Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Fire, Two Fire, Red Fire, Blue Fire (Cobalt)

Pyro

P
Pyro, or as the local Southern Mustafarians called her, the Phoenix, was in the local mining facility checking out the place. The Mustafarians avoided her, for it was rare that the 7th Alpha ever even left her underground hideout except to trade with and buy food from the few smugglers who stopped on Mustafar. But today she felt like exploring the mining facility, so that's what she did.

[Member="Cobalt"]

Cobalt

And Everything is Blue, like him.
Mustafar was... not the prettiest place to be. Lava, half-melted mining droids, and... gasp, more lava! Cobalt was simply sitting inside a slightly decrepit bar inside the mining station, waiting for something to happen. Nothing did, because it always seems that nothing happens when one expects it to. Of course, this did not extend to the sudden pressure the Cernun regent felt in the Force when he walked out the door of the bar. Without any warning, the air around him simply lit up with blue fire.

What was going on?

[member="Pyro"]

Pyro

P
Pyro was sprinting from three smugglers who were chasing her with a net and blasters set to stun, unsure why they were chasing her, but knowing it wasn't for any good reason. There used to be four of them, but when they had snuck up behind her in the mining facility, she killed one of them by burning him to a crisp with a blast of hot white fire, leaving three to get her.

"Get back here, Phoenix! We'll make billions of credits offa you!"

Pyro looked back and ran straight into a horned humanoid that was on fire. She used natural instinct and hid behind him, cowering, which she hadn't done since her creation.

"Please don't let them get me... need to catch breath... Before blasting them"

The smugglers surrounded the pair of flaming creatures, taunting Pyro, calling her a coward.

[member="Cobalt"]

Cobalt

Cobalt's eyes widened as the girl crashed into him and suddenly hid behind him. Before he even registered what she was saying to him, he realized that she was able to touch his fire. Fascinating. And then he did hear what she'd said. His tail wrapped around her waist, and he cracked his knuckles as his fire flared up further.

"Don't worry, lovely... I've got more than enough firepower to bake these morons."

He looked at said morons excitedly, sizing them up with the eye of a street fighter.

"Now... Let's see whose blood boils first. The Human, the Weequay, or the Miralan?"

[member="Pyro"]

Pyro

P
The smugglers stood back a step in fear at the horned man as Pyro regained her breath much quicker then one would suspect something as fragile looking as her. She stood up back-to-back with the horned man, and ignited in flames as well.

"I'm not sure which, but they'll all boil in time."

The Weequay stepped forward and raised him gun to shoot, but Pyro was too quick and set him aflame before his finger could squeeze the trigger.

[member="Cobalt"]

Cobalt

Cobalt simply laughed as the Weequay screamed. Slavers could all burn, as far as the regent was concerned. This girl was like him, a flaming path of destruction. If they wanted something to burn, it burned. He grinned at the horrified human, and shot a flaming finger gun at him that caused his gun to explode. Almost all the burning shrapnel went into the man's face.

"You called this lovely girl a phoenix... But I'm a devil. I will torture you before I kill you."

[member="Pyro"]

Pyro

P
The last smuggler ran off in fear and Pyro calmed down enough for her flame to turn back into a glow. She twisted out of the man's tail and stood next to him, watching the human writhe in pain with a small but cruel smile, she had forgotten that she had been created to kill, and it was bliss watching her enemy die. She just watched the human writhe, letting him know real pain before she would let him die. She looked over at the being she finally spoke in her normal voice.

"You are not human, but you aren't an Alpha. What are you?"

[member="Cobalt"]

Cobalt

Cobalt grinned at the girl, and let his fire dissipate. Somebody whose fire functioned exactly like his was a welcome sight, and would be an interesting person to talk to. His tail swept across the girl's chest before coming to rest around her shoulders. Then, he looked questioningly at the girl's mention of "alphas"... Was she talking about some kind of animal?

"I haven't the foggiest idea what an alpha is, lovely Phoenix... But I'm a Cernun. Sometimes called a Devilspawn, or whatever, because of the horns and the tail. What exactly are you?"

[member="Pyro"]

Pyro

P
Pyro nodded, she had heard of this species before during her training with her fellow Alphas, she must have some of that blood to be able to go up in flames. When he asked about her species, she pondered what to tell him. Oh yea I'm a sithspawn created for war. My original name is Alpha No. 7, the seventh out of eight completely different sithspawn raised as a family. Oh by the way did I mention I'm 4 years old physically? She thought sarcastically, but decided to tell him the less sarcastic version.

"I am Alpha No. 7, aka Pyro or as the locals here call me, Phoenix. Created by rogue scientist Terolyn Fintell and her Sith Alchemist husband Peredan as the opposite of Alphas No. 4 and 5, one of my sisters and one of my brothers. We escaped confinement almost a year ago and went our separate ways. My biological age is 5 years old, and my psychological age is 18."

[member="Cobalt"]

Cobalt

Sure, her story sounded a bit strange, but it wasn't like that was the weirdest thing Cobalt had ever heard or seen. Pyro sounded honest enough for the Cernun regent to believe her. Plus, Sith Alchemy was a relatively well-known practice in the galaxy. It was plausible enough that this pretty little girl was, in fact, a rogue Sithspawn.

"Interesting speed of aging, there, Miss Pyro. I'm the exact opposite... 150 years old chronologically, with the physical and mental build of a twenty year old. Funny how aging works for different species, eh?"

[member="Pyro"]

Pyro

P
"Eh, yea. I don't think I caught your name, sir."

Pyro rubbed the back of her neck, a little uncomfortable, now realizing she had to befriend this being, or kill it, in fear that everything her brothers and sisters had worked could be endangered. She pushed those thoughts away and smiled.

[member="Cobalt"]

Cobalt

Cobalt smiled at the girl, a little bit amused at the fact that she now seemed to understand the consequences of what she'd just told him. His name was sort of like an insurance measure, or something like that.

"Well, my name's Cobalt. Not that creative, if you think about it. Did all the Alphas have names like yours, or did you just like not being Seven?"

[member="Pyro"]

Pyro

P
Pyro looked around to make sure no one was around, then seeing a few random smugglers, motioned for [member="Cobalt"] to follow her. As she led him out of the spaceport, the first thing Cobalt to notice was the heat, which Pyro didn't seem to mind. Second would be the volcano. Once they were safely away from the spaceport, Pyro turned around and let him rest, though she was not out of breath at all, just her legs were shaking a bit, "Seven is my nickname among my brothers and sisters. Pyro is what Ma- my creator named me, and I'm sorry, but now I might have to kill you because you're too easy to talk to. It's been a while since I've killed anyone." She smiled, looking very sinister against the lava that flowed behind her.

Cobalt

Cobalt's eyes gleamed as he felt the heat wash over him, and he saw the volcano in the background. The walk and run here hadn't tired him whatsoever, and the feeling of the fire all around him made him feel great. He walked up to Pyro as she spoke, grinning wildly. She looked really pretty to him, and the idea that she could kill him was a little bit funny. He tapped her nose, and his tail started waving around furiously.

"Fine, then. But when you figure out that you can't kill me, I'd like to take you out somewhere... Preferably not on Mustafar."

His tail wrapped around her again, and his fire glowed around him.

"Go on, Pyro. Hit me."

[member="Pyro"]

Pyro

P
Pyro wrinkled her nose and snorted, conjuring two swords made of fire and lunged at Cobalt, swinging one sword towards his chest and one to his legs.

[member="Cobalt"]

Cobalt

Cobalt didn't even draw his katana all the way out of its sheathe. He pulled it down to block the sword aimed at his legs, and the other one bounced off his flaming blue horns. He wiggled his ears at Pyro, and grinned teasingly.

"It's cute when you wrinkle your nose like that. Do it again, eh?"

[member="Pyro"]

Pyro

P
Pyro tried again, flipping over Cobalt and driving both swords towards his chest.

[member="Cobalt"]

Cobalt

Cobalt yelped as he leapt out of the way of one of the flaming swords, but the other struck against his flaming arm and... he didn't feel it? What the hell did that mean? The flaming sword literally phased through him without cutting anything. He blinked and looked at Pyro before shrugging and sheathing his katana.

"Apparently that sword can't cut through my fire shield. I'd offer you my sword to give you a fair fight, but... It's personal. Honor sword and stuff."

He stepped around the two weapons and put his hand on Pyro's arm.

"How about you don't kill me, I don't say anything, and we can go somewhere nice? I could use somebody to talk to, too."

[member="Pyro"]

Pyro

P
Pyro's sword had singed his arm and set the fabric on fire, but apparently he didn't feel it.

Cobalt said:
"Apparently that sword can't cut through my fire shield. I'd offer you my sword to give you a fair fight, but... It's personal. Honor sword and stuff."
Pyro ignored his taunt and lunged at him with the swords again, but he easily dodged them and grabbed her arm. The swords disintegrated as he talked to her in a soothing voice, half calming her down. At least he said he wouldn't tell.

"How can I trust you to keep a secret?"

Cobalt

Cobalt felt an odd tickling on his arm, and looked at his jacket. It was cut up and burned, and currently on fire. He took it off and tossed it away. Oh, well... He'd had to get rid of worse than his jacket before. The flaming blue man let go of Pyro's arm and looked into her face, smiling as warmly as he could.

"I have my own problems, Pyro. It'd make trouble for both of us if anybody ever found out about you. Any reports that got back to my planet would consider you an aberration of the normal Cernun bloodlines, and any reports anywhere else would possibly consider me a Sithspawn as well."

He gently slipped his hand around hers.

"Besides... Ignoring who and what both of us are, couldn't I just be a guy trying to get an interesting girl to have lunch with him?"

[member="Pyro"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom