Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private On The Run

[[ Noah Corek Noah Corek ]] - Aboard the Saegassum , Location Unknown

Sometimes we all had to do things we didn't want to actually do. This was one of the perfect examples in doing such a thing. In order to move forward in finding the identity and true home of their stowaway they needed a first step. Once they figured out who the kid was it would be easier to zig-zag across the galaxy in search of any family or friends that may still be living. She personally thought the boy was either a victim of the chaos of war and a true orphan or perhaps sold into slavery. Naturally, Xin had a much more positive outlook than herself and suspected the family may be looking for the boy. No matter what the circumstances, both were invested in solving the mystery.

Which is where Corek came in. Delila had contacts scattered throughout but this was of a more delicate nature. So many wanted their hands on their little stowaway she was worried a government entity would be eager to turn the kid into a soldier or experiment. As far as she knew Corek's loyalty lay with his own company and whatever contracts and business came his way. He didn't seem like a staunch supporter of one cause or another.

HoloMessage was sent, with her idea of showing a bit of skin of course. Anything to grease the wheels of progress.

Corek, I need your help. I've come across a...person....with no identity. Included is a genetic profile gathered from a medical droid. I need you to run it and find the name or any other personal information on this person. I would have turned to the Jedi but this is a sensitive matter. Discretion is paramount when handling this information. I would meet you in person to hand this off but it is not wise at the moment. I will be awaiting a message. Thank you.

The small holographic image of herself disappeared. All she had to do was wait now.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Delila Castillon Delila Castillon - In his workshop, Corek-Feanor Estate, Alderaan

Noah was of course tinkering in his workshop when he had received the message from Dells. He rolled his eyes when he saw the holoimage she had sent along with her message. Did she really think that after all of the years they had known each other that he would need that sort of incentive to help her? Nonetheless he made sure to save the image away for...purposes.

Quickly taking a look at the genetic profile he gave a shrug, if Dells had sent it to him it had to be important. Reaching for a nearby datapad he keyed it up and began to scroll through his list of contacts and tried to decided who could be trust to carry this out. First and foremost he decided to send it to his younger sister, Asha. Being a rather respected doctor she could easily search the profile without arousing much suspicion.

He of course also sent a note to share it with only those she trusted. With this done he sent the profile off to a select few others before sending a message back to Dells. 'Sent the profile off to a few people I trust, as soon as I get anything back I'll send it off to you. P.S. Thanks for the holoimage, my wives will particularly enjoy it.'

Dells made a face, regretting her decision to grease the wheels of progress. At least she was deep in space at the moment, far away from spacelanes and any type of real civilization. It was the only way to avoid detection at the moment, they needed to save as many legitimate codes for the honest side of their work in order to dock with little trouble.

'Ignoring that last bit. Appreciate the help - kind of an odd situation. I won't fill you in on the details here, as a failsafe. I look forward to your reply.'

[[ Noah Corek Noah Corek ]]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Delila Castillon Delila Castillon

As he waited for the response from her Noah got back to tinkering away in his workshop. His current project was to give new life to blaster designs of the past ear. It was this that he was engrossed in when his datapad chimed again, telling him that Dells had replied.

Chuckling out the message he began typing out one of his own. 'No such thing as secrets in a marriage Dells...besides one of them REALLY like redheads so...yeah. Also, odd situations are kind of our forte are they not? Haven't received anything back from my contacts yet, don't doubt that they're disseminating the information themselves to find out as much as they can before reporting back. You need anything else? Got a fresh crate of blasters or some armor laying around if you want.'

A person could go crazy on long haul flight, one that didn't emerge from hyperspace for weeks at a time. Key was having a schedule and sticking to it no matter what the situation on board. A large portion of time on the Saegassum was ship maintenance and repair, especially now that they had a large cargo-type vessel that they had acquired through questionable means which meant questionable previous upkeep.

Currently she was wedged in a maintenance shaft trying to find a short on the emergency lighting that ran to the cargo bay. Skreech, their resident monkey-lizard, was busy munching on nerf jerky quite loudly next to her head as she worked in the cramped space. Engrossed in her work, when her commlink chime went off she nearly sat up and smacked her head against the bulkhead. Commlink was brought to her face as she laid back down, Skreech reached for another piece of jerky.

'I'm not overly worried. Should your contact get out of line I could easily do away with them. How much for the crates of stuff lying around? My weapons room is looking a bit sparse.'

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Delila Castillon Delila Castillon

Noah's own life was filled with monotony and tedium to a degree that he was surprised he didn't beat his skull into a wall. Maybe his training as a sniper in the army had helped his patience? Well it had trained to have patience in certain situations but definitely not the banality of domestic, semi-retired life.

Most of of his days were actually spent in his workshop, working on various personal and commercial projects, the commercial projects of course being for his company as he trusted himself more than his design/engineering team more than anything. He happened to be tinkering with one aforementioned commercial when he heard his comm chime.

Quickly reaching to read through the message he began typing out a quick response to Dells.

"Well one of my contacts is my sister so you might wanna be careful. As for the crates how does 300 credits a crate sound? I've got about ten of them laying around from a arms deal that fell through."

Night cycle had come to the Saegassum, indicated by the lowering of the normally bright lighting to a much more muted level, leaving large swaths of the vessel in dim light. Having a bit of a 'crew' now meant there could be some staggered shifts instead of waking up constantly to check on operations. Both herself and Xin Boa Xin Boa were off shift and settling in for the night. The dark room was bathed in various colors from a small holovision playing the latest galactic hit, WookieVision. Who didn't love tuning in each week to see a family of Wookie superheroes?

She was propped back on her pillows eating outpost mix when her comm chimed with a message.Corek. Dells rolled her eyes at the sister comment, not intending on entertaining such a notion.

We will take three crates, sounds good. When we do the information exchange I will pick them up then. Seems we are always in a scrap of late.

Turning to tell the Nautolan the arms news, Dells found he was already snoring. Apparently WookieVision wasn't a smash hit for everyone.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah's nightly routine was definitely more...domestic than Delila's. While his mornings and afternoons were spent exercising, shooting and tinkering to keep his body, skills and mind sharp. His evenings however was family time. He would cook dinner, being the main cook in the family, play with the kids, help the older ones out with any homework they had for school and of course he relaxed with Alexandra Feanor Alexandra Feanor and Yasha Cadera Yasha Cadera , maybe sharing a few glasses of alcohol with them.

If asked Noah would shrug off his nightly activities as just the duty of a father but he genuinely enjoyed the time he spent with his kids and wives, much preferring it to his former life. He sat in his living room by himself, a rare occurrence, when he got the message from Delila Castillon Delila Castillon . Quickly reading it he shot off a reply to her. "Three crates it is then. Give me the meeting location and time and I'll meet you there."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom