Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One step closer

Coruscant

"Stop where you are! We have you surrounded!"

Cars and helicopters circled Akon in a tight formation. However, they didn't have him as surrounded as they thought they did. A thin smile crossed his face as he looked around him. Dashing at one of the cars, weaving between blaster fire, he easily caught one blaster and knocked two of his pursuers unconscious, then continued running. They may be 'Coruscant's finest', but they were no match for him. But why were they chasing him? Lets back up a little bit.

One hour earlier
Akon walked through the grimy streets of Coruscant, trying to stay unnoticed. If anything, he really preferred to be alone. He still needed to get back home, or at least the place where he was staying, so he could recharge his music player. He practically survived on that thing. Without it, he was sure he'd go insane. Looking around him, he seemed to be in the central square of that particular area of Coruscant. As good a place to start, if any.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

(OOC: Sorry for the wait, school has kept me busy.)

On patrol... again. It seemed Rasu was always getting the Undercity jobs these day's. All her other Jedi friends were off on distant planets all the time, or so it seemed to the Shi'ido Padawan. It wasn't her Master's fault that he was always sent on missions, those that were too important or too dangerous for a Padawan to get involved in. So Rasu was always left behind, being tasked with wandering the dark, grimy streets of Coruscant's underworld, making sure everything was as it should be, cold and menacing as always. The Padawan, wondered why nothing had ever been done about dealing with the crime and corruption down in these parts of the city world, if Coruscant was the center of democracy and equality then shouldn't the world at least be crime free to set an example to the rest of the galaxy? Then again crime seems to exist on every planet so Rasu deserted her naive day-dreaming and turned to focusing on the job at hand.

So far nothing seemed out of the ordinary, everyone was fulfilling their daily tasks, or trying their hardest to remain unnoticed by those around them. Suddenly out of the blue, Rasu was hit by the presence of a dark aura, someone quite intune with the dark side of the Force. With her senses on high alert and adrenaline beginning to course itself through her veins, the Padawan began to extend her awareness in search of the source of this dark projection. Rasu began to slowly weave her way through a large crowd, packed in a busy market square. "Rush hour, damn it!" she muttered to herself, continuing on her search, one hand placed slightly above her lightsaber hilt, which remained deactivated and hooked on her belt. The Shi'ido could slowly feel herself closing in on the source of dark energy, so quickly changed her form into that of a Rutian Twi'lek, hoping to better disguise herself in the crowd. Ignoring the gasps of confusion and surprise, she quickly escaped the bustling market square and started to run down a dark side street, the dark pulse getting stronger as she closed in on the source.

It wasn't long before she set her eyes upon a young human male, stretching out her senses in his direction, she confirmed that he was the one that was emanating the dark aura so slowly and now more cautiously approached him. Making sure her lightsaber was visible, she called out to the man, hoping to catch his attention and stop him in his tracks. "Stop right there, thanks. You're not going any further. I don't know how you got onto Coruscant but I'm afraid you can't stay here any longer." She fixed the man with a firm glare, as he waited to see what his response would be.

@[member="Akon Devoda"]

(OOC: It's cool, don't worry :))

Akon was ready to cross the street to the other side, when a voice stopped him. Turning around, he laid his eyes on a beautiful blue twi'lek with a lightsaber. Perfect, Jedi. Rolling his eyes, he closed the small gap between them. "Why do you Jedi always want to hassle everyone? I was born here, I have just as much right to be on Coruscant as you do." He didn't own any weapons, but he made no motion to let her know that. For all she knew, he could've had a blaster tucked in his back pocket, but he didn't care. He'd had enough of people taking him for a bad guy simply for his appearance.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

The man didn't seem to be too startled by the Jedi's sudden appearance, in fact he actually just looked slightly irritated. This just infuriated Rasu even further, this Sith had the nerve to stand on the ground of the Republic capital, something Sith philosophy despised and he just looked at the Shi'ido as he would a common pest. It was extremely rare for Rasu to lose her temper, but this man had finally made her crack. She let her anger known to the man, yelling at him and causing a few heads to pop out of windows, curious as to what might be happening below.

"HA! Such a funny story 'Sith'. How many people actually bought that stupid lie? I could sense you miles away and I don't think you realise that we don't train your kind at the Temple so it's hard to believe that a Sith couldn't have been born on Coruscant and not have left." She made sure that she put pure venom into her rant, hoping that this would be enough for him to finally drop his facade and just admit the truth. "How about you put down whatever weapons you're carrying? We don't want to make a scene now do we? So come along quietly and I'll take you to the elders where they can decide your fate." She began to slowly walk towards him, backing him into the wall so that his possible movements were limited.

@[member="Akon Devoda"]

The words cut through Akon, and he glared at the Jedi. Though she seemed r be trying to push him backward, he stood his ground. "I'm not a Sith and I don't have any weapons. I don't trust anyone enough to train me, and I wouldn't dare hurt someone unless I absolutely had to." His eyes burned into hers. "And frankly, you're pissing me off."

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

This Sith is extremely stubborn, Rasu thought to herself. Why won't he just give in and admit defeat? The man was trying his hardest to get the Shi'ido to believe his story, but it just didn't sit quite right with the Padawan. If this man really was telling the truth and he was in fact not a Sith, then how was his Force aura so dark and finely shaped? This wasn't the aura of a man who had never come in contact with any dark side user, he had to have been taught by someone for his aura to be shaped this way. His story just didn't make sense. Then again if he was telling the truth then that did explain the reason for his presence on the city world. No Sith could have made it onto the planet without the Jedi noticing so maybe that part of his tale was in fact true.

What?!?! How can I actually be buying his story? she thought. However Rasu couldn't ignore the fact that parts of the man's story did make sense and explained many irregularities as well. Looking back up at the man with new eyes, she said, "Okay Okay. There's no need to get so feisty. I'm starting to think that some of what you're saying is true. But first how about you tell me a bit about yourself so that i can fully trust your word."

@[member="Akon Devoda"]

Akon sighed, irritated. Why couldn't he ever be left alone? "I don't enjoy my past. I was born here, but to say I actually had loving parents would be a complete lie. I've been mistreated ever since I can remember. Usually, people have the decency to leave me be, but I often attract Jedi because they say I have a 'dark aura'. I don't even know what the hell that is." He stared at her for a few seconds, and something clicked with him. Not the way she looked, but the way she acted as a twi'lek, he believed he knew what she really was.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu listened to his story, still making sure she didn't entirely let her guard down around him. She may have changed her mind as to who he truly was, but that didn't mean he wasn't dangerous, he still maintained his excessively dark aura making the Shi'ido's skin prickle. Rasu couldn't help but wonder as to whether this man could be redeemed. If his story was in fact true then he had never come in contact with any dark side user, his aura was the product of the mistreatment he had received throughout his adolescence. With that said, if the man was willing to accompany Rasu back to the Temple, the Jedi there could help treat his extremely dark being and maybe even help tap all that power that could be seen lying dormant within the man. She would have to word the next few sentences extremely carefully if she was going to succeed, this man had great potential and if she was going to save him from himself, she would need to turn him over to the light.

With that said she began to form the words in her mouth, "Would you like to know? I can take you to the Temple right now if you wish. I know what I said before was out of line, but I can see that you have great potential as a Jedi. We can help you master your powers, and use it for the greater good of the galaxy. I can take you out of the Undercity right now and you can become part of a much larger family. What do you say?" she held out her hand for him to grasp, thus sealing the deal. But Rasu began to doubt whether he would actually take it, only time would tell.

@[member="Akon Devoda"]

Akon was ready to accept. He was ready to be accepted. He reached forward his hand.... then let it drop back to his side. "No", he said, a scowl on his face. "I'm not made to follow the light path. I thrive through pain. I-" Cutting him off in his speech was a massive fist through the jaw. "Well then that's a good thing, 'cuz you both about to go through some serious pain!" Standing next to the two was a business man, who was obviously accompanied by a few others. "We don't need your kind around here! Jedi! Why aren't you arresting this gangster?!" The man's words cut like steel through bone. Akon, now angered, stared at his attacker in disbelief, his eyes flashing red. Taking a step forward, he reeled his fist back and launched it at the man's face, which sent him flying a few yards.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu's heart dropped, he had been so close to redemption, but then pulled away at the last minute. Before she had any time to ask for a reason, the man had been hit to the ground, punched in the jaw by a new arrival. This businessman was accompanied by three others, most likely his bodyguards, who stood with their arms crossed, conveying a threatening persona, but Rasu could sense their alarm and surprise as their client lashed out at the young man. Before the Shi'ido could do anything to calm the afflicted man, he had been flung backwards, flying through the air as if he had been pushed by some invisible force.

"NO!" Rasu shouted as she drew upon the Force to catch the man before he made contact with the duracrete wall. The man hovered slightly before dropping to the ground with a thud, being pulled to his feet by his bodyguards. A sudden wave of dark energy passed through Rasu, turning to find the source, her eyes fell upon the conflicted human male whose fist was still extended towards the businessman and the other three beings. His hot, fiery glare seemed burn through the man as his eyes turned a dark red, his loathing directed solely at his attacker. Grabbing the man's arm, Rasu gently lowered it down, softly speaking to him, in an attempt to sooth his rage. "You don't have to do this, I can tell this isn't the person you want to be. Fight the rage and people won't see you as this man has." No matter what effect her words had on the human, she had achieved what she had planned to do. The businessmen and his protectors had fled the scene while she had tried to calm him, already long gone and hardly visible under the light of the street lamps.

@[member="Akon Devoda"]

Grim satisfaction filled Akon's face as he watched the man soar through the air. He hated hurting people. Hated it more than pain itself. But when someone attacked him first, they got to see first hand how dangerous he could really be. However, the man didn't seem to fly for long as he was soon caught in the air by the Jedi. Staring at her in disbelief, his eyes finished to burn red. "What the hell was that?! He deserved to be punished." Looking over at her, he could tell his eyes were sincere, but it didn't affect him whatsoever in his current state. "I can't let go of what's part of me. This is why you shouldn't have messed with me." Stepping back, he let loose a wild punch that didn't hit her, but was followed by a sudden force push.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu attempts to calm this man, just couldn't get through to him. His eyes still glowed red as he sent a punch towards the Shi'ido woman. Rasu's body tensed,ready to take the hit, but the air was suddenly knocked out of her when she felt a great force collide with her gut, sending her flying backwards. Completely caught unawares, Rasu quickly performed a back flip so to cease the momentum and stop herself before she collided with a duracrete wall only meters behind her. There really was no way to get through to this man right now, not only had he lashed out at the businessman, but now he had resorted to attacking the Jedi. There was nothing else she could do now, except maybe try and take him in by force, then at least he wouldn't be a danger to others around him and he wouldn't get caught up in so much trouble. Taking off her long brown cloak, she let it fall to the ground beside her, revealing a light gray tunic underneath. Unclipping her lightsaber, she lowered the power settings so that it wouldn't completely wound the man, before activating it an bathing the street in a bright yellow glow.

"This is your last chance before I am forced to bring you in through more violent means. You can still walk away from this life, you don't have to live with the pain." she waited, hoping for the man to finally give in. She didn't want to have to fight him, but she would if she had too.

@[member="Akon Devoda"]

Directly after Akon let his fist fly, he realized what he'd done. Shaking his head, he began to back up, staring at the lightsaber. "No..." His eyes still red, he tried to fight the rage, shove it back into himself like he always did, while slowly backing away from the Jedi.

"Stop where you are! We have you surrounded!"

Before he could react, a bright spot light flashed into his face. As he looked around him and the Jedi, he saw through the darkness that they were absolutely cornered in by Coruscant police.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu was suddenly blinded when a large spotlight drowned the pair of Force-users in bright light. Taken unawares, the Shi'ido quickly brought her free hand to cover her eyes while she used the Force to strengthen her sight against the glare of the artificial beam. Lowering her hand she found what seemed to be countless Coruscanti police surrounding the area. Beings appeared on the roof of the buildings around them and blocked the alleyway exit, all while pointing their blasters at the man in front of her.

Projecting her voice using the Force, she made sure that all the enforcer's could hear her say, "SET BLASTERS FOR STUN ONLY! THIS MAN IS A THREAT BUT HE MUST BE BROUGHT BEFORE THE HIGH COUNCIL." Hoping they had heard her, she began to continue her approach towards the young man, deactivating her weapon and raising her hands to show that she meant him no harm. The situation had gotten worse rapidly, but Rasu wasn't one to give up so easily just because the circumstances changed. No matter how dark a person could be, there was still always hope and a chance of redemption. She wouldn't give up on him.

As long as the man remained where he was, there would be no need for the soldiers to open fire. This could all be concluded without a single shot being fired. It all depended on what this man would do next and Rasu hoped that he would do the right thing.

@[member="Akon Devoda"]

High council? Akon shook his head again, backing away even more. "You're not taking me in. No chance. No way. I'm not going against some Jedi high council." Turning around, he ran towards the closest group of police. Raising their weapons, they began firing. Once. Twice. In a matter of seconds, he was upon them. Dodging every blaster bolt that came his way, he jumped on two of them, knocked them out, and kept running.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

"Don't lose sight of him!" she yelled as the man suddenly made a break for it, jumping over the column of policemen, knocking two of them out cold. Clipping her lightsaber back on her belt, Rasu sprinted after the fleeing human, calling upon the Force to help close the gap between the pair. She had to catch up to him, she couldn't let him run off now with the Coruscanti Security Force on his heels. Without her presence there, they might do someone rash and seriously wound him or worse even kill him. The massive spotlight had now moved from it's original position and the sound of repulsor engines had suddenly come to life. Before long a large disc of light was shadowing the fleeing man, making it that much easier for the Jedi to spot the Force-user, leaving without any places to hide. Soon the man would tire and that was when Rasu and the security force would move in, and make sure he inflicted no more harm on anyone on the city world.

@[member="Akon Devoda"]

In the distance, Akon could hear the Jedi's yelling. He had to find cover. Looking around, he found a small crowd on a side street. Turning into the street, he quickly walked IMO the crowd and shifted into the form of another human he had seen earlier.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Seeing her target dart into a side street, she followed him, and nearly ran headfirst into a young Ikotchi. Damn it, he's hidden himself within the crowd, she thought. It wasn't long before the shuttle burst out from behind one of the buildings and pointed the spotlight out at the crowd. Suddenly in panic, the crowd began to disperse, Rasu jumped up onto a nearby balcony and began to scan the fleeing crowd, hoping to catch a glimpse of the man. However her attempt came back fruitless, so she instead reached out in the Force, searching for the dark aura that she had come to recognise the man by. It wasn't long before she found him and began to close in on him.

Turning around a corner, she spotted a figure running a few metres ahead of her however it was too dark to make out whether it was actually the man she had been chasing. Stretching out her Force awareness, she sent it towards the figure and was suddenly hit by the recognisable wave of dark emotions. That's him, she thought. Calling upon the Force she sent a massive surge of Force energy down the street, knocking over trash compactors and pots along it's path as it made contact with the figure running ahead. Rasu hoped that it would at least stop the chase as she had become tired of running and just wanted this day to finally be over. Let's just hope I get my wish, she thought.

@[member="Akon Devoda"]

(OOC: Sorry!)

Seeing he had been made, Akon shifted back into his usual form and took off into the night once more. His heart pumping overtime, he did all he could to disorient his pursuers, especially that no-good Jedi.He dodged through buildings and parking lots, but the air security continued to stay on his tail. Eventually, he found himself on the roof of a seven story building. Cursing silently, he turned around to face the inevitable, the Jedi followed by several officers.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

(OOC: Not a problem)
Continuing to trail the man, Rasu began to scale the massive apartment structures, grabbing a hold of fire escapes and balconies alike as she followed the man as he ascended upwards. Planting her feet on the roof of the building, she caught sight of the man only a few feet away from her. Multiple scraping sounds behind her, caused both Rasu and the man she was tracking to turn to find several other security troops pulling themselves up onto the roof to join the pair. As if things couldn't get any more worse, two shuttles, filled to the brim with security personnel, hovered above the building, their giant spotlights beaming down on the man. Great, so much for subtly, she thought, rolling her eyes. Ignoring the troops and the shuttles, the Shi'ido began to walk towards the man that she now knew was a member of her own species. How else would he have been able to change his appearance so quickly?

"Okay, there's no where else to run. They'll be at this all night you realise?" she said calmly, gesturing to the men behind her. "The odds are against you now. Just give up." Activating her lightsaber, a yellow glow washed over the surrounding area, the light inching up the man's body as she slowly approached him. "Please just come with me, I really don't want this to get any nastier then it already is?" Holding her hand out again now, she told herself that this would be the last time that she would offer him this chance. It was either this or a jail cell. Rasu knew what option she would have picked if she were in his situation.

@[member="Akon Devoda"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom