Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On His Minister's Secret Service (complete)

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay stiffened a little. A vigilante or a criminal? No. No she was a hero to those that she saved. And to the Cartel, an ally of the Republic, she was just a thorn in their side.

She bypassed his first statement, only because she didn't want to get into it. But the second one she could answer. "I don't want to be a figurehead, Mr. Beach. I am just a Senator that works hard and does more than sit around and passes laws."

Kay looked towards the transport platform. One should be arriving soon and then she could slip away and not have to worry about uncomfortable questions.

[member="Fixx Kearney"]

Fixx followed her eyes towards the landing pad in the plaza, and then back to her. She was itching to leave, and she hadn’t even touched on his first question.

”You didn’t answer my question, Senator. Vigilante or criminal.”

His voice was firm but also calm, as if simply asking a question with no weight behind it.

”Or are you paid by others to do the dirty work for them at the expense of your own government.”

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Her eyes snapped to him and she got to her feet, slinging her satchel over her shoulder. Something was off about this. Either that or he was one of those aggressive reporters that really dug deep for a story. And she had plenty of facts to keep to herself.

"Certainly not! My only income is through the Senate. You can go ahead and search my financial records if you have ways of doing so, and that is all that you'll find. I am no criminal, nor vigilante. My blaster is always set to stun. Now if you'll excuse me, Mr. Beach. The next transport should be arriving shortly."

Her records would show that she had income only coming in through the Senate, but that it is never spent at the same business twice.

[member="Fixx Kearney"]

He watched the Senator rise, and he followed with little urgency, letting her have her outburst ready to pick her back up.

”Of course you’re not. Forgive me, Senator. I just ask the questions nobody else daren’t. You never know if you’ll hit the jackpot with someone as fascinating as you.”

Fixx held the datapad in his hand, tapping his finger on the side and looked at her in silence. He had certainly kicked a hornet’s nest with the questions and she was buzzing.

”I apologise. If you let me by you a caf somewhere a little quieter than sitting out here, I promise I won’t bite.”

He rested his pad on the satchel and slid his hand into his pocket, no pressure or aggression coming of him. Just relying on a slight charm offensive.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Fascinating? Well now he was buttering her up. And had apologised twice now. Maybe she was too hard on him. She sighed a little and then nodded. "Alright. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to jump on you like that. It was bad form."

She glanced over to the string of caf shops. "Tea would be lovely." It wasn't as though she had anywhere pressing to go for the moment. The transport was just a good escape route if she needed it. But remaining in a public space was always a good option as well. And there was always more than one way to exit a building.

[member="Fixx Kearney"]

”Sounds good to me.”

Fixx put away his datapad and walked a little ahead of [member="Lady Kay"] to the string of shops and bistros, and slipped into one towards the far end of the row, but an inviting one none the less. He gestured for the Senator to take a seat; either on a stool and table by the window, or at a booth at the end of the room.

”Can we have a pot of tea please. 2 cups.”

He had the attention of the young server behind the counter who nodded at the order, busying himself behind various apparatus, sweet treats in displays and pots of spices and jams. Fixx slung his satchel down by his feet and followed to where Kay was.

”I’ll admit now, this is my first time to the planet. It’s going well so far and I think a place I’d like to look around more. Has the Senate been here long?”

Kay-Larr

She followed him to one of the cafes. It was the furthest one away from the transport platform. Either that was done on purpose or it just happened to be the one he liked, she wasn't sure. But she stepped inside anyways and slid into one of the booths. Those were always more comfortable. She placed her satchel beside her. Her eyes already took note of the different exits and doors.

Kay folded her hands on the top of the table as she awaited her tea. Hopefully this time she'd be able to keep her emotions in check and remain pleasant.

"No, not it hasn't. After an attack by the Sith, the move was put to a vote and passed. I wasn't around for any of that as I don't spend as much time here as most."

[member="Fixx Kearney"]

The satchel slid in beside him and Fixx settled down, folding his arms on the table and glancing over to the counter, seeing their tea being prepared.

”You weren't around with the Sith invasion? I guess you were lucky then. Have you had any dealings with the Sith before? Have they ever come close to putting your life in danger or anything like that?”

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay shook her head as he asked if she was around. As for his other questions she hesitated. There were so many run ins with them that she has had, and some of them were not to be spoken about.

"Of course. We all have, I'm sure. My saving grace is that I'm not well known amongst them, especially as a Senator. I would hate to be in a situation where I'd be held hostage or as a prisoner of war."

And now for a slight subject change. "But in Hutt Cartel space, I am well known. I have a rather large bounty on my head which some have tried and failed to collect."

[member="Fixx Kearney"]

Fixx nodded to show he was listening to [member="Lady Kay"], and as she spoke he welcomed the tea and poured two steaming cups. Added sugar cubes and milk to his. Only he didn't like tea, and he never had. Still, best play along. He took a silver spoon and stirred it absently as he talked.

”The Hutts? You're involved with the Hutt Cartel? My dear Senator, I get the feeling you're playing with fire and one day you're going to find yourself backed into a corner with no way out.”

He stopped stirring.

”Why are you risking everything to aggravate the Hutts? What have you been doing?”

Kay-Larr

Kay just took her tea plain. She didn't need anything added to it. She picked up her cup and had a sip, leaning back in her seat as she got a little more relaxed due in part to her drink.

She probably would find herself stuck. "There's always a way out..." That was spoken softly, almost to herself in reassurance as she had another sip of her tea. Kay looked up to [member="Fixx Kearney"] as she answered his question, "The Hutts are the largest gear in the slave trade ring. I am merely doing my part to run that machine off it's course. And I do it because no one should have to live under oppression and certainly not be owned by anyone else." As for what she had to risk? Nothing but her own life.

”May I ask what steps you take personally against the Cartel? I mean...off-record if you'd like. I'm very intrigued by what you're hinting at.”

He leaned in a little, turning his head slightly to take everything in about her as she sat drinking her tea and laying out her game plan.

”Do you operate outside the Senate, in the shadows, so to speak?”

A tiny smile formed, this [member="Lady Kay"] starting to become a person he hadn't quite expected.

Kay-Larr

There was much that she couldn't tell him of course, even off the record. He was a stranger afterall and the last thing that she needed was for her enemies to know her patterns. That is if she even had a pattern.

"The Senate is aware. One even tried to have the bounty removed from my head,but failed. Her only success was to have my bounty valid only in Hutt Space."

She sipped her tea, half wondering when [member="Fixx Kearney"] would have a sip of his. The cream should've cooled it down enough for him.

"I can't really give you any details, even off the record, Mr. Beach. Lives would be at risk and I gave my word not to let that happen."

In the field, operatives had to think fast. They had to gather intelligence; investigate, analyse, record. However, sometimes operatives had to look the target in the eyes and make a decision in a heartbeat that would dictate the future of a person, city or planet. They had to pull the trigger and suffer the consequences of the shot.

Fixx nodded and gently moved his tea aside.

”Off the record, Senator, what if I could help you in the matters pertaining to the freedom and security of the Republic.”

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

She raised a brow as it seemed that he had no interest at all in his tea. But also for his off the record statement. It wasn't as though she was recording him at all.

"What do you mean?" He had her full attention, but it wasn't so much of a fight or flight situation as of yet.

[member="Fixx Kearney"]

He folded his arms and studied her, keeping his voice calm and matter-of-fact.

”You're running from something. I don't know what, or who, but a Senator in your position has a general fear for their own safety, but you? You're more than fearful - you're terrified.”

Fixx paused to read her face.

”You're attracting unwanted attention, Kay, and I think it's time for you to be a little more open in your dealings. I can help you if you tell me the truth about what you really are. Sentor.”

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay shook her head. She wasn't running and she certainly wasn't terrified of anything. The only person that she was afraid of hasn't been seen in seven years. She hasn't even heard any rumours of him either.

She just listened to his words that were very much unlike what a reporter would say. Now she just needed to confirm her suspicions. A good deflection tactic but she needed to know who she was dealing with.

"Attracting unwanted attention? That's not hard to deduce given the bounty on my head. But you're not really a reporter, are you? Did the Minister of Intelligence send you? She told me that she would have an agent work for me for a while as my assistant. But you don't really look the type...No offence."

She sipped her tea, if only to keep her calm, for who knows who [member="Fixx Kearney"] worked for and what he was capable of.

He couldn't help a little chuckle. Sometimes these covers were a pain - useful to your foot in the door, but Fixx himself preferred to act naturally to keep it open.

”None taken, Senator Kay. I work for the Minister of Intelligence and I'm an operative with the Galactic Republic. We have reason to believe your either selling us out, or you're in great danger. I for one think the latter but you can never be too sure.”

Fixx looked out of the windows, then discreetly over his shoulder, before back to Kay.

”You want my help, then give me something to work with. Something for the Republic to continue to trust you and not feel you're collaborating with the enemy.”

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Selling them out? Hardly. In danger? Most definitely. Though with the way this agent had confronted her, she was wondering if she was in danger from everyone.

"Your help? I wasn't asking for any. I approached the Minister myself and gave her an idea of what I was up to to see if I was in danger of treason. But it didn't seem so."

She sipped her tea as she tried to work out what to say. She couldn't give up everything. "I'm not sure what it is that you can work with. Sometimes I work alone, sometimes I hire mercs and pilots to help me. You'd be surprised at how many people are against slavery. But nothing goes back to the Republic. It isn't even mentioned in negotiations or conversations." If anything she's only endangered the Republic's relationship with it's ally, the Hutt Cartel. But that relationship probably wouldn't last long anyways.

[member="Fixx Kearney"]

”I know you didn't ask for my help. You've got a bounty on your head and you're suspected on consorting with the Sith. As far as I'm concerned all politicians are crooked one way or another, some just more than others. I wouldn't like to think you're one of the worst.”

He leant over and fished for some credits in his jacket and placed them on the tea tray.

”With the Hutts involved, you've already signed yourself a deal with the devil, but if you're happy to fight the fight alone, then that's all I need to hear.”

Fixx stood and shouldered his satchel, turning the tables and going for the bluff.

”I'm sure we will meet again, Senator. Right now I have to report how much of a liability you are to the Senate and Republic itself.” He flashed her a smile. "Thanks for the tea.”

He turned and began to make a move out of the bistro and to the plaza.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom