Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Once upon a dinner party (Lisbeth, Theo)

The weeks had passed by slowly the nobles of Alderaan mourned a Queen they knew little about, and celebrated her successor with equal knowledge. In the time since the new Queen's taking office no one had mentioned a meeting of the nobles.

House Panteer however, wondered. High atop the valley, overlooking the lush green valley the House of Panteer towered above, looking with a critical eye onto the world of Alderaan. Ana moved about the great house, her dress full of ruffles and tulle, shushed against the floor as she moved, her soft soled shoes made not a sound. The messenger had been sent a week ago to invite the young Duke, Theodosius Organa to the great house for dinner.

She knew what her mother wanted to do in inviting Theodosius here, but was the young nobleman prepared to deal with the strength and power of Lisbeth Panteer. The torches were lit along the pathway leading up to the House, the bridge which crossed the expanse to their home was cleared and guards posted. House Panteer trusted no one, they waited for the next day of unrest.

@[member="Theodosius"] @[member="Lisbeth Panteer"]

Lisbeth Panteer was a beautiful but severe woman. The Dutchess of House Panteer was greatly concerned about the affairs among houses on Alderaan. Her house was among the most prominent and she aimed to keep it that way. The Queen's death and succession left her uneasy and eager to solidify House Panteer's position.

Not a week past, she had sent an invitation to House Organa, for the Duke Theodosius to join them for a meal. There would most certainly be a meal, but his company was not what she wanted most. It was his ears, eyes and tongue. The Dutchess needed to know whom he was speaking to, and what it was in regards to. Of course she could send spies, but why not try the horse's mouth first.

Her reflection showed that she was ready to present herself to the young Duke. She knew that her daughter would also be ready, and knew better than to embarass the House. Lisbeth made her way to the sitting room where they would host their guest for appetizers.

@[member="Anastacia Fa'leen"] @[member="Theodosius"]

In the moment the scenery outside of the speeder’s windows were lost as Theo’s mind was far to preoccupied. The beauty of nature was something he did no normally ignore. He did not bother to look out the window and see over the railing into the vast expanse of darkness. It was over a mile down to the bottom and to the river bellow. He did not bother to look up into the darkened sky at the twinkling stars in the sky. His mind was upon his home Alderaan and his duties to its people.

Tonight was about fealty to his home and his people. Eyes closed as he rode in the back seat Theo practiced the breathing techniques he had learned as a young boy. Such techniques were meant for Jedi to focus their minds on the serenity of the moment. To find peace within in and to clear their minds to focus on the task ahead.

Such a peaceful state it made the ride end that much quicker. With the speeder coming to a full stop Theo opened his eyes. He was certain they had arrived as there was no stops planned before he had reached the Panteer Palace. Changing the expressionless expression upon his face, Theo smiled warmly and the speeder door opened.

Looking out he was pleased to see he was standing before the steeps of the palace. It help to give some honesty to his smile. He was honestly pleased at that moment. ‘Let the games begin’, he internally thought climbing the steps of the palace.

Word spread like wildfire throughout the great house that the Organa Duke had arrived, Ana smoothed out the skirts of her dress made sure that every button, was closed and straight. A single glance into a mirror told her that her hair had remained in place.

As she descended the staircase leading to the front, to the receiving foyer she could hear the servant answering the door, "Lord Organa come in" Jasper whispered so as to keep the echo down around the house. Each of the Noble houses seem to have that problem with the carrying of sound, there were very few secrets in this house. Ana reached the final step her shoes made no sound, the soft leather upon the tiled floor was nothing more than a simple swoosh across.

Ana smiled, "Lord Organa" She curtsied to him, "Welcome to House Panteer, we are exceptionally pleased that you were able to attend this evening" Ana moved forward holding out her hand, in a traditional greeting.

"My Mother, Lady Panteer will join us in but a moment, can I interest you in a drink?" Ana watched him, just as she had that first time. She noticed then, and now his movements were deliberate, he had planned out the strategy for tonight, it would be interesting to seem him in verbal action against her mother.

“Thank you”, Theo did not whisper when he politely answer the butler and walked in. Let his voice carry. He was here to let it be heard. Just through the door he caught the vision of Anastacia without a outstretched hand in formal greeting to Theo.

“Lady Fa’leen”, he took her hand in his and gently kissed her hand as tradition demanded. A drink now? Theo did not have to think long upon that. “The offer is much appreciated M’lady. However, I shall await a little longer tell we are further into the evening for a drink”, he did note that the Duchess Panteer was absent.

This was where a charming character would come in handy. Just how charming did he feel at that moment? To much of either one could be over whelming. Giving her the lead might open up possibilities. It was also a gracious way to let her be the hostess.

Ana smiled, "Of course you will indulge me then and allow me to have one" She began walking towards the parlor, looking back at him he had not changed in his demeanor. He was still making the impression that he was in charge and he would be heard. Ana stepped toward the sideboard, and poured herself a glass of tea. She did not traditionally drink alcohol she preferred tea.

She turned, "Are you sure I cannot get you something Mother is still preparing, and I am afraid you are stuck with my entertaining until she is ready to make her appearance" Her mother wanted to make him wait some to see how he would handle it when she finally appeared.

"Have you been well Lord Organa?" She stood there, smiling softly, her dress as prim and proper as could be.

@[member="Theodosius"]

“Of course M’lady”, Theo followed Ana. “If it would please the lady, please do have a drink”, he found himself in the parlor with Ana.

He looked along one wall. He took careful attention to what type of paintings they had within the parlor. “I have been well”, turning Theo smiled to Ana. “You entertaining me” Theo could not help himself by smirking. “I fear M’lady I’m getting the better deal”, yes he paused leaving the words out there. Words that could be misconstrued in several different ways. Was he saying he would prefer to be in her company then her mothers? Maybe it was a remark far more personal.

“You’re far more charming the me”, Theo walked over picked up the crystal decanter. Instead of pouring himself a drink he refilled the portions of her drink she had sipped away.

@[member="Anastacia Fa'leen"] @[member="Lisbeth Panteer"]

'Thank you, would not do if my ever emptied of ice tea" She smiled, "you are quite the story teller Lord Organa, I am always quite taken by your presence and, the sound of your voice" Ana stepped away slightly a lingering look to her left where he stood.

"Since this is your first visit to House Panteer, perhaps a view of the gardens would be in order" She walked slowly toward the curtained french doors, "There was a time when a portion of the gardens were used for the marching of Panteer troops" Ana turned back, "Mother says" Ana stopped, "that some land may have to be cleared to allow the troops a place for practice, does House Organa have such a place?"

@[member="Theodosius"]

He smiled even though he thought it was a shame she just announced it was only ice tea in her glass. He did not need to the Force to tell him she step a bit away and glanced over her shoulder in his direction.

“Maybe”, he gave a brief answer to her statement of viewing the gardens. Turning about Theo sauntered over. Theo stopped slightly behind her and to her left. He was far more interested in the words she had chosen rather then the beauty of the gardens. “Such things are done out of necessity. Is there a reason why your mother would feels she needs a greater sense of security?”

Ana did not turn back, she had expected him to come closer. "There are reason for all Noble houses to feel a greater security, don't you think Lord Organa?" She could not look back, that hint of fear in her face remained knowing what she had overheard from her mother, and that she may bring this up now.

It was all a chess game and Ana was still learning, she swallowed easily, "It would be a shame to plow over the roses Lord Organa, they are so lovely when in bloom. Everyone should grow roses, don't you think?" Gardens were far better than parade fields for certain. "There are rumors that your Aunt the Dutchess has recently married, is that true?" Ana had changed the subject, only to leave this talk of trust for the moment.

@[member="Theodosius"]

His Aunt marrying was a touchy subject indeed.. Theo closed his eye thinking about it a brief second. Part of him was extremely happy for her. Then there was that portion of him knew what was coming. She did not even bother to hide her disdain for the new Queen and married without approval. Alderaan would not recognize the marriage in such a case. Rianna risk not only the wrath of the Queen but disapproval from the other nobles and the people of Alderaan. Such a stain could and would reflect badly on the House of Organa. It would be his mess to clean up. Choosing better it would be up to him to smooth things over with the other houses and the Queen.

“Roses are very pleasing to the eye. It does not feed the bellies nor the souls of our people. The people of Alderaan long ago sought peace before violence. We disbanded the war like traditions we once had to achieve the great enlightenment we once had. The Queen has had us abounded such noble traditions in favor of the sword. We are no longer the people we once were. You will not find me displeasured by the notion of House Panteer wishing a greater since of security.”

Theo did not mention anything about his Aunt. It would take a great sense of trust for him to begin such talks or no avenue to change the subject.

Now Ana looked over at him, "Roses have thorns Lord Organa, beautiful to the eye but if you do not know how to hold them, or treat them they will bite you" Ana took a slow sip from her glass. She noticed that he did not mention his Aunt.

"No one that I am aware outside of my social circle thinks that anyone in your family has commited a crime that would require a punishment. Some have said it could be an advantage" Ana was delving into a subject she knew she needed to leave for her mother. "Lord Organa, there are many things in this house, that are lovely to look at, some are even fragile to the touch, but know in this house everything has a purpose, and is stronger than most think"

Ana moved off to her right, "my Ancestors the Panteers have always been a strong house, the last civil war only occured because the Queen could not produce an heir to succeed, and the others fought over the throne. No one wants to see war, but sometimes it is needed. Don't you think?"

@[member="Theodosius"]

Theo stepped forward to the window when Ana walked away. His refection in the window was calm. Thoughtful yet penitent. There was something he was thinking about yet not being fully forth coming yet. “Lady Fa’leen, did you know I was once a Jedi Knight? Do you hear the tale of why I had become a Jedi and why I left?”

Ana looked back at him, "There was a rumor Lord Organa, but no I did not know truthfully until this moment that you were, so will you tell me why you left?" Ana knew House Organa had a long history with the Jedi, why one of their own would leave was surprising.

There had been much speculation about House Organa since its restoration, and the family having moved back to Alderaan but no one had been daring enough to ask the questions outight, why were they back?

@[member="Theodosius"]

His reflection did not change as he thought about where to begin the tale. “I left the Order for my family and for Alderaan. I left my place in the Jedi Order to devote all my time to the House of Organa and to Alderaan. The Organa’s belong here regardless of what happened. Someone had tried to kill every last Organa. But my Mother and my Aunt had survived. Through their survival the Organa line had survived. It would have been selfish on my part to have stayed in the order. It would have been selfish if I did not have shown my love for my family and for Alderaan. I’m not here because of personal right. I’m here out of duty and obligation”, Theo turned around looking Ana’s eyes, “That is why I’m here Lady Fa’leen. Why are you here M’lady”, the easy answer would be that she lives here but she would know that is not what he meant.

@Theodosius @[member="Anastacia Fa'leen"]

Lisbeth arrived at the sitting room, and one of the servants announced her to their guest. "Lady Panteer has arrived." The Mistress of the house dismissed the servant with a wave of her hand before pausing in the middle of the seating area.

"Lord Organa, Welcome to the house of Panteer. If there is anything that you desire, you need only ask." It was unlikely that he would ask her for anything, and she knew that.

The Lady of the House offered a smile. "I do hope that I haven't kept you waiting." She offered her hand as her daughter had just minutes before.

Ana stepped away from Lord Organa, she smiled weakly she had not answered his question as to why she was here, duty to her family was foremost she knew he would understand that just based on what he said to her.

But in his words she saw that far away look, a matter of obligation when one gives up the hopes and dreams that they had for themselves to see to the success of their family. She understood, quite well. "Mother, Lord Organa was just telling me a little about House Organa and all they've done to secure it's presence on Alderaan" Meaning that Theo was the reason for their success, his presence secured House Organa's presence.

Ana looked to her mother again, "A drink mother, there is ice tea" She would not retrieve it unless she was told her mother hated waste.

@[member="Lisbeth Panteer"]
@[member="Theodosius"]

Hearing the voice of a servant directed his attention to the entrance of the Dutchess. The vernacular the servant had chosen to use to introduce his lady seemed very reserved and gave the hint of less formality. Was the Dutchess giving him a subtle hint to make him feel more at home? Was a it a hint to be a more intimate setting? A evening dinner party without a little bit of cocktails seemed oddly different. Maybe influence a bit with Anastacia’s innocence?

“Thank you Lady Panteer”, Theo took a couple steeps away from the window. “During your absence I did have some lovely company. She was just telling me how you were thinking of clearing some room for marching troops. I cant blame you for wishing a greater amount of security for your family considering the times we live in.” Why not straight to business!
@[member="Lisbeth Panteer"] @[member="Anastacia Fa'leen"]

@Theodosius @[member="Anastacia Fa'leen"]

Lisbeth smiled. "I would like to hear more about that too, Lord Organa." She nodded to her daughter, indicating that she would in fact like some iced tea.

As she listened to Theo telling her all the information that her daughter had offered, she inwardly was irritated. It did not show on her face, or her stance. When Ana offered her the glass, she gave her daughter a stern look before smiling and offering her thanks. "Thank you dear."

The Duchess took a seat, and gestured for them to join her in seats. "I'm told that the first course will be served in twenty minutes. Are you sure you wouldn't like a drink, Lord Organa?"

The pleasantries were never overlooked. Business could always wait. With that settled, she responded to his earlier comment. "These are very troubling times indeed." And she paused to sip her iced tea.

Ana noticing the nod of acceptance from her mother moved over to retrieve another glass to fill, the coolness of the pitcher she hoped would help to keep cool heads in the room. Or perhaps alcohol would lessen the growing sensattions in the room.

As Ana handed her mother the glass she saw the other look that she was long acquainted with her disapproval. Ana looked over to Lord Organa, she was interested in how this banter of words would turn out, and would they agree or were they going to have to approach House Ulgo, or another lesser house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom