Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private One Year Ago At Life Day

Kahlil_Div2.png

It had to be irony that brought Kahlil to a cold planet. Still freshly severed from the Force he continued his travels from planet to planet, experiencing a life free of burden. All while still searching for signs of Valery Noble Valery Noble . Yet as he stepped off his ship and the first snow of this planet's year had just started to fall, he couldn't help but smile. "Things were so much easier then, weren't they?" He shouldered his pack before helping to unload the shipment. Another job finished.

But he still couldn't stop thinking about Valery. Inside the small Cafe of the space port he got himself some hot chocolate. The mug, the chocolate, all of it wasn't the same, but the memory came back anyway.

Kahlil_Div2.png

He was late. Sure, he had his reasons. Pirates were relentless people when they wanted something valuable after all, but still. Kahlil was late. He ran up the stairs of the apartment building. He'd been running since he landed in the space port. Hell, he wasn't even being shy about using the Force for it either. He was just a blur, sprinting to the destination. It was the middle of the night here, almost tomorrow. But as he knocked the door while gulping down air, he'd at least made it.

It wasn't ideal, but he'd come back in time to spend what remained of Life Day with Valery.

5WwvUTC.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Life day outfit
As Kahlil came sprinting up the stairs of the apartment building and got closer to Valery's home, the sound of life day music playing faintly in the background would quickly reach him, joined by the melodic humming of a woman. Even though he was late, there was no doubt within her that he wasn't going to be there. She just figured work had kept him busy longer than expected, and continued preparing some snacks and hot drinks.
But still, when she finally heard him knocking on the door, she paused and let out a soft sigh. He was safe and had made it.
Setting down her cup, she walked over to the door and opened it slowly to find her boyfriend still somewhat tired from his long sprint towards her apartment. Just seeing him made her eyes sparkle, and she greeted him with the loving smile she only carried when he was around.
"Hey babe, glad you made it."
She stepped into him and raised her hands to his face, cupping his cheeks so she could hold him in a lengthy kiss. When it finally broke, she settled back down and took his hand while a smirk rested on her face.
"Come inside, I've made us some hot chocolate and snacks."
With that, Valery turned on her heels and guided him over to the couch inside the decorated apartment. She had clearly spent a lot of time to give it the proper Life Day spirit, with decorations, music, and candle lights. It made the already cozy home feel just a little warmer.
"I hope work went well? You look tired," she said as she came back from the kitchen with two cups of freshly made hot chocolate. Snacks were already presented on the table by the couch, and she'd sit down to join him.
5WwvUTC.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

There she was.

His face lit right up the moment the door opened. A bright smile, if slightly embarrassed, that couldn't be wiped away for anything. Valery Noble Valery Noble just made him happy. Yet still. It was so late. Knowing that he kept her up this late, just to see him. He went to apologize, only for her to take his cheeks and pull him into a kiss. All at once he relaxed. He didn't protest, instead settling his hands on her waist to keep her from falling over and just.. Enjoyed the moment.

Kahlil hadn't looked away from her, even as he was pulled into the apartment. She was the only thing in his mind. Once they sat down though he did finally look around. Life Day in the Zambrano household wasn't.. Festive. There was a wonderment in his gaze as he saw everything. The lights, the music. It was wonderful. Valery was wonderful. She'd done all of this, all while he was away.

"I love you." He mumbled the words without thinking. Immediately his cheeks darkened. If she asked, he'd absolutely deny saying anything. Did he love her? Yeah. But.. He didn't want to burden her with that.

"The job was fine, pirates not so much. Was planning to get here yesterday to surprise you, but as ever things don't go to plan, heh."

5WwvUTC.png
Valery stopped right in front of him and turned around so she could put the cups of hot chocolate down on the table. It was only because of this, that she couldn't quite hear what he said behind her. She felt the emotion that came with it, blinked and turned around. "Hmm?" she asked with a curious tilt of her head.
But regardless of his answer, she sat down on the couch beside him with a cup of hot chocolate in her hands. She raised it to her lips to take a sip and listened to him talk about his work.
"Don't worry about it — I'm honestly just glad you're here." She had a genuine smile on her face and gestured for his own cup, "Give it a try, I made it myself." Valery then set her own cup down and leaned into him a little, not enough to prevent him from being able to try his drink, but enough to show that she was happy to have him close again.
That, and she just liked to look at him, which was much easier now.
"Oh and I've also got you a little something," Valery added suddenly, as she snapped out of the trance she often found herself in around him. She looked up at him with a wide smile and moved to sit upright, rather than against him, ready to go and get his present if he wanted to handle gifts now already.
5WwvUTC.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Love the decorations." He half muttered this, still slightly embarrassed from letting something so personal slip earlier. But then she snuggled against him, handed him hot chocolate, and he was tempted to say it again. Kahlil smiled warmly, leaning in turn back against Valery Noble Valery Noble with a faint and loving smile. Then he took a sip. Immediately he was all grins again, nodding his head.

"Delicious."

It was all he said as she then reached for a gift. He blinked, then reached into his pocket for his own. A small box, neatly wrapped. Small enough to fit in his palm. "I got you something too, actually."

5WwvUTC.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Lightsabers: Link!
Ship: Factory link
While it wasn't his original message, Valery didn't know that and seemed really happy that he liked the decorations. It had taken her quite some time to set up, but she wanted him to come home and feel the Life day Spirit they'd hopefully share together every year. It seemed to have worked.
She had him grinning
Then she pulled out the present she had gotten him - it was rectangular in shape, and fairly flat. But if Kahlil were to focus, even through the wrapping around the gift, he could sense that it carried a familiar presence with it. She turned to him and blinked as he also showed a gift.
With a cute blush on her face, she looked back up and into his eyes.
"You can open yours first." Valery offered it and watched somewhat nervously. It was a small gift but it hadn't been the easiest to make, and there was no way to really replace it either. As the wrapping came off, a photo display was left behind in his hand, one that shifted through a list of pictures she had taken. Some were of them together, and he'd likely recognize them, but she had taken several new pictures of herself too. But what likely caught his attention as well would be the crystal shard worked into the center of the frame.
It felt like Valery.
"Since we're also quite often apart, I figured something to remind you of me would be nice..." she smiled and spoke with a slightly embarrassed tone. "The crystal shard was once part of my old lightsaber's crystal, so it bonded with me and still carries my presence. No matter where you are, you'll be able to feel my presence as long as it's close."
5WwvUTC.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

He didn't argue. Kahlil wanted to focus more on how Valery Noble Valery Noble would react to his own gift for her, so there was some selfishness involved and opening his gift first. It was a curious thing, holding the package and opening it without knowing what was inside. It certainly felt like Valery Noble Valery Noble , yet still different enough for him to tell it wasn't her. How and why..?

The revealed crystal immediately brought a smile to his lips. He didn't respond verbally, instead reaching up to take hold of Val's cheek and pull her into a gentle, loving kiss. "It's perfect.." He lingered there, his forehead against hers as he'd done so many times in the past, just holding her close. But eventually his own excitement for her gift took over. He pulled back with a wider grin, holding up the package.

"Now you."

Within was a similar gift. A crystal, just like her own. But instead of it being a shard of his own Lightsaber it was something he had Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim 's help in retrieving. A simple necklace with a beautiful, multicolored crystal.

"It helps to protect you. I empowered it myself, so even though we're apart I can still keep you safe, y'know?" He chuckled lightly. It was his turn to be slightly embarrassed.

5WwvUTC.png
Without realizing it, Valery was chewing on her lower lip as Kahlil unwrapped his present — it wasn't often that she could gift people something more personal in a context like this, so it had her more nervous than she would ever be willing to admit. But when he opened it and pulled her into a gentle kiss, all the nerves washed away instantly. She relaxed into him and closed her eyes to return the loving kiss.
"I'm glad you think so," she said as their heads rested together.
After a moment, he pulled back and offered the gift that he had gotten her. She could feel her cheeks burning red, as she wasn't quite used to receiving gifts. Gently, she opened up the box and for several seconds, she found herself staring at the beautiful necklace with its colorful gem. Much like her crystal, it had a presence in the Force but this one was different.
Lips then began to tremble, and she could feel her eyes grow slightly teary, but she was able to keep it together as she turned to wrap her arms around his neck, pulling him into a long, warm embrace.
"It's perfect, I love it,"... I love you — she really did love him, but expressing it had been difficult. Saying those words meant everything to her, and she knew that someday soon she was going to tell him. He had to know how much she cared for him.
Valery then pulled out of the hug, snatched another kiss, and wiped away a tear at the corner of each eye. After a sniffle or two, she began to grin widely and playfully bumped into him with her side as she plopped down beside him again on the couch.
"You spoil me too much, you know?" she teased.
5WwvUTC.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I spoil you?" Kahlil laughed a little. He was all smiles now, more than before. If that was even possible. Valery Noble Valery Noble loved it. His first time actually giving someone a gift and she loved it. He reached over, casually picking up the woman to settle her in his lap and just cuddle. All while sipping at the hot chocolate. In this wonderful room decorated by her hand. He chuckled again, barely able to contain his joy.

"I think it's more that you spoil me."

5WwvUTC.png
Grinning from ear to ear, Valery looked at him as his arms reached over to lift her off the couch, and onto his lap. She couldn't stop herself from playfully chuckling, and wrapped her arms around his neck at first, hugging him before she settled against his chest, clearly comfy with her position.
"I'm just glad I can make you as happy as you make me." Valery said as her fingers gently traced over his chest.
"I want to stay with you forever, with nothing or nobody getting between us two." the woman said, her tone softer and genuine as she cuddled up against him. She knew work or other circumstances could separate them physically for some time, but it would never break her love for him.
5WwvUTC.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil let out a heavy sigh as he sipped at his hot chocolate. His eyes stayed focused outside the spaceport he was reminiscing in. All he'd wanted to do back then was tell her everything. How much she meant to him. How much he loved her. But the burden of his family had been too much for him to say anything. If he had, would he still be with Valery Noble Valery Noble now instead of trying to find where she'd hidden away? Would his father have taken over?

Kahlil_Div2.png

His hold around the woman tightened, just for a moment. The smile he had faded, though he made sure that was out of sight. He couldn't say anything. But he didn't want that to linger, that wish that he couldn't help. Instead he pulled back, giving another smile. It wasn't as full of joy as the last, but he pulled her into a soft kiss before any questions could be asked. One he let linger until the thoughts could be forgotten.

"So.. This something you usually do for life day?"

5WwvUTC.png
After spending so much time with him, and getting this close, she knew exactly when the atmosphere changed. Looking into his eyes following the tight hug, she saw a smile but it was different from the one before. She could, however, not ask about it as he pulled her into another kiss. This caused her eyes to close again, and the brief worry faded away.
When the kiss broke, she leaned back and looked around.
"Not quite, it's a lot of work and just... doesn't feel the same if you don't have someone to share it with," Valery admitted, but not with an overly sad tone, even though the message implied her loneliness at Life day.
"Now though? I hope we can celebrate life day together every year like this. Just us two." Valery said with a smile. Part of her wanted to ask about his childhood life days as well, but she had a feeling that was going to just resurface unpleasant thoughts and emotions.
"Unless you prefer it without all the decorations and extras." she then began to grin. "I'm not dropping the Life Day outfit though. It's way too cute."
5WwvUTC.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I'd like that." Even if he wasn't sure of the future and his own personal freedom, there was no doubt in his heart that he wanted to spend every life day with Valery Noble Valery Noble just like this. Together. Happy. He closed his eyes, holding her closer to his chest. "Next time I'll help you decorate, yeah? Gotta learn at some point." He chuckled. There was nothing about this night he'd change.

Only wish he could have more.

"Oh the outfit stays. We'll find somethin' matching for me at some point too, yeah?"

n0m34qi.png
Valery rested her head against his chest, her hand shifting up and over it as well. She enjoyed being in his embrace like this — to feel the calming rhythm of his heart and the way it fluctuated when she teased or looked into his eyes. It showed his affection, and it was met with her own love for him.
"Next year we'll make it a fun thing together and yes..." she began to grin. "I have some ideas for outfits, but some don't involve a shirt so you'd only be able to wear it here, with me." she chuckled and gently traced over his chest with the nail of her index finger to spark a small reaction.
"Maybe tomorrow we can go to the Life Day market. To look around, get something to eat together, and go for a long walk?" she asked as her gaze settled forward.
"For tonight though, let's just enjoy the snacks and well, each other."
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Ideas? Kahlil raised a brow curiously as he looked back to Valery Noble Valery Noble , then to the room. Then to what she was wearing. What kind of outfit was she planning that didn't involve him wearing a shirt? Either way he just shrugged and smiled. Well, more grinned as he caught her eye. "Tomorrow, a market, lunch, and a walk. A perfect sounding date. Today?" Without any kind of warning he lifted her up, moving the woman to the couch with an even-

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil burst into a coughing fit, pulling a couple eyes as he cleared his throat and airway. He waved them off, apologized softly, and looked rather embarrassed. Right. It was also that kind of night. Most nights with Valery were. Not the kind of thing to think about in public. He settled back in his chair, sipping much more slowly at his caf. He really did miss her. ".. It's not Life Day yet. We'll spend this one together."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom