Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operation Furious Thunder

In_the_streets.jpg
Havoc Squad Rendezvous, Jagga II
0230 Local Time
Here he was again.

As usual, it was slightly drizzling. Jagga II was recently brought under Mandalorian rule, and he dodged out of the way out of a couple of rifle-wielding Mandalorians. He'd changed his appearance, so the more experienced soldiers wouldn't recognize him. His eyes danced around, and he ducked into the alley. [member="Kiyron"] had setup the place. The guy was smart and tactical, something that Kaiden admired. He'd come a long way from being the Wildcard that got sucked into Havoc Squad. Then again, he'd come along. He'd been the team medic at first- and now, he was the commander. Lan would probably tell him to keep going. Steph...Steph he didn't like to think about. Steph was a wound that he didn't like to open much. Kaiden bowed his head and lit up a cigarette. He tapped the ash twice, letting the red light at the end of his cancer stick light up the alleyway. The others should arrive soon. [member="Edward Blake"]. [member="Willa Isard"]. Then again, she could already be right beside him and he wouldn't ever know. [member="stardust"] was interested, and he sent out the call to her. Never knew with her. Much more of a wildcard than he would like to have in the team, but Havoc Squad wasn't made of the usuals.

Speaking of usuals, the new girl, @Erud'ryz'ladre was also going to hopefully show her pretty blue face. And whoever answered or figured out the encrypted message.

Stardust had put in for a place in the havoc squad, among doing other stuff she managed to get the call and location of the area. Packing up and getting in her fighter she took off for jagga II

Upon arriving she flew low and land , rain dotted her view port as she got out and threw a good up walking toward where her HUD was leading her, perks of being a ex super soldier, she looked dow a alley and looked around turnog into it, upon entering she ran into [member="Kaiden Rohn"]" excuse me"she would not know him as this would be their first meeting

Kiyron

K
Kiyron looked down at the alleyway entrance below as a man entered and lit a cigarette. Kaiden, by the build. Or someone who looked a lot like him. He paused and shifted his position as someone else entered and bumped into the man. He vaguely recognized her as @stardust. Either the man was definitely Kaiden or things were about to get very interesting. He was not in a mood to take down any Mandalorians. Not since they were allies, unlike back when they had almost gone to war with each other right before the emergence of the One Sith.

He slipped back away from the edge of the building and pulled his gear out from the trash pile on the roof to give it another once-over. Armor ready and coated in a camouflage pattern to meet probable demands of their environment. He had some paint to quickly reapply it for a different environment. This would not exactly be the most difficult mission they had faced, but no reason to treat it as any less serious. That was how mistakes happened and people got killed. Everything been given the once-over, he resumed his overwatch position, crouching in the shadows, noting everyone that approached the alley entrance and the nearby rooftops.

His announcement of his presence would come later, for those who remained unaware of him. A few at least should expect him to be nearby, watching for what might go on and ready to take care of threats usually within a kilometer or two, depending on their size. Sometimes they needed extra work.

Blake walked through the alleyways and the more grimy parts of Jagga II with his cloak on and hood up. Damn rain. It was hard keeping a cigar lit in this weather.

Eddie entered the meeting point, noting [member="Kiyron"] on the roof after his brief tactical analysis of the area. Spotting [member="Kaiden Rohn"] and [member="stardust"] , The Comedian dropped a large, waterproof duffel bag that had been disguised as a suitcase. This day was about to get interesting.

Eddie grinned at Rohn, distaste for the commando shown on his commander's face, lit by the cigar he smoked now as well. The Twi'lek looked lost. Blake moved towards them a bit and asked,

"Where is everyone?"

He had shown up exactly at the rendezvous time. Call it military precision, discipline, whatever. While waiting for an answer, the big guy produced a flask and took a sip for good health.

Ok, it was more of a chug again.

Alcoholism does that to you.

[member="Edward Blake"] was an nerf herder. Kaiden could already tell that. But maybe he could be combed. But he didn't like the dream."No more drinking on the job, Blake. As for everyone else, they'll be coming or they won't. Either way, we'll be getting the job done." [member="stardust"] spoke, but Kaiden just gave her a curt nod. She was unproven to him, and she had a lot more to demonstrate to him before he'd even consider acknowledging her as an equal. It wasn't mean, it was a reality that weeded out the weaklings. [member="Kiyron"] was maintaining overwatch. And there was no one better to do so. Kaiden checked his watch. They had about fifteen minutes before the target would be anywhere close to being near them. They were intercepting a parcel meant for him, and then going to straight for the lair of the beast. He grabbed Edward and began to walk in the street. He nudged Blake and moved on the other side of the street, hands in his pockets and eyes down. He was just another nobody, near some other nobody. Blake was bulky and stood out. Kaiden was more lean and aggressive, and blended in better. Blake got a few odd looks, Kaiden was just let through the crowd. But Blake would learn. He'd have to.

Kaiden looked up and locked his eyes on a man in a red jacket. He was carrying a manilla envelope, and Kaiden looked around. He saw two burly humanoids following him in a protective V-shape. The commander initially wanted to go and get him himself, but turned his attention towards Blake. He mouthed 'get that' to him. He turned towards a coffee stand and spoke quickly into the collar piece that let him speak to [member="Kiyron"]."I want eyes on the packageboy. If Blake screws up, could really mess our chances of going in silent."Kaiden said quickly and quietly, and smiled as he purchased a coffee. He motioned for [member="stardust"] to come over and talk to him while he waited for Blake to finish up whatever he was going to do. This was about as good as a test as any.

Meanwhile...

upper_tym_zhaos_penthouse_int_office_02_rsfrwb.jpg
Oh how he loathed meetings. But they were essential to maintaining a healthy business. And with the recent influx of the Mandalorians, the man was not too happy with his current situation. His lips wrapped around the rim of the whiskey glass, and he set down the iced glass. He clicked his teeth as he faced the many screens in front of the fireplace that faced his associates.

"Gentlemen...thank you for meeting with me on such short notice. I understand that many of you would like to expand your criminal enterprises, but have found it...very inopportune, given the recent Mandalorian incursion. And I do not think I need to warn you of tangling with those armored hooligans."He picked up his glass and took a sip, to buy himself more time to think. He wasn't good at impromptu speeches, but they were unhappy and worried."We'll just have to be a bit more discreet with our operations. We were nice and alone, and the authorities didn't really care. But, now, the Mandalorians wouldn't take kindly to a mass quantity of small arms being exported and imported. So, that being said. We'll have to focus on our respective legitimate businesses. Avoid gazing eyes. Don't turn coats, the Mandalorians won't give you much mercy either. Just lie low, and let the bucketheads do what they do. Stay out of their way, and they should be none the wiser to us."

He raised his glass in a mock toast, and the screens quickly clicked off in disconnections. They weren't ones for polite conversation. They weren't friends, and if the guns he supplied to them weren't in the hands of their thugs, he would probably be on their radar. He secured his own security by supplying everyone. And his wallet, more importantly. But that was about to change. He had a major game changer coming in an envelope- invoices to secure cargo space on official Mandalorian ships. Forged and stolen, but one crate could carry tens of thousands of credits worth of product every few days. He stepped over to the window, letting the rain patter against the window. He gave a bit of a chuckle. He was moving from small time to the big leagues. And no one even knew his real name. There was safety in anonymity. He dug his hands into his pockets, and checked the clock on the table. About fifteen minutes to go. Enough time to enjoy the morning news...

Back on the street...

The man in the red jacket and his two guards moved quickly and with purpose. [member="Edward Blake"] only had a few minutes to come up with a plan to secure the envelope and get rid of all three of them without causing an alarm.

Stardust turned quickly realizing her mistake"I'm sorry sir I didn't see your face"she said quickly and quietly as she followed him looking around, truly she felt embarrassed and didn't look good at all for her though would work hard to prove herself"

She saw him motion for her and followed close she'd stand out for her height as she stood by [member="Kaiden Rohn"]"in sorry for not noticing you....been awhile since I've been in a group such as this....I hope I can prove valuable to you"she said keeping her voice low and quiet as she looked around waiting for her orders

[member="Edward Blake"]
[member="Kiyron"]

Blane seemed to be a bit late, mroe itnentional however, he watched the people around for some time now, he saw Kaiden but only thought he MIGHT be the one he needs to meet, for some reason he did nothing, until he saw Stardust going in the same place, she either went there to meet some random guy on the street and do who know what either she was in the ahvoc squad too and that was his guys.

It didn't took long and when he saw them moving, he moved too closer and closer to them yet not close enough to be obvious, he knew after the way they were walking and blending that there had to be caution, with his weapons very well hidden and his ysalamari in his backpack which was well made to look like a some old thing, he seemed to have thought this well, he didn't want to mess everything up after all, the time spent with the rebels has helepd him learn a lot and sharpen his skills, wouldn't have been for Oddball, he would probably have not learn some important things about war.

[member="Edward Blake"] [member="Kaiden Rohn"] [member="Kiyron"] [member="stardust"]

"Do I look like a karkin' pickpocket to you?!"

Blake had hissed this ever so quietly to [member="Kaiden Rohn"] , who had just mouthed for him to get an envelope from a guy in a red jacket and his two goons. He was upset, but he shoved his emotions aside at the moment. He had a mission now.

And The Comedian never failed a mission.

Think, Blake, think. How could he get the package without causing a ruckus? He couldn't just attack them, as fun as that would be. There was a reason they entered covertly. Stealth was the only option here. Or subterfuge.

An idea popped in his head. It was plenty dark, and the streets were mostly empty. If he could lure them into one of the various alleyways...

Blake quickly advanced to the man in the red jacket, masking his body language of any aggressive intents. He walked alongside the courier, head down, hands in cloak pockets. This was the critical moment. The two burly men were already looking at him, about to act. Here went nothing.

"Hey, buddy...you wanna buy some deathsticks?"

The trio looked at Eddie, perplexed. Damn it. That was the best he had for the moment.

"Step aside," one of the guards said, and roughly shoved Blake aside. Or tried to, anyway. The guy was big, sure, but The Comedian was built like a linebacker.

Kark, kark, oh, blast it all to hell.

Blake took a grab at the guy in the red jacket, but instead of the envelope, went for his wallet. Ka-ching. A nerf leather credit clip came out and he ran to the alley rigjt next to them. Going for the envelope would've just gotten him fried. But a wallet? It was three against one, and the alley was a dead end. Of course they were going to chase him and rough him up.

"Get him," the guy in the red jacket said. Eddie ran into the alley, the three in pursuit. These guys looked semi-pro, so before they could realize the folly of their ways and send the packageman back to a less secluded area while the guards took care of the thief, Blake stopped suddenly and turned, unexpected. The two guards were in front, once barreling full speed, but now screeching to a halt. The Comedian threw both of his fists out and let momentum do most of the work. The big guys fell to the ground, out cold. The red mark had time to look on in fear and attempt to run, but Blake was on him, tackling the guy to the floor before throwing a vicious right hook into his temple, knocking him out as well.

Well, that wasn't too bad.

Eddie picked the envelope up off the cold, hard ground and produced a silenced pistol. Switching it to stun, Blake soundlessly shot each of the three once to put them out for the count for a while. He then concealed the pistol again and likewise put the envelope in his cloak, exiting the alleyway.

Blake made his way back to the coffee stand, next to his Commander. Hopefully that didn't cause too much of a fuss. It was pretty improvised, but it worked a hell of a lot better than he thought it would.

"Got it, chuba-face. Next time, get a street urchin to do that chit. I was a pickpocket when I was 12, damn it. At my age your fingers don't work as well as they used to."

He hissed this again to Rohn discreetly as Eddie ordered a coffee, angrily paying for it with the credits of the guy in the red coat.

And Rohn thought Blake was an nerf herder?

Takes one to know one.

[member="Blane Nightfall"] [member="stardust"] [member="Kiyron"]

[member="Edward Blake"] [member="Blane Nightfall"] [member="stardust"] [member="Kaiden Rohn"] [member="Kiyron"]

These people were stranger still now as she was crouching there, her smg on her hip with the gear nice and secured under the leviathan cloak. Her helmet on and concealing her within the stealth unit as the polymer blocked her from sensors, the mark two upgrades to her armor being tested with the taozin for the force as well as the ranger's gear she was working on with her combat knife sheathed in the specially designed boots. Her anti material rifle welcomed but she had a secondary rail rifle able to unfold and with the largest clip she could get cycling through the toolkit while watching to see what Kaiden would do with them.

Kaiden just stared while [member="Edward Blake"] did his thing. He pursed his lips and nodded, before taking the package away from him. He motioned over [member="Blane Nightfall"], [member="stardust"], and [member="Willa Isard"]. He spoke to Willa first."Willa, I'm sure you know where our HVT's apartment is. So, I need you to get eyes on that building. I want all the details of it. I want security, I want make and model, and try to form some sort of layout if you can. I don't want any entry or breaching yet. Recon that place and report back to me. Willa, your lead for this one. Oh- and I heard he has some guards. Neutralize at your own discretion- but do it quietly."Kaiden said, taking Edward's coffee.

He leaned back, and looked up to [member="Kiyron"], but didn't say anything. The Wildcard didn't need to do anything, yet. But the two new recruits could do with an old veteran like Willa showing them a thing or two. Willa was probably the best in the republic at what she did, and Kaiden could count on her for a simple assignment like this. Kaiden set the coffee down and slid it back over to Edward after taking a sip from it.

"You are a street urchin, Blake. That's why I had you do it."

Edward took in a breath to argue back, but was deflated. The assclown was right- he was scum.

Damn it to hell.

Blake shook his head, silently drinking his caf that Rohn had taken a sip out of before speaking up.

"That's funny."

Not much to say when confronted by the truth. He was here for probably just one reason: his proficiency, and more importantly, his eagerness to kill.

Eh, it didn't matter what they thought of him. It was game time now, and he did a good job so far. Scum or not, he was effective.

The others there looked at Blake as he lit another cigar, puffing the first huff into his caf. He thought of how [member="Willa Isard"] got an objective right then before asking a question lowly.

"What do you want me to do now? Mug someone? Rob a bank? Sell some spice?"

He asked this to his commander in a mocking tone, but was ready for an assignment nonetheless.

[member="Kaiden Rohn"] [member="Kiyron"] [member="Blane Nightfall"] [member="stardust"]

Stardust sat down and ordered a coffee whole looking around, she had no idea what their goal was but her military training told her to wait.

May I ask what are mission is?"she said in a low calm tone as she took a sip of her coffee checking to make sure her suit case was by her, insides the suit case was her two sabers, a dc-17 blaster rifle one the commandos used as well as a blaster pistol used by them .

She let a sigh out taking another sip and putting it down

[member="Edward Blake"] [member="Blane Nightfall"] [member="Kaiden Rohn"]

"yeah it would be nice to know, before anything else happens." He said in agreement to Stardust's words, he knew a thounsand ways this could go wrong just because they didn't know what they were doing. though he apreciated the man's secrecy and admited that he would probably have done the same... Blane had a journall... and even there he was writting coded and then the technique to block his mind, he was a little more than careful and in no position to judge the leader's decision, which is why he didn't do it.

[member="Edward Blake"] [member="stardust"] [member="Kaiden Rohn"] [member="Willa Isard"] [member="Kiyron"]

[member="Blane Nightfall"] [member="stardust"] [member="Edward Blake"] [member="Kaiden Rohn"] [member="Willa Isard"] [member="Kiyron"]

Well. This was going swell. Her first missimissio with Havoc Squad, and she was already late.

To be fair, not all of it was her fault. She'd flown in early, settled in and had everything prepped -- weapon concealed, armour under baggy (but not too baggy) street clothes, rendezvous point mapped out; everything she needed in order to be ready, or at least prepared for a variety of situations.

And then came a taxi cab trying to run a scam, a scam which the Chiss had no interest in partaking in. And though Dryzl managed to take the cabbie and his goon out in near-record time, she was still running behind.

She spotted the others, and quietly came up behind them. There were a couple of people she didnt recognize, but the woman offered nothing more than a curt "Sir," to Rohn.

Kiyron

K
Kiyron lowered his rifle from where it had been settled on the messenger's heart. It was not needed now. Crude and obnoxious as he was, Edward knew his stuff. He hated it. That part, anyways. But Havoc wasn't about what you liked. It was about what you could do and needed to do. He gave a curt nod as [member="Kaiden Rohn"] looked up. It was clear from here. Others were trickling in. Recruits, by the looks of them. Ones who had not gotten a briefing either. Interesting and less than ideal. This whole war was less than ideal though. The key was to make do with what you had so that was what he would do.

But for now, it was time to wait while [member="Willa Isard"] did her thing. Reconnaissance, infiltration. That was her specialty, especially in these urban environments. Out in the wild, he was closer to her skill, but he lacked the technological finesse she used. It was time to prepare to move out when the time came. He packed up the gear he had placed beside him, still holding onto the rifle. Just in case. On the plus side, it was Mandalorian made, so it fit right in with the rest of the soldiers patrolling the planet.

[member="Erud'ryz'ladre"] [member="Blane Nightfall"] [member="stardust"] [member="Edward Blake"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom