Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private On making money…

Dorthea Dobson

Chief Director of Damascus Station
On board HMS Shii-Cho:

The Grand Admiral was away from the ship while the crew was at low readiness level. Standard maintenance procedures were being observed, division crews were running drills, and about two-thirds of the crew were either off duty, or sleeping as per rotation. Dorthea was in her office, helping take some of the load off Captain Treyfa as the go-for to Admiral Burtch while he was on leave.

Today, she had about 200 of Burtch's emails to cover in her share of the load while Treyfa handled another 200 on her own.

Dorthea loved the work. She was a natural organizer and logistics manager. She loved creating systems and directing limited resources to create something out of what was practically nothing. Managing Burtch's messages might as well be a video game to her.

When she breezed through her share of the load, she toyed with the idea of taking some of Treyfa's, but stopped herself. She wouldn't get in Treyfa's lane and taking another person's work was considered an insult in some cultures. So she settled for going over old messages and reconsidering recent events.

She stumbled upon the messages from NPC Treasury NPC Treasury Arenais and a thought occurred to her.

She had been deeply concerned about Burtch's investment portfolio as of late since the destruction of MandalArms, and she had been meaning to help him recoup his losses. But as his de facto accountant, she felt that she had let him down to date. She suddenly realized that with Kay, there might be an opportunity to correct recent wrongs and set things straight. She opened a new message window and began typing:

Dear Sphaera Tea Company,

This is Dorthea Dobson. As the manager of Grand Admiral Burtch's finances, I would like to explore the possibilities of investing money in your operations. I've looked into your track record and you run a solid business with reliable growth percentages every year. I am authorized to invest Burtch's finances by contract, so if you are interested in meeting me, transmit me a time and a location and I'll make the appointment work in my schedule.

Thank you, and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Sincerely,

Dorthea Dobson

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay chewed the inside of her cheek as she read over the message from Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson . Whether or not it showed that Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch was being impatient with her lack of progress towards his enormous order, she still took it as a hint that she wasn't doing enough.

Ignoring the message would be wrong. But delaying it wasn't exactly a bad idea either. So delay it she did, using some of that time to continue her research.

Vine-coffee was a stubborn plant and needed precise conditions to grow. Seeding them in any old greenhouse just wouldn't do! Which was why the coffees were so expensive. Kay thought it would be a deterrant, but in this case the Chiss' addiction proved otherwise. So she thought of looking for other worlds for production. Bakura was her first thought given her connections there, but it was in Eternal Empire space. So that was a no. She started to Consider Commenor or Mnemosyne, but neither worked as she was supposed to be dead. Neutral territory was better anyways, for there was no super power to contend with. There was less chance for war to destroy everything....

In the midst of her research, she typed out a reply;

~To Ms Dorthea Dobson,

Thank you for your offer. It will take more than just finances to fulfill the Grand Admiral's order in due haste. Perhaps if you see so yourself, you would be able to convey as much to your employer.

I am always at the Sphaera Tea Shoppe on Altiria/Annaris day in and day out. So any day or time will work for me.

Regards,

Sphaera Tea Company~

Dorthea Dobson

Chief Director of Damascus Station
Dorthea was pleased at how quickly the response had come back from the Sphaera Tea Company. She read the words to herself and recognized the logistical concerns that the person responding was hinting at. The implications got Dorthea very excited indeed…

Dorthea was a master logistician.

Her heart pounded with excitement as she began typing her own reply frantically;

Dear Sphaera Tea Company,

I am more pleased to hear this than you might've expected. I personally have experience with a logistical consulting firm within the Elysium Empire and I feel like my personal expertise might be of assistance to you. I have an array of resources at my disposal and - my employer's concerns aside - I feel like I can help you make A LOT of money here. Please consider my services at your disposal, as I will be rather enthusiastically coming over to visit your facilities as soon as possible.

Please let me be clear; I'm not really that concerned with the haste of my employer's order at this time. He can get over it.

My visit is solely based on my desire to exploit an enterprising opportunity within your company that I think I have identified from our correspondence so far. If my suspicions are correct, I will be hoping to invest a large sum of my employer's money into your infrastructure as well as including some of my own funds and resources. I sense an opportunity here, and I hope you will be open to what I have to offer.

Sincerely,

Dorthea Dobson

She hit the send button, failing to contain the grin on her face, and then practically kept for the door out of her office.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
The quick reply that she recieved back from Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson was not what she had expected. At least not in regards to her excitement over....logistics.

And then there were the words that partly concerned her; 'opportunities to exploit'. Oh boy. The last thing that she wanted was to be exploited by anyone and potentially lose control of her company.

Still she wasn't going to turn down at least hearing her out. But Elysium Empire....she'd have to be careful with that. Kay had no problems with them on the whole, but personal issues kept her from approaching nearly everyone. The time wasn't right yet.....

Kay penned a quick reply;

~Ms. Dorthea Dobson,

I look forward to your visit.

Regards,

Sphaera Tea Company~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom