Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private One Spray Away

"A stone? hmph..." the teen said amusingly as he watched her take it out and place the saber in her hands. It was bizarre the way she was talking to the weapon, almost as if it was alive and able to speak. When she spoke of his bright colors his smile seemed to shift, unsure of what to make of such a positive comment "At least that's a positive" he said before his face flashed a frown. It seemed like he was guilty of being such a thing, considering how angry he had been with himself and other people.

Quickly snapping back the smile he leaned down slightly and put a hand over his mouth to block the Jedi's view of his lips, even though she could still perfectly hear him.

"Hey, buddy... do me a favor and tell your friend here to let me go. She's too grumpy for me to convince her, so if you put in a word for me a shiny new handle for the lightsaber will be in it for you" the boy smirked before lowering his hand once more, chuckling a few times to the girls disdain.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

<You're funny, but not that funny.> Domxite responded, right in Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll 's mind. And Iris's. She actually smirked for a moment. Briefly taking pride in the fact that her friend finally decided to put a voice behind themselves and y'know. Maybe throw the boy for a loop.

"You're angry and afraid. But you didn't kill anyone. Tell me why, please. I don't.. If it's to help stop trafficking's, at least tell me how."

"Wait huh?!" Cartri said in confusion when a voice spoke to him about his humor, making the boy turn his head to see if anyone else was around him "What was that? was that you?" he questioned back to the Jedi, slightly tense from someone getting into his mind.

Although, before his question could be answered she asked him a serious question about his reasoning behind the attacks. Cartri sighed and looked at the Jedi with a more straight face this time

"I was telling the truth about the owner shrinking wages to the point where it was unlivable. But, I did keep something away from you. For a while, they have also been linked to trafficking, young, old, and anyone who is strong enough from various planets. The fact of the matter is, even though it's painfully obvious we have still yet to find evidence. I'm sorry for not telling you, but it's not really your business..."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

It was Iris's turn to laugh. She didn't explain anything more about Domxite, well. Not because she was trying to keep Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll in the dark. But as he started to talk about the human trafficking, through that place? Her laughter was gone. No smile, only a tight, thin frown. ".. How can I help?"

Cartri only stared at her in deep thought, weighing in his mind if he should trust another Jedi to get into his business. Soon enough, his head slowly shook "No... I can't involve another Jedi in my business again" even though they were fine to work with, he couldn't keep involving them in Darkwire plans. It wouldn't be good for them in the long term.

"No offense... you guys are cool and nothing but professional but I can't keep involving myself with you guys. It's just the way it is."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Let me help or I take you to jail." Iris was being stubborn. Which, to anyone who knew her, it'd be pretty out of character. But the idea that these Corpo were selling people into slavery, and that Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll was somehow involved in stopping them, well. She couldn't let it go. Even if he told her no she wouldn't turn him in, that was the choice she'd already made. Still, she wanted to help.

"Please." It was hard to tell what she was feeling at this point. Her voice, her expression. It was a mix of desperation and.. Anger. Between his teasing and just the idea that there were people in cages right now had her on edge. Too much so for even Domxite to help her handle. Her gaze lowered, staring down at the street beneath them. "I won't get in the way.."

Taken back by her desperation she showed to be a part of his mission, he wasn't expecting a Jedi to lower herself down to such tricks. The fact that she wanted no part of his cause only moments ago and now all of a sudden was itching to join him was very conflicting, one that made him tighten his fists slightly in frustration

"I didn't know Jedi were so accustomed to blackmailing..." he grunted back to her before bravely taking a few steps towards the warrior "You know what, I could have escaped a number of times without a hitch by now but I chose to stay and honor my agreement to explain my reasoning. Now you're threatening to throw me in jail, where there's a good possibility they'll throw me to traffickers after they've finished with me!" the boy said with a boom in his voice.

"What have you got to do with traffickers in the first place? Are you doing this "kind act" to boost your reputation with the rest of your Jedi pals?!"

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"That's not..!" Well, it was what she said. A wave of regret visibly washed over the Padawan as she lowered her gaze. Shied away from Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll as he stepped forward. His anger was in the right place. Justified. Why did she have to speak without thinking? Her eyes stayed glued to the street between them, her gloved hand with only four fingers gripping the wrist of her other.

"I just.. Know what it's like, waiting to be sold.."

"What?..." he said close to a gasp, his eyes lowering with guilt from coming down on the Jedi too hard. She wasn't doing it for the Jedi, but for herself. Cartri looked down to her four fingers that gripped her hand, a frown slowly crossing the boy's lips after realising what she meant from that comment.

Gently, Cartri raises a hand and places it on her shoulder as a way to reassure the Jedi that he was sorry "I see this kind of subject means a lot to you, If I made you upset in any way I'm sorry" he said softly with a slight shake, a gaze shifting to the missing finger that was on show "Did they do that to you?"

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris blinked slowly. She didn't expect an apology. Though, her gaze shifted up to Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll , then down to her hand. She tucked that part behind her back, hiding the missing finger with a slight frown. ".. No." The missing finger was from something else. Instead, she lowered the other hand, showing the faint scar across her wrist. "This was what I got. .. They put the chain on too tight."

"Oh, wow..." muttered Cartri from looking at the scar, his head lowering slightly from the hurt she must have felt being in that system. It almost kind of reminded him of himself, but being locked away in an orphanage on your own seemed like a speck compared to what she went through.

"Everyone has a past, some darker than most. Trust me, I know it's hard to move on especially when you're faced with some reminder every day"

Cartri still had a long way to go when it came to moving on. Which made him wonder, would the girl be on the same path as him?

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Yeah."

No, she didn't linger on that. Didn't dare to. Her past, Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll 's past. Her friends, her Master's, there were all manner of dark pasts that people had to live through. What mattered is they did live through it. They could still push forward. Be happy. Help others. She nodded at her own thoughts before lifting her gaze back to the boy, flashing a brief smile.

"So let me help you."

"No... it's too late for that" he muttered while looking back down the street from where the pair had come from. He pondered for a few moments and debated on what he could do. In the end, there was only one thing that could benefit them both. Looking back to the Jedi, a calm smile formed in the corner of his lips

"I can make you a promise though. When we meet again, I pledge to help you take down these karks. It will take me time to gather evidence, and there's some chance I may find none. But you need to understand this, I'm a man of my word and you can bet I'll keep to it." he said to the girl, knowing there was a good chance she wouldn't stay on the planet for long to get it done soon.

"Deal?" extending his arm, he offered a handshake to close the deal, an unbreakable vow that he'd strive to live up to.

"Thanks... you have my word Jedi"

Drawing back his hand, he stepped away from Iris and underhand threw her the red spray can he had in his grip. If she caught it, his head would offer her a respectful nod as he began to walk away from her

"Well Jedi, it was good doing business with you. Please, take the spray can as a thank you for letting me go. You never know when a bit of paint will come into use"

With a light chuckle, he finally turned and ran away into the dimly lit streets of Denon, leaving the Jedi alone to ponder in her own thoughts. Who knew if they'd meet again, but it was going to be one hell of a reunion if he managed to go through with his promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom