Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Once Awake

The dark chamber was filled with a single, shuddering gasp. A hand came to his chest, pressing against the pain he felt in his core. Voph lay there panting for a moment. He'd had another nightmare. Another vision of his inevitable death. He sighed, and sat up carefully, chest still sore. He reached up to adjust his blindfold, only to find out he wasn't wearing it. That was right, he never wore his blindfold while in his chambers.

His attention turned to his tunic laid out beside him. Tunic. He'd been in his armor when he'd gone to sleep. Servants must have brought it up to him. What had he been doing last night? Voph decided it was best pondered while clothed, and began pulling on the light armored tunic, his mind casting its gaze around the room. As he pulled his gauntlets tight, he turned to see his blindfold laying on the floor. It had fallen to the floor as if it had been laying on his chest.

Voph bent down to pick up his blindfold, and pulled it back over his empty eye sockets. Then it dawned on him. This wasn't his room. He turned, looking towards the door, and stepped over, trying the console. Locked. Voph stepped back, alarm rising in the back of his head. "Hello? Is someone there?" His voice was calm and measured as always, though...cracked and hoarse. Felt like ages since he last spoke.

There was no response. Voph took a step back, looking around the room. He needed a way out. He noticed something sitting on display on the table in the room. It had been laying at his feet. A word flashed through his mind. Lightsaber. He stepped over and picked it up, pausing as he realized two things. The lightsaber felt familiar in his grip, immediately making him feel safer. The second was that his bed...the table...was at the exact center of the room. Ritual chamber. Then an image flashed through his mind. His wife...signs of a battle...then the blade erupting from his chest. He clutched at his chest again as the pain flaired up, his chest heaving under the stress. He had to leave. Now.

The door began to open, and Voph's attention snapped towards it, lightsaber igniting. The cold, automated voice spoke to him as the droid raised a blaster at him. "Heart rate elevating. You must remain calm. Help will arrive shortly." A name came and went through Voph's mind. Sovryn. He surged forward, cutting the droid to bits.

Somewhere in the distance, an alarm was blaring. Whoever was holding him, they weren't an ally. He needed a way off this ship. He only knew it was a ship because of the rumbling floorplates beneath his feet. Harrower class. He sprinted down the hall, moving towards what he assumed was a bulkhead. Given the rattle of the floorplates, they were in hyperspace. Ejecting an escape pod would would initiate an emergency abort.

He veered off, carving his way through the occasional security droid. He reached down to his belt, and found a comlink. Hopefully there was still someone on his old frequencies. "This is Darth Voph broadcasting across all Octarchy frequencies, I am in need of assistance. Broadcasting my location, if you are able, I need ee-vac."

Voph reached the escape pods, and dove into one, slamming his fist down onto the launch button. He slammed into the side of the capsule as the ship lurched to a sudden halt, dropping to realspace. He reached out, unable to reach the button, but it triggered anyway. The capsule was ejected out into space. He was away. He reached over and pulled open the standard equipment locker in the capsule. He needed to be space ready, just in case the ship that picked him up didnt have a hanger bay...

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Orrico Wayke"] [member="Tirtus Vex"] [member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Daiya"]

Orrico was having a rather enjoyable night on the bridge of the ship. Most of the crew was taking leisure time, if not asleep. It was about oh three hundred hours based on the last port they'd touched down at. Orrico was sitting in the pilots chair with a mug of caf in his hand, taking the night shift.

Well, he usually took night shift because of his insomnia. He had a headset on, keeping an ear out for radio chatter. Along this particular lane, at this time, one rarely heard anything. And yet, his headset was picking something up. "...This is.....oph broadcas....frequencies.....need of....istance....broad...location....evac..."

Orrico sat up, setting his mug of caf on the control console. He punched a button opening a ship wide com. "Cap'n, we got a distress signal incoming. Best get to the bridge. He prepared to drop the ship out of hyperspace. "Brace for deceleration."

The ship dropped out to...well...Orrico wasn't sure what he was looking at. Star Destroyer. Older model. But...it was big. And just like that....it was gone. Orrico blinked, wondering if he had imagined it. He turned his attention to the sensors panel. "Looks like we got a runner, lil lady. Saw...well, I think it was a Star Destroyer, but it jumped away before I got a good look at it."

Contact. Escape pod. Imperial issue. Orrico fired the thrusters, moving the ship closer. "Got a live one here, secure the cargo hold for a debris pickup!"

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Tirtus Vex"] [member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Daiya"] [member="Voph"]

Lori was asleep when the voice of [member="Orrico Wayke"] came across the ship's coms and invaded her dreams. Her eyes snapped wide awake in the dark. The continuing words let her realize that she wasn't dreaming. He wanted her on the bridge. And now!

She lept out of the bed and snuck out of her quarters, not really wanting to sake [member="Daiya"] up if Orrico hadn't done so already. Her flannel pajamas just didn't seem warm enough asshe made her way down the steps and across the way to get up to the bridge, pausing as the ship dropped out of hyperspace and into real space.

"A Star Destro--" her words cut out as she yawned while walking to her pilot. "Can't be scared of us to decide to run. Is there any other ships in the vicinity?" Jaster's Sparrow was an impressive little ship. But that was just it. The ship was little. Hardly a threat at all to a Star Destroyer.

An escape pod? Was it left on purpose, or something else? Lori hit the ship's coms. ~Tirtus, Gray, Daiya, Tawrro, time to get up! We've got a situation here. We're picking up an escape pod. Who know's what's inside, if anything. Be at the ready!~ Lori was ready. Sorta. As ready as she'd ever be. She slid down the stair's railing, a little trick that she's done a hundred times now and landed with a loud thud at the bottom. Moving past the crew's quarters, she headed straight to the cargo hold. No doubt the others would be joining her shortly.

There was a shuddering, and Voph was thrown to the floor again. He reached out and grabbed the breathmask he had obtained, holding it to his mouth. Lucky for him, he could see what was happening outside the capsule. The ship was nearing. Closer....closer...The capsule bumped against the back of the ship. A Mantis patrol craft. Voph smiled briefly. He'd always liked those ships... He took a deep breath to steel himself, and reached out with the force, causing the hatch to blow open. Immediately, he called a shroud around himself to protect him from the vacuum, and allowed the depressurization to carry him towards the ship.

He slammed into the bulkhead, and lost his grip on the re-breather. He gasped for air as fire shot through his chest, his core again burning with the pain of phantom wounds. He reached out and grabbed the airlock door, again utilizing the force to open it, and pulled himself inside, allowing his shield to drop as the door sealed behind him. He was on his hands and knees, panting for breath as the chamber pressurized. Not exactly a suitable greeting for his rescuers, but...he was weak. Voph collapsed onto the floor, chest heaving underneath him. He felt, more than saw, the inner door open, and he pulled himself forwards across the cold metal floor into the cargo hold. His strength gave out, and he came to a rest just inside the inner door. He felt it push his toe as it closed behind him, and he rolled over to lay on his back.

Voph went still. His rescuer was standing near him. Young. Female...Human. Force Sensitive. She didn't reek of the Dark Side. This could be problematic. Voph slowly raised his hands, calling on the Force to renew his energy. It was faint, as if calling across a great cavern. Without saying anything, he reached down to his belt with his right hand, and unclipped his lightsaber slowly. He pushed it across the floor towards his "rescuer" and returned his hands to the gesture of surrender. "I...Am too weak to fight you...Jedi." His chest was still burning, and he winced at the pain. "I...mean you no harm." Others were coming. The Jedi's crew. Voph sat up slowly, coming to a crouch as he turned back to face [member="Loreena Arenais"] with his hands still held even with his head. He slowly stood to his full height, left hand reaching back to support him against the frame of the door behind him.

"I...I am Darth Voph, of the Octarchy Council. I ask simply that if you are to kill me, you allow me the honor of defending myself. If you wish to ransom me, my people will pay whate...ver..." He paused, brow furrowing. The girl was coming into focus. Her garb was unlike anything he had seen before. No armor, no weapons... His head turned, blindfold staring directly at Lori. "You...you are not of the Jedi, are you? No...no a Jedi would never fly in a vessel such as this..." His head turned into the cargo bay, brow furrowing deeper as he thought. He turned his head back to Lori. "Battle...Battle of Iokath. The waking of the Machine Gods. How...how many years ago was that?"

[member="Orrico Wayke"] [member="Daiya"]

For years, she had woken up less than a stone's throw away from a Wookiee. Her self-appointed guardian had either been in the next room, outside her door or sleeping at her feet. When she was younger, after she'd gotten over the initial scary notion of a Wookiee being nearby, the girl would actually seek out his comfort on nights with bad dreams. For such a giantic creature with such sharp claws, he was expertly gentle and deft in keeping her from harm, from both himself and from her fears. His presence was comforting to her, knowing that no matter what happened while she slept, Tawrro would be there to protect her.

It felt strange now to be so far away from him, even while they resided upon the same ship. The sharp voice over the vessel's announcement system woke her, and for a moment, Daiya forgot where she was. As panic washed over her, she searched desperately for Tawrro, or for something of familiarity. Nothing was right, not the bed, not the room, and not the vibrations that seemed to hum and resonate in her very core. Yet as suddenly as the sensation came on, it vanished as recent memories flooded back in. She was on Lori's ship, Tawrro was sleeping downstairs, and she was safe.

For the moment.

Daiya roused herself groggily, glancing idly at the empty place where Lori slept. Her groggy mind took a moment to make the connection, that the captain was already out and awaiting whatever situation she had mentioned over the comms. An escape pod or something? The girl shook her head as she stood up, her bare feet touching the warm floor. Serving on a starship had its perks sometimes.

Slipping on the robe she had tossed over a chair the other day, and putting her feet into the fuzzy slippers that had been stashed behind the desk, the girl padded out into the common areas. She heard voices from below, and throwing an eye first towards the dark cockpit ahead, Daiya figured the action was happening in the cargo bay downstairs. Gripping the railing, the girl started down the steps.

As she drew low enough to peer into the cargo hold, Daiya could see the players assembled. Lori was there, still in her pajamas as well. Tawrro stood behind her, seeming far more alert and awake than Daiya felt, his DXR6 Heavy Combine held in a ready position. There were others present, but the only one unfamiliar to her was a man in dark armor and a blindfold.

He was calling himself a Darth, and calling Lori a Jedi. The words stirred something terrifying inside of her. Lori, a Jedi? No, that couldn't be right, could it? Daiya felt her eyes fall upon Tawrro out of habit, watching him observe the stranger in silence. Her breath came shakily as the girl felt her body quiver. She could feel it in her bones, something was wrong. Whoever the man was, he didn't belong here, now.

[member="Voph"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Tirtus Vex"] | [member="Gray Venasir"]​

As soon as he felt the bump of the escape pod hitting the outer hull, Orrico threw the ship to a full stop. Then he noticed the airlocks opening. He jumped up from his seat, cup of caf completely forgotten about. He drew his pistol, hurrying down towards the cargo bay stopping at the top of the stairs long enough to see a dark figure laying on the floor in front of [member="Loreena Arenais"] with his hands in the air. His pistol held at the ready, Orrico inched down the stairs, watching as the man tossed his...lightsaber away. Orrico now held the pistol trained on the man. As the man stood, he came to a stop near [member="Daiya"] and gestured her back. "Back away, little missy...Best let us handle this one.."

He could see the girl shake when he broke his visual contact to look at her. In truth, he felt the same way. But he took a deep breath, and leveled his pistol at the man. Not intending to shoot him, but...well... He almost let a shot fly the minute the man called himself Darth. He didn't know everything about the Sith, but he knew enough. "Lil' lady, we'd best be ditchin this one soon as we can. He gonna be more trouble than he's worth..."

Gray woke at once when Lori spoke on the ships com, and grabbed his hold-out blaster which was laying right beside his bed. It was an old habbit having it there, one he had developed on Nar Shaddaa in his teens. The com startled him, and he took a few Seconds to understand what was heppening. As soon as he did, he put it away, rubbed his eyes, and stood up. Some sort of Escape pod, potential danger. It was night, and Gray was a bit groggy at once when he woke up so he didn't get everything.There was no time to get clothed, so he walked out in the t-shirt and baggypants he slept in. But he remembered to put on his shoes, and hid the hold-out blaster in the right one. He always liked to seem less prepared than he actually was.

When he came Down to the cargo hold, the others were already there, but it seemed some had arrived only Seconds before Gray. There was a strange man standing there, probably a miraluca based on the blindfold he was wearing. He was calling himself Darth [member="Voph"] and said he came from some sort of Council. Great, thought Gray sarcastically, a sith. He hated the Whole jedi-sith thing. He thought it meaningless, to fight over what part of the force should be used. Just use whatever you wanted to, was Gray's opinion. But the Whole feud could be more complicated than that, Gray just didn't bother to look into it.

As he stood there, the Darth called Lori a jedi. To Gray, she certainly didn't seem like a jedi, not a traditional at least. But he was too tired to think it over there. Now, the attention was back to Voph. [member="Orrico Wayke"] had stepped towards him, holding a blaster extended towards his face. He asked [member="Daiya"], who Gray hadn't noticed much until now, back away. Probably smart, as sith tended to be Dangerous. But Gray wa used to Dangerous, and stepped towards the sith. He hadn't taken out his blaster, relying on his echani training if Things got ugly. "I agree With Orrico. We don't need sith business here, they have a tendency to leave death where they go. Even if they seem harmless, they can be faking."

[member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Tirtus Vex"]

Lori furrowed her brows as she watched [member="Voph"] get to his feet, acting in the best way that she could figure he knew how to express that he had indeed meant no harm to her. But not only was he physically weak after whatever it was that he was going through, he was also confused. "Machine Gods? I...I don't know...What happened? Were you in a battle? There was a Star Destroyer and then it was gone..." In regards to being a Jedi or not, she just remained silent. Others were on their way. She could hear their footsteps on the durasteel floor.

[member="Daiya"] was the first to arrive, with Tawrro there was well. Then came [member="Orrico Wayke"] as expected. She heard him caution Daiya, but Lori didn't look at him at all. Her eyes were still trained on the Sith in front of her. He was quite the mystery, moreso because of how confused he was. [member="Gray Venasir"] arrived shortly thereafter. She smirked to herself as Gray had agreed to ditch the guy, especially after what happened on one of their earlier missions.

Only now did she turn to her crew. "And just what are we to do? Throw him back out to the vacuum of space? I don't think so....My parents taught me not to judge a book by it's cover. Don't you think that if he had every intention to kill us, he'd of done so already?" She walked over to the man's lightsaber and picked it up, securing it in her hand with a tight grip. "He needs medical attention, so let's see to it. We can keep him under guard while he's on board if that'll make any of you feel more comfortable."

Voph paused, swallowing deeply. She didn't know. The Battle of Iokath had happened long enough ago that it had passed from living memory. "I...I was..." He was breathing heavy now. The full weight of what had happened now came crashing down on him. "I was dead. I...was stabbed through the chest...and I died." An alarming thought flashed through his mind. His brow furrowed as he concentrated. Searched...Desperately for something. As [member="Loreena Arenais"] turned to address her crew, Voph sank to his knees, the answer to his question becoming apparent. He lurched forward, catching himself with his right fist, and his body shook as a heavy sigh escaped him. A name, barely a whisper, escaped his lips. "Cortrin..." A tear slipped down his cheek.

Voph made no effort to move from this position. The crew were trying to decide what to do with him. "Send me back to the grave for all I care..." His tone was quiet. Full of defeat. The man's will was broken, though it was not evident if this was because of his exhaustion, or his mental state. He slowly stirred, pushing himself back to his knees, arms coming forward to meet at the wrists, a clear sign he expected his hands to be bound. "I ask only safe passage to the nearest planet. Release me, and you shall never see me again."

[member="Gray Venasir"] @Daiya

Daiya didn't have to be told twice to hold back on the staircase, her own senses were screaming at her to do the same. Whatever this man, this Darth thing, was, it wasn't right. She couldn't explain it any more than he felt wrong. Daiya's mind struggled to process that, how could someone just feel wrong, even as all other signs seemed to showcase his weakness. The frailness of his figure, the offering of his weapon, the vulnerability of his words...they all seemed like falsehoods presenting as a mask. The girl didn't know if the Darth was being truthful, or if he could kill them all with a wayward look.

Whatever she felt, it seemed clear the others did as well. Orrico and Gray were both voicing their opposition to giving the dark man any quarter. Tawrro made his own voice known wordlessly, by keeping his carbine leveled at the man. Though when he saw her, the Wookiee made a short, sharp bark in her direction, before returning his attention back to the intruder. Daiya's stiff demeanor was interrupted for a moment by a scowl as she muttered to herself, "I was already going anyways, geez."

The girl took the stairs two at a time, her robe and untied hair flowing behind her. Ducking quickly into the room she shared with Lori, Daiya headed straight for the place she kept her own weapons. Tawrro could be overprotective, but today he would get no real argument from her. Retrieving her own blaster, she took a moment to check the gas cartridge level and that it was primed. And with a clear head towards her own self-preservation, she flipped off the safety switch.

Daiya returned to the main hold on the top level, taking advantage of its loft-style design to peer over the cutouts in the deck plating, watching the action below from a safer vantage point. From where she could see, Tawrro had taken a position behind the strange man, cutting of any route for his escape, clearly volunteering himself for the suggestion of keeping the intruder under guard. Unfortunately, that was about all Daiya could see, the intruder, Tawrro and maybe limbs of the others arranged around the newcomer. She sighed quietly, her curiosity to know what was going on was overwhelming her fear, but now she was stuck out of sight of the main action.

In that case, she might as well just dispense with it.

The girl closed her eyes, trying to clear her mind of the fear and impulsive curiosity that grew from her consciousness. She breathed in slowly, letting her thoughts reach out to the ship around her, and those inside it.

[member="Voph"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Gray Venasir"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"]​

Orrico stood, unmoving, pistol aimed at the Sith's head. He watched as the man keeled over, not letting emotion show on his face. He...had died. He knew the Sith were capable of great and terrible things...But cheating death? Then a name. Orrico's throat tightened. It was a Sith. This was a ploy to bring their guard down. Right? Sith didn't care. Sith didn't feel.

Then the man sat back up, holding his hands out to be bound. Orrico watched for a moment. He didn't like it. He didn't like any of it. But... He glanced sidelong at Lori. Then holstered his pistol. She had asked him to give people chances, hadn't she? "You heard the Cap'n. Tawrro, help him up, get him into the medical bay. Gray, you go take the helm. Get us underway again, in case that Star Destroyer comes back." He turned to move towards the crew quarters. "Lil' Lady, find a safe place to stash the lightstick and meet me in the medbay." He turned and disappeared into the Medbay, getting the various tools and medkits ready. He wasn't a doctor by any means, but he knew how to field dress a wound.

@Daiya [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Gray Venasir"]

Sometimes, Gray thought Lori was too nice. And a bit naïve. From his experience, or knowledge would be a more presice word, sith were always dangerous. They were masters of deception, and could suddenly muster a big deal of strenght out of nothing. And he didn't think this sith could be any different. At any moment, he could try to kill them all. So it was safe to say that Gray did not like the discision to keep him on board. But he had learned to not defy either Wayke or Lori. And even though he thought she was a little bit naïve at times, he had come to respect Lori.

When Wayke gave in, Gray was not happy. He didn't want to be dragged into this jedi-sith business. Even though he didn't believe what the sith had said about Lori being a jedi, there was still a dark side fanatic on Board. But it had been decided to keep him, so Gray had to live With it. But he'd always have his blasters nearby. "Right, on it," he replied to Orrico's order, for him to get them underway. It's true, if the Star Destroyer comes back. They'd not want to be there. He ran upstairs and to the cockpit. Then he started the engines and flew them a ways of from the Place they had picked up the sith. When he thought they were far enough away, he slowed the ship Down, and pressed in coordinated for the hyperdrive. So they could get fast away in case it came back.

After having flown them to safety, he thought about what the others were doing. Most of them were With the sith in the medbay. The only one that hadn't been ordered there, other than himself, was Daiya. Now that he thought about it, she had left when they were discussing what to do With the Darth. If he didn't remember wrong, she had also gone upstairs. "Daiya, you up here?" he said loud. "If you are, come in here. It gets lonly sitting here alone."

[member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Daiya"] | [member="Voph"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"]

[member="Voph"] had died. Lori furrowed her brows as she thought back on whether or not she had read or heard somewhere that people could come back from such a thing. It could be possible, but after that long? Maybe he went through a wormhole or some other anomaly that caused some kind of time jump. Or maybe he was just crazy. "We'll get you fixed up first."

She looked to [member="Orrico Wayke"] , keeping her expression neutral while he spoke. Yet she could see how much he didn't approve of her decision. Although he didn't question it in front of the others, giving her the chance to still uphold any respect or authority from the rest of the crew.

Lori looked down to the lightsaber in her hand and nodded, taking it with her as she left the cargo bay and headed up to her quarters. She passed by [member="Daiya"] and tried to give her a reassuring smile while she maneuvered the stairs two at a time. Once in her quarters, she unlocked her safe and opened it, stashing the lightsaber inside, locking it. Every captain had a safe, or so she was told.

A few minutes later she came out of her quarters, fully dressed and headed down to the medbay to where their guest was taken. Hopefully nothing bad would happen.

[member="Gray Venasir"]

Voph was hauled rather unceremoniously into the medbay, the Wookiee shoving the barrel of his rifle into Voph's back to encourage him along. He was deposited onto an exam table His breathing was labored, and he had tried to walk as best he could, but...he was weak. And growing weaker by the second. He wanted...sleep. Just a moment to rest. He felt his torso being manipulated by someone...the human male. Older. His tunic was being removed. Voph was too weak to stop it.

Voph opened his mouth to try and speak, but it was hard to concentrate. Just...five minutes. He'd feel better then. Right? Just five minutes...

Voph went limp on the table. Slowly, as he began to lose consciousness, and drifted off to sleep...

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Daiya"]

It wasn't easy to quiet her thoughts.

A cacophony of thoughts rattled around inside Daiya's undisciplined mind. Predominant among those was the things the intruder had said. The words Jedi and Darth rattle around in her mind, prodding at her perceptions. She knew the terms, but not exactly what they meant, only what people told stories of. And Lori didn't match any of the stories she had been told about the Jedi.

So what did that mean about the stranger? Darth Voph, of the oddball council thing. Was he just like the stories, or were those wrong, too?

The girl willed the thought from her head, pushing the worry away, only for another to take its place. If the Voph person was really like the stories, then Tawrro was in danger. And so was Lori and everyone else onboard. Tawrro was very capable of taking care of himself, she had seen that personally, and the stranger had given over his weapon, or whatever that metal tube had been. So there was no way he could hurt anyone now, right? Still, this new worry pulled at her thoughts without mercy.

She struggled time and time again to push the fears away, but they crowded in closer and closer. The girl felt her limbs drawing close to herself, wrapping around her for protection, and instinctively she laid her head down on the tops of her knees, presenting the smallest profile she could to any enemy unseen. And in that moment of palpitating fear, she could see beyond her own eyes, feel beyond her own body.

It came in the briefest moment, and stayed only for that long, but it was enough.

Daiya opened her eyes, slowing her quickened breath back down to normal, her fluttering heart now calming. Unwinding herself, she glanced up, watching as Lori came out of their quarters, now dressed. She gave the older girl a sort of wan smile, her nerves not having completely recovered, but well enough along. She felt around with her hand, it felt like fumbling after such a bright moment of clarity, until it grasped around her blaster once more, and as the girl stood, she clicked the safety off.

Hearing a familiar voice from the cockpit, she spun. Gray was calling her, using loneliness as an excuse. She heard a chuckle, and was surprised to find it had been hers, realizing just how much better she felt. How unafraid. Why such brief contact with something beyond herself had given her that reassurance, she didn't know, but Daiya wasn't one to question it. Her visions almost never made her feel this way, she would eagerly take the respite this provided.

Entering the cockpit, bounced into a chair near the pilot seat Gray occupied. The whirling vortex of hyperspace danced beyond the forward windows, and if she turned her chair just right, she could line up Gray's head with the center of the vortex, making it seem like it was radiating from him. She giggled for a second. "Did you get sent up here, too? It's so boring, I want to be where the action is, you know?"

[member="Voph"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Gray Venasir"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"]​

Not long after Gray had called, Daiya came into the cockpit. She seemed happy as usual, despite the situation they were in. But then again, she was young. When she looked at him and giggled, he couldn't stop a smile from forming on his lips. He didn't know why, it just happened. They had become good friends while on this crew, and he had tried to teach her a few Things. But her wookiee "guardien" Tawrro wasn't too fond of his way of doing it. He wanted to keep her safe and out of harms way, while Gray thought one learned best from experiencing Things, even when it was not pretty. But he didn't do it too much. He wanted her to remain the happy Young teen she was.

"I was sent up here to steer the ship, and get us away in case the Star Destroyer this Voph apperantly was on comes back. And honestly, I'm glad to be up here." Daiya had said she wanted to be With the others, on the floor bellow With the Darth. Either she was reckless, or she didn't know what a sith could do. But either way, she was sent up by Wayke, and that was good. Gray didn't mind first hand experiences, but not when it came to sith. "I agree that it can get boring, but I prefer that to being With Voph right now. Do you know what the sith are, what they are capable of? Like you, I like being where the action is, but not this time."

[member="Daiya"] | [member="Voph"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"]

Orrico gestured to a table absently as the Wookiee brought their guest in. The Sith...Voph...struggled for a bit, then fell back, unmoving. Orrico checked his pulse. Still alive. Just...out cold. Orrico didn't waste time running diagnostics and checking his vital signs. He heard a sound behind him, and glanced over his shoulder long enough to see Lori walk in. "Lil' Lady."

He stepped over to a monitor, revealing the body of Voph, lying with a bare torso on the table, tunic and armor dumped unceremoniously on the floor. Orrico pulled up the ship's computer, and began inputting data. "Our guest is out cold. Finally dropped after all the excitement. Scans are showing...he's...fine, outside of a bad case of exhaustion."

He tapped a button to transfer what he was looking at to his datapad. "Don't know exactly what to make of this, but...there does seem to be something around his chest." He pointed at the man's chest with his stylus. It was clean, no marks or blemishes. "Exhibit A, He's perfectly fine. His brain, however, is receiving signals from the nerves as if he'd been stabbed. Based on the readings, I'd say it was a lightsaber. Which...makes sense if he's one of them Sith." Orrico glanced sidelong at Lori. "From everything I'm seeing, he should have been stabbed...within the last half hour."

[member="Gray Venasir"] @Daiya @Loreena Arenais

Lori walked into the med bay, nodding to [member="Orrico Wayke"] as he acknowledged her. "The lightsaber's hidden away. We should be good."

She approached the bed where [member="Voph"] lay, shoving her hands into the pockets of her trousers to keep herself from fidgeting. Her brows furrowed as she listened to him explain everything that he'd been able to determine about the Sith so far. "Within the last half hour? But he's fine. How could he heal that quickly? Maybe he just had a bad dream? Or hit his head or something? I mean...he thought I was a Jedi, of all things. But I'm not.
So he's confused...you know? Maybe he's dehydrated?"

[member="Daiya"] [member="Gray Venasir"]

The Sith?

Most of what Daiya knew of the Sith came from stories and rumors. They were a boogeyman, a threat used by mothers on their children to force them to do something, like the tooth rancor who devoured children that didn't brush. She knew they were like the Jedi, who had magic powers and swords, but they didn't sponsor new playgrounds and hospitals like the Jedi did —if the Jedi even did that anymore. She knew they came from the outer rim, eastward?, westward?, from somewhere in any case. But that was about all.

The girl shook her head, the blonde curls that laid on her shoulders ruffling as she did so. "Not that much. What are the Sith really like?"

Eager eyes watched Gray as the girl drew her legs up into her chair, wrapping her arms around them casually. She rested her head on her knees, swaying as she listened, making the chair swivel slightly from side to side. An attentive pose this time, not defensive, though the distinction didn't seem to dawn on her. "If they're that bad, why don't we just get rid of the Darth guy?"

Truth be told, Gray hadn't meet that many sith in his life. But he had heard stories, legends, that told of the sith. And he had also observed some in action. Mostly he tried to stay out of the Whole sith-jedi business. But he wouldn't tell Daiya that he had only met a few. Like every smuggler, he exagerated the story.

"The sith, lil'un, are evil sorcerers or Warriors. Like the jedi, they use the force to do what they want. But they use a corrupted Version of it. The jedi are supposed to use the light side of the force, and use it for the good of the Galaxy. While the sith use it for themselves. They use it to get what they want, rule over People, torture, Things like that. Accoarding to legend, The jedi and sith have fought several Galaxy-wide wars, beause they have different ideals." He paused, letting the girl get to think about what he had said.

"One time, when I was on... hm, what planet was it now. Either Tatooine or Ryloth. Anyway, there I was caught by a sith. He held me captive, shooting me With Lightning coming out of his hands, burning me With his lightsaber. When I asked him why, he said because he didn't like my facial expresion. After some time, I got out. But it cost me this," he held up his left hand, showing his lacking ringfinger. None of this story was true, but Daiya didn't need to know that. "There was also another time, but I will tell you about that later."

"The reson we haven't dropped him off yet is Beyond me. I Guess Lori wants to trust him, or at least make sure he is alright before he is let off. The reason I'm glad to be up here is because sith are notorius for betrayal and Deception. I have seen multiple times sith that seemed weak and powerless, but then when nobody was watching, he blasted them With the force or his lightsaber." It was not true that he had seen it "multiple" times, but he had seen it one time. It just sounded better and more trustworthy With multiple.

Then Gray remembered something. "Well, to get the time going and get Our minds away from this, have you played sabacc before? If not, I can teach you." He had had sabacc With him when he signed up to this crew, but had forgot about it until then.

[member="Daiya"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Voph"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom