Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On Frozen Winds

(Going to post with both Ra and Seo.)

Ra-

Turning her attention to the dark haired woman, Ra listened to what she said and nodded. That was two for going and checking out these caves. And lastly one of the other two new comers spoke. Now three were on board to check these caves out and Ra assumed the blond was as well. A small party assembled to explore caves. Maybe find a dragon or this plant she was here for.

Looking up at the sky, she turned back to Nunak since it seemed he might have more knowledge of Arkania.

"Any idea when nightfall is going to happen?"

Handing Mereel the paper she had out previously to show him, she waited for him to look it over and hand it back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seo-

She was quiet through the exchanges, but when Mereel mentioned he had sharp eyes and would be able to spot something a kilometer out, she couldn't help but react. Knowing exactly how telepathy affected him she did two things. One was squarely attempt to elbow him (and failed because of the armor).

Careful of that ego. It has proven to be a weakness and you have been overconfident.​

[member="Mereel Vaun"] [member="Aithne Charr"] [member="Nunak"]

Taking a drag from the cigara, he nodded motioning south. "Only a few hours 'til night. Unless you all have personal transports, shelter will be needed to survive the cold." Kicking the tossing snow on it, a habit probably unneeded on a world such as this, he gripped his rifle ready to move.

Stepping away from the makeshift camp, he motioned for them to follow, taking only a moment to collect his bearings. Then the Cathar began his trek, moving at a steady, if somewhat swift to the others, pace. Not restricted by armor he seemed to move freely and easily, the cold not impeding his stride.

"Before joining the Republic I used to hunt quiet often, out of both necessity and sport. The years apart from Cathar have robbed me of the pleasure, as well as many others. While these are not the endless fields I am familiar with, the frost has a certain beauty to behold."

Finally as they continued, spires of ice broke the horizon o the uneven wastes. Seven of them in number, each haphazardly rising in a natural, but somewhat sinister, formation. Their direction and placement was seemingly random, only adding to the charm of their jagged edges. They cast great shadows, warding off any starlight and replacing it with cold frost.

In the midst of the spires a single large tunnel could be spotted, a black hole among pillars of blue and white. An ominous void which cut into the depths of Arkania. "There it is," Nunak pointed as they approached.

[member="Mereel Vaun"] | [member="Aithne Charr"] | [member=Ra'a'mah]

Mereel took the sheet of flimsi from Ra, but a familiar presence tingled at the fringes of his mind before he could even look at the paper. Having missed Seo's attempt to warn him of her imminent telepathy via-elbowing, his eyes became icy under his helmet and a heavy shiver cascaded through the small of his back. His eyes saw without seeing as he regained his composure, although it took him exceptionally longer to do so than normal.

Once he finally got over the telepathy-creeps and shivers, he realized that he had been holding the note for an already substantial amount of time and promptly handed it back. Having not really seen what the plant looked like at all, he frowned under his helmet. He contemplated lying to Ra by telling her he was on the lookout now, but instead he just gave her a slight nod of the helmet - a gesture that wasn't a lie if given no context, but it would still convey that he knew what to look for now, even though he didn't.

With rifle shouldered Mereel followed behind the hunter as the man lead them from his camp, returning Seo's telepathy as they began their hike to the cave, A little warning would've been nice, I didn't see what that plant looked like at all..

Mereel took in their surroundings as the Cathar mentioned their beauty. He could agree with the Cathar's assessment as an explorer, but, "It's beautiful, but I can't believe that anyone wanted to colonize this snow globe. Karking crazy if you ask me."

If he had to settle down anywhere, he'd like to think that it would be on a nice, temperate world, like Naboo, Qiilura, or Nadiem. At absolute lowest, he would settle for a desert, at least those were warm - but planets that were entirely snow covered seemed like miserable places to take up residence.

He stopped in his tracks for a moment as the towering, and somewhat menacing ice spires came into view. An equally menacing maw of a cave-mouth was positioned near the center of the spire cluster.

He let out a small chuckle,"Oh, I've got a good feeling about this. Fabled dragon's lair if I've ever seen one."

[member="Seo Linn"] [member="Nunak"] [member="Aithne Charr"]

(Same as before)

Ra-

Under her heavy and layered clothing, Ra wore a suit that gave wonderful temperature control. So she didn't actually feel the cold as much as she could have. That being said, she did not have anything to use as shelter. She fell into a comfortable stride with Nunak though after putting the sheet back into her pocket for the second time that day.

The walk really didn't take that much time and the group arrived intact. Seeing the jagged spires, she couldn't help but admire the cold beauty in front of them.

"You should see my home on Helska. Makes this world seem like paradise."

There no l​ife could thrive and she rarely went there. Instead she made her home elsewhere and then her fleet of merchant ships was another home for her. She wasn't about to tell any of them just where that home was though. Ra did fully agree with the sentiment though.

"Thank you. Guess there is only one way in, but it seems to good..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seo-

T​hat's what the elbow was for. Warning

This message should be expected and as much as she didn't want to admit it...giving Mereel that odd feeling was something she actually enjoyed. She shrugged slightly at what he said though. Being a person needed to make quick observations, she wanted to tell him there was no image of the plant involved. It was a simple story from a news clipping off the holonet.

"Maybe we will get that hunt together."

[member="Mereel Vaun"] [member="Nunak"] [member="Aithne Charr"]

Nunak echoed Mereel's comment, "Of that we are in agreement. The cold is an annoyance, and in many ways a challenge, but there is no use in complaining." The Cathar was cold, perhaps colder than the rest of their small party, garbed in the simple leathers he had fashioned himself from the kill of another world. Yet he did reveal his discomfort, only dusting off snow that built up on his fur when it became far too much of an irritant.

Motioning to the cave entrance he quickly checked his rifle, surveying it as he has countless times in the past, before stepping in. The entrance was sharp and jagged, the ground covered in snow. With each step the cave softened and smoothed out. As the snow upon the ground was left behind them friction began to depart with it, thankfully Nunak's boots were equipped with simple spikes which he drove into the ice with each step.

As the light of Arkania's star left them behind, the corporal drew out an energy pack powered lantern, using it to guide their way. "I was always advised to avoid exploring caves, could get lost. Any of you bring some rope?" He queried, a light hint of humor tinging his voice.

[member="Mereel Vaun"] | [member="Aithne Charr"] | [member=Ra'a'mah]

Seo's continued use of telepathy wasn't really a surprise to him, but he still got goosebumps and chills when the message broke into his thoughts. Under his helmet, his eyebrows raised in confusion. Elbow? What are you talking about?

Neither chills nor goosebumps could be attributed to cold weather of the planet. The environment around them was almost a non-issue for him at the moment. His armor had a personal heating unit, and was fully enclosed due to its synthmesh body glove - which happened to be extremely good at retaining heat.

As they entered the cave, the Cathar hunter made Mereel realize a small problem with his hunting-trip/cave-delving planning: he had only brought one pair of boot spikes in his backpack.

"I actually did bring some rope..Though if this cave's as big on the inside as those spires were on the outside, I don't think it'll get us all the way through."

Just in case they actually intended on using the rope for path-finding, Mereel pulled the spool out of his backpack as he retrieved the boot-spikes. Handing the boot spikes to Seo, his mind raced to think of a way to avoid her calling him out on his obvious lack of foresight in front of their new compatriots. A light flickered on in his eyes as the perfect idea came to him.

He slung his blaster rifle over his back for a moment and began gently unwrapping the Lorrdian scarf that had been tightly winded around his armor's neckglove, "Here. Hold onto this for me for a little while." His helmet concealed a toothy grin as he loosely draped the scarf around her shoulders.

Redrawing his rifle, Mereel gave her a quick look over and a nod of the helmet, "Lose it and I'll cry."

Mereel returned his attention to the matter at hand and tied off the end of the spool's rope to a sturdy looking stalagmite. "Tied off to a rock and ready to rock." He began following behind the Cathar, taking excessive care with his steps to prevent himself from falling and sliding down to some force-forsaken crevice.

[member="Nunak"] | [member="Aithne Charr"] | [member=Ra'a'mah]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom