Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Step Closer

Brent bade farewell to Martha and Logan the next day. He spent the night before with them drinking and telling more stories. He gave them gifts he had collected over the years he hadn’t seen them. Special things that they would remember him by, just in case this Sith was the end of him.

“If I survive this next task, I plan to come back and stay here with you a while my friend,” Brent told Logan, “I want to just help around the place and live this life a little if you’ll have me.”

“You know we would love that,” Martha chimed in.

“I’m actually planning to add on to the house. Me and Martha…well Martha is…you know. Pregnant.”

“Logan why didn’t you tell me?” Brent exclaimed, “I would never have bothered you for this!”

“Which is exactly why we didn’t tell you,” Martha said with a smile.

“You two have done more for me than I can ever repay,” Brent said. He looked at these two people that had been some of his closest friends for decades.

“You saved me Brent, and Martha from those raiders so long ago. Without you we would never have met each other, me and her. And I would never have been alive. You will never owe us anything,” Logan said somberly, glancing at his wife with so much love in his eyes.

“You would have done the same for me, and you know it,” Brent said, “I promise to come back. And I’ll have a surprise for you when I do to celebrate the baby.”

Martha came forward and hugged Brent hard, and Logan shook his hand and slid an arm over Martha’s shoulder as Brent made ready to leave.

“Now, less emotion. You two be careful until I come back. And don’t start on that expansion until I come back Logan,” Brent told him mock sternly as he climbed into his speeder.

“You have 5 months until I start without you!” Logan yelled at him as Brent laughed and turned the speeder on and sped off towards the spaceport where his ship was docked.

Brent looked back at the couple as they walked back into their house, which they would find to their surprise, an extra gift Brent had left for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom