Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Open/Faction] Challenging the Status Quo [Force 101]

Caedyn Arenais

C
Try giving teaching a go, he says...
It'll be fun, he says...
Does he know me at all?
I bet Asaraa put him up to this, too!
cae_breaker_by_kioxes-dc8yrxo.png
Caedyn Arenais could be found within the courtyard outside of the Silver Rest awaiting those who might have decided to take an interest in the lessons of a former Je'daii Steward. His Father, [member="Veiere Arenais"], was to be blamed for this; encouraging a Je'daii to teach their philosophies to those of the *Jedi* didn't seem to be the brightest of idea's for what their Mentor's might make of the young man's take on the Force as a whole. None the less, wanting to give something back, there he was standing around looking at the passerby's and sticking out like a sore thumb (or at-least feeling as though he was), awaiting any sign of his would-be participants.

For Caedyn, this would be a first. Not just teaching, but also teaching those who called themselves Jedi. The Order seemed to have a much more black and white take on the Force, splitting it into two halves and aligning them with the motivations of the Sith, the Jedi and all others whom practiced it. It was interesting, though a little too presumptuous for Caedyn's liking as the Force, he knew, was bigger than them all and theories were rarely proven to be more than that, theories.

None the less, today's topic would be on the Force. Veiere was a Jedi Consular and a learned scholar of Jedi philosophies. Caedyn however had been with the Je'daii Order for some time before reaching the role of a Journeyer. Akin to that of a Jedi Padawan, yet their teachings were very much in their own hands, and even more so his when the Je'daii fell away from the known Galaxy. His experience and learning over the years since then, had seen him become a self-appointed Je'daii Ranger (Similar to the role of a Jedi Knight), yet forever unofficial as his Order was no more. What this meant for the lesson ahead however? Well, Caedyn had experience and training under his belt that most Jedi students didn't have, nor were even allowed to question...

Metis walked calmly and pateintly through the halls and pathways of the temple, she had been developing a reputation that when she arrived for lessons and classes,for tardiness and lateness. So for once Metis was early. Metis was looking forward to the upcoming lesson not only because she was actually on time for a change, but also because the lesson was taught from outside the Silver Jedi to another order of Jedi, or Je’daii as they referred to themselves. Metis had done some preliminary research and had read through there official stance on the Force as well as there policies in regard to intergalactic politics and events.

Metis had been trying to learn as much as she could about the other sects, dinominations and orders of not only Jedi but of other factions of whom studied the Force. At least in part because the Jedi Master who had introduced her to the Silver Jedi had herself left due to some.. misunderstandings. Or so she was lead to believe.

Still Metis craved knowledge and all things considered if the Je’daii were true to their values it was all in all not unworthy goal or mission in mind. There desire to balance both light and dark. Personally Metis appreciated the philosophy on an academic level, although she was wary that it could lead to the Dark Side. For although Metis had very little experience of it, she had read and heard some disturbing stories of atrocities committed by those of the dark side. It baffled her in some cases how from all accounts some truly good jedi had committed such evil.

However the balance the Je’dai were Striving to Achieve was commendable. Regardless Metis felt that she should use her knowledge both of the Force and otherwise to try and do some good helping those in the galaxy. With Force if necessary, mystical and martial.

Metis was brought out of her inner thoughts as she approached the door of the class. Taking a deep breath Metis entered.

“Hello? I think I might be a little early”

@Caedyn Arenaishttps://starwarsrp.net/user/16673-caedyn-arenais/

It had been awhile since Reggie went to a class about the force. For the most part, the Padawan had done his own research, whether it be from data entries or from what he'd experienced himself. While he was mostly in the light side of the spectrum, he had no problem learning the teachings of others as long as those teachings didn't involve harming and enslaving others.

The Padawan was excited to be learning more about the force, especially if it was a perspective he's never heard before. The possibility of obtaining new knowledge created a flame in him that made the Padawan head to the class as soon as he could.

Reggie arrived in the class just a but before [member="Metis Athena Elpis"], who commented on her being early.

"Being early is better than being late. It just shows how excited we are for new knowledge, right?"

Reggie gave her a quick smile and turned to [member="Caedyn Arenais"]. He bowed to the teacher in greeting.

"Greetings uh-"

The Padawan realized that he didn't know what honorific their instructor went by. Did he go by Jedi ranks or did he have a different rank he preferred? Reggie didn't exactly know at the time. He tried again.

"Greetings instructor. I'm looking forward to learn more from you."

Well, that was better than nothing. Reggie preferred to show respect to those who were teaching, so calling Caedyn by his name was out of the question.

Jorah zos Darnus

J
From his time with the Jai known as Jerek of the Zenduu, the young Dathomiri boy had been exposed to the offworlder belief in the Force.

The Dathomiri did not believe in the Force. They believed in the spirits. So central, in fact, was this faith in the spirits to the magic of the Mandragora that the boy remained both confused and perplexed at how the Jai managed to perform magic without belief in the Winged Goddess and the Fanged God.

The Exarch of the Confederacy had declared that the Silver Jai were their allies. That made the Jai an ally of the Mandragora as well. To the children of Dathomir, nothing was more sacred or involatile than the bonds of friendship. Of trust. And so the boy had embarked on a quest to try and understand the ways of these offworlders. First at Onderon with [member="Jerek Zenduu"] and now at the Silver Rest.

The Jai carried the light swords. The boy preferred something more real, such as the zhaboka, but such weapons would likely appear strange to these offworlders. And he knew not just how the light swords figured into the training, so he had donned one of the Obsidian lightsabers before he had departed the castle at Ryloth for this... Silver Rest on a world of vast forests that he had learned was called Kashyyyk.

Stepping into the room, the horned youth gave a series of bows to indicate respect to his elders. Amber eyes peered at in turn. It was tempting to assume that [member="Metis Athena Elpis"] was the leader for this training, as she was the only woman present. But, he had observed that such matriarchal practices were not the offworlder way.

"Greetings," the boy offered, in thickly accented Basic that made clear such was a second language for him. "I am Jorah."

[member="Caedyn Arenais"] | [member="Reggie Faayare"]

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn had never fancied himself as much of an instructor, or mentor of any sort. It seemed to be a bit of a family trait (or perhaps a flaw), that he not have such a wealth of confidence in himself to consider his position to be above that of any other, especially at his age. The first to arrive, [member="Metis Athena Elpis"] appeared to be older than he was. It was probably something that he should have anticipated, yet hadn't considered and so the pressure he felt riding his shoulders seemed to grow in the face of someone potentially more experienced than he was. The other two however appeared to be near his age group, if not younger; though that in itself didn't necessarily mean they were any less experienced. It just happened to be a assumption that set his mind at ease some, no matter whether it was ignorant of him to think so or not.

"Hey there" He greeted Metis with a smile before turning to look to [member="Reggie Faayare"] in momentary surprise; "Oh, no. Caedyn's fine thanks" he chuckled somewhat sheepishly in his own expense, "I'm not on par with the Jedi Knights or Masters here. Technically, my 'Jedi training' is still at the level of an average student, I'm told" Caedyn explained in open honesty, not wishing anyone to get the wrong idea.

"This class isn't exactly your ordinary every day discussion; my father has encouraged me to share my belief and views of the Force with you all" He continued, though his voice dropped slightly in volume as he mentioned his father, before further expression a sense of caution. "Before I go into my background and training that's led to my views and understanding around the Force however, I probably need to inform you all that these aren't the teachings of the Silver Jedi, and whether or not you all choose to agree with my views is entirely your choice. This is just going to, possibly, be an alternate perspective from what I believe is the norm' around here....".

"Make sense?"
[member=Metis Athena Elpis] | [member=Reggie Faayare] | [member="Jorah zos Darnus"]

Being the man he was, Reggie didn't mind hearing and coming to understand another perspective of the force. He'd have his own views, sure, but it was still good to hear other perspectives in order to formulate one's own ideas. The force wasn't easy to understand and a person has to come to believe what is taught and learned, not blindly follow without understanding why the perspective is that was. "Makes sense to me."

Reggie gave Caedyn a determined smile, showing that he was ready to hear what Caedyn was taught.

[member="Caedyn Arenais"] [member="Jorah zos Darnus"] [member="Metis Athena Elpis"]

Jorah zos Darnus

J
Much Basic. Many words.

Hands clasped behind his back, the horned youth listened attentively as the one who gave his name as Caedyn supplied some explanation for what they would be learning.

So it seemed that, indeed, a maleling provided instruction. Even to women. It was mildly upsetting, the boy's amber eyes darting over to the woman as it seemed to him that the Caedyn spoke out of turn -- for she had not granted him permission to speak,

But, as he had been told, such customs were not the offwolder way.

Steeling himself against the initial impression of impropriety, the youth reflected on what the Caedyn had supplied. Had he understood every word? Of course not. Basic was a second language for him, but he thought that he had gotten at least the gist of what the Caedyn had to offer.

He wished to speak of the Force. But not the Force as the Jedi understood it.

"This is good," the Dathomiri boy offered in reply. Inclining his head toward the Caedyn, the horned youth noted, "I am Dathomiri of Shaol'mara. I also do not believe as your people do. But I come to understand."

Jerek of the Zenduu had also spoken of this... Force. The Dathomiri did not believe in any such singular entity. They believed in the spirit realm. They believed in magic.

[member="Reggie Faayare"] | [member="Caedyn Arenais"] | [member="Metis Athena Elpis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom