Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On His Minister's Secret Service (complete)

Fixx held his hands behind his back and let [member="Lady Kay"] speak her mind first. He was the blunt instrument of the intelligence service that did what was asked, and however much his methods may not be by the book, he somehow knew [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] had faith in him, after a few harsh words maybe later over an office brandy.

His face had a slightly amused look on it as the Senator started to shift the blame on him acting reckless, but nothing she said affected him.

”I said I’d come after you if you ran. My job is to get answers from those who pose a threat to the greater Republic, and if that doesn’t work then other methods must be taken. Your job isn’t to free slaves, Senator. Your job is to negotiate, debate and represent your planet in matters that can tip a people’s future in a thunder of voices. That is power that a gun can’t dictate. You talk about trapped Wookiees? Is that your basis for why you threaten the stability of the Republic Senate by acting like this?”

He stepped forward beside her.

”The task of going behind enemy lines or freeing slaves falls to the Jedi and our own operatives, not Senators. For the dozens of slaves freed today, a dozen more are taken tomorrow and it’s not your job to keep trying to change the galaxy on both sides of the battlefield.”

He turned to Kay.

”Have you ever killed a man? I mean, have you actually looked into their eyes as you pull the trigger and take a life? All the intelligence, reports, debates and arguments can’t prepare you for that split-second moment when you have to take your heart out of the equation and act. When that time comes for you Kay, would you be able to pull that trigger?”

Fixx then looked at the Minister.

”We have people who can pull the triggers. I suggest you leave it to them.”

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay frowned as [member="Fixx Kearney"] talked down at her, telling her what she can and can't do. Just because he could only do one job, it didn't mean that others weren't capable of more. [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] herself was a Senator, a Minister and a Ruler of her own planet.

She swallowed down her growing frustration. "I perform my Senatorial duties as well. I participate in the votes, negotiate with other governments, go to their aid when they need help and set up trade contracts for Commenor. The economy is booming for them, so I am not lacking in those duties. But as I told you before, just because more slaves could be caught, it doesn't make those lives less valuable. What it does is make the slave trade more expensive and less profitable for them, making it less popular."

As Fixx looked to her and asked about killing in cold blood. "I can't answer that because I don't know. I haven't had to do it. I'll know when the situation calls for it."

It seemed that [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Fixx Kearney"] were going to continue their debate of right and wrong here in her office. Faith sat down put her chin into her left hand resting her ebow on her desk and then extended her right and lightly began to drum her fingers on the desk, just softly as she listened. Can learn a lot from listening, one thing that was clear Fixx had crawled under Kay's skin.

Kay now drew Faith into the discussion mentioning the Trandoshan Elders, "I don't think actions such as those are being questioned. And if my agent threatened you, you must have given him reason to none of his records indicate that he does anything without a reason" Her thoughts he could be wreckless, but he did his duty.

Fixx looked at her making his statement about triggers, yes he was a trigger he could kill and efficiently so.

"Kay the number of roles you perform is not the question, nor is the question whether you have served Commenor justly. But the question is what you do in the performance of those roles. If you are conspiring with the Sith making friends with the Sith that is an issue. That is one of the things Agent Kearney was sent to find out. So." Faith looked at her friend, " are you meeting with the enemy, the ones who have taken over a number of worlds including Coruscant, Balmorra, Atrisia.

Faith could use a drink.

The agent was an NPC assigned to you

Kay-Larr

((Somehow I had missed that or forgotten. I know that Aaron was going to do it, but after some messages, I guess he got too busy with other things. Sorry.))

Kay clentched her jaw. Atrisia was the only one of the three that she had been to. But that was an invasion done without armies. That was a war of words. The Sith arriving there after she did was a bad coincidence and both her and [member="Mantic Dorn"] nearly lost there lives.

She shifted her weight on her feet and rubbed the back of her neck in a bid to try to ease the growing tension in her body. "I....I have hired different people from different walks of life. Most of them are mercenaries.....Some have been Sith, but those men hate slavery too. They took great care in the rescues and the Republic was never mentioned. Nothing about the war was ever mentioned. We just dealt with the the task at hand."

She took in a deep breath and released it, just waiting for [member="Fixx Kearney"] to pounce on her, berate her, have the guards arrest her. Kay's eyes moved from [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] to her desk. The enemy if her enemy was her friend. That was the saying, wasn't it? Especially in political circles

This wasn't his place. He shouldn't even BE here. He had done his job and brought the Senator in, and [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] had the skill to handle this in a diplomatic and calm way. Fixx kept his hands behind his back, a few small steps behind [member="Lady Kay"] and watched.

”Do you have a name of these Sith conspirators?” He asked the question.

If digging had to be done, and if the Sith were working in alliance with the Senator, then how deep did their tentacles go through the Republic? This was a simmering pot waiting to boil over and burn them.

Kay-Larr

She slowly shook her head. "With all do respect, I can't tell you. I can't tell anyone. They risked their lives just for helping me. Both the Republic and the Sith could kill them for it and I don't want to be the reason that they were discovered. One of them saved my life as well as a Jedi's. If it weren't for me keeping my word, we'd probably both be dead or captured."

[member="Fixx Kearney"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

Faith pursed her lips tightly, "So you will protect the Sith because they helped you, helped you with your cause, is this correct Senator Kay?" Faith had to remove her personal feelings from this.

Faith knew the answer she had just heard it she had said she couldn't break her word, "It is admirable that you keep your word so well. Based upon your statements I have no choice, I have to detain you."

Faith nodded to the guard, "I don't want to put you in a cell, I am going to assign a detail, and Agent Kearney to you until I can resolve what the Senate and the Republic would like to do with this information. Key if you had told me you were dealing with Sith when we spoke I would have warned you this could happen, it was bad enough that you were working within the Hutt Cartel. I know you are loyal to the Republic, I've said it a few times but even I have a hard time with the Sith after what they did to my home, to Zeltros, and now to Atrisia my father's home world."

Faith knew she had to speak with the Prime Minister Genevieve Lasedri. "[member="Fixx Kearney"] , when you spoke with [member="Mantic Dorn"] did he mention this life threatening moment and that they were saved by the sith?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

"Please no. I am protecting a couple of individuals. Not the Sith as a whole. I don't support what they do just as I don't support the Techno Union. They may even break away from the Sith in the future."

Kay wasn't sure what was worse. Being locked up in a cell or having [member="Fixx Kearney"] with her all the time. He didn't like her and they spent most of their time arguing. No doubt Fixx wouldn't let her do anything but paperwork.

No doubt that [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] was feeling betrayed, just as Kay was. Though she knew that she mostly had herself to blame. But still, everything was spiralling out of control and even the Republic was going against her. To run now wouldn't help matters at all.

Things were starting to escalate, and while Fixx had learnt to take himself out of equations, if he could be of use then he would let that be know. He stepped forward gently beside [member="Lady Kay"].

”Atrisia. I was told that was the planet where this Sith, possibly a bounter hunter, savd the Jedi and Senator with little reason why. That's what he said.”

He turned to [member="Faith Balor-Organa"].

”So she doesn't sell us out, let me shadow her as her aide and find out what really goes on out there.”

Eyes moving to Kay, he shrugged slightly.

”You withhold information from those you supposedly call your allies, so you can't be trusted. I don't trust anyone as a general rule, but if you don't show some willing then you're future is looking more unstable by the second, and I know you don't want that. Nor do we.”

Kay-Larr

Kay sighed a little as she she nodded. Everyone was entitled to their secrets. She didn't want to hurt anybody.

"Alright. I'll take him as an aid. If that's what I must do, then that's what I must do. Maybe then he'll see that I'm not a threat like he thinks that I am."

And maybe he could offer advice and see her way of things. Not everything was in black and white.

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Fixx Kearney"]

Faith looked at Fixx if she could have shook him just then she would have. Faith looked down at her shoes admiring the tiny details that ran across the toe thinking of what to say, and choosing her words wisely. She had to think before she spoke, always. think. She was thinking why didn't he think of that before he brought her in, if he wanted to shadow her it sounded like he could have made that field decision.

Breath.

Faith let out the breath she was holding slowly, and looked to Kay. What a mess. Not that Faith thought the slaves were not worth freeing, everyone deserved freedom. But why did her personal crusade have to involve a senatorial position within the Republic. Wouldn't it be easier as a private citizen? Faith looked back to her shoes. She was going to have netra'gal after this.

They were both giving her a headache. The should give each other headaches.

She picked her chin up and stared at the wall between them, and remembered things that [member="Dar'yaim Balor"] had taught her.

"Fine He doesn't drink tea. And she doesn't drink much of anything but tea. You two should be perfect together." Deep breath, "I want reports [member="Fixx Kearney"] I want to know where you are." What could she say to Kay, "Do not get my agent killed, or involved in an intergalactic incident." Faith was done.

"Questions?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Intergalactic incident? Most that she had been involved in weren't her fault. She would be going about her own business, usually getting new trade contracts for Commenor, when the world she's on gets attacked and she'd have to escape. Kay wondered if she'd get in trouble for those if they happened again while @Fix Kearney was with her.

She nodded to [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]. "Yes, Minister. I will try my best." She wanted to make a bit of a joke then, about how they'll try not to kill eachother as they get on eachother's nerves, but this was a serious matter. And Fixx would no doubt remind her of it every day.

Fixx stood and half-smiled at the little dig [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] made. She knew her agent all too well. And if he would find out more for the Republic with [member="Lady Kay"], then it was worth a try.

”Yes ma’am.”

Nodding slightly to the Minister, Fixx turned and opened the door, allowing the Senator to take the hint and leave with him for their little adventure together.

Kay-Larr

Kay gave [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] a look that expressed that she was sorry, before tightening her grip on her satchel and turning to exit the room. At least she only had [member="Fixx Kearney"] with her. Having the guards as well would be worse. However Fixx intimidated her quite a bit. At least he was on the good side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom