Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Once more to the round table

Claire was preparing for another trip this time to Ession preparing to meet with [member="Kainan Wolfe"] The Lord of Shrouds, also the Head of State for the Shrouded Republic. The name made her feel odd after everything that had happened she wasn't sure of traveling alone. She had thought to ask [member="Andorreth Vikar"] to serve as her protection detail he was most capable and effective. He had proven his abilities when he rescued her from the pirates but this was short notice and she was not one to impose on him without sufficient notice. Perhaps though if she had taken the time she wouldn't feel this apprehension growing in her stomach.

She trembled as she remembered that day and all that had happened. She hoped that this trip would be less eventful. Her only task at this time was to meet and discuss trade terms. Once she had an agreement she was to head back and then Faith would call a meeting of the Assembly to let them know that the FWC had made an agreement.

There had been little time to find a ship and outfit it with more 'teeth' so she uttered some prayers and gave the order to leave. Once they were on approach Captain Asher would tell her.

In the meantime she worked on documents and prepared what to say to him.

vsd48.jpg
[-SOUNDTRACK-]​
Attn: [member="Claire Organa"]
  • Star Destroyer Argent Dawn
    Shrouded Republic Flagship, Deep Space

Since Ession's fall, the Shrouded Republic had been on the run, its fleet moving from system to system, gathering survivors, acquiring resources and recruiting new people for the Lord of Shroud's vision of a republic which was above the light and dark sides of the Force, one which focused on the needs of its people, rather than religious dogma.

The Shrouded Republic was a nomadic fleet, which was constantly growing in size and strength, but one with powerful enemies in the Sith and Galactic Empires, who were willing to hunt it down to the ends of the galaxy and would not stop until every single one of the four hundred thousand souls aboard the fleet, was dead, civilians included. The Shrouded needed allies, if their vision was to succeed and the leader of the movement knew this.

Therefore, a meeting was arranged, with representatives from the Free Worlds Coalition, a meeting which would take place aboard the flagship of the Shrouded fleet, which also served in the role of government center, a mobile capital for a nation which held no territory other than the ships in the fleet and a few scattered, well-hidden bases in various parts of the galaxy.

The Shrouded Republic was a mysterious faction. Its people mostly kept to themselves and the growing nomadic nation surrounded itself in a veil of secrecy, legends and speculation. Their leader, one Kainan Wolfe, was a non-Force User who was rumored to have killed a Sith Lord in battle and was known to have faced Darth Karnifex, Dark Lord of the Sith, in the battle of Krayiss II, though he had been forced to retreat. Through cunning and sheer grit, the mysterious Lord of Shrouds had taken the Dominion's remnants and had forged them into a nation.

Claire Organa, the representative from the Free Worlds Coalition and her entourage, would be received in the Star Destroyer's hangar by a unit of Wolfguards, Kainan Wolfe's elite commandos and personal guards, warriors with a ferocious reputation, fanatically loyal and rumored to be almost as good as the Empire's novatroopers. She would then be led to the warlord's office, which was a short distance from the Argent Dawn's bridge.

Claire's entourage was just her. She had a secretary yes but she did not accompany Claire everywhere it to Claire felt odd to have some shadow her every movement.

This meeting however was one for her diary most times she attended meetings on a planet in a conference room where all the benefits and trappings of why the Coalition should offer a contract to them, why they would make good allies, and why they needed to have permission to use cross their space. This meeting would be on a ship, that had a number of ships following. Nomads of the Galaxy.

Her ship began to approach the Captain asking for permission to dock while Claire prepared herself for the meeting. She wanted to be the example of an Alderaan Ambassador. She often tried to be what people expected to see. She would wear the blue gown representative of the Royal Family and of Alderaan. She smiled at her image and hoped that the Lord of Shrouds would have his expectations met in what he hoped to see of an Alderaani representative.

[member="Kainan Wolfe"]

The Wolfguards moved with a discipline, precision and silence which contradicted the feral appearance that their cloaks gave them, cloaks which ended in a wolf's-head hood that stood on top of their helmets, giving them the appearance of savage hunters and warriors from primitive times long past. They led the ambassador to an office which was a mere stone's throw away from the massive warship's bridge, a sign that this warlord liked a more hands-on approach to things. He was a man who seemingly led by example.

The office was lavishly, but tastefully furnished and decorated. A legless reading table that hovered on hidden repulsorlifts took the center of the room, surrounded by comfortable looking couches. The walls were lined with shelves that contained a mixture of holodisks and even actual paper books, an expensive rarity which was rarely seen these days. In the spaces that hadn't been taken up by the shelves which contained the warlord's impressive library, silver murals had been fixed to the walls, murals which depicted scenes from a battle, of desperate soldiers making a final stand against advancing Sith horrors. Some of the murals depicted wolves chasing prey in a forest.

The most breathtaking sight, however, was the warlord's desk. Made out of intricately carved wood, the large desk had several blank sheets of real paper stacked upon it, a silver inkwell which held an actual fountain pen, as well as a more modern holoterminal. Facing the desk, were two comfortable, but modest-looking chairs, meant for visitors to use as they faced the ruler of the nomadic nation. Wolfe's chair, which sat on the opposite side, was large, high-backed and almost throne-like in appearance. Behind the desk, a large viewport spanned the entire wall, showing nothing but the empty space beyond. It was a scene which conveyed the warlord's power. Behind him, there was nothing, just the empty void. The chair was empty, however, as the warlord awaited the ambassador's arrival standing on his feet, in front and a little to the side of the reading table.

He was a little above average height for a human male and had a well-built physique. His dark brown hair was streaked with white, making him look older than he actually was and his eyes were intense and as blue and cold as ice. He wore a heavy-looking leather coat, with fur padding on the shoulders and upper back, held together by a silver clasp shaped like a snarling wolf's head, over a sharply-cut military uniform that bore the insignia of rank. This was Kainan Wolfe, Lord of Shrouds, warlord and democratically-elected leader of the Shrouded Republic.

"Greetings, ambassador Organa. I am Kainan Wolfe," he said in a polite and formal tone, returning her smile as his hand waved towards the couches, an invitation for her to take a seat. "I am honored you came to this meeting. That is a lovely dress, I must say," spoke the man, more words of formality that were usually spoken by properly-educated gentlemen to a lady of high station.

Waiting for her to take a seat before he did, he then continued with the series of polite formalities before getting down to business. "Would you like some refreshments? Tea, perhaps?" he asked. In anticipation of this meeting, Wolfe had instructed the Star Destroyer's kitchen staff to procure recipes and ingredients for Alderaanian food and beverage that were popular in the upper echelons of the Alderaanian society. This was an important meeting and he wanted to insure that the ambassador from the Free Worlds Coalition was received properly.

She did not know which was more impressive the room with its ornate carved furniture and antiquities or the man [member="Kainan Wolfe"] . It was very clear that he felt a kinship with the wolves that adorned the walls but perhaps more interesting was the underlying theme of the predator overtaking its prey.

Claire brought her attention back to the man as she crossed the room he was tall, well-built she could see from the clothing he wore that they were tailored to his physique. His clothes breathed and moved with him beneath she could imagine how the muscles corded and relaxed with each movement. His eyes caught her for a moment she held her breath his gaze could hold someone to the very spot she stood. It was more than his eyes it was how he presented himself the room, the ambiance, all of it lended itself to create that moment that told a visitor you are in the presence of the Lord of Shrouds.

She caught her breath and reminded herself to keep moving she couldn’t help but notice the silver clasp shaped into a wolf’s head that in her mind confirmed he was a hunter, a predator. He was dangerous in all the ways that good girls liked. He was tall, dark, handsome and master of his destiny.

“Mi’Lord thank you for allowing me to come and speak with you” She blushed when he said her dress was lovely it gave her the affirmation that the time spent had been well worth it, he noticed. “It is a lovely dress one of my own designs.” She wanted to show off some of her own talents too, not that knowing how to create a seam was the same as fighting a battle. Unless the seamstress was fussing then it could be a battle. The needle could win.

Tea would be lovely and please call me Claire.” She did not ask what kind of tea he had it would have been rude to do so. She would sip whatever variety her brought out, she loved tea. A common trait among Alderaani.

Your office Mi’lord Wolfe is stunning and reflects upon you with only the highest of compliments. Are you fond of wolves?” She asked wishing to confirm what she suspected.

Wolfe smiled and sat down in a couch opposite to her. Pressing a button on the armrest, he silently summoned a servant, who came walking in with a silver tray upon which sat a steaming pot of tea, silver tea spoons and a set of ornate porcelain cups, also adorned with silvery images of wolves chasing prey. The servant then left as silently as he entered. Wolfe then proceeded to pour two cups of tea, the first one for his guest and the second one for himself. "Do you prefer sugar, or honey?" he asked, pointing to a pair of small, transparent, lidded bowls. He took a sip from his own cup, not bothering to add any sweeteners. He seemed to prefer his tea bitter.

"Wolves are interesting creatures," he told Claire, his tone and the look in his eyes mysterious. "Unlike most beasts that prowl this galaxy, wolves fight smart. They use strategy, cooperation and clever tricks to take down prey many times their size. And they understand hardship and the value of sacrifice like no other creature," spoke the warlord, his eyes fixed on hers. "A wolf also never forgets a harm that is done to him," he added, his tone subtly hinting that great wrath would befall on anyone who betrayed him. Such as High Moff Malvern, who had stabbed him and his nation in the back, twice.

"I thank you for the compliments, Claire. This office represents a lot of things. The images you see on these walls, tell the story of my nation's past... and of its future," he said, implying perhaps that the scenes of wolves chasing prey were meant to represent the eventual downfall of the Shrouded Republic's enemies. This warlord seemed a dangerous and cunning man, one who did not forgive those who harmed him and his people. He was the kind of man who's plans would one day shake the very foundations of the galaxy. Though by the time the galaxy figured out what he intended, it would already be too late to stop him.

"This is not the first time I find myself in the company of someone of noble birth. Although, it is the first time that it leaves a pleasant impression," said the warlord, his tone polite and formal. "Usually, I find that nobles are poisonous snakes that bite the hands which feed them and treat everyone around them like slaves. I find it a pleasant experience to meet a noble who does not match that description," he said to her.

Of course, he omitted the part that he was born as a Coruscant gutter rat, or that he had spent his childhood as a nameless slave gladiator, forced to kill others like him for the entertainment of the Sith. Raising his hands a little, as if to take in everything around him, he spoke. "I come from more humble origins. Everything that you see around me, I have built from scratch. Through hard work, determination and spilled blood. This is just the beginning, though," he told her, hinting that he had some grand plan for the future.

"I'm glad you find me pleasant think of how much easier it will be for us to talk about your Fleet, and the future of the Shrouded Republic" She took the tea, "Oh nothing I like to taste my tea not cover it up with sweetener. One should drink stimcaf if they want sugar and milk rather than tea."

The cup was light in her hand it told of the quality of the porcelain it was made from. She couldn't help but notice the continued theme of the wolf and after listening to his explanation of them she understood him even a bit more. Each thing that he revealed about his surroundings, and himself told her how she needed to react. Everything in the room told her something about the leader of the Shrouded Republic. His manner of dress, maybe she could design him a new suit if he'd let her show off her skills a little.

He was driven you don't grow up on the streets and become someone without it. Confirmation to Claire he knew what he wanted. The veiled threat there of how wolves never forget, she would hate to be the one standing on the other side of the cold hard stare. She could imagine just how much tension he could radiate by himself with those eyes. Goddess help anyone on the receiving end.

"I myself have humble beginnings, I know hard to believe with a name like Organa. I think you would be surprised perhaps" If he only knew about Claire's history he'd be surprised to find out that they shared a few things. Her family had left Alderaan in the middle of civil war they left with nothing not even their name. All her life she was Claire Treadway. They lived on the streets of Balmorra begging at first, finding jobs seconds, when they fled Alderaan they fled everything that had to do with House Organa.

They built they own futures their own lives.

She built her own company, Contessa. She couldn't help but to smile at him if anything they would perhaps understand one another.

"Tell me Kainan, you don't mind if I call you Kainan do you?" She held her cup in her lap, "What do you see as the future for the Shrouded Republic?"

His plans would tell her how the Coalition could help. A nomadic fleet could only muster so much in goods, so there was a possibility there. Medical supplies, food goods, technology, access to the trade routes in Coalition space.

[member="Kainan Wolfe"]

Wolfe listened to her vague explanation and concluded she probably had to flee her homeworld, like countless others, because of the civil war which gripped the galaxy towards the end of the One Sith's reign. He chose not to tell her that he was rotting away in jail at the time, on charges of smuggling. "The empire of the One Sith tore many lives apart," he said. "It is what drove me to pursue the path I am currently on."

Then the woman in front of him chose to address him by his name, which he found odd and led him to the conclusion that she was developing a minor infatuation towards him. This bit about her personality may be useful at a later date, however he chose to keep a certain distance for now. "Its only fair, since you also asked me not to call you by your title," he said, the words friendly, although he kept his tone formal.

Her question, however, wasn't a surprise. He was expecting something like that. "I see many things. We may be a nomadic fleet for now, but one day, we will find a home of our own. There, we will build ourselves a nation on the foundations of liberty, democracy and security. We will have our freedom, as well as the means to defend it. And once we do, we will turn our eyes towards the things which perpetuate oppression, conflict and injustice in this galaxy. And we will take the appropriate steps to remove those things."

He leaned forward, his eyes fixed on hers as he spoke with a fierce, burning passion. "I see a galaxy at peace, Claire. A galaxy where everyone has a chance to flourish, where every child grows up happy and lives a content and productive life, without ever having to fear the horrors of slavery and war," he said. It was clear that this was only a very broad description of his grand plans, but the way he spoke made it clear that he would insure that these plans would come to fruition, no matter what it took to achieve that.

[member="Kainan Wolfe"]

She had not really told him the story but perhaps he could hear her thoughts some either way she understood the need to do better and rise above circumstances.

The Sith had torn many lives apart, "Sith it seems just crave that power but the sad part I think they will always be around, always waiting patiently for their turn once more to reek havoc upon all those who don't want to live according to their rules" She spoke softly remembering things that had chilled her to the core of her being. What Sith could do, she and Tory had fled Balmorra with Sith chasing them. They had killed her parents. She knew too well what they could do.

She listened to the tone of his voice and while he may have picked up on her hint of seeing him as the romantic lead in one of her books her purpose here was not to find a romance but to negotiate a deal with the Shrouded Republic. She just couldn't help that her personality seeped out at times. She smiled.

He had the commitment to lead his people. This was good that meant he would do whatever it took for them. In all the meetings she had attended over the last few years good leaders were committed, strong, and had vision. It would seem Kainan was just that. That was good.

"From what I've learned in these last few moments I can say to you that the Coalition is dedicated to peace I would say we have that in common. They are a group that want seek growth for the companies and planets within their influence and are alway seeking like minded people and groups. Your fleet is currently nomadic moving from system to system, one thing that the Coalition will offer is permission to move through the corridors under their influence.But perhaps" Claire moved to put her cup on a table it was time to remove the day dreaming and into what her purpose was.

"There are other things we can offer, kolto, access to Zeltros, the ability to negotiate with any of the shipping moguls on Kuat, and Rendili." She paused letting her words sink in.

"Would any of that interest you?" She wasn't sure of the answer, but she kept her words clear, in a formal tone, and yet she herself was soft and approachable. Her thoughts though were what can they offer the Coalition?

Wolfe waited patiently for her to speak, his keen mind picking apart every word and filing away the conclusions. "The Sith... are a symptom of a greater disease," he replied, his tone cryptic. "However, I assure you that this issue will be dealt with, in due time. There will come a time when such problems will be a thing of the past."

The warlord understood her concerns about the Sith and their ways, however unlike her, he had a vision of the future which intentionally excluded Jedi and Sith. A grand plan to eliminate the source of the problem, once and for all. However, he was not about to tell her that. Few individuals in the galaxy's long history, had the mental capacity and willpower to understand and do what was truly necessary in order to put an end to the cycle of conflict and violence. He would keep his plans to himself and by the time the galaxy figured out what he was up to, it would already be too late.

"The fact that the Coalition is dedicated to peace, is reassuring," the warlord said. "Though personally, I couldn't care less about companies and moguls, who are often untouched by the great crises of the galaxy. I stand up for the common people, who usually find themselves abandoned to fend for themselves, whenever tragedy strikes."

"Kolto is a very useful resource, one which our hospital ships could use, provided that it is available at an affordable price. Access to Zeltros could also be useful, though again, it depends on what it will cost us, as would the ability to purchase ships from the Kuati and Rendili facilities and pass through Coalition space undeterred," he said. "My only question is what does the Coalition desire in return."

She felt his eyes on her he was studying her as much as she studied him. His words, his actions, right down to every movement of his body she took in details she had to know how to talk to him to make headway. His words could be as hard as the wooden objects that surrounded them in the room.

She did not know what his intentions were for the galaxy she only hoped that whatever it was they could be friendly. "One of the things the Coalition seeks is non aggression. The second is an exchange of ideas through involvement with each other as for the ship yards you need only to contact their owners and make a deal with them. It is up to them to enter into a contract the Coalition does not interfere in their business." She waited to see how these things would go over.

The kolto was different the Coalition acted as an Agent for the Manaan council until they found a representative they wished to negotiate on their behalf. And as for Zeltros it was a pleasure world, to deny anyone access would hurt Zeltros there would be no problems there, but first to see what was said about non aggression.

This was stage one, stage two could become more delicate and a need for additional tact on her part.

[member="Kainan Wolfe"]

The warlord listened to her terms and responded with a nod of understanding. "The Shrouded Republic is not prone to aggressive actions, unless threatened," he said to her. "Therefore, I don't believe there will be any issues between our respective governments, in this regard."

"Information exchanges are a more difficult and delicate matter, however," the warlord said, his voice and demeanor guarded. "You have to understand that in order to insure our survival, we have to rely on secrecy, in a lot of aspects Things such as what military and civilian assets we have throughout the galaxy, our finances and resources, the locations of our agents," Wolfe explained, hinting at the vast intelligence network which the Shrouded Republic was rumored to have.

The nomadic nation was young, but they had already begun to acquire an impressive reputation as an organization which had access to vast stores of knowledge and a network of agents which would give them fairly accurate information about whichever subject they were interested in. These factors combined with the prowess of their well organized military to give them capabilities which were impressive, for a nation of their size.

"In regards to your shipyards, I am pleased to hear that they are open for business. We have some shipbuilding capabilities of our own, but we would be willing to work with your companies in areas where our facilities are inadequate," he said, confirming yet another impressive rumor, that they had a shipyard of their own, which was logical, given that they fielded ships of their own design. This also meant that they had planetary facilities, somewhere, which were capable of supporting a shipyard.

[member="Kainan Wolfe"]

"It would be understood that information regarding the Shrouded Republic would have to remain shall I say shrouded. When we speak of an exchange of information it would be more along the lines of intelligence. If you hear someone is going to attack the Coalition that would be something you would share with our Queen. Just as if we heard something we would tell you. If we are all to survive any uprisings in power we would have to work together. That is why we ask about information sharing"

Claire made sure she was clear she did not want a misunderstanding and to be sure they were speaking about intelligence as information not the exposure of weaknesses that could exist within each of their own realms.

The Queen of Alderaan had been a Minister of Intelligence during the time of the Galactic Republic she would know the importance of the protection of information.

She nodded, "yes we do not seek to hurt the companies within the Coalition. We want to protect their rights to have their businesses and succeed with them." If they only knew how many companies were within their influence Rendili Shipyards, the yards on Kuat were just the tip of the mountain so to speak.

"As for the Kolto how much do you think you could use?" She shifted to go back to her relaxed position. "What are you willing to give for it?" An odd negotiation tactic but she just wanted to know where his mind was at on this subject and how much did he want it. Not that she wanted to hold it for ransom but she knew how precious the kolto was and bartering it had to bring something of value to the people of Manaan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom