Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One part fuel, two parts power, three parts soul crushing labor

"If I were angry at you; I wouldn't have referred you for this job. I assumed you needed time to adjust, so we are good." Jennifer had hoped he would have said that, it did make sense after all. Yes, true, at first she had known that it would be weird to take the job, but she had also known that this time it would be under different circumstances, no stress as last time, or well. The stress here was different, this time determined by time and not emotions. Certainty was probably the right word for it. She knew what she dealt with this time around.

"Do you need any help with any of this?" Offering his help yet again, was he? She smiled at herself, calling up from her spot at the marked floor: "Err. Yea. See those stickers on the floor in a v formation here next to me? Place one on each. Then I will weld 'em together." She nodded a few times as if confirming her own words, looking up as if judging whether to continue to speak or not. And it seemed as she had decided not to, Jennifer continued to smile at herself, changing her gaze to look back down towards the pipes, continuing to work on the structure of pipes. Hmmm. Wonder what Judah were doing.

[member="Kung Seilois "]:: [member="Judah Dashiell"]​

[member="Kung Seilois "] | [member="Jen"]

Leaving his two highly suspicious work companions to themselves, Judah busied himself on finishing his tasks. The cockpit console frame was taking shape, an actual three dimensional figure instead of durasteel tubing laying on the floor. Wielded in place,he was finishing grinding down the attached spots to a smooth finish. It was essential that there was a flush fit with the frame the other two were making, as he was about to tac it in and get to the real work.

"Yeah, grab the other side and move it into position so it can be installed." Judah grabbed ahold of a section, lifting so it could be drug to the frame. The VCE droids would be coming along to attach it securely.

Kung Seilois

Freelancer Extraordinaire
"Err. Yea. See those stickers on the floor in a v formation here next to me? Place one on each. Then I will weld 'em together." Seilois nodded to show that he understood what she needed from him, and he set to work. Holding it in place as she or the droids welded them together. Working at their pace it shouldn't take long for them to finish the tube frame.

Seilois took a moment to glance at their 'co-worker' who seemed to have gotten fairly far in the construction. The man seemed to mostly keep to himself, content to work and get it over with. Seilois understood that as he, himself, was fond of such a work ethic. For some reason, Seilois had let his guard down. He generally didn't speak very often during jobs, keeping conversation to a minimum to ensure the work got done, and he got paid faster.

[member="Judah Dashiell"] [member="Jen"]

Seemed that there was quiet for some time as they continued to work, the only thing heard being the sound of metal hitting the ground or eachother and the hiss from the welder, beeps from droids and so on. Minor sounds that was related to the work anyway.

Jennifer smiled and took a deep breath through her nose, a faint whistling noise heard from it. She was looking towards the pipe frame that was now finished being welded together. They too had started with the front end of the starship. Now being finished with the outerframe of the front part. Starting to draw up the lines on the frame on where to place the walls, insulating and protecting materials she spoke up, she looked concentrated with working, but also curious as she asked: "Sei. I got a question. Why are you wearing that helmet right now? It's not like there are any paparazzi around."
She grinned at herself, grabbing a pair of oilstained work gloves from one of the many pockets on her hip, putting them on. "Oh. Also. Judah. Do you know if this one should be fully functional? It /is/ just a prototype after all."

[member="Kung Seilois "]:: [member="Judah Dashiell"]

Kung Seilois

Seilois wasn't sure how far they had come along as the odd contraption of pipes were, well, it was hard to see it becoming a ship, even one as small as a fighter. With the last of the pipes in place, he stepped back, letting Jennifer have room to work as she started to draw lines everywhere. He wasn't sure what the little marks all meant, but he was sure she did which was good enough for him, as far as he was concerned.

"Sei. I got a question. Why are you wearing that helmet right now? It's not like there are any paparazzi around." Seilois snapped his gaze to her, his helmet? Why did that matter? He never took it off in public unless it was a special circumstance, or he was going out of his way to avoid someone knowing who he was. Generally, it was only off when he was sleeping, bathing, eating, or on his ship.

"I am feel better with it on," Seilois said with a small shrug, he wasn't sure if she would notice the shrug, but such an action was done before he could think about it, "And, I am not the kind of man to attract the paparazzi's attention. Is there something wrong with my helmet?"

[member="Jen"] [member="Judah Dashiell"]

"I feel better with it on," A sense of security? Everyone had their odd ways of feeling secure. Jennifer put down the marker for a second, adjusting her tight trousers with the many pockets attached around the hip and on the legs. Seilois would probably have noticied it by now at least, attached to her left leg was a tiny holster and in that a pistol.

He could probably recognize it despite it being repainted, white and with an orange stripe across it, but there it was, his old pistol. Yea. We all had some way or another to feel safe. This probably wasn't Jennifers though, but it added to it, certainly.

And was that just an uncertain Seilois she had spotted? The shrug had at least indicated something like that. She had after all looked towards him every now and then. It was unpolite to not look at those you talked with.

"And, I am not the kind of man to attract the paparazzi's attention. Is there something wrong with my helmet?" Jennifer had just picked up the marker again, she didn't continue to draw though, turning around to look towards him with her eyes squinted as she tried to look through the dark glass on it, of course not being able to.

"It looks.. Scary? I suppose? And your voice becomes so dark and. And it's also hard to figure out what you're thinking. It's. You seemed different without it on.. I.. Don't try to be someone you're not, it will only end up hur-... Ermm.." Jennifer scratched the back of her head, eyes diverting elsewhere as she spun on her feet, quickly continuing on her work:

"Oh.. Yea.. Ermm.. I need some of the 24x longsheet metal plates from the storage. The thin ones?" She hastily muttered afterwards perhaps realizing she had went too deep into his personal space before. At least it seemed as if she had either regretted it or was embarrassed. Either way she didn't look towards him as she talked this time, contradicting her own thoughts from just before.

Kung Seilois

When Jennifer shifted positions, it was easier to see a pistol tucked to her side. It had been given a paint-over, but he knew the model of it as it was one he used before he shifted over to Armtech weaponry. It was a good pistol for her as it didn't have much of a kick. It was interesting to see that she had kept it much less paint over and make it hers. It had killed a few people in his possession, so perhaps it was a good paint over.

"It looks.. Scary? I suppose? And your voice becomes so dark and. And it's also hard to figure out what you're thinking. It's. You seemed different without it on.. I.. Don't try to be someone you're not, it will only end up hur-... Ermm.."

Scary? Well, yes, he supposed it did which is why he enjoyed it. Intimidation was a powerful tool in his line of work, but what she said later was.. odd. He had seemed different? That wasn't surprising, he was different without it on. He knew it and did not like it, he was comfortable being Seilois. Kung was a being of necessity... still it brought up an odd series of thoughts and memories that he was not overly fond of remembering.

"Oh.. Yea.. Ermm.. I need some of the 24x longsheet metal plates from the storage. The thin ones?" Seilois nodded and turned to do what she asked. He didn't know what to say in this case, so he opted to not say anything at all. In only a few short steps he was out of the room and back in the hallway.

Jennifer wasn're sure how to proceed socially after this, the silence from Seilois speaking for itself. So naturally work continued in some sort of silence, at least from her, not asking for anything else after she had gotten the longsheet plates. As she was finally finished with drawing everything up it meant she could begin to set up the main walls.

First an isolating layer and then two layers of the thin sheets on either side. This would also take some time, but because of Judah's droids it luckily took less time than what would otherwise have been a tiresome process. Placing bolt by bolt and making sure everything would fit perfectly with each component could be quite the task, however it wouldn't surprise Jennifer if they could overcome such in time.

Next time she should just have shut her mouth in time, huh.. She let out a sigh. And continued work in silence.

[member="Kung Seilois "] @Jen

"This should be completely functional. Gives us a chance to test it out, tweak the design or components before handing it over."

Focused on his work now that the VCE droids had wielded the cockpit frame to the body frame, Judah now had several components sitting in front of them. Fitting them all into the dash would be a real issue, like a puzzle.Parts and wires were scattered about in a mildly organized fashion as the two others bickered. Smirking a little to himself as he marked a location for the main readout display, he thought of a way to really shut the two up. One that would be fun for him and perhaps a little uncomfortable for both of his partners.

Shaggy head came up from his task to look at the two.

"You two sound familiar. Like my wife and I when we first met."

Kung Seilois

It had taken time to ferry the iron plates back and forth as he could only carry eight or so at a time with risking them sliding off each other and creating a small mess. They had both fallen into silence, Seilois because he question had awakened memories best left untouched, and Jennifer... he wasn't sure why she no longer spoke. Did she feel embarrassed at saying more then she intended? Was she angry at him not removing his helmet after she had voiced her opinion on it?

The work proceeded fairly quickly in their strained silence as the plates were bolted onto the frame. Seilois helped where he could such as holding the plates that were a little out of her reach for the droids to bolt down, but often he was left standing and watching in silence waiting to see if she would need a hand for this or that.

Seilois opened his mouth to say that he was, literally, twice her age, but he decided not to. It may have been meant as a compliment or a conversation starter, "In what way?" he asked.

Jennifer had raised a questioning eyebrow in response to that statement, more to herself though as she seemingly stood clung the metal sheets she were attaching.

Not daring to look up, for one reason or another. She blew a strand of hair away from her face as she leaned a bit backwards, seeing the fighter taking form. However there would go some time until she would be able see the REAL finished result of all the hard labor, a copy of such being displayed on a holo simulation on a table not far away, a rough 3D sketch that was. For now though, she was just listening to the two. Being intrigued as to why Judah had said as he had.

13b_curtaincall-l.jpg

[member="Kung Seilois "] @Jen

Slightly amused by their reaction, Judah waited a long moment. He tacked the display into place and let the wires hang for now. He was squatting in the area where the pilots chair went, debating on the best way to string all of his electrical components. Letting the statement and Seillois' question hang in the hair for a long moment, he finally answered.

"The bickering. Its like a dance and you two are waltzing around the hangar with it." There was a slight shrug to his shoulders.He simply saw something more than friendship between the two, despite their objections. It didn't mean anyone would act on such feelings of course. "Yet its not my place to interject into your personal lives. Lets get back to work...."

Kung Seilois

"The bickering. Its like a dance and you two are waltzing around the hangar with it." Seilois furrowed his brow not sure what he meant by all of that. Bickering? He had been bickering? It was an odd thought. He wasn't used to any sort of conversation that wasn't job related much less for it to be described as a dance, a waltz, even. Granted, he had never danced in his life, but he had seen others do it at various parties and gatherings that he worked guard detail for, so he had some idea as to what he meant.

"Yet its not my place to interject into your personal lives. Lets get back to work...." Then why did he speak in the first place? Seilois narrowed his eyes, "Agreed."

It felt odd to have a third part comment on his actions that, for once, weren't related to his employment, it was an odd feeling and one he did not wish to examine overly much. He turned back to watch Jennifer work, the fighter starting to take shape.

[member="Judah Dashiell"] [member="Jen"]

"The bickering. Its like a dance and you two are waltzing around the hangar with it."

Well that did sound romantic, this Judah could something with words after all despite his silence at first. Jennifer smiled slightly and softly at herself, staring at the plates for a second in silent thought before gliding a step to the right, hastily giving a plate a tiny nudge with the back of her welder, adjusting it a bit, the clang from the metal heard echoing through the hangar... Now it wouldn't soon before it would be time to make room for the engine and other vital components in the back of the fighter.

"Yet its not my place to interject into your personal lives. Lets get back to work...." Judah had followed up, followed by a rather hasty response from Sei: "Agreed." His voice heard from behind the helmet of his.

Hmmmm... So determined on getting this work done. Jennifer couldn't help but smirk as the thought popped into her head, an almost teasing glimpse seen in her eye as she leaned a bit out from where she stood, the two being able to see her, looking at both as she spoke: "How about. We all go find a.. Ehh.. Cantina, yes and some dinner once all of this is over? An.." She hesitated, glancing away from Seilois and back as if judging her words: "And that would also give you an opportunity to take off that helmet of yours." She had said, akwardly pointing an oilstained long finger towards his helmet. It was of course said in a kind manner, teasing almost, yet the last bit could be heard as a slight clutter, not said as smooth as she would have liked it too.

She dug in back the ship, her voice heard over the once against present hiss from the welder in her hand: "Hm?"

Kung Seilois

"How about. We all go find a.. Ehh.. Cantina, yes and some dinner once all of this is over? An.." Cantina? Seilois was taken back to something similar to this, wasn't she a little young to be visiting Cantinas? Even for the food, which was usually terrible. He first instinct was to reject the offer because he didn't like eating in the presence of others as when someone was eating they usually lowered their guard which made them vulnerable which got the killed. He rarely drank in cantinas, much less ate.

That and eating with them implied a certain familiarity that... didn't sit right with him, yet for some reason he felt like he should at least try. It was an odd thing to imagine, eating with people just for the sake of company? He couldn't remember the last time he had done that.

"And that would also give you an opportunity to take off that helmet of yours." Seilois blinked a few times and was once again, thankful for his helmet as she had managed to make him smile, and it felt... odd as they were muscles he wasn't used to using. It was funny, even he could find the humor in it. When she went back to her welding, he assumed she had dropped the issue or had intended it all to be a joke, but the "Hm?" that reached above the welder told him otherwise, she expected an answer.

"Why not," He said before he thought it through. An automatic response that he had not known he was saying till after it was out, why had he said it? Again he had acted in a way that was unlike himself, and it was starting to frustrate him.

[member="Kung Seilois "] | @Jen

Laying out the wires, Judah was back to silence with his counterparts. Especially after his observation had gone quite south rather quickly. Pieces of tape ran down the center of the starfighter, holding things in place until all the connections could be made. Never put in anything permanent. Especially when one was probably going to have to reconfigure multiple times to get all the expensive equipment in place. It was coming together quite nicely though. The dash was starting to look one found in a real starfighter.

"Cantina?" Judah didn't drink at all. Nor did he feel like being the third wheel in this situation. Yet, it seemed like one of those things he had to go to. Join or die. "Yeah...sounds...like a plan."

"Why not," "Yeah...sounds...like a plan." Soo. Both had agreed. Great. Jennifer nodded a bit at herself, trying to wave off the thought of an awkward silence once they were seated in wherever they would go. A potential scenario indeed, however she had said when all was done. By that point Cindo would hopefully have shown up to put the last paint on the prototype, making it all not as potentially awkward for at least her. She shook her head with a grin on her face as she continued to work on the walls of the fighter, it was just a celebration meal she had suggested. Pfft. C'mon imagination. Keep up with reality.

Soon she would be done with the walls. The hiss from the welder heard among the other noise in the tiny hangar.
For now she would just work. She had questioned enough for now. "Sooo..-" No.. Damnit, shh! Keep quiet. Concentrate, just for once!

[member="Judah Dashiell"] :: @Kung Seilois​

Kung Seilois

Seilois occupied himself with holding up metal sheets so that the droids could weld them in place, it was a way to make the time pass as well gets his mind back to the task at hand. It was fairly easy to do as long as his suit protected him from the occasional sparks and popping of the metal. It wasn't pleasant work, and he could never understand the pleasure people got from it, but he was able to hold up a piece of metal.

"Sooo..-" Looking down from his work, he was a little surprised she still had something she needed to say, or was it just because she wasn't used to working in silence, "Something to add?" Seilois asked holding up a another metal plate for the driods; with [member="Judah Dashiell"] working on the electrical systems and them getting close to finishing the current job at hand; they were making good time. It was almost... astounding the speed in which they were getting done.

[member="Jen"]

"Something to add?" Jennifer looked out from the cover of her spot, glancing towards Seilois. "Oh.. Ermm.. No.. No.. Not really.." She frowned at herself as she continued the work, surely finding the silence odd. The silence seeming almost piercing to her. "Nope." She said a little while after, her voice echoing through the hangar from behind the noise of the welders and droids. How odd.

[member="Jen"] @Kung Seilois

Absorbed in his work, Judah was only half paying attention to his companions. The woman was still poking at the helmeted one, which he found mildly amusing. Blue gaze soon turned to the electrical in front of him, wires partitioned off in neat little bundles, like organized snakes. By now most of the wires had found their home behind what would be the pilots seat. Connections would have to be made to the power supply, various engine systems and the like. Then there was the small matter of uploading vital information.

Having one of the VCE droids hoist in the internal components behind the pilots chair area, Judah soon started to make the connections.

"Shouldn't be much longer and everyone can go back to their regularly scheduled lives."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom