Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Once upon a time

[SIZE=14pt]The Dancing Thranta[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] raced through space the pilot was not the one who knew the controls as well as he knew the design that made it possible for the ship to fly. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The pilot. The Jedi. The Mandalorian.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]A friend. A healer. A Warrior.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]A Wife. A Husband. [/SIZE]

One patient.

Rianna stood by the stasis container that held her riduur she stared down at him part of her was screaming silently in despair but she could not show this emotion, not yet. Her body swayed as she comprehended the dire state of Jasper. She had not opened his armor yet now would not be the time. His armor contained bacta injectors which would combat injuries something they had talked to make available for all mandalorians for just this reason. The ability to sustain a life. Rianna meditated upon the force the swirls of light coalesced around them feeding into Jasper’s body, Rianna the conduit.

[SIZE=14pt]Anyone who had watched the scene play out on Empress Teta would think Jasper dead and right now she was inclined to let the galaxy think just that. How could he live through a head shot. How? The strength of the armor, the strength of the man. The availability of medical treatment.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The scans shows that he had taken a terrible hit to the back of the head she had expected him to be dead, she had hoped that he would not be. When they had recovered him she could see that his life signs were minimal near death. But here on this ship they had something that Jedi legend said could sustain life, a Healing Crystal of Fire. Aedan had gotten it Ordo had asked him to go, it was paying off now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Rianna’s concern had been injury to the vertabrae, spinal cord, and brain. His armor absorbed a lot but the skin at the nape of the neck suffered third degree burns, Rianna could see the white of the bone exposed but what of the brain.

Jasper was still unconscious he moved occasionally but it was his nerves and muscles twitching that made it so. Only once he woke up, if he woke up would they know the depth of his injury. Would he have memory loss, would he be the same Jasper, and how would he feel. Questions, so many questions.

The armor no longer had bacta, she needed to get it off him. She needed to be quick at removing his armor even though it right now was what sustained him within the stasis tube. She had the other container ready, she looked to the droids, "put on the respirator as soon as I open the stasis tube" Keeping him breathing was a priority.

Rianna's hands shook for a moment she pulled them back quickly. Control, Balance, Calm she thought to herself. The antiseptic smell of the medical suite did not bother her right now she noticed very little except her riduur. It was all she could do to keep the tears back. All she could do to keep from dropping to her knees in agony at his near lifeless body.

Finding her balance drawing on the force to remind her of who she was, what she was. She felt calmer, in control the force washed over her only then could she lift the cover and allow the droid to do its work while she pulled the bindings of his armor. The weight of the chest plate bore down on Rianna as she tried to lift it. She would need help to take care of him. She knew that the clan would want to know, would want to see. They were headed home to the farm, not to Mandalore, or Alderaan but to a world full of desolation.

The respirator was put in, the monitor for his heart, and blood gases attached. He was asleep as the bacta worked to heal the outer layers of his body. The Crystal glowed it was alive as it reached out the long tendrils from the small formation and filled the room.

Rianna pushed through working quickly to remove enough to where the droids could pick him up and transfer him into the bacta tank. It was a precious thing to have considering the expense of bacta. The container was sealed and inside floated Jasper “Ordo” be Ar'klim on the brink of death.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Rianna finally able to stop leaned against the bacta tank her forehead resting there, her arms reached around the tank as far as the length of them would allow. Only now with all in her power done could she allow her emotions release. Her dark eyes filled with tears a growing tightness in her chest ached, she tried to take a breath and none would come. She shook her head holding onto the tank. She couldn’t breathe her soul was dying her heart was breaking. The pain of all that had happened was finally finding a voice slowly the sounds of sobbing filled the suite, “ner runi, don’t leave me[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]If there is such thing as a miracle she prayed for one now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]
[member="Ginnie Ordo"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Evi Sohl"] [member="Ordo"]
[/SIZE]

The word had come in that Mommy [member="Rianna Ordo"] was bringing Daddy home. In honour of the event, little Ginnie dressed up in her Beskar'gam and left off her buy'ce. Her thin braids were pulled back in a larger, thicker braid and the little Mando made sure her armour was sparkling.

She knew what this was. Ginnie had been here before: Last Words and Familial Goodbyes. Having no ability in empathy or much of the telepathic skills beyond back and forth, the girl waited by the landing pad and hoped her older siblings were going to be around her. That was what family was for, right? She clicked on her transmission array and tied it into the Dancing Thranta's security cams. Putting on her buy'ce, the HUD lit up. Patching in, Ginnie watched the process of taking Dad's armour off and sticking him in bacta. The girl frowned.

It wasn't going to work. Ginnie could smell death in the air, in the way the house quaked and shuddered, in the animals and in the way her mother shook and cried and pleaded. Ginnie's childish chin quivered, she could be strong. She could suck it up and say goodbye to another father. At least this time she didn't have to pull the plug herself. As the Thranta came in, Ginnie reached for her mother's mind and knocked at the tip of Rianna's perceptions.

All the girl could send was a message of love, warmth and adoration. 'I got you, Mommy.' Ginnie had the feeling very soon Rianna Ordo was going to be the only one Ginnie had left.

Anija Ordo Arrbi Betna Evi Sohl Ordo

Okyaab IV
Ordo Homestead

In Transit

Anija still couldn't wrap her mind around the fact Ordo was gone. Sure, she hadn't felt him die. But that was due to the fact she'd been carrying a ysalamiri at the time. But, she'd seen what [member="Ordo"] had... and she'd heard the blaster shot go off at close range. There was almost no way anyone could survive that. Short of a miracle. And, if she were being honest with herself, she wasn't sure she believed in such things.

That being said, she was still trying to hold onto a shred of hope. Maybe he had survived after all. If [member="Rianna Ordo"] had gotten to him in time, it was possible. She frowned slightly, and then muttered to herself for a moment before sending a burst transmission to [member="Arrbi Betna"]. Meet you there. I'm gonig to comm Evi. And that was exactly what she did. With shaking fingers, she punched in Evi's comm frequency and took a deep breath. When Evi picked up on the other end, Anija's hands started shaking. Slowly, Anija took another bresth before she spoke. "Ev'ika. The Mando'ade have withdrawn from Teta with heavy losses..." She paused, and locked her gaze on Evi's even from behind her visor.

"Ev'ika... Mand'alor Gilamar is dead." She almost choked at her next words and the anger and anguish she'd been holding at bay seeped omto her tone. "He was slain... by buir..." She held up a hand to forestall any protests. "He was possessed by a Sith spirit, which was forcing him to do these things. They fought in one on one combat, until Ordo...triumphed." She swore softly. "Ordo was slain as well. near as I can tell, by a blaster bolt to the back of the neck..."

Shortly after the arrival of the Dancing Thranta

Anija had only been on the ground for a few minutes. Her bes'ullik's engines were still cooling. Now that she was on the ground, she got to see the damage first hand. It was... distressing. And it made her even more thankful for the fact that her beskar'gam was sealed against vacuum. She swore softly as she carefully looked over the damage. The canopy and the ventral sensors would need replacing, as well as several other items. At least the battle hadn't damaged the cloak or the hyperdrive.

Shaking her head, Anija continued to survey the damage overall. The ship would be unable to fly for several weeks. What was more important now was that she was here on Okyaab. With her damage assessment completed, she reached up to finally pull ioff her helmet. gasping it with one hand, she made her way towards [member="Ginnie Ordo"] and gave the teen a hug.

Evi Sohl Ordo [member="Ginnie Ordo"] [member="Arrbi Betna"]

Rianna walked slowly down the ramp of the the Dancing Thranta waiting there already was [member="Ginnie Ordo"] and [member="Anija Ordo"]. Her gaze met theirs they were expecting the worst and yet the question remained there asking without asking was he alright? Or was their Buir dead. She cleared her throat and pulled whatever strength she could from the force willing her self to move forward.

The distance between them had never felt so far and yet it was only across the yard. She smiled and sent her own thoughts Ginnie I know you do ad'ika. Rianna wanted to give them good news, she looked at Anija she had seen better days. As Rianna finally got near the children she pulled Ginnie to her, and then she reached for Anija embracing them both at the same time trying to give them some comfort to help deal with all that had happened. Releasing them she looked at Ginnie, cupping her chin and looking into her eyes, her other hand went to Anija's cheek.

"This is what I can tell you right now" Rianna noticed the [member="Evi Sohl"] was not there, nor [member="Arla Balor"], or [member="Aran Ordo"]. Everyone could be updated though.

"He was shot at the back of the head, his armor absorbed a lot of the the damage from the blaster. However the spine has been exposed in the neck, and I'm not sure if there is any damage to the brain." She had said it that was the worst, "But right now he's on board the ship submerged in a bacta tank to help heal his sounds. I have a few Jedi techniques that I am using as well." Now for what would be the hardest, "WE have to wait once I remove him from the bacta it is a matter of time. He has to wake up, and if he does he may have memory loss, may have emotional issues, and depending on the damage his motor skills could be damaged" It sounded too much like a doctor saying these words but it was how she was able to cope right now.

"At this moment he is alive and yes you can come on board and see him. Tomorrow we'll take him out of the bacta and put him into his own bed"

Rianna looked to Anija, "I have not contacted [member="Azrael"], in view of what has happened until we have something definite here to say he needs his time to mourn." Rianna looked at Ginnie, "The Mand'alor is dead ad'ika" she didn't say at the hands of your father. "We need to be prepared to go to the funeral there are hard days ahead for us all" Now with all of this said she released her girls and let them absorb it all.

The Mandalorians were suffering and would need time to heal from all that had happened. Espiecally Clan Skirata, and Clan Ordo.

[member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Rianna Ordo"] [member="Ordo"] [member="Evi Sohl"]

Anija watched Rianna closely as the older woman came towards them. She knew Arrbi wasn't far behind her, and she hoped E'vi got her message quickly. When the older woman wrapped her in a hug, Anija sighed and buried her face in Rianna's shoulder.

Her head came up sharply at Rianna's words, and she stared at the older woman in disbelief. "How... Is that possible ....?" She searched Rianna's face. "I saw his vid feed and heard the shot myself..."

(sorry for short post... yay for phone posting)

[member="Rianna Ordo"] [member="Ginnie Ordo"] [member="Anija Ordo"]

His eyes soon began to move behind their lids. Heavy tired hands closed slowly as if somewhere in side he was trying to hold something. He felt weightlessness and could hear the sounds of a ship of machines and then Rianna's voice. He could hear her talking. The sound he so loved reached his mind and feelings, confusing feelings rose inside him.

He couldn't understand what was being said or why but the sound, the aound he knew well. He realized too slowly that he could feel them. A strange deep part of him could feel their life like one feels the sun on your skin. He wanted to touch them to feel them close to know they were safe. He tried to open his eyes...but they didn't move. He tried to lift his hands...but nothing happened. What was this? They were there. He knew they weren't far. Bubbles burst out from behind the rebreather as if a sigh or yell were emitted but no outward signs above the darting eyes behind tired lids could be seen. Therewas something else he felt something holding him as if he was held aloft by something, a light, a fire held him suspended in warmth and slowly hetried to refocus on what was near him.

"You should be dead, Mandalorian." Came the sound of an unfamiliar voice, "You should be ripped away from life and bound away forever."

Ordo perceived he was in some strange grey world where everything looked like a mere shadow of what it shpuld have been. Black and grey smoke rose in wisps from trees and rocks. He looked at his feet and realized he stood waist deep in black water. He looked at his body and hands. He touched his face, his hair. His scars were gone, all of them, except one. He looked at the plain button down shirt that he had worn when he had been just a farmboy on Corellia, a simple white shirt sleeves rolled to the elbow just the way his father had always done. His plain faded blue trousers belted at the waist with a thick nerf hide belt. He tugged at the buttons on at a time and opened his shirt. On his chest where his heart would be was a hole leaking mist as black as night.

"What is this?" He said turning in the other place and looking for the source of the voice.

"This is beyond the shadows and you should not be here." The voice said calmly as the dark figure walked from a crops of trees at the edge of the water. "You should be dead."

"Who are you?" Ordo asked turning his head slightly to give the being a suspicious look.

"Does it matter?" The being said as he walked onto the water slowly and moved toward Ordo, "does it even matter who you are anymore?"

Ordo thought for a moment before memories began to flood back to him. He began to remember it all tthe things he had done the things he had said and as he began to grasp the severity, the depth of what he had done, he began to sink.

"Ah..." the voice said, "memmmmories all alone in the moooon light." The thing sang. "You know if you slip beneath the surface of this lake there is nothing that will save you."

"Aftet all I've done...why would I want to be saved?" Ordo replied looking down at the hole in his chest.

"I sympathize. I really do, but it's simply not your chpice to make." The being said as it pushed back it's cowel to reveal a black eyed Nautolan. "And you were controlled by an dark creature worse than you had imagned."

"It may have been his mind but was it not my hands?" Ordo replied, "will anyone see anything other than that?"

"No, people only see what they want to." The Nautloan replied, "even though they saw you beside the sith they couldn't accept it completely. They wanted to redeem, to rescue, to save. Honestly, they should have just let you go, but love is a stubborn emotion."

"Are you here to watch me die and run your mouth?" Ordo asked.

"No, no I came to take away your spirit." The Nautolan said, at least the dark part that still contains the dark plague but it may kill you."

"Why?" Ordo asked as he slowly began to rise in the water.

"Because the Dark Lord is a fool and soon he and I will have our own battle. Undoing his work is just an enjoyment for me until then." The man said before he crouched down and shot his hand into the hole in Ordo's chest. Ordo screamed in pain as it felt like the Nautolan was ripping out his heart.

In the tank Ordo's life signs began to spike from pain and slowly began to fade.

Ginnie's eyes began to water. She hugged her sister and rubbed her cheek against [member="Anija Ordo"]'s armoured side as their mother and matriarch walked the loneliest of marches to her kin. [member="Rianna Ordo"] did not have good news to bear.

"Daddy [member="Ordo"] killed the Mand'alor. Didn't he, Mommy?" Her buy'ce drifted to the ground and Ginnie's deep brown eyes fluttered up to Anija and Rianna. "I've been sneaking bits of chatter from the comms. . . didn't think I'd get in trouble for it now." Her lip wobbled, the deaf-tone of her voice awash with the confusion of a child who heard seconds at a time and had no solid pictures.

"Being shot in the back of the head doesn't sound very Dark Lord-ish. Sith like to kill lots, but for the most part right in front of you so they can see your face, don't they? Fighting Mandalorians must be aggravating. Only big motions, voices, they can't see the glint in our eyes. At least. . . at least that's what Darth Metus said. Being shot in the back of the head? That's a statement. Desperate. It's the kinda sound that stops worlds.

Daddy's not going to make it, is he? . . . but Mommy? If Daddy killed the Mand'alor, will he want to make it? Wouldn't Daddy rather die than be the one who killed our leader? Can we see him? Please, mommy?"

Evi Sohl

E
There was no sound.

She couldn’t make one, she discovered, barely managing to nod as Anija sent the coordinates and closed the comm line between them. Pain overwhelmed her senses as she tried to digest what her sister had said. What had happened on Empress Teta.

Ordo dead. Gilamar dead by Ordo’s hand.

Numbness took over after a struggle of several minutes, that old self-defense mechanism kicking in when something became too excruciating to deal with. She pushed away from the desk, hands shaking as she rose from the chair and stumbled around the bedroom. E’vi was having trouble breathing, and even Cade’s seemingly distant, panicked voice barely brought her out of it. Reaching out, she gathered the little one up in her arms and held him closed, shuddering as she closed her eyes and simply tried to take a deep breath.

Cade clung to her, shaking as he sought a comforting response that she just couldn’t give. E’vi gently set him down after a few minutes, fingers shaking as they brushing lovingly through his hair. “Cad’ika, I need to take you to stay with Tessa for a few days. Something very bad has happened to ba’buir Ordo, and I need to go see Rianna and Anija. Do you think you can be brave for me, so I don’t have to worry about you?” Her voice sounded hollow and flat to her own ears, and she winced inwardly at it.

Cade nodded solemnly, doing his very best not to cry as she gently sent him down the hallway to pack a few of his things. Much wasn’t needed...he spent so much time with Tessa and her boys that she’d jokingly set aside a drawer and insisted she bring a few things to leave over there. She hurriedly packed some things of her own, before scrawling a note on a piece of flimsy and propping it up on the bed. Bags in hand, she locked the door behind them and drove far faster than was truly safe through the streets of Keldabe and over to her friend’s home.

“Have you heard?” E’vi asked Tessa, upon arriving, her crimson gaze wavering and her voice near breaking.

“I did. We’ll take care of Cade. You go see what you can do.”

She hugged Cade fiercely tight before handing him to Tessa, speeding off again before she lost her fragile control right there in front of him.

-----------------------------------------------

E’vi had spent much of the hyperspace journey curled up in the corner of her bed, arms holding her knees to her chest. Sleep wasn’t going to happen...there was too much to contemplate. Too much pain dancing across her every nerve ending for her to be able to rest. Memories played in a continuous loop across her mind’s eye...meeting Ordo the first day she’d stepped foot on Mandalore...the very moment he’d spoken the words to adopt her...watching him with Cade...the celebration of his wedding to Rianna, the woman she now called her mother...so many moments. So much love.

And now so much pain to have it all torn away.

How would she even begin to explain this to Cade?

The vice in her chest threatened to squeeze her heart and lungs until they burst. But the chime of the navicomputer echoed through the comm panel nearby, alerting her that the reversion to realspace was imminent. She unfolded herself quickly, unsteady feet carrying her to the pilot’s seat in the cockpit just as the lines of hyperspace resolved themselves into stars once more. Setting course for the coordinates Anija had sent her, she watched as the planet came ever closer in the viewport.

When she finally landed, it was nearby to the ships of the others...vessels E’vi would have recognized anywhere. She took a moment as the ship powered down to run her fingers through her hair and smooth down her slightly rumpled tunic. Soft leggings were tucked into her boots as she pulled them on, and then moved to the ramp. E’vi paused there, taking a moment to remember how to breathe and to try to remember what strength felt like.

She’d need both, she mused, walking down the ramp and over to where the others stood, catching only a few words of Ginnie’s pleas and looking to each of the beloved, familiar faces in turn.

It was as she stood there, her arms around Ginni's shoulders that she felt it. Reaching out to grip E'vi's hand, she took a deep breath. In the force, she felt a sudden spike from the direction of Dancing Thranta. Her hand still gripping E'vi's, she turned to look at Rianna. Pain-filled our not, she knew that sense.

Her eyes went wide in shock and disbelief. Dropping her hold on E'vi's hand, she turned to sprint towards the ship - just as Ginni asked if they could see @Ordo. She could feel cold fingers of Beskar tightening around her chest as she reached the top of the loading ramp and frantically slapped the exterior hatch control.

[member="Rianna Ordo"] [member="Evi Sohl"] [member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Arla Balor"]

Rianna looked at Ginnie hearing her emotions in her voice, "it wasn't was it, and it is a coward that shoots someone in the back Ginnie." Rianna though had never killed anyone so her point of view was it was cowardly to not give someone a chance to defend themselves.

The sound of engines filled the air dust from an unyielding ground blew around them. As the group glanced upwards to see the ship coming home. The markings were familiar ones that the clan would recognize without a beacon, [member="Evi Sohl"] was home. Rianna kept [member="Ginnie Ordo"] close to her, protective of the youngest fearful at times that something else would befall their family her instincts pushed her to hold Ginnie closer.

Rianna feared something that she had not told any of the others yet, and she doubted that she would tell them. She feared reprisal from others outside of the clan, there were already rumors of what they were planning to do to Ordo if they found his body. If they come for it there will be dar'yaim to pay for Rianna would never allow such desecration to her riduur. Many would not understand the concept of a dark spirit and if Jasper lived through this she felt sure some would come for him. This dark would hover over them for some time. The darkness had certainly extended its hand not only against the mandalorians but it had targeted Clan Ordo by using Jasper.

Waiting till Evi stood with them Rianna was going to try and answer Ginnie's and Anija's questions.

"Yes you're right he should be dead." She looked at the three pairs of eyes looking at her wanting and needing to understand as much as they could. "and when we pulled him from Empress Teta I thought that he was dead." She gave a smile of relief, "but when I checked him he was still breathing, his heart still beating. So holding onto a hope that he would live I placed him stasis till I could get him to a bacta tank." Rianna shook her head, "the force works in such ways that often explanation cannot be found" If they only knew how much relief she had felt at that moment. But also she wondered if those were not to be her final moments with him to speak with him. She couldn't hesitate on such thoughts though she had to try and save him. As his wife she was desperate to save him, as a healer she tried very hard to see his injuries for what they were. Those thoughts she just didn't know how to share with them right now. Right now she thought only of them seeing him just in case, and them saving him if it could be done.

"I am speculating on events. It could be that the dark spirit thought it could repair Ordo's body and continue use it, so when the shot came it tried to heal him. Add in how well his armor is made, and that his armor has bacta injectors for when he is injured, add in one Healing Crystal of Fire, and then the stubbornness of Jas'ika and what this becomes is something close to a miracle." Rianna had said this in one breath.

Then there was the tremor in the force an alert that something was wrong, something was happening inside The Dancing Thranta, all of them seemed to have felt it at once. Rushing up the ramp, and through the corridor to the medical suite where Jasper was. Her eyes widened when she saw how far his vitals had fallen. No this could not be. Not after all of this no. "We have to take him now" A split moment decision, "We can keep him on the respirator" Here was where being his wife and being the healer would cross swords. His wife would want every measure to be taken to keep him, the healer would consider his quality of life and how would he want to live. How to get the two to agree was an internal battle of wills. The Heart over Knowledge. Was there no middle road that would save Jasper.

The Crystal of Fire burned brightly as if it too felt the changes it seem to work harder but what also caught Rianna's attention was the surge of emotion not from the children but from Jasper himself. They could wait no longer he had to come out.

[member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Ginnie Ordo"] [member="Evi Sohl"]

The washing rains of the Force's oppressive dark stroked across the girl's cheek with the heat of a fire. She stood feet planted in the middle of her sisters and her mother, but there was a seeping black mist descending. Ginnie could see it, she could feel it. It gripped her heart with the familiarity of a story her brother wouldn't let her read, but read every night at her bedside in whispers. The mist bit at her, punctured her armour and slid inside. It was a horrible, cawing, deliberate, shuddering thing the girl didn't have words for, the way a child searches for the right word for something she'd seen her entire life but never been told.

The Dark hung over Clan Ordo as it had hung over Clan Verd. A heaving blister burst inside her chest. 'Darjetti . . . Dar'Manda' The phrase whispered above her - oh what the Mandalorian clans would do to Clan Ordo. As [member="Rianna Ordo"], [member="Anija Ordo"] and [member="Evi Sohl"] raced to the Dancing Thranta, Ginnie pulled into her senses through the Force and wrapped her feeble mind around her father. Something bucked, Ginnie put all her concentration to the act of reaching Ordo.

'Daddy @Ordo. Daddy, you're hurting. What do you want, Daddy? Tell me, show me, I can take it. Mommy's scared and sad. Anija keeps hearing the shot fired. Evi's sad. Scared. But Daddy, I've been around death tons. Tell me, Daddy. What do you want most right now?'

She burned the words and sensations in his mind over and over until a shudder clipped her chest and Ginnie wiped her cheek with her crush gaunt. Wet. All wet. Ginnie followed the others into the ship and saw the panic on their faces. Hers was calm, docile.

Accepting.

As she walked in to the room where her father suspended, Ginnie sighed. "May you find the pastures of your delight, Buir. Whether that's here with us, or in the undying current."

Beskar met beskar as Betna ripped his helmet off with both hands and threw it into the cockpit of his Bes'uliik starfighter. He'd been playing catch up the whole time instead of leaving when he was supposed to. He'd gotten so caught up in the fighting, so determined to make the Sith pay for what they had done to the Mandalorians, that he didn't realize he could do far more elsewhere.

He'd managed to catch up here on Okyaab IV, but barely. Armored boots thudded on the ground and kicked up dust and debris as he ran full tilt over the dirt and grass. Thudding turned into clanging as he made his way up the ramp behind the rest. He managed to skid to a stop next to Anija, almost falling onto his side or back.

"What's going on?" he asked quietly, his breath a little ragged. Running that far in armor didn't tire him, but it sure was heavy.

[member="Ginnie Ordo"] [member="Rianna Ordo"] [member="Anija Ordo"] @Ordo

Rianna waited no more the droids and machinery quickly moved in to assist her with pulling Ordo from the tank. Metal hands were the first to lay him onto the bed Rianna moved over the respirator was still in place his vitals were dropping in credibly low, she could hear the low whispers of [member="Ginnie Ordo"], she turned and looked at her did she know something that the rest of them did not know, or were willing to accept.

Rianna turned back to Jasper, was she doing the right thing? Or was all of this for her, for [member="Anija Ordo"], [member="Evi Sohl"]. She did not have time to think on it now, she began to rub down the exposed skin hoping to stimulate his senses, the white medical suit that he wore clung to him like a second skin. She could not help but question her motives she as a healer knew better than to offer hope where there was none. Rianna had only sensed [member="Arrbi Betna"] as he approached but she had to proceed forward, time was of the essence.

His eyes were closed would they remained closed. She remembered the damage and how the interns had each looked at her their eyes alone told her they weren't sure why she reacted in ways that she did. No one else would have risked a shuttle to retrieve one man.

Rianna stopped, took a deep breath and another. Calm. Find calm. relax. ............................focus.

Rianna focused within herself, drawing on the force for comfort, calm and direction. She looked again upon the body of Jasper. Looking to the crystal intermingle them both, Rianna moved one hand to the crystal up toward it, the other hand to order her palm hovering over his chest. Rianna looked to the girls, "Continue to dry him off please, I"m going to try and wake him if I can." Rianna grew quiet drawing the force drawing the healing energies of the force with the crystal.

She kept her eyes and funneled the force into @Ordo.

[member="Ginnie Ordo"] [member="Evi Sohl"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Rianna Ordo"] [member="Arrbi Betna"]

The pain grew intense as the creature slowly pulled his hand out of Ordo's chest and with it the blackness that was swirling there but not all of it was removed. The figures jaw unhinged as Ordo screamed in agony and swallowed the Dark Plague that the Dark Lord had left behind.

Ordo breathed heavily and fell forward into the black and grey water. A hand...a hand came from nothing and pressed on his chest slowly pushing he m to the surface of the water. As if he was a battery being charged he began to feel warmth and strength moving into his limbs.

"Why?" He gasped, "why did you leave some of the blackness?"

"That is darkness of your own making, Mandalorian." The figure said as if he had a million voices speaking as one, "did you think all you've done you could escape tainting your essence? The memories of what the dark lord used you to do alone would be enough for most to fall, but his hold is broken."

Light began to surround Ordo and the figure hid his face from it.

"I know you have Velok's memories, Mandalorian. When the time comes I'll find you." With that he walked away and Ordo was ripped into the grey foggy sky.

He heard Ginnie first then felt the others and it felt as if Rianna was holding him. How he longed for those arms around him. He tried to make sense of the words but they sounded like gibberish to his mnd. He sent a longing to be with them through the force that nearly exploded form him in a palpable wave.
His eyes fluttered and he gasped loudly as his eyes shot open and the memories of the past months flooded to the forefront of his mind. He turned his head to see them gathered. He tried to move and realized his body wouldn't reapond. He looked attheir faces and then thought of all he had done to these people you he would have gladly died for and the big man, the once rock of his clan, turned his head away and wept bitterly.

[member="Arrbi Betna"]

Anija frowned, and started as Arrbi slid to a stop beside her. For a moment, her gaze lingered on [member="Ordo"]. Her heart ached to see him like this. She spoke softly. "He...wasn't killed like I thought." She swore softly as she watched Rianna work. Faintly she could sense a struggle occurring in the force. Rianna's fight to save him in stark counterpoint to his own internal struggle. She stiffened in surprise at what she sensed and gripped Arrbi's hand tightly before she to her buir's side.

[member="Ginnie Ordo"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Ordo"] [member="Evi Sohl"] [member="Arrbi Betna"]

Rianna stopped she felt dizzy, she opened her eyes steading herself she could hear a noise it was Ordo weeping. It tore at her heart to hear this, she walked slowly over placing her hand on his chest as she walked around the table. Tenderly she put a hand to his cheek, "Jas'ika" she whispered. He was awake and she did not know how to react, great relief, over whelming joy, sorrow that he would remember.

She stayed there silent, trying to comfort him, and inviting the family to do the same. He had to know that they knew and were with him.

Some folk were better off dead.

Weeping men were creatures the twelve year old runt didn't understand, nor did she wish to. A Buir was supposed to be the strong one, the planet upon which a little girl could grow her sense of self and once again Ginnie's father was broken. Was it her? Did she do it? Was it the tax of having one more mouth to feed that caused the Dark Lord to venture so full and flowing into Jasper Ordo? Ginnie gulped and walked slowly up to [member="Ordo"]'s bedside. It didn't matter to the girl that [member="Arrbi Betna"] came in with the discretion of a freighter, the deaf girl couldn't hear him coming anyway, but she could feel the weight of him, the weight of them all through the powder and rubber of her boots. [member="Anija Ordo"] had Arrbi, [member="Rianna Ordo"] had Daddy, and [member="Evi Sohl"] . . . Evi'd be okay. Wasn't she always okay?

"His head's moving, but he ain't moving." The Healing Crystal of Fire's radiant warmth hit Ginnie's face with a red glow of reproach. Was there no faith left in this child? Ginnie pushed past the others to her father's bedside and tugged her left crush gaunt off her hand, ditching it to the floor with a clatter she wouldn't know she made. Taking a handkerchief from an ammo pocket, the tiny Mandalorian wiped at her father's eyes, her face a grim set of responsibility and childish selfish need to be loved and wanted with the rest.

"It's okay, Daddy. I'll be strong instead, until you're better." Or until. . . a curling wisp of darker currents surrounded the little Mando'ade, pressed around and hemmed her. She didn't have the healing touch of her mother, but Ginnie did her chores on time and she was convinced no Allit'Buir should have to survive hades to let his wife and kids see snot and tears on his face, when he couldn't do a darn thing about it. Ginnie kissed her father's forehead, then pressed her forehead against his,

'Daddy? I've got you. I'll be braver than anybody's ever been ever. That'll make you better.'

[member="Ginnie Ordo"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Ordo"] [member="Evi Sohl"] [member="Rianna Ordo"]

Betna watched his wife move to her father. It was still odd to call Anija that, though. Not a bad odd, just an odd odd. He figured he'd get used to it, though.

And Ordo. Ordo was an Alor before. Alor of the Ordo clan. Another warrior, another chieftan. Someone to fight and drink alongside other warriors and Alore. He was a leading force in the Mandalorian clans and the father of his girlfriend, now wife. That made him his father-in-law. His buir, too, though he'd already considered the man such when he'd decided he was going to ask Anija to marry him. It didn't make anything different, but it did make everything far more pointed.

Betna followed Rianna, Anija, and his new sisters over to the bacta tank. He watched Ginnie with Ordo quietly for a moment. He wasn't sensitive in the Force, but with the atmosphere here, he didn't have to be. He stepped up beside Anija and quietly wrapped one arm around her waist. He then looked at Ginnie for a moment. He'd been in her shoes before, though he'd been younger. He remembered the emotions then, though they'd been dulled by time as if they, too, had become scars of the past. This was something no child should be put through. Not knowing if a parent would survive was a terrible thing, especially when you were present for their battle.

Betna thought for a moment longer and very carefully placed his hand on Ginnie's shoulder. His grip was firm, but reassuring, through the armored glove. She and Evi were his sisters now. Rianna and Ordo were his buire now. He was, to an extent, a bit of an outsider to them, but even so he'd still be there for them. He'd still stand with them and bear their burdens. It was what family did.

And they were his family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom