Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Opening of Doors

It is almost as though I am drowning. The sea of people on Coruscant reminds me of what it may be like in an ocean without a raft. If it weren't for my staff keeping close, I am sure that I would be lost among those around me. Given what I expect to be local time, I can only assume that many people were on their way home from their employment.

I am not like them, however, for I am far from home. And while I am here, I plan on doing the most that I can before I have to go back. My journey is to begin a few days away from now, so time is of the essence.

"How much further is it?" I ask my assistant Liana, whom remains dutifully at my side with a datapad in hand which she is reading more or less like a map.

"We are nearly there, Miss Liin. The reservations are confirmed. Senator Stark should be joining us as planned."

"Wonderful, thank you. And please take notes again so that I may compile my reports for the Board of Directors on the journey home."

"Yes, Miss Liin. It will be done."

Tobias keeps others from getting too close as we make our way to the restaurant. Pick-pockets are in an adundence on worlds like this one, and the last thing that I need is to have anything stolen and held for ransom.

Within a minute or two we arrive at an elegant restaurant of whose name I cannot translate. Yet it is quite a popular one. Waiting lists for reservations are months long, however Liana found a way to pull some strings for us. It was here that I planned to meet with Senator Stark and gain more insight into this government. And to perhaps strike more deals for New Cov and NCBC.

Our identities are checked upon entry and I cannot help but take in the marbled decor and statues. How it is that the artists make stone appear like cloth and lace is a talented gift that I could never possess. Yet I marvel at it all the same as we are led to our table in a curtained off area of the restaurant. It will be nice to have a little bit of privacy, at the very least. I just hope that Senator Stark is not tardy this evening.

Tag: Ruto Tane Ruto Tane

The invitation was unexpected. But not surprising.

For the past few months the Senior Senator from Alsakan had been engaged in a political project that would make even the most corrupt politician blush. Not that what he was doing was illegal. No, far from it. Was it ethical? Depending on the means needed to get there. Was it righteous? Again, it depends on your personal political views. But it was exhausting. Negotiations always were. And so the invitation to dinner was met with an open ear.

Normally, he didn't handle the sorts of requests personally. He had a very large staff, some thousand or so employees who managed his day to day affairs when Courscant and ten thousand more back home. He was a job creator in a sense, afterall a small team couldn't adequately represent a planet with a population in excess of a trillion beings.

The Repulsor-Limo was moving rather slow, must've been traffick he didn't lay much attention, but it seemed he'd arrived late. No worries, his guest would likely understand. As far as he knew she was a government official from the quaint little world of New Cov. What fun. Senators normally didn't get a chance to be a diplomatic contact for a new world, it was usually handled by committee.

By the time the Repulsor Limo had arrived his guest as already present, as he had assumed.

"Ms. Terallo. My apologies"

As it turns out, the Senator was tardy, but not by much. My glass of water is half full by the time he arrives. The holo-image of him in the files did not reveal the kind of presence that he gives off. Years of experience flows out of him in waves and here I am with the aura of someone new to the game. Yet at the very least I hope that I do not disappoint anyone.

I smile cordially as the Senator approached and invite him to sit with a small gesture of my hand. "No apologies necessary, Senator Stark. I have not been waiting long. Please sit. And thank you for accepting my invitation." I have a feeling that I will have many visits to Coruscant in the future and it is a good idea to get to know some of the people here.

Once the Senator sat down, I folded my hands upon the table. "I took the liberty of ordering a small variety of appetizers for us to start. I hope you do not mind." New Cov has fared well despite the collapse of many governments. And it was beginning to garner much attention. "Have you visited to New Cov at all, Senator?"

Tag: Ruto Tane Ruto Tane

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom