Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private One King to Another

VULPTER, HOUSE VERD INC. HQ

Isley did not trust Thyferra.

After stoking the flames of paranoia throughout the Southern Systems, Thyferra and Ra'Katha were directly responsible for the current state of affairs. Specifically, Isley's departure from the Viceroyalty and the subsequent head of state. Thyferra's own Daegon ascended to take his place...and in short order began to make a mess of things. Rhand was the hot-button issue on everyone's minds of late. It had been a disastrous military operation, launched at an adversary that was a lifetime away.

Launched when the Bryn'adul were still at large, encroaching on their doorstep. Launched when there were other threats to prepare for.

But even the spontaneous nature aside, the operation was a failure. Their enemy was unlike a typical nation. Typical nations cared for their assets. They did not turn their weapons upon them and blast them into oblivion. The Maw was a creature of a completely different build. The South was not ready for them...and they had stirred up the hornet's nest no doubt.

This did not rest well with Isley. His own ambitions aside, the reality of striking at a foe and not expecting a retaliation was foolish. And so, he took matters into his own hands. The people and worlds of the Confederacy were fickle. Even now, there were cries that their paranoia was a mistake. Public opinion was turning. But Isley would not wait for the end of Daegon's term. Far from it. Rather, he reached out via the holonet. A single call on an encrypted line. One King to Another.

"Daegon." he began. "You have something that belongs to me."

A call came though which Daegon had been expecting since the former Vicelord had made his presence in the battle of Rhand known. It had been political suicide to invade the Maw. Daegon knew the risks. It was either going to solidify his leadership as Vicelord, or destroy it. The catastrophic failure and the underestimation of how evil that particular brand of Sith was had been his undoing.

No one would argue that Daegon needed to resign. It was the obvious choice. Besides in his absence, Thyferra had not received the attentions he wished to give it. There was only one course of action for the Bacta Mogul to make.

"I was simply keeping the chair warm. You can take it back whenever you wish."

It was a short, curt, but stoic answer. Yet, there was nothing hidden between the lines.

Darth Metus Darth Metus

Isley could have taken the man's words at face value.

But, after all, it was Daegon who helped stoke the flames of paranoia. Daegon who usurped his reign in the first place, alongside the abysmal Bastille. The reply was curt. Possibly honest. But Isley learned that Daegon wasn't to be trusted. And so, he had arrived with assurances.

"I fully intend to. And you will be the one to rally the Viceroyalty to do so."

His datapad chimed for just a moment as a document was sent over. A new patent. Isley smiled.

"Thyferra is known for its bacta. The Galaxy relies upon it. And there are so few alternatives that it would be foolhardy to even consider them. Until now. What you are seeing now is Salix. An alternative born of my own corporation. Cheaper. Just as effective. Easier to apply."

Isley did not need to spell out his meaning. Imagine what would happen if he simply...gave this design to every nation under the stars? There'd be no more need for Bacta. No more need for Thyferra.

"In three days' time, I will return to Naboo to take what is mine. If you play your part well and match your words...I'll gift you the patent."

Never forget - Loyalty is rewarded."

Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus

Daegon scoffed internally at the attempt with which Metus threatened his business. It was clear the ebony skinned man knew little of the work which the Galactic Alliance, The First Order, and the New Imperial Order, had all done to work themselves out of a reliance on Thyferra for bacta. Yet, Thyferra still stood tall. Even with competition, Daegon had synthesized a formula that thus far no others had been able to.

An allergen free alternative.

The Demon chuckled.

“Let’s both be honest with each other shall we. You and I both know Thyferra will outlast any alternative which can be produced because the source for any reproduction must always in some form hail from Thyferra. Alchemy can do many amazing things, but even if falls short.“

”We both are also aware that hand Rhand been a success you would have no leverage here. It was not, and you do. Saving Thyferra from your formula is not the biggest threat facing my people, it is what may come of them because I stretched my aspirations too far.“

”The Confederacy is certain to follow you even further than they would have before, even into the depths of hell itself. Your victory is sure, and I shall follow my words to the very vapor of their final expulsion.“

Darth Metus Darth Metus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom