Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Once Awake

Orrico paused for a moment, looking over the readout. He slowly shook his head. "Now understand that I'm going on a VERY limited understanding here, but it doesn't look like it to me. He's perfectly healthy, outside of this....brain activity." Orrico put his hands on his hips. "I've never seen anything like it. Best I can come up with is some form of hallucination. The brain is being tricked into responding to false stimuli. In this case, the brain is responding to nerve endings in his chest sending signals that he's been stabbed. But, as you can see, he's not actually been stabbed."

Orrico turned to look at Lori. ​"Dunno what kind of hallucinogenics would cause something like this, and I'm...fairly well versed, I suppose."

[member="Gray Venasir"] @Daiya @Loreena Arenais

Lori chewed the inside of her cheek. She wasn't quite sure of what to make about @Voph. He was a strange man, indeed. But also very confused.

"Well he's unconscious.
We can't just drop him off somewhere like this. We'll have to wait until after he's woken back up."
Nor would she want to drop him off anywhere dangerous. Neutral territory would be best.

She looked to the readouts and tried to understand them. "I guess that he's not hurt anywhere else. So that's good. Gives us more options as to where we could drop him off. I just wish that I knew where...."

[member="Daiya"] [member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Orrico Wayke"]

"Coruscant...Corellia...Nar Shadda...I got a whole list of places we could drop him off." He set his datapad on the spare table, and looked at Lori. "Frankly, lil' lady, I think we'd best be ditchin him soon as we can. I don't care what you think of him and how likely he is to hurt us...Force users are trouble. Plus....that Star Destroyer he jettisoned from?"

Orrico tapped a button on his datapad, and it displayed a holoimage of the ship. "Ship's scanners finished assembling a profile on it. Looks like an old design. Really old. Harrower class, if I'm not mistaken. But...it's...well..."

Orrico summoned a second image. A rather infamous Star Destroyer, The Executor. The dreadnought that had been destroyed in the Battle of Endor. A massive ship in its own right. The ship they had just encountered was equally as big. "Whoever has that kind of tech...and they're mean enough that he's running from em..." Orrico glanced at Lori as the holo images disappeared. "We're in over our heads here. If they realize we've got him. They might come back for us."

[member="Loreena Arenais"]

The Force? That was the magic power the Jedi and Sith used, right? Daiya’s upbringing hadn’t afforded her many opportunities to really learn about the galaxy at large, not that Denon’s attention to the low-mid levels existed far beyond making sure the inhabitants didn’t kill each other, or blow up the city’s foundation. Other programs, like education or policing petty crimes, were met with general apathy. So most of what she knew about the Sith was mere hearsay and stories.

Stories like the one Gray was telling her now. She had seen the cruelty of sentients herself, and borne witness to more than a few incidents like the one he was describing, just without the magical Force. The tale of lightning and his severed finger didn’t exactly scare the girl, but it did give her more to think about given their strange visitor below.

He seemed weak, but Daiya had the same feeling about the man, that something was not at all right with him, that any weakness was an illusion to be quickly discarded. The sooner they got rid of him, the better, and as she fingered the grip of her blaster, the girl again felt the urge to be downstairs and ready to put the darth down.

Gray’s invitation to play sabacc was a welcome one. She’d played the game before, of course, what else was there to do while hanging out in a bar without the ability to drink? But, she flashed a grin in his direction, Gray didn’t need to know that. “I don’t think so. That’s the gambling one, right?” She nodded eagerly, “You can teach me!

[member="Voph"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Gray Venasir"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"]​

It had been a long time since Gray had played a decent match of sabacc. Or any match for that matter. It seemed Daiya hadn't played it before, or she was trying to fool him to make it easier for her. Probably not, as she was just a young teenager. It was most likely his paranoia that made him think like that. Anyway, he was happy that she seemed eager to learn and play. "Yep, it's gambling. And the only thing With as many lies and cheating as politics."

He pulled up the Cards, and began shuffeling them. "Well, the rules aren't that hard, actually" He began telling her the rules, trying to not make it confusing, and choosing to use a simple Version of it. When she had trained and become good at it, he would probably teach her the more Advanced rules. They actually needed a dealer to make it official, it tended to end in a brawl otherwise, but since they'd just play for fun now it was not necessary.

When the Cards were shuffled enough, he dealt out. He would og easy on her the first match. And he would try to not cheat. Sometimes it just came as a reflex or Instinct, but he would try. Instead, he would talk With her while they played. It was seen as cheating some Places, as it distracted the players, but he would do it to just have a pleasent conversation. "I don't think I know much about you before this crew. What did you do? Where are you from?" He didn't expect that she wanted to tell him, he just thought it could be a way to start a conversation. He himself did not like to talk about his past, before he became a smuggler, very much. Only to People he completly trusted.

[member="Daiya"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Voph"]

Lori listened quietly. Her attention would constantly move to between [member="Voph"] and [member="Orrico Wayke"] . She was quite surprised at the type of ship that the Sith Lord had escaped from. It was such a big mystery full of many, many questions.

Yet it wasn't her mystery to solve.

Her Mom loved mysteries though! There were oodles of mystery holo-novels and holo-films in her library. She could handle anything that was thrown at her, couldn't she?

"Alright...Let's maybe take him to Commenor. He'd at least be safe there until he gets better. And there'd be people there to make sure he's not a danger either."

The last thing that she needed was to put everyone in danger because of her curiosity. She'd never forgive herself if one of them died...

[member="Daiya"] [member="Gray Venasir"]

Orrico nodded, and turned to leave the medbay. He walked to the back of the ship, rounding the corner to the stairs up to the flight deck. As he neared the cockpit, he heard Gray and Daiya in the midst of a card game. Or an explanation for one. He made his way to the pilot's chair. "Clear seat, Gray." Orrico moved around the chair giving Gray precious little time to get up lest Orrico sit on him. He began to adjust the heading on the ship to direct them towards Commenor as their final destination.

"Boss has decided we're going to drop our passenger off on the home turf." He flipped a couple of switches, then said, "I've got the controls the rest of the way. And...if our passenger wakes up, someone be sure to feed him." Orrico sat down in the chair he'd been standing over till Gray vacated it. He leaned back and sighed quietly. He was musing on something. And it was something that bothered him. He glanced over at Daiya and Gray and said, "That guy scares me. Not cause he's Sith, but....He was telling the truth."

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Daiya"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom