Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duel Open Waters [Ryv & Catlin vs Kizash & Alina]

swa30_moncalacity.jpg

Planet: Mon Cala
Objective: Look for a way off this planet.
Tags: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Ryv Ryv

There was something deeply wrong about Mon Cala. It was a feeling for the most part or it might have been my hate for aquatic species. It might of been the fact that I was on a platform roughly fifty meters in the air over the ocean that did not end. Still the feeling persisted to agitate me to no end. As soon as I stepped off the public transport shuttle it occurred and something told me it was not going to leave any time soon. Pain was something I could handle. Something I openly sought after out of pure belief, annoyance on the other hand, was not.

Since operation Kyber Dark within New Imperial sectors, I had opted a casual appearance. Travelers cloak was all that I needed for now. Something long enough to cover my self fully. Something that didnt attract too much needed attention. I looked like a karking hobo. Mon Cala was only a pit stop in my journey. It also posed the most risk of being discovered.

Sith were not taken kindly to in these times. With no ship to pilot for myself I was forced to wait with the rest of the fish smelling scum of this back water planet. Dragging my self through rows of seats in one of the many public lobbies I sat my arse in the back row.

My head shifted to the massive digital display board showcasing all available shuttles and their timed arrivals. Twenty minutes.

Twenty minutes and I could leave this blasted place, what was the worst thing that could happen?

" Hey you! Get out of here. We dont serve your kind." A voice projected from the front row with an accusing finger at myself. I gave no response. " We dont serve your kind get out. Get out or ill call security!" He threatened now. Anger boiled subtlety under my skin. My kind?

" Excuse me? I have a ticket. What do you mean my kind?" I retorted giving him a stoic expression.

" A ticket you probably stole! Get out of my dock now. Im not serving you! Its my right!" The Mon Cal shouted almost furious at me. His reasoning still alluded me and provoked my rage to spill forth.

" HOW ABOUT YOU TELL ME WHY THEN!" My voice boomed riding a wave of sound that rattled loose chairs and tables in their place. Startling customers, travelers and the like waiting just how I was. All of them covered their faces. Clothes above their noses and held there. Pressed there.

" Oh Like you dont know?! You reek! You smell like bantha poodoo. A rotting corpse!" Finally the reason had come out. It was like pulling teeth. Now it all made more sense. With a snort I rolled my eyes, shoved him to the side and walked away. There was no reason to argue with him. I knew it too be true and even why. It was this curse, this gift that possessed me so. It was the reason I was still alive.

" So much for twenty minutes."

Last edited:
Be careful what you wish for.

REDEMPTION IS NEVER OUT OF REACH...
53950.gif

Equipment: Conservator(Lightsaber), Vanguard(Backup Lightsaber)
Comm-link, Rebreather
Starship: Starlight Sentinel
“The Force has a sense of humor.” It was a phrase he had learned as a Padawan so long ago, his Master had explained that the notion of “coincidence” really was not the case. What it was, was the nature of the Force to bring and test others together. The thought was that it tested the resolve of the Jedi and helped evolve the Sith. Of course the further he went along, Caltin realized that this was nonsense, but it did give him other beliefs. These were ones that he carried with and would continue for the rest of his life.

If you were not a threat to others, he was on your side. No, this was not to say that he agreed with everyone or even liked everyone, this was to say that the massive Jedi Master stood for those who needed it. It did not matter who it was, and unfortunately, this time would be no different. Caltin was there, he was wearing plain clothes (Jeans, button-down with a t-shirt underneath, workboots, and a leather jacket. “Conservator” was in its normal sheathe over his back, but the jacket was stout enough to conceal it.

The last time he was on Mon Cala, or “Dak” as it was once called, Caltin was teaching Padawans. This was including likenesses of many Jedi in the galaxy today ( Judah Lesan Judah Lesan , Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser to name two), he was, along with another Master, teaching them how to manipulate water and air through the Force. Of course, that was a day that could be forgotten, if not for the monkey wrench that was thrown into the lesson, but the representatives that hated the thought of them being there. Caltin did not “hate” things, but he would not be here on this planet if his astromech “Roller” did not need a new gyroscope and extender arm.

The argument between the two was ridiculous, prejudiced in its heart. Yeah, he smelled the “guy”, but what did that have to do with anything. They could just turn up the central air, I mean have you smelled an Aqualish whose been on dry land for a week? Anyway, Caltin didn’t cower, he intervened, and ironically it was on the “guy’s” behalf. Yes, he knew who the individual was, not by face or name, he hadn’t been back in the galaxy to know really more than the Silvers and a few Jedi. No, he knew the man by way of the Force.

It didn’t matter right now.

Excuse me… you may have rights, but so does he. He did nothing to you and spent good money.

“I don’t give a stamn about him! I want his smelly but gone!”

Turning to the other, Caltin held up his own ticket.

I’m seated right under the vents. These idiots don’t have to “smell” you. If you want to trade tickets, it’s yours.

See something new every day.

...YOU JUST HAVE TO REACH FOR IT.
svjbudd.png

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Across the way, Ryv grumbled to himself as he tugged his jacket from his shoulders and balled it up. He threw it atop a bench and laid out across it without a second thought. He rested his head on the scarred leather and looked over the room, his gaze drawn to dozens, if not hundreds, gathered before him. Everyone seemed like they were in such a hurry. People pushed about, muttering under their breath about one thing or another, while salesmen pedaled wares to anyone within earshot. The noise alone was enough to make the kiffar uncomfortable. Throw in a mess of unchecked emotions to the mix? Well, all of it together was enough to sour his already awful mood.

When the voices picked up and the argument set in, he sighed loudly.

"This is why I hate starports," Ryv muttered. "Everyone and their mother always has something to say. Damned obnoxious."

He rolled over onto his side and watched the two bicker back and forth. Whoever it was getting chewed out appeared angrier than Ryv expected. Then again, the idea of missing his shuttle off this miserable, waterlogged planet probably would've pissed him off too. The figure did seem familiar, oddly enough. Something about his frame, or maybe it was how he carried himself, but Ryv could almost place the stranger. He sat up, snagged his jacket, and jumped to his feet for a better view. While it helped a bit, the Jedi Knight still couldn't make out enough detail.

"Why do bad things always happen to me?" he groaned out, the sound exasperated, definitely over the top. Making a joke of his situation always made reality easier to face.

With nothing better to do, Ryv pushed his way through the crowd to get a better view of the commotion. By the time he arrived, things had calmed down enough for him not to feel any need to get involved. He turned to his left and wandered towards another bench, this one equally uncomfortable. Lowering himself to a seated position, he stretched out his arms along the top and laid back against it with a yawn. The more time he spent on Mon Cala, the harder it became to keep his eyes open.

Fortunately for the Jedi Knight, he only had twenty more minutes until he could make his way home.

370d9lz.png

Planet: Mon Cala
Objective: Enjoy a vacation
Tags: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Ryv Ryv | Lord Kizash Lord Kizash

It wasn't often that she had a chance to relax. Well. Ever. She'd never had the chance to relax in her life given how her mother was determined to run her raged and into a very early grave. And if there was one place she could really feel relaxed in, it'd be a water world. Swimming was probably one of her favorite pass times. Good work out of course, but also a place where there often wasn't someone trying to end her life. Usually. She'd met a couple things in the deep dark down deep down that didn't care what she was and just wanted to eat.

She walked through the port with a towel around her neck and the simplest clothes she could find before heading out to this world. Her swim in the ocean had gone pretty well. She felt relaxed, refreshed. Pleased. All that faded as she wandered through and she felt something. Feeling through the Force was still a new thing to her. The chaotic nature of her connection had prevented her from feeling most things for most of her life, but now that she understood this bond she'd figured out ways to relax it and truly understand the world around her.

What she felt now made her stomach churn. Something unnaturally dark. Something that should be dead, but refused to. Her gaze scanned around until she found the source. There was no mistaking it. Someone strong in the Dark, but not someone she recognized. She found a bench to sit down on, her yellow gaze flicking to the source now and then. He was talking to someone, or just being talked at. But there wasn't any hostility. He wouldn't try to attack someone, right?

"What the chit is going on.." Alina was speaking to herself, unaware of the Jedi Knight that'd also chosen to take a seat at this bench beside her.

It started at a spike. A wave of annoyance sent throughout my body. Raising the hairs on my arms and into the very wounds that reeked of rot and decay along my chest. It felt like a nail being dug into the side of my head. I dont know why I tried running from it. The annoyance. This discomfort. It was my mistake. I was wrong to run from it.

And now I was being punished for it.

I could hear a new voice addressing me. Standing up for me. I managed a glance back before responding to the large man( Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor ). " I dont need your-"

Abruptly I stopped and fell to a knee. One hand on the ground and another apon my head, I groaned aloud. The spike intensified greatly. My nerves burned hot with unseen fire. Flashes of white surging through synapses in my broken body. My jaw grew stern, my facial muscles taut in stress. " Gah!" I cried and shook my head violently from left to right. The motions were enough to shift the cloak I wore to one side, revealing a bare upper body and back. Carbon scoring, plasma burns, shrapnel shavings in-gored to my flesh and a pale cracked mis-coloration of flesh. On my right hip dangled the hilt of a lightsaber and one damaged from battles it saw. From right to left it shifted in motion as if to mimick its master exactly.

And down the whirlpool of pain I went. I was seething by now, feeding off of the only source of darkside energy that my body could find. Myself, And by this point it was ripe to be sensed by others nearby. The all familiar chill had already reached out and touched the air bringing a feeling of dread and wrongness. Warranting a shiver down the spine.

For me came as fire.

From Weakness to pain, pain to agony and agony to power.

This is a curse. My karking curse. I hate being like this. I hate being this way. This fragile flesh, bones that break with ease! I thought to myself.

Accusing eyes shot back a forth to the Mon Cal's adjacent to me and my inner thoughts spilled from my now shaking maw. Mutterings of curses and threats in grumbled basic, barely audible due to my deep voice. With a blink a red veil sank over my vision and darkness surrounded my peripherals.

Tags: Ryv Ryv Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

53950.gif

Comm-link, Rebreather
” Oh, it’s like that huh?”

The… whatever he was fell to a knee and began convulsing. In earnest, the massive Jedi Master thought he was about to have a hissy fit, but the oncoming gush of dark energy was disconcerting. It was more than that, it caused him stress enough to push onlookers back in the hope that they would get the hint and leave the area. The big guy was not expecting or looking for a fight but he had absolutely no intention of or desire to back down. He indeed noticed a familiar Lightsider sitting on a bench and gave the guy a look. Was he high or something? There was another source of the Dark Side sitting next to him in the form of a cute blonde.

The fact is, whatever this... humanoid was going through, it was clearly not some kind of death rattle, it was almost as if either he was calling on something, or whatever was keeping him alive was about to rear its ugly head. Caltin was not interested in the semantics, he was just interested in getting this guy out of here, or at least the people who were gathered around. It did not matter if the guy was going to use them to his advantage, or just try and fight the big guy, or even just try and getaway, this was not an ideal environment for any of it.

He wanted to tell the Lightsider to “pay attention” as the blonde did not seem to notice him either, but frankly, Caltin was more concerned about what was going on in front of him. Reaching out through the Force, he grabbed the oxygen around them and began to manipulate it in a way that formed a small, but a noticeable breeze. He didn’t care about the breeze, but others were gagging and they were beginning to annoy him in how they not only seemed to want to hang around but even called planetary security. Really? Were people really getting stupid nowadays?

Leave, all of you… now.

No, he was not talking about the… what was he? As well as the blonde, or even the Lightsider he recognized, Caltin did not care what they did. No, he was talking to the sentients who seemed to be enthralled in the humanoid trainwreck in front of them. They were like a bunch of speederists who were angry about a traffic jam, but rubber-necked when they saw the accident that was the reason for it. They knew it was disgusting, but could not look away. This was the most ridiculous thing that Caltin could witness, he had a good idea what was about to happen, and these idiots were in a cross-fire. Looking at the grouped up would-be travelers, the big guy directed a fairly strong gust of wind at them. It would not knock anyone down, or back or anything, but to get their attention. They got the hint and were moving, almost in a panic.

Oh, now you want to go? Really? No, no… go ahead stay.

His facetious tone and mannerisms could not be missed.
svjbudd.png

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
It wasn't a matter of being high or drunk. At least, not in the traditional sense.

Ryv was an empath, one gifted in the ability to sense and understand the emotions of those around him to an indescribable degree. However, that same power blinded him to many other elements of what the Force could offer him. Without meditation or techniques like Center of Being, the kiffar couldn't control the flow of emotion that assailed his mind. So, in one manner of speaking, yes, he was high. High on the conflux of emotional anarchy as it raged all around them. And it took everything the Jedi Knight had not to lose himself to it all.

He took a deep breath as he felt the waves crashing over him. He centered himself amidst the chaos, the storm that raged distant to his immediate senses. Screams faded away, the salty sea air lost shortly after. For several long seconds, he maintained his composure. Peace settled on his spirit once more as he erected a barrier around his mind. The emotions from before, still tangible to the kiffar, no longer struck with the same effect. He opened his eyes and looked to his right, seemingly as if he was only now noticing the woman.

"You know, if it wasn't for the craziness, I'd ask you out to dinner. I've got a weak spot for women who look like they can kick my ass," Ryv stood and unclipped the lightsaber at his side. Resolve roared within his mind. It warned of the danger all around its master. At that point, Ryv looked back to Alina and blinked. Her yellow eyes, the ease at which she faced the entropy, and the faint flicker of bogan's corruption all jumped out at him simultaneously. He blinked again. He looked between the malformed, scarred being, the familiar Jedi Master, and the Acolyte a few away from him. He sighed and shook his head. "I don't suppose you'll hold off long enough for these rando innocent people to scamper off, would ye?"

The gust of wind hammered home the sudden danger many found themselves in. While it hadn't knocked anyone to the floor or done serious enough damage, the continued trend of supernatural happenings wasn't something the everyday sentient could bear.

"Alright, folks! Clear out! Jedi business being conducted!" Ryv's voice echoed around the area. "Flights? Canceled!"

He looked to Alina with a smirk. "Fights? Going live."

This wasn't good. The Sith, Lord Kizash Lord Kizash , something was happening to him. Setting him off. Alina's eyes widened as she felt the chill. Then they narrowed. Was he really going to ruin her vacation and go off now of all times? And with a Jedi there no less! Her gaze shifted to Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor . Of course. She did recognize him. An exhausted sigh escaped her. Maybe she could just slip out and leave on her own. Before something drastic happened and she had no choice but to fight.

Then Ryv Ryv spoke. Her yellow gaze shifted to him, blinking curiously. Was he hitting on her? He had to be. A small smirk formed, though that quickly faded as he stood and brought out a saber. Oh. He was a Jedi. He seemed to have a similar revelation as his gaze fell back on her and he sighed. Her own joined his as she stood and pulled free her own saber. This wasn't at all what she wanted to do on her vacation.

"Any chance we can just walk away?" She gave a bright smile to the Jedi as her red blade flicked to life. Alina reached out shortly after, trying to disrupt the Force around the Knight. Her only real power in the Force. "I'd hate to ruin such a pretty face."

Some lessons had to be learned the hard way. And mine was not over yet.

The large husk of a man, kneeled over in pain for all to see continued to grunt, to seize and growl animalistic calls to ease his own dark dwelling. For the dark sustained him and there was a price to be paid. Where eyes used to be of brown hue, they were now replaced to yellow crimson irises. For a moment his body rocked and jolt coming in contact with the gust of wind. It forced Kizash to slide across the platform with a skid before budging into a chair bolted to the floor. The uttering from his maw were loose. Shaky.

There was no way I was going to simply leave this planet now. I wasn't stupid. There were jedi hidden in the crowds. They saw it all. They saw me.

Efforts were made to rise back to one knee. For a some time it was unsure if this Sith lord was even in the condition to stand after all the agony he suddenly had been stricken with. The grip on his own crown became ever more tight. The jaw growing so stern the gritting of teeth was now audible. Not soon after the subtle sound of cracking and chipping came and it was followed by droplets of black-ish red blood onto the floor. Kizashs body contorted upward forcing him to jolt to his feet in amazing speed. A sinister twist of darkside energy spiked only to swirl about his being on invisible strings across his form and dig its way into his throat. A sign of his will none the less. Standing in place, both hands covered his face hard, smearing blood from his maw onto his cheeks, brow and forehead with odd force.

Back a forth his body rocked. The stance of a man in utter strife. Woe became him and were he wanted to shed tears, no such mercy was granted. It drove him mad. The influx of emotions, the physical and mental pains. Welling up within intill...

Control. Control. Control.

That was what he was taught. But it eluded him when he needed it most. Again his inner thoughts were shouted in his skull. In between the slits of his own fingers he could see the Jedi ahead some small distance away. One of them already had their blade drawn and activated. Kizash's hands fell from his face examining the blade. His physical conditions and pains now paling in comparison to a sudden realization. It was as if he appeared fine. Hewas far from it.

Its me...Us or them. Thats the only way. This goes down.

There was no reasoning with them. Not here and now. The flux of emotions began swirl in sync with a new found tenacity. A new resolve. Utterly destroy these jedi. At any cost. Twin hilts flew to the Sith lords hands. Right and left. They remained to be activated though.

" I'd love to see that." I added staring at the female across the room. Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Tags: Ryv Ryv Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

53950.gif

Comm-link, Rebreather
More of the guy coming down off of whatever drug he was on. This was getting a bit tedious, Caltin just kept his distance and let the guy have his withdrawals. He may be, we… whatever he was he had a right to be it because he wasn’t causing any trouble, so Caltin could let him go through whatever this was. It’s not that the big guy wanted someone to suffer, but the guy said that he didn’t need anyone. The blood was… well it was gross, but it didn’t deter the massive Jedi Master from staying where he was.

Then the Jedi… who was he? He recognized him, but couldn’t place where that is until he had heard the kid speak, or shall we say flirt with the Sith. aaaaand of course that provokes her, OF COURSE IT DOES! He had things at least SOMEWHAT under control, even the blonde didn’t want to fight. Then … oh whatever.

You really are an idiot! You happy? You know what? Just… just don’t make me carry your (censored).

The twin sabers that this monster held, were actually rather interesting looking. The ornate design was similar to something that Caltin had seen during his own time, very particular and very detailed. It seemed like an odd contrast to the individual holding them, but who was he to care, er judge. He had a fight to deal with, a fight that didn’t seem to need to happen, but whatever. He could use the exercise.

Reaching over his back and pulling out the long handle hilt of ” Conservator” and engaged the permafrost blade as it came down into his stance. His attitude was no longer as brash as it might have been, especially since there was still the possibility of innocents in the area, all business. His free hand slowly lifting to an offensive position where he could catch the Sith’s off-hand weapon if need be. Canting his head as if nodding at the cute blonde, he made his verbal move.

She wants to leave. You can to. This doesn’t have to happen, but don’t think I’m going anywhere otherwise.
svjbudd.png

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"Walk away?" Ryv parroted the question. He considered the option up until she reached out and suppressed the Force around his body. Lifting a hand, he attempted to lift a nearby cred-stick, only for the Force to flicker out around his mental call for aid. Alina's smile made all the more sense when he looked back her way. "You know, for someone supposedly down to walk away, you got a bizarre way of showing it. How bout this, I'm gonna try and beat you into submission and drag you back to Coruscant for questioning. If you manage to getaway? Well, you're free to go. I'd offer the chance for surrender, but I haven't had a good fight in a few days."

Resolve ignited at his side. The viridescent blade radiated the light's power, the weapon's very nature bathed in Ashla's blessings. Ryv took a deep breath, rotated the weapon in his palm, and offered one last glance the Jedi Master and Sith Lord's way.

"I'm an idiot?" he blinked and motioned back towards Alina lazily. "She coulda walked away, man. I didn't tell her to use the Force and ignite the saber."

He shrugged and looked back to Alina. "I like the suppression ability, an interesting approach to a scrap. Not a lot of Sith just wanna go toe-to-toe without the sorceries, so, kudos."

Typical of the kiffar, Ryv went from zero to one hundred real quick. His body exploded into motion, a quick-step carrying him forward with an arching swipe of his saber meant to bisect Alina from right to left across her core. He reversed both his grip and momentum, the blade now aimed to cut down through her hip to the opposite knee. While he lacked the Force to heighten his speed or strength, the Jedi Knight's movements were fluid. Years of practice on the battlefield against the Sith did him many a favor in the combat department.

A keen eye would note Ryv's initial advance put him between Alina and the fleeing innocents as they raced away from the Sith Lord's display.

Alina flashed a smile towards Lord Kizash Lord Kizash , if only to confirm that they were on the same side for the moment. Two Sith, two Jedi. It'd be better to fight alongside each other than face Ryv Ryv and Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor while also trying to deal with each other. Not that they were going to fight side by side. Seemed more like it'd end up with two duels going on in the same area. "You can call it preemptive. Figured you'd say something about 'bringing you in' or 'it's not too late to find redemption.' The usual Jedi stuff." The acolyte nodded to the crowd behind him as he moved.

"Same with that. Getting in the way of me incase I'd harm any civilians. Sorry Jedi, but this Sith has no intention of playing the bad guy." She winked as she settled into.. Some sort of stance. She still hadn't learned any of the formal stances of lightsaber combat, but she had been learning to adapt to those she'd fought. "What can I say. If you wanna get me in cuffs you're gonna have to get hands on."

The acolyte stepped forward as the Kiffar charged forward. Despite her grin and chatty attitude, her eyes were narrowed. Focused. A feint. She caught it just in time and swung her blade down in an arching motion. A trick learned from another Jedi was employed as she brought her blade for the midsection of the offending blue one. She wanted to overwhelm Ryv's wrist and try and disarm him in a single strike.

Now this was a mess. Two Jedi and two sith in the same hangar bay. Who would of knew. It was beginning to sound like a joke you hear after drinking too much. My gaze shifted over to the larger of the two jedi Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor .

"Jedi letting sith go? I've seen it all now." My sarcasm was obvious and judging by the sudden movement of action from the female and other Jedi, things were not going to work out with peace talks. Still I asked my question midst removing my ragged cloak. It fell behind me in no particular style. " On a scale of one to ten. Where is that chance at now?" I paused and my voice took a deeper tone. "And.. thats no way to treat a lady."

Snap-hisss
At this point I was bare chested, it was preferred. While most sith were gifted with the darkside and its complexities, I avoided them. I was a warrior first. A red blade in my left hand and vermilion in my right. I could feel my brow fall and eyes narrow. Calm on the outside and seething on the inside.

It wouldn't be fair nor as fun to stand by and do nothing. If I didnt act then the young lady over there would of most likely been ganged up on. That wasn't going to happen here.

The Sith lord stood still almost in wait for the first move. The display of pain, anger, hatred and utter suffering from earlier returned from its suppression. Kizash festered and toiled in it till he could hold it no longer. The muscles of his torso and across his shoulders tensed in preparation for realese. His knees bent slightly and then his jaw dropped to cry aloud. His hellish cry blasting from his vocals in waves of darkside energy. Rippling across the metal floor an bouncing off every surface seeking to bigrade the unnatural high pitched sound on the ear drums and very mental on everyone near him.

If I'm in pain. Everyone else will be too.

Tags: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru Ryv Ryv

Do I need to spell it out for you?

With little more than a sigh, just shook his head as the Kiffar Force user (Caltin refused to call him a "Jedi", he had yet to prove worthy of the title) engaged in battle with the girl. With little more than an eye-roll, his attention was back on the Sith in front of him. The guy was disrobing, which meant he was either an exhibitionist, or he was getting ready for a fight.

Why do you always have to be so weird?

Caltin was in no rush, the Kiffar was busy with the Sith, the big guy would have his hands full with the one in front of him. His connection to the Dark Side was strong, and even affecting Caltin’s own touch with the darkness inside of him. This was not going to be an internal challenge to keep his own control, it would be a fight on two fronts.

What can I say? The “Jedi” of today don’t know what being one really means anymore. As far as what the chances of you leaving on your own now still are? Leave and I won’t chase you, the offer will remain standing until you yourself aren’t capable of doing so on your own.

He still did not move, he wouldn’t until the SIth in front of him or the one not far away for that matter would make a move. He simply stood stoically, waiting, like a tree planted in the middle of a river. He would not move, they would have to. The Kiffar could deal with the blonde, she was not his concern, though he was keeping a mind’s eye on them both so as not to be attacked by surprise. Realizing that the Dark Lord was waiting as well, Caltin raised his free hand and waved for his would-be foe to attack as if to say “bring it on.”

I’m a Jedi. I don’t hit first, I hit back.

The hellish cry was not only deafening, it was indeed killing his eardrums. Stopping his request for action, the big guy let out a blast of Force Light, to stop this advantage and even the playing field. Cracking his neck, the massive Jedi Master just shook his head. No parlor tricks were going to change who he was or the way he fought.
A wry smirk crawled across his face.

You can still leave. The both of you can.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"No intention of playing the bad guy?"

The sentiment dug deep into Ryv's mind, the very idea of a Sith saying something of the sort enough to halt the kiffar's aggression. He watched her saber's downward arch towards his verdant blade. Resolve remained silent within the suppression field, it's sentience and strength hampered by the distinct lack of ethereal power around the pair. When her blade struck, a flash of light exploded from impact, the brilliant flair a much-intended side effect of the sorian crystal powering the saber. Her strike flashed through nonetheless. His saber fell from his hands, clattering against the solid surface beneath them as he backpedaled.

"Either you guys are dealing with a lot of fighting inhouse on what it means to be a Sith, or you're all just fooling yourselves into thinking something that isn't true," he withdrew a vibroknife from his jacket. "You can fool the rest of the galaxy with this act you and your masters are putting on, but you can't fool me. Y'all sacrificed hundreds on Korriban. Innocent lives, folks with dreams, all no better than a battery to you cucks."

Ryv twirled the knife in his palm, a backward glance given to Caltin. "Jedi of today? That's an oddly skewed idea to ha-"

His point died on his tongue when the Sith's scream ripped through the crowd. Ryv gritted his teeth and dropped to a knee. Alina's suppression field clung to him, making it impossible to summon a defensive or countermeasure. Blood pooled within his ears, his eardrums ruptured from the manifestation of the Sith Lord's malign presence.

"Yeah," Ryv growled through clenched teeth. "No intention of playing the bad guy, sure..."

Amber met yellow, the Jedi Knight's gaze locked on the Acolytes.

Holy chit it worked. At least, that's what Alina knew. She couldn't sense the turmoil that her words had given Ryv Ryv . She couldn't sense anything. That was her curse, or gift, depending on how it was looked at. For a moment she was going to go after Ryv, push this advantage she'd gotten. But paused. He was right, of course. The acolyte had seen it first hand with the Graug. Their cruelty and callousness knew no limit. They even turned on Alina, who was supposed to be an ally.

"Not all Sith are the same. As I'm sure not all Jedi are either." She brought her blade into the stance once again as she readied herself to rush forward. A charge that never happened. The acolyte had no means to protect herself from the sudden scream erupting from Lord Kizash Lord Kizash . The pain was excruciating. The young woman couldn't even breath as she fell to her knees, clutching at her ears in a vain attempt to try and cut off the sound. Her saber clattered lifelessly to the ground.

Once again she found herself at the mercy of a more powerful Sith. Her power had faded from the Jedi Knight as she fell, but slowly she'd push herself to her feet once again. Snatching up her saber as her eyes met Ryv's gaze once again. "I have no intention of being the bad guy. Can't say the same for him, whoever he is." The red blade reignited in her grip.

"Last chance to back off, Jedi. I'm feeling generous." A lie. She was still trying to recover from the scream, but she couldn't let them see her weakness. Not if she could help it.

• Love
Reactions: Ryv
My scream became muffled after the flash of light. I felt choked up. The darkside made manifest was somehow contained and sent back it its source, Me. I could feel my legs tremble with the oncoming burst of energy. My body faltered slightly. Weakness came before strength and I was not to show it. My gut told me to preserve myself, my body and that was what I did before collapsing to the floor.

Id heard of darksiders being cut off from the force with displays of light, such as what came from the Jedi Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor and I was not willing to allow that to be me.

The consequences would of been, well, lethal to say the least.

Pushing myself up from the ground I rose to a standing position. Now was time for that strength I mentioned early. Itook off toward the big man. It only took seconds to close the gap. I could feel my brow furrow and make my visage express nothing by anger and hatred. It was all I had in me after all these years. My right lightsaber came in with a lunge after my arm extended. The red blade thrust by an extra foot in reach with the shifting of my grip. Gotta love Dual-Phase functions. I was aiming for his dominant hand that held his lightsaber.

As for my left saber. The vermillion blade came with a furious heavy handed blow. Poised to cleave the Jedi in two from. A strike the would begin at his private parts and end once it went through his head. Clean up the middle. That was if I had it my way.

I just hoped his dueling skills were as strong as he looked. If not then I was going to be disappointed.

Ryv Ryv
Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

53950.gif

Comm-link, Rebreather
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Thank the Force the light blast worked, that cry was devastating. That meant though that the battle was indeed going to continue, it was a shame, really but not at all unexpected. He was skilled with the both of them, or he would not be combining a Hawkbat slash with a half-moon slash. Caltin was going to have to utilize more than just his intuition to win this as it was clear that at least the Dark Lord in front of him was not leaving without being convinced that this was a fight he would not win. He did not look for this, unlike the Kiffar picking a fight with the blonde, but he was more than willing to end it.

Yeah, they get that... most of them know me already...

Some of them don't.

What? Are you trying to make this story longer than it has to be or something?

Anyway...His dominant hand, so to speak was one target. Caltin could simply disengage the blade but that would do little to nothing to help him for the other weapon attack. Lifting his right knee in a motion to slam it into the abdomen of the man before him this was dual purpose, one to either knock the wind out of him or make him move out of the way himself and to dodge the attempt at the bifurcation. His lightsaber hand? Caltin still disengaged the blade momentarily at the last possible second, long enough for the weapon to pass, and then re-engaged and pushed the vermillion blade into the red one. He threw a left hook with his free hand if the Sith moved.

Regaining his footing and swinging the permafrost blade like a right hook to the body, he knew the Dark Lord would dodge it, Caltin just wanted some space. This was still an unnecessary fight to him, but he was not going to just leave the Light sider alone.

Next.
svjbudd.png

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Ryv sighed.

"Okay, then leave," he turned away from Alina and looked to the other two. The cause of the chaos moved to engage Caltin, twin-lightsabers brandished. Ryv watched the exchange as he retrieved his saber with a telekinetic pull. It answered his summons with little difficulty now that Alina's suppression field was gone. His saber's return brought an immediate satisfaction to the Jedi Knight, the brief sense of anxiety he felt from the pain of the other Sith's scream replaced with unchecked valor.

Everything felt weird. The longer he examined the scene, the more it confused him. Sith, who didn't want to 'play' the bad guy? What did that even mean? The Sith Brotherhood's history wasn't one of heroics. It often lead others to mass death and hysteria, usually joined by galactic domination. The Sith standing at the top of the Sith Empire were no different than their predecessors. Mass executions on Korriban, torture, manipulation of their people, and, of course, the most recent genocide of Mandalore. None of it broke the norm for the history of the dark side or its followers. Hell, the power they drew from literally corrupted its wielders, often driving them to do terrible things while drunk on their passion.

Ryv looked back to Alina, eyes narrowed. Was it possible this new generation of Sith were like his New Jedi Order? Things changed with time. People grew, beliefs faded away, while others rose to prominence. The idea alone made him uncomfortable.

"No," he eventually said. "That's bullshit. If all of you wanted to be different, be better, or whatever it is you all think you're trying to do, you'd shed the moniker of Sith. A code is nothing but a string of words. The Jedi aren't their code, and neither are the Sith. Since the dawn of this force-damned war, those who took the title of Sith were tyrants who instilled nothing but fear and pain on the galaxy. If you truly want me to believe you aren't just another one of them, turn over your saber and return with me to Coruscant."

He returned his vibroknife to his belt, though he clutched tight to Resolve. "The Sith Empire is ruled by literal psycopaths. If there are really those among you who wish for a better tomorrow, be the change. Surrender. Come with me, and show the galaxy your words have actual merit. Pretty words can hide ugly truths."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom