. “There's a ton of nav beacons within a couple of parsecs in any direction. Gotta make sure they all stay synced with each other and the station, so we don't get convoys and patrol ships wandering off. Tweak the subspace comms gear and it'll use maybe maybe forty percent less processing power. Cuts down on lag, gives local communications more wiggle room.”

They came to a secondary comm node, a cramped room bursting with machinery and computers. Jorus’ toolbox day beside an open panel. Without ceremony, Jorus slid waist-deep into the guts of the nav coordinator.

“So how's my daughter these days? Toss me a number three hydrospanner, would ya?”

He'd been chewing over his reply for a while; now he slid out partially and met Hylo’s eyes.

“You don't need a good dad to grow into one, kid. I don't hold your mom against ya; nobody does. Always been clear that you're yer own man.” He chuckled and dug back into the panel. “Might not be for long if you start running around with Starchasers, though.”

Hylo started searching through the toolbox for a number three hydrospanner. He wasn't exactly sure what that was and looked underneath to see what Jorus was working on. Licking his lip he dipped back into the toolbox and saw what he saw a Hydrospanner, he knew what that one but this particular one had the wrong socket. Biting his lip he looked down at the device and pulled a seed out of his pocket growing an iron vine and manipulating its shape into the proper size before breaking it off and handing it to Jorus who emerged from underneath some equipment.

Did... did [member="Jorus Merrill"] just suggest he wanted Hylo to have Mara's children? HE said he might be a good dad. Was that even possible? Sacred Feth... "Your daughter is alright. We grew a little a part. We're together but she's off... well you know." His face flushed green. Jorus has always been so nice to him, and so was Mara. "I hitch hiked here because I wanted to ask your permission before asking her." He gulped hard considering for a moment. "I've been told its the proper thing."

Joza liked crowded places. She thrived on the energy of having so many people around. Rarely did she ever feel claustrophobic. Right now she was sitting at the bar, flanked by a group of pretty young Zeltrons. Why? Why the hell not. They were flirting with customers, getting free drinks and making use of mistletoe that seemed to hang in every door way.

However, Joza was busying herself with eavesdropping on the conversation between Jorus and some kid she’d never seen before—whoever he was, he seemed nervous. Also, he’d just asked for Merrill’s permission to have his daughter’s hand in marriage.

Oh man, would this make good Christmas gossip.

The Zeltron took a long sip of her drink and tried not to snort into it as Merrill unleashed an assault of deadly dad jokes, pun style.

Oh, that poor boy.

"Of course, while the conversation about urban farming and bio-engineering project is enriching to me, the radiator panels are exposed, and one usually has a much better chance at hitting the panels themselves than what held them together. Yes, I will acknowledge as much: using cannons in a dogfight is more akin to spray-and-pray than any really accurate method, whereas fighters can be used in anti-ship roles for precision strikes at capital ship systems, such as the port bow on the Pellaeon"

Even with shielded craft, she belatedly added that comment to [member="Jorus Merrill"] while realizing that [member="Hylocereus"] seemed to be talking about urban farming this entire time. She was rather unfamiliar with the topic; she would feel like she has almost nothing to contribute to a discussion on the subject. His knowledge of hydroponics far outstripped hers. Of course, the Mirialan padawan seems to be nervous, afraid even, of even mentioning how she managed to allow the loss of the main station of the Dagobah shipyards and, with it, all the planet's drydocks capable of servicing ships larger than 500m in either width or height. That was the bittersweet cost of that battle. Yes, Janick gave half of the effort that led the Pellaeon and ultimately the Imperial navy to retreat from the system, by virtue of leading a daring dive-bombing run into the port bow of the SSD, using seven of her eleven squadrons, just that, in her eyes, perhaps the short range of fighters and their low fuel reserves precluded any effective use of fighters by Imperial commanders in space combat, even if they were using shielded craft.

"Also I feel that the Empire made curious choices for ground assault: using heavy, non-repulsorlift vehicles such as AT-ATs on soggy terrain that cannot support them"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7TeYW9sIrk​
Bryce showed up to the party late but in a festive mood. Mostly finished bottle of Corellian Ale in hand and Layla on his arm. As he looked around a glaring reality came to him. [member="Joza Perl"] had taken some liberties when she informed him of the dress code. Believing it was a beach / cowboy themed party he had dress accordingly. Upon his legs were a red pair of chaps with a white fluffy fringe and a red banana hamack left to cover his remaining ample private zone. He wore no undershirt and a red trench coat also with matching white fringe. Upon his head was a ten gallon cowboy had with ten large silver bells on it about the brim.

"Merry Fething Life Day!" Bryce shouted as he came in, screw it, even if he was the brunt of a joke, he didn't care. He was here to have a good time and damn well planned on having one.

[member="Janick Beauchamp"] | [member="Joza Perl"] | [member="Hylocereus"] | [member="Jorus Merrill"] | [member="3X744"] | [member="Vaudin Miir"] | [member="Sanya Val Swift"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom