Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the mountains of truth we seek understanding

Screen-Shot-2015-11-05-at-11.25.23-AM-2400x1200-315787586849.png

On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow.
~Friedrich Nietzsche

Naboo, it was a shining jewel in the galaxy, an almost pristine untarnished marble of blue and green holding in the black satin of space. It was by all accounts a peaceful world, a beautiful world that was said to delight visitors with it’s charm. For a moment John thought that it was strange that he’d never visited before till he remembered the planet was primarily pastoral, not exactly the kind of location that he’d normally visit for work. As for a holiday? Who had time for that? There was just too much going on to take that kind of time off. Yet…well yet here he was, the planet growing larger and larger in his window.

The cyborg raised one hand, pressing it against the cool transparisteel window of the shuttle, watching the red hot air play over the sides of the craft, a cloak that he almost felt that he could reach out and touch, a cascading curtain draped around the shuttle. For a moment he didn’t see he shuttle, the atmosphere wrapping it in a halo. He saw a mane of red hair, a pair of bright green eyes twinkling with life and happiness and the white gleam of a welcoming smile. Dark eyes shifted to the planet’s surface as it loomed ever larger. He imagined that he could see her there, which he knew was impossible but still…he couldn’t deny the skipped heartbeat, the little thrill running down his spine at the image in his head as he forced himself to sit back, his hand pressed against the window for a heartbeat longer before he pulled back, forcing himself to glanced over at his guest.

“There’s just something about the sight of a new planet that always gets me, we build so large but we’ll never be able to match a feat of engineering like this.” That was it, certainly nothing to do with one of the planet’s inhabitants at all. The shuttle rocked ever so slightly as the pilot brought the repulsors online, slowing their fall. It was barely perceptible, but for anyone who’d travelled through space the sign of their impending arrival was writ plain as the stars. “I’ve got to admit, I’m curious about something,” so curious was a little bit of an understatement, it had been niggling away at him through the entire journey. “What made you decide to come out here?” John had his own reasons for visiting, apart from Gianna. More and more he'd found himself drawn into the Confederacy, working with them, trading with them, fighting with them. He'd found himself floating down a river towards a destination he didn't know, but he needed to know it was worth it, who these people he was getting so entwined with truly were. Maybe, hopefully, she'd be able to answer those questions.

[member="Gianna Aegis"] | [member="Kahne Porte"]​

All Things With Love
Codex Judge
graybar.png
Naboo | Mid-Afternoon - Quote: "The smallest things warm the heart."
Tags: [member="John Locke"] | [member="Kahne Porte"]

The afternoon sun was a warm blessing on her skin while she walked through neat rows of fruit bearing trees. The scent in the air was sweet, spiced with citrus, and the wicker basket she held was slowly filling with yellow oblong shapes. When Gianna purchased the sprawling estate, she’d been hesitant. Jedi weren’t known for maintaining worldly goods and possessions. Yet, this place called to her. There was small temple, beyond the vast orchards, beyond the grassy fields. It was nearest to a rushing river that poured into one of the many lakes Naboo was bespectacled with.

It was filled with brightness.

The Light Side sang as sweetly as nightingales did chirrup in the evenings. It was warm. She felt safe there. As if no shadow could touch any corner of the area. No evil, no darkness, and no shred of the Dark Side existed there. She could heal others best when immersed in whatever it was that filled the area. It left the entire estate touched with a sense of goodness. As if the axis of this world had suddenly become perfectly aligned, spinning, just right.

Gianna hummed lightly under her breath while finished up her chores for the day before returning to the main house. There were several structures, that, when she’d come upon them had been in various states of disrepair. The area looked lovely now. Now roofs, new paint, new transparisteel windows. A freshly paved landing pad with refueling services. At one point everything had been dilapidated. No one had lived here, out in the middle of nowhere, in at least a decade.

The main house was spacious, open, and full of warmth. There was a comfortable living room with soft furniture that was designed to encourage long discussions they flowed well into the evening. Two kitchens, mostly, because she never knew when she might have a full house. There were several unoccupied guest bedrooms here, and others, in the adjacent carriage house. There were places to be alone. A sun room, to meditate, and a library full of things. Both paper books and holo-docs. Gianna had a secret love for real books, made from parchment, rather than steams of data.

To greet her two guests the young woman had awoken at the crack of dawn. She’d turned down the sheets in all the bedrooms and replaced them so they could take their pick. There would be tea, fresh lemonade, and caf regularly available as well as a variety of sweet treats. Lemon bars, were her favorite. The whole house smelled of them. Lunch would be a variety of local items, but, Gianna would worry about that later.

Since she’d gotten up with the sun—Now, she was just waiting. Her hair was piled atop her head in a series of carefree braids and curls. There was a singular butterfly pin holding everything in place. Regardless the fact that it was bound, when the sunlight touched her, it almost seemed as if her crimson locks held the glow of fire. “Either they are late…Or I am very, very early.”, she mumbled, mostly, to the planet that poked through an open window. Gianna looked at it for a moment. Bright blue roses seemed to be wilting.

Slender fingers touched it for a moment and before her eyes it perked back up. Several more roses bloomed and it kept crawling into the house. Jade eyes glimmered. “Better, much better.”

That would take up most of the early afternoon. Cleaning things that didn’t need to be. Worrying, when she needn’t worry. Regardless her activity or concern there was never any sense of anxiety. To be in this home was to be loved. Accepted. No questions, no judgement.

Now—If only her guests would arrive. Patience, patience.

Naboo
[member="John Locke"] [member="Gianna Aegis"]

Naboo was a place of pure wonder, at least it was that way to the Jedi Master. There would be times in his life he wondered if he should've just stayed here and lived his life out. Granted it wasn't without it's issues just like any government or monarchy did, but for the most part it was a perfect place to stay. Humans and Gungans had primarily dominated the land, though it did have its far share of other species. The Jedi remembered his first run in with one of the Gungans when he was a small boy and he was truly fascinated by them. They were a seemingly proud and independent race, it wasn't until later that he learned that they and rest of society learned to live together for the better future.

"Truly. Some amazing things have been built and created" Kahne replied as he like John stared out the window. If one were to be staring at Kahne, they might've wondered why he had such a smile on his face.

Content, warm...

He hadn't been home in so long, it was just the way of the galaxy now. He had his responsibility's that kept him away, and busy. However now he made the time to venture back home. Now Naboo had come under control of the Confederacy, and while others seemed to want to stay away from the Confederacy he couldn't fathom why. Some stated that there were sith with the confederacy, and that the Jedi shouldn't be in league with the Sith. However that wasn't the way of the world anymore. Things had changed so much since he first started his journey as a Jedi. Kahne remembered a time when the Jedi and Sith stood completely apart and were bitter enemies, and while that was still half true. He also remembered when he was on Lothal with the Sith Empire and First Order decimated the worlds of the Galactic Alliance and then the Confederacy had come to the Alliances aid.

A group consisting of Jedi,Sith and everything else you could think off. Things were different.

Kahne chuckled as he looked over to John and cleared his throat as he thought about it for a minute. Thanks primarily, but also to learn more about this group other than his general knowledge.

"When I was on Lothal and we fled from the Sith Empire and First Order it was their on Monastery that Jedi, Sith and healers had taken us in. Members of the Confederacy had shown us a respect and great courtesy. I intend to learn more about the people of the confederacy, perhaps I can at least repay a portion of the hospitality they gave us....and me."

"What about you?" Kahne inquired looking back to John just as the shuttle came to a stop at their destination. Kahne in turn was intrigued by his travel companion and looked to learn more about him. He seemed to be a very interesting individual.

Tags: [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Gianna Aegis"]

A wry smile pulled up the corner of John's lips as his dark eyes met the man's, "Nothing so, well altruistic for me I'm afraid." That was the thing about Jedi, they always managed to make you feel that they were always so good that you felt you had to try to live upto the ideal that they set for the galaxy. Something that it was proving harder and harder and harder to do recently, the galaxy seemed determined to force John further and further from that ideal no matter how much he wanted it. "The truth of the matter is I've found myself getting more and more involved with the Confederacy, in providing them with technology and with helping them fight." It was that last part that he had had the most issues with, "if you're going to fight next to someone to order people to bleed for an idea, well then maybe it's better to know who or what you're fighting for." John fell silent for a moment, glancing out of the window at the sparkling blue of the ocean as they flew over it. There was always something peaceful and calming about it, well peaceful and calm if there wasn't a storm brewing...but there always seemed to be a storm on the horizon.

John wasn't entirely sure if he was thinking about the ocean anymore, or if he was thinking about the galaxy at large. They seemed to be flying through a stormy season, and all he could hope for was that somewhere on the other side of all this calmer waters awaited. When the storm hit you always looked to your own, to securing your friends and family, and time and again he'd seen that from the Confederacy. He'd seen the way they cared for their citizens, cared for their friends. He'd seen the way that they reacted to the galaxy, to injustice and the horrors of the galaxy. It was a ship that seemed to be pulling for calm, seemed to be everything he had sought for himself and his friends. The question he kept coming back to was was this a ship everything he thought it was, or was he missing something? There was no way to know, not without taking the plunge and diving in. Though, maybe, just maybe it was what he was hoping it would be. "I guess I'm really here to hear what someone I trust thinks about it."

He pulled his gaze away from the window, nodding at Kahne, "I mean,I think that's the question we're all asking right?" Settling back into the soft cushion of the chair the man crossed his legs, his elbows resting on the armrests as the shuttle swung around, the repulsors kicking in, a little dust-storm swirling around the landing struts as they settled, his dark eyes glancing over at the jacket lying draped across the seat next to him. It might look professional and it did cover up most of his arms but. Well...but. The sheer level of cybernetics he'd required were...extensive and while he was happy with himself, there was always that niggle at the back of his head, how did other people think about it, how did they feel? Metal fingers brushed over the soft cloth as he looked down at it, lifting the jacket slightly off the seat as he glanced at the sunlight coming through the door. This was silly, it wasn't like anyone here cared, like anyone here handle already seen but...Almost reluctantly John let the fabric fall out of his fingers, draping over the seat again as he stood, nodding at the open door, "Well, it's rude to keep a lady waiting...shall we?"

All Things With Love
Codex Judge
graybar.png

So. Patience. Oh, patience.

Gianna had it in spades when it came to dealing with potentially volatile situations that required a soft hand. At the moment? It seemed difficult. Her acumen when it came to diplomatic proceedings was typically unrivaled, even if, parties occasionally disagreed with her. She spoke the truth. Plainly, humbly. But waiting like this? No, thank you. Meditation was what she turned to so that she didn’t bite her nails off while she waited. It was a fond friend, a form of self-discipline, study, and a way to organize her thoughts. It led to a deeper understanding of the area she called home and purged away negative emotions.

All living things were worthy of a Jedi’s protection. She knew every tree, every lake, every grove, and most definitely every farmer in the area. She encouraged them to take from the orchards as they pleased. Afterall, Gianna could only use so many lemons in one sitting. She couldn’t bare the thought of such vibrant fruits going to waste. Even the beasts in the area were among her purview. They did not speak, not as most expected, but they had their way and she was eager to keep learning.

Life in all its variety was an infinite source of fascination.

All that being said, when the telltale sounds of starship engines rang overhead, she lifted herself from a seated position, unfolding, like a spring flower. Gianna was wearing clothing that was traditional to the area versus standard robes. She was a strange Knight, but, often tried to observe the customs of the local populace. Especially, in her birthplace. This was a place of light. There would be no fighting here outside of a friendly duel or training.

Patterned skirts pulled across the floor, made modest, by leggings underneath it. The fabric was light—Lighter than air and her summery appearance was only enhanced by the healthy tan that touched typically pale skin. It showed that she spent a lot of time gardening, or, working in the orchards. If she were being honest, some of it, revolved around teaching different villages about a variety of herbs that could be grown to aid in healing. Sometimes—She just brought seeds for things that were tasty.

All in all…It was a quiet corner of the galaxy. For some reason, most of the world, had been terrified when the Confederacy acquired the territory. The Queen had negotiated for peace and most everyone had expected it to fall. Fortunately, it hadn’t. Everything was essentially the same. The world was still autonomous. Only, their trade lanes were safer, and pirates, were rarely an issue. The battle droids that could sometimes be seen took some getting used to but overall? Life, was life. Naboo was safe.

She slid on a pair of soft shoes and headed toward the private landing pad. It was a pretty hefty jaunt, but, it took time for ships to settle regardless. She hadn’t seen [member="John Locke"] in what felt like forever and by the time he made his way out the door, Gianna was already stepping up the ramp, and he would find his arms full of pale fabric and red hair. “You must have taken the scenic route!”, she accused, teasingly, while she kept her arms wrapped around his neck for a moment. The scent of soft rose would be left in her wake.

If the cybernetics that were visible on the Admiral’s person bothered her, or if she even noticed them, none would ever know. The Jedi Knight accepted everyone for who they were.

Once she finished invading John’s personal space, keeping it brief, she turned a dazzling smile on [member="Kahne Porte"]. It was warm, honest, and just as welcoming as the one she had given to her other guest. To know her—To be in her orbit was to know goodness. It was palpable, in every move, in every action. Her hands clasped in front of her and her head inclined reflexively in respect. “It’s good to meet you Master Porte. I'm Knight Aegis. Gianna, if it suits you. Thank you for coming all this way.”

She walked backwards down the ramp, though, her smile remained unwavering. Emerald eyes danced in the afternoon light and her general mood would be obvious. Her happiness was so very infectious that it would be hard for some to place her for what she was. Surrounded by fields and flowers, and endless orchards, it was easy to see a wood nymph over a Jedi. Even when she was wearing traditional robes, her lack of an obvious lightsaber, often led to a misconception. “Come…Tell me all about your trip. I’ve made plenty of snacks for lunch, so, you can both just let me know when you’re hungry.”

Her head poked around them.

“Are you only staying for the afternoon? Nothing to bring with you?”

"Yes it is."

Kahne nodded easily with a small smile on his face while listening to Locke's response to him. He made very good points in understanding who and what they were. The Jedi didn't know much about the Confederation, just the fact that they are allies with the Silvers and they aided the Galactic Alliance after the attacks took place. Once John said it, it was pretty clear to him that he too would need to hear and see this from someone he could trust as well. Kahne trusted John, and his own hopeful nature demanded that he trust their host as well.

It was something that didn't need to be said, but should be known already.

"I couldn't have said it any better my friend." The Jedi said as he patted his friend on the shoulder as they made their way up the the open door.

Kahne extended his hand towards the door as he spoke. "Please, after you." Kahne said respectfully as he followed John through the door and to where Gianna greeted them. Kahne smiled as he watched the interaction between her and Locke. It was good to see such interactions between friends and individuals and such. It always brought warm feelings to his heart, it just showed among all the chaos and disorder in the galaxy there was still love,respect, and camaraderie between each other.

Kahne bowed his head respectfully to Gianna when she spoke to him. "It's a pleasure and honor to meet you Gianna, I thank you for the invitation."

Kahne took a look around as they moved and he couldn't help but chuckle, more so at himself for being a fool and leaving Naboo. There was something truly magical about this place, and he was glad to have lived here for as long as he did.

Kahne chuckled slightly when asked if they were just staying for the afternoon or not.

"I had only planned on staying for the afternoon, I didn't want to overstay my welcome." Kahne said with a small slightly lopsided grin on his on face.

[member="Gianna Aegis"] [member="John Locke"]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Location: Naboo[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Tagging: [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Gianna Aegis"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Maybe Naboo was a planet he should visit more often, especially if this was the kind of greeting that you got. John's vision hadn't even adjusted to the bright natural light when he heard footsteps and felt a pair of delicate arms wrapping themselves around his neck. His vision slowly coming into focus, well enough focus to spot the few errant strands of red hair that hand been picked up by the wind as thy drifted across his vision, tickling his nose as the slight breeze carried them back and forth. There was something so genuine about Gianna's reaction, the way she'd been there before he could even begin to look for her brought soft smile to his face as he glanced down at the woman. There was a natural reaction in a body that was being hugged, or at least that's how it felt to John, no conscious thought was involved in his action as the man's arms came up closing around the woman's waist. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]For a brief moment, all too short, yet as long as the ages he actually forgot about Kahne, about Naboo and the ship behind him, none of it really mattered. Just the smell of rose water and the warmth of the woman smiling up at him as let his lips quirk up, a playful light dancing in his brown eyes. "Oh I don't know, I'm not sure there's anywhere on the planet that's more scenic than this spot right here, we just didn't want to worry space command by dropping down like a stone." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Then she was gone, sliding aside to greet her other guest, Khane, as John glanced down at his hands, clenching the metallic digits into fists before forcing them to relax as the two greeting one another, a hint of frustration dancing across his face. He'd never noticed it before, never had a cause to really, but...he couldn't feel her, not with his prosthesis. It wasn't the kind of thing that he'd really thought of in his everyday life, not crushing a pen was really the most he cared about, that he normally cared about. Only he could remember hugging people when he was younger, there was something about that feeling, that closeness that was missing. A soft sigh escaped his lips as he straightened, slipping his hands into his pockets. If only out of sight out of mind worked, but there was no way he was going to be able to drag his mind away from the cold lumps of metal that were his hand now, the man could almost feel them burning a hole in his pockets. It wasn't like he cared not really it was just...he cared. It might not be a big thing, certainly not one he'd ever missed before but...he wanted his arms back. Was that bad? He'd made a big deal of not being ashamed of his prosthesis, accepting them without any covering to show people that it wasn't something that they should be worried about but...just for 5 minutes, for 1, even for 10 seconds he wanted to be know what it was like to hug someone again. [/SIZE]

“I’m here for a little longer,”[SIZE=10.5pt] John admitted, jerking a thumb over his shoulder at the shuttle as he shook his head, forcing him mind back to the present. [/SIZE]“I kinda left my stuff on the shuttle though, I didn’t wanna just walk out with a suitcase. Besides, my hands were a little full when I got here.”[SIZE=10.5pt] That small smile was back, the melancholy of a moment ago if not banished then retreating. The sun was warm, and he was with friends. The rest, well that wasn’t a problem he could fix now. And if there was one thing John knew it was that he should enjoy what he had right now because even. The rest, he'd worry about [/SIZE]that[SIZE=10.5pt] tomorrow, it wasn't going away but...it was another day's issue. [/SIZE]“If you want, the Helios can take you wherever you need to go Kahne,” John’s eyes slid past Gianna to nod at the Jedi Master, “least I could do for dragging you out here after all.”

[SIZE=10.5pt]A few steps back took John up the ramp, vanishing inside for a moment before reappearing, travel bag in hand. “I figured since I was coming to visit Naboo then I might as well make a little trip out of it, take a vacation. If you don’t mind the company?” The cyborg strode down the ramp as he turned to face the others, “So, someone mentioned lunch? All we had all trip long was that awful spacecraft food,” she glanced around as his voice dropped to a conspiratorial whisper, “You know, I hear that they just reheat processed military rations and then pour some sauce on it.”[/SIZE]

All Things With Love
Codex Judge
graybar.png

Gianna liked when John smiled. If she were asked, in all honesty, the young Knight liked it when anyone smiled. There was just something about being aware that she could invoke a pleasant response from the Admiral. It wasn’t as if he wasn’t kind. He was. Only…There were moments when she felt like he got lost in his head. Surrounded by numbers, theories, and a drive to create. He had an aptitude for technology that she rarely saw in anyone that wasn’t entirely a droid—Or someone that wasn’t on the payroll of the Confederacy. As often as he made things for the southern systems…

Truthfully, he fit right in.

“Pish posh—”, she spoke loftily, waving her hand in the air as if it would deny the excuse that was given. It was entirely valid, but, Gianna liked to be teasingly difficult. “Fess up. I think you were just trying to test me, Mr. Locke.”

Even while she inclined her head to the Master Jedi that had arrived with her friend, she felt something that made her perpetual cheer falter just slightly. She was entirely too empathetic for her own good. There was a soft soreness on the surface of her heart that hadn’t existed before. A sense of longing that had boiled down into a dull frustration. Her hand rose to touch the area near her collar bone for a moment as if she could rub the discomfort away, but it wasn’t real. Moreover, it didn’t belong to her.

Green eyes flickered, briefly, over John before she returned her focus to [member="Kahne Porte"]. Her curiosity was clear. She was an extrovert and always tried to make everyone feel as comfortable as possible. Naboo was unlike many other worlds. It seemed to have come through the destruction of the Core entirely unscathed, though, if one looked deep enough there were always signs. Warm eyes that were mismatched with wounded hearts. Everyone had lost someone. Everyone. “Thank you for accepting it, Master Jedi.”

Master Porte chuckled, mostly to himself, while he surveyed the fanciful homestead. The sound made her smile widen as she took her small mouse-like steps backward. She moved as if the wind whimsically carried her, pulling her along sweetly, rather than deliberate movements. “You couldn’t overstay if you wanted to. This place is much too large for me to be here alone all the time.”

It had never been designed for single occupancy. Even beauty could be lonely.

Gia was gladdened to hear that John planned to stay for a little while. She tossed a wink in his direction, as is she knew already, but her expression had noticeably brightened. It was uncanny how much emotion she could press into one glance. This was focused. Autonomous. It was akin to the way a flower tended to turn its face toward the sun. For a brief instant—He would be her star in the sky.

It was a moment that always tended to disappear too soon. This time, it broke, when John went back inside the Helios to get his carryon. She smiled when he brought up the food. “Don’t tell me you haven’t figured out how to fix the auto-chef so that it actually makes something decent. Tell me you haven’t been eating pink paste the whole way…”

Surely, he was kidding. Wasn’t he?

No matter.

Both men would feel a slight tug through the Force while she telekinetically coaxed them into gently following along. It was soft, unobtrusive, like the touch of a doe nudging a fawn. Playful. She turned around as she walked so that she wouldn't trip over the hem of her skirts and her nose scrunched a little bit as she held her hand up to shield her eyes from the afternoon sun. “This is Spritegate Shore.”, she trailed off softly, gesturing toward the area around them, from the visible buildings to the orchards, to the lakes beyond. “You can go anywhere, but, be careful about going into deep waters alone.”

“There are aquatic creatures that can be a little unfriendly and territorial. Otherwise, you’re entirely safe.”

Her path brought her back toward the main house. It was large with a courtyard in the middle that held a great flowering tree. It was unlike the sweet-smelling lemon trees that they had passed. It didn’t bear fruit, however, there was something about it that brought a sense of peacefulness. The flame-haired woman passed through the area, though, not before raising her hand to touch a low hanging branch. The brief contact was enough. It brightened. It looked healthier. Stood a little taller. The blossoms became more plentiful. “This is the main house. We’ll have lunch outside…”, she explained, though, a wayward glance had her stealing John’s carryon from his shoulder. It bobbed through the air and landed on a setee when they entered.

She’d get him sorted later.

They would pass through the house easily enough. It was an open floor plan with plenty of space to stretch out if one wished. The furnishings seemed to be, mostly, of local design with a rustic quality. New. But, not overdone. It made every inch feel like a home. They would pass through several halls and would finally wind up following their noses to a delectable smelling kitchen. She had prepared a plethora of goodies. “Let’s put those muscles to use. Each of you take a tray…”, she instructed, before lifting one herself, so that they could head out the side door. From there it led to a path that seemed well worn. A table was set up beneath a thatched canopy, topped with leaves, greenery, and more flowers. “I’ve got the rest. Sit, sit.”

Gia would usher them down, despite any disagreements, with a little laugh before disappearing to grab a few other items.

Once ready, likely, with far too many options, she would take a seat to join them.

“Don’t be shy. Dig in.”, she intoned, definitely, starting with a sweet. Lemon bars were her favorite, and the recipe would show that. Once they all got settled the young Knight would find herself nursing a cup of hot tea while idly toying with a hanging vine. Gia knew…Every inch of this place. Oddly enough, it seemed to know her. “So…What did you want to talk about?”

"Well, it didn't take much." Kahne quipped when John mentioned dragging him out here. Kahne loved this place, just being back here he thought of securing a place and building a home of sorts for him and his family. This place as probably as important to him and Taanab was to Alexandra. He knew that she missed her home dearly that much he was sure of. "I'll probably take you up on that offer a little bit later John." Kahne said as he smiled between them. "Thank you for your hospitality."

Just as lunch was mentioned Kahne could feel his stomach start to growl slightly. While he had eaten a few hours ago, it wasn't that much that was consumed. Travel food as John had pointed out wasn't always the greatest. It was something for the time being though, and Kahne didn't waste any time in say he wouldn't mind. "Lunch sounds amazing."

The Jedi took the tray as he followed suit with Gianna and John and his eyes continued to wander. He remembered when he was just a young boy that he took a tour of the palace and he couldn't stop asking questions. He sensed the others were getting slightly annoyed with him but he was young and curious at the time.

Naboo could essentially be the pure good mannered sister of Coruscant. Obviously when he joined the ranks of the Jedi Order it was by unforeseen circumstances. Back then while he was curious he didn't fully understand the beauty and nature of man made structures as well as just earthly objects here. One could stand on the grasslands of Naboo and just enjoy the nice breeze while Shaaks' and other creatures were roaming the lands. He hoped to take another walk across there before he left, or he felt he might find himself staying a bit longer than he intended too.

Hearing the movement about him drew him away from his momentary stance as he felt the gently continued tug through the force as he gathered what he had decided to eat and took a seat. She was well knowledgeable about Naboo and that was obviously a great thing.

"Your home is beautiful Gianna. How long have you lived here?"

Tagging: [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Gianna Aegis"]

There was something peaceful about the house, the location, the way the gentlest breeze rustled though the trees and bushes surrounding them. If you closed you eyes John almost imagined that he could hear a touch of music, like an orchestra just fingering their instruments ever so gently. The wind wasn't strong, it's touch just enough to create the faintest of rustles as it whistled through the leaves, melding with the sound of birds in the distance, the sound of nearby waves splashing up against the shore. It all sounded to natural, so welcoming. It was what you imagined the countryside sounded like when you were a growing up, something almost ethereal and unreal.

John hadn't actually ever visited the countryside when he was growing up, there just hadn't been enough money for his family to afford a vacation like that. There had been a park though, a little square of green with a duck pond, an island of nature between the skyscrapers and housing complexes of Coronet City. It had been a little space of calm in the middle of the city, a place where the neighbourhood kids could relax, feed the ducks. It was only later, later when he'd grown up enough to actually think about it that John had realised how rare that was, how unusual the location had been. How special.

For a moment the man was content to remain like that, his eyes closed as he felt that gentlest tug pulling him along towards the house, trusting in the woman to steer him right, to avoid any pitfalls in the road. There was no reason behind the trust, just that feeling, that certainty that you were right. Intuition, the Force, wishful thinking, whatever you wanted to call it, it seems like it had the right idea, in the minute he'd left himself in her trust John had never had a smoother walk.

The problem with memory is that reality rarely ever could live up to it, the rose tinted glasses of memory tended to make things purer, better than they had been, this time though...this was one of those times when reality was better. It was unusual, the cyborg didn't really stay in one place very much, he couldn't afford to. No sooner had finished what he was doing than his attention was called somewhere else, some other project or meeting that required his attention. It wasn't something he'd ever really thought about, had ever considered, he'd never had a reason to. Home was where you hung your hat, a amorphous shifting location, hotel rooms, ships, sometimes his apartment on Fenris. But, maybe, just maybe it'd be nice to have something like this, somewhere so warm, so homely that you wanted to come back.

Metal fingers reached out, gently brushing against a wall, soaking in the decor as John felt his bag float off his shoulder, glancing across at their red-haired hostess, his lips quirking up into the smallest of smiles at the effortless way she'd slipped into the role of hostess making sure that they both felt welcome. It was something he'd never be able to reproduce, even if he practised for years, his memory jumped down to the ship, at the smile that she'd turned on him for a moment when he'd mentioned that he planned to stay. The warmth of the expression, the joy on the woman's face had been captivating wrapping, as if he'd been the most important thing, the only thing. It had only lasted that instant, an instant that had ended too soon, had lasted for a lifetime, and instant that he wanted to repeat again and again, to see that look on the woman's face again.

His dark eyes flicked away from the others for a moment, glancing over the scenery, a home, a smile. That wasn't like him, he never usually thought like that, but he couldn't seem to pull his thoughts away, as if he was caught up in a vertex, carrying him back every time he tried to pull his thoughts away. The little thatch Gazebo didn't help, it was like something out of a postcard, things weren't meant to be this perfect, it almost made the man feel like he was living in a fairy tale of some kind. "I don't really think we ever stood a chance did we?" A smirk touched the corner of his lips as he reached forward, plucking one of the lemon bars from the tray popping it into his mouth as he stifled a groan, it was good...too good. There was a conspiracy here, he just knew it, he just didn't know what about. The sound of returning footsteps sent a quick look of alarm dancing over his face as he stuffed the rest of the lemon bar into his mouth, winking at Kahne as he leaned back, swallowing rapidly before Gianna rounded the table.

With a cup of tea and permission, he wasn't going to waste anytime following the commands and digging in to the repast, there was no way she was actually expecting them to finish all of it...did she? Plucking up another lemon bar he let gaze slide past the table, down the path and to the side, watching the trees for a moment, the small yellow ovals barely visible between the green leaves. Perhaps that was the secret to their flavour, he'd bet that she'd used the natural products here. "You know, this tastes way better than the pink paste I managed to put together on the way here." A playful light twinkled in the man's dark eyes as he offered Gianna a small smile, reaching for his tea, willing to let the small talk continue before broaching the true reason they'd arrived, although perhaps it was better to broach it early than later. Waiting for a lull in the conversation he leaned forward, gently placing his cup on the table, "Actually that leads into why we're here, apart from the company and food of course." Amusement lit up his eyes for a moment before he banished it. "You live here, in the heart of the Confederacy, you've worked with them, interacted with them far more than either of us," his hand came up, scrubbing through his hair, "we both found ourselves curious, for one reason or the other, about who they are, about who you see they are."

All Things With Love
Codex Judge
graybar.png

Master Porte thanked her for her hospitality and the pixie-esque Jedi merely smiled in response as they headed toward the main dwelling. She knew what it was like to travel long distances and the gnawing feeling that always settled in the pit of her stomach when all she’d eaten came from an auto-chef. It was life-sustaining, certainly, but she likened it to chewing dry jerky sometimes. It did the trick when your stomach felt like it was eating itself, but, it didn’t really help with craving something more.

This was why she planned for lunch straight away. Besides, what was the easiest way to make a man feel welcome? Food. Good, honest, mouth-watering, home-cooked dishes. “I hope you’ll like it. I wasn’t sure what to make exactly, so, I might have gone a little overboard…”, she admitted, sheepishly, reaching up to rest her hand on her neck for a moment before carrying on. She wasn’t one to stay embarrassed for long.

John felt like he was falling behind, lost in his own world, and the little Jedi nudged him through. One of the best parts of his personality was the way he often seemed to be lost in his own mind. It was dangerous, certainly, but as long as he came up for air—Gianna was content to watch him create, wonder, and ponder the mysteries of the universe. She took care not to let him fall. He was her friend. She would keep him safe anyway she could.

Even from potholes in the road.

She the pair through the dwelling without hesitation. The red-haired woman didn’t need to look to know where she was going and instead focused on her guests. Once they were settled in the small eating area she was content to relax, nibble, and listen—Though, not without a tossing John a subtle grin. No, neither of them had a chance. Gianna was used to ushering people that were too busy for their own good. They always wanted to do everything. Be everything. “There is one rule of this house…”

“Slow down.”

She paused, before smiling again, and a small portion of over-roasted greens moved itself to John’s plate. “Oh—And eat your greens.”

Gianna hadn’t missed him sneaking dessert first. Twice. It would be clear that she was only teasing him though. She caught his glance toward the lemon trees in the background and she wasn’t quite sure if he’d put two and two together. “They’re called lemon bars. A shortbread crust, with lemon filling, and a little bit of powdered sugar. The filling is made from the orchards on the property. By themselves, they can be a little sour. You should try one. Just—Don’t eat the peel.”

“It’s good in tea too.”

He’d probably had them in things before, but, sometimes people got confused since a lot of cantinas served items that were heavily processed. “No more pink paste for a while. I’ll make you little to-go kits so you don’t destroy your intestines.”, Gia returned, turning her focus back to Master Porte, so that she could answer his question. “I’ve been here a few years…”

“Most people prefer posh spots closer to Theed so this area got pretty forgotten. It was rather rundown, but, a little bit of elbow grease made it all right as rain. From the first time I saw it…I just felt like I needed to be here.”

Gianna had been hesitant. She had several accounts on Naboo that held a substantial amount of credits. It had been left to her when her mother passed. It was one of the last things she had from the scholarly woman. It was…Sentimental. Holding it there. It was all she really had left of her, aside from a few knick-knacks and personal effects. It wasn’t the most reasonable of reactions for a Jedi but when she’d passed this parcel—She suddenly knew what to do with it. “There are a few other fruit groves on the property but I don’t have time to handle all of it. Farmers in the area pass through, take what they can use, or sell, and do a lot of the work that way. I encourage anyone from the villages to have what they wish. It’s more than I could ever use in a lifetime.”

The young woman hated the thought of fresh produce going to waste when there were communities that could use it. The strawberry fields were always fun for younglings. She would see them later, with their fingers and lips stained red, because they’d already eaten half of what they’d picked.

John pulled the topic back to the question she had asked initially and the young woman held her tea between both hands while she listened. It was a question that had been made before. The Confederacy was filled with Sith. How could she stand to be around them? How could she support them? It was a long moment before she replied. “That’s a complicated question.”

She reached for something crunchy and took a bite, before, slowly portioning out a little bit of some of the items she had prepared. Often times she snacked while she cooked, taste-testing, so she wasn’t too hungry later on. “The Confederacy is…Strange. They are good to their people. Good to the worlds that join them. Tatooine has little water, and little opportunity to provide anything of monetary value. A general tax is collected from member worlds that can afford it. Those funds are used to keep the nation going, certainly, but they are also used to aid worlds that need it. Tatooine has clean water. Food. Valid opportunities for work. Naboo enjoys fair trade and their porters don’t get robbed blind by pirates because they patrol the main trade routes.”

“The everyday influence of the Confederacy isn’t really felt by most. People have food in their bellies. A safe place to sleep—Protection from the Sith Empire. And a say in who calls the shots. The position of the Vicelord is democratic.”

Granted, Darth Metus had yet to be voted out of office, but, he also had yet to steer them wrong.

“Domestic policy is sound. Worlds are not invaded. They aren’t taken over—Just helped. Given room to grow and become more than what they were. Slavery is still a problem because it’s been in practice for so long, but, the nation does it’s best to cut it out. They push for freedom. It doesn’t get more picturesque than that…”, she trailed off, softly, while she considered the negative points. “Foreign policy…This is where the confusion comes from.”

“As good as they are to their people—Tenfold are they as vicious to their enemies. They sleep. They focus on inward issues, until, they can’t. If they feel threatened, or that their allies are threatened, they will lash out. This is where you will find the stories of Copero. Or, even Eshan, in which they had gone to aid—Not destroy.”

“Copero… Had been overrun by a Sith faction that was intent on bringing the Confederacy to its knees. When they arrived? Rumor has it that the Chiss were killing their own in the streets. It was a nightmare. From my own standpoint…I find war itself to be abhorrent. Yet, I am not so naïve, to pretend that it doesn’t exist. The Silver Jedi have gone to war. They have fought for what they believe in the past. The only differences are the methods. Ideology. If wartime begins…I will go to save people. No matter the side. It’s going to happen with or without me.”

“I’ll do the most good I can. I’ll protect the most people I can. That’s my choice.”, Gianna paused, before a light blush covered her cheeks, at the realization that she’d been rambling. She had grown weary of defending her involvement with the nation of machines and had forgotten, for a moment, that neither of these men were there to put her on trial.

She was peaceful, to her core, but the Confederacy was not.

Kahne couldn't help but suppress a grin as he watched the playful banter between Gianna and John. The Jedi reached for his glass and took a small drink, the water providing him the perfect thing to quench his thirst. He honestly couldn't remember the last time he was able to sit down and enjoy something like this. It wasn't the food, or the water. But he felt more so it was the two individuals at which he was in the company of. The Jedi had spent a great deal of time with his family,training, war.

It was nice to sit back and just....be.

He couldn't help but opt to retrieve one of these lemon bars as he listened to Gianna speak of them. Kahne hadn't tried much sour sweets in his past so he really wasn't sure how this was going to turn out. He took the first bite and it at first was really good, and then the sour part hit his taste buds and he made a peculiar looking face then cleared his throat. He reached for the glass of water again and took a small drink.

When their host responded to him about her location of Naboo he showed a small smile. He felt as she did in a sense, when it came to Theed. While he loved the city, he preferred to be out on the open plains. Perhaps a location such as this one, or right next to the waterfalls. His past began to take over as images went through his mind just like flipping through pages in a book. Sitting out on the plains watching the stars, away from lights of Theed. And even just sitting next to the waterfalls and watching it pass by. There was so much life here that seemed to be overlooked by some. And not just human life, sitting on the edges of the bank and feeling the force as strong as one did.

Why did he ever leave?

The Jedi Master's mind stirred from being lost in thought for a few seconds as he took another bite of food, deciding to stave off the urge of another piece of lemon bar until after.

The Jedi placed rested his hand at his chin as he listened attentively to Gianna as she spoke of the Confederacy, policy's,leadership and certain aspect of their lives. Kahne nodded his head slightly as she spoke of various topics and he nodded in agreement and as well noting that he understood. This place was just as had felt it was. Hearing their host speak of it as she did, was something of a stamp on the envelope that was waiting to be mailed off.

"That's all any of us can do." The Jedi nodded his head as he took a small sip of water. "Ideologies are always going to be different. We each fight as hard as we can, for as long as we can. For what we believe in."

While he knew when he arrived here that he would have a million questions, but it seemed as if most of them were answered. He had questions about the sith that were vested within the Confederacy. However, if they followed the same doctrine of sorts that she had just mentioned as how the Confederacy operates.

Things seemed right on the money. He was sure that question would follow regardless, as they would reappear in his mind he was more than sure of.

"These lemon bars are amazing." Kahne said with a small laugh as he took another bite and another soured face came forth.

Tagging: [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Gianna Aegis"]

There was something about the way that Gianna describe the estate, the way that her face lit up when she was talking about it. The way that the location had called to her, that ephemeral pull that you couldn’t pin down or quantify. That feeling of home. John turned his head, dark eyes dancing over the view, the greenery and foliage that surrounded them, the branches dancing in the soft breeze. The picturesque view that everyone wanted, that all those tourists gathering around the posh areas of Thebes both wanted and didn’t realise what they were missing.

Only, John wasn’t looking at the greenery, at the view that surrounded them, not really. His face took on an almost nostalgic look. Instead of the greenery he was seeing ferrocrete roads and old apartments, crowded streets full of hawkers and people rushing around through their lives. People who had always had time for a smile and a nod, a quick greeting or stopping to catch up with one another, little islands that formed and flowed apart with the inevitability of the ocean. It was a place that only existed in his memory now, painted with the rose-tint of nostalgia, but it was home. The draw of the community that surrounded you like a warm embrace, the sense of belonging. They hadn’t had much money then, but it hadn’t mattered they’d had one another and that sense of belonging, the lure of a place that had called to you and made you feel welcome.

His dark eyes focused again, resting on Gianna’s animated face as a small smile tugged at his lips as he watched her. She’d found something here that called to her, made it home that much was obvious just looking at her, at the way she described the property and her attitude towards it. It was…nice to see, the passion in her words, in her being shining through in the gestures of her hand, the light shining in her eyes. It was nice to see the passion in her coming out like this, John allowed as he reached for his fork twirling it through his fingers like a pen as he glanced down at his plate, at the vegetables gathered there in a small taunting pile. The man couldn’t help the way his gaze slid up to the red-haired woman, laughter dancing in the dark orbs as he reached down an skewered the vegetables holding them up for a second before letting the fall towards his mouth. That was something else he remembered about home, the green vegetables.

The playfulness in his attitude evaporated as Gianna started on the topic of the confederacy, the fork coming to rest on his plate as John reached for his own tea, metal hands grasping the cup as he lifted it. The man had long learned to be a little careful with hot drinks, blowing on the surface of the drink before he took a sip, eyes glancing at Kahne across the table before he turned his full attention on the woman.

John had seen first hand both the foreign policy and the domestic policy of the Confederacy, the difference between how they treated their citizen and their enemies. John had spent time with the Silver Jedi, had even been raised to their assembly, a position of leadership amongst the space protected by the order, a position of trust and guidance. Yet he’d walked the streets of Eshan, had seen the devastation left behind by the Mandalorians, smelt the charred flesh and seem the hollow looks of the citizens who had survived the brief rule. The sight had left an indelible scar on him, a weight that still woke him in a sweat in the middle of the night, the cold claws of nightmares clutching at his flesh. It wasn’t a feeling that he could shake, a void he knew how to fill.

Eshan had exposed John to something he had never been aware of before, the end result of all those weapons that filled the galaxy. He’d never had to face the reality of their use, not in the same way. He’d fought alongside the Confederacy to free the planet, sweated alongside them to repair it. Perhaps he’d known what the answer would be, maybe he’d needed to hear it from someone else, someone he knew he could trust. John wasn’t sure he could match Gianna’s even-handedness, her willingness to embrace both sides. He just wanted to stop something like that ever happening again, to be able to prevent it. The Confederacy protected their own and their allies, they were willing to be the iron fist to protect what needed to be protected, to do what need to be done. That was…appealing to him.

John found himself nodding along with Kahne, “Each of us in our different ways, according to our own beliefs. However that works out for us.” John still wasn’t sure what he wanted, what he believed in personally. He’d spent the last few years surrounded by all these people who had such profound grasp on who they were, why they were fighting. A grasp that he was still searching for, an ideal that eluded him. Maybe he’d find it here with the Confederacy, find that belief that could drive him. For now though, protecting friends and allies, that didn’t sound so bad.

Leaning back in his chair John reached over for the lemon bars again, casting a quick glance over at Gianna. It felt that a weight had been lifted from him, not a decision that had been made, but one that had been confirmed, that he was on the right path. Fingers closed around another slice of the dessert as he glanced over at the trees of the orchard stretching away beyond them. “So what you’re telling me is that lemons doing come naturally as a juice in bottles?” There was a playful smile just touching the corner of his lips, in the light dancing in his eyes as he glanced back at the orchard, “You know, I may just take you up on that, the lemon and the go-bags.” There had been a park near the apartment he grew up in that had a single apple tree, but a field with nothing but fruit trees, that was something to imagine…”So, you don’t happen to have any apple trees on the estate do you?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom