Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Omega Low Altitude Assault Craft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
343px-ME3_Gunships.png

Credit: http://masseffect.wi...E3_Gunships.png
Intent: To provide a fast and light assault vehicle able to take down tanks with ease
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Fondor TerraTech
Model: Omega Protectorate Low Altitude Assault Craft
Affiliation: Omega Protectorate
Modularity: Yes (Extra Armor can be added at the cost of speed)
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel
Description: The Omega Low Altitude Assault Craft,or 0-LAAC for short,was designed due to the need for a specialized anti-tank aerial platform. The O-LAAC was designed with speed in mind,to hit the enemy hard and fast before they even had time to register what happen. To do this,the O-LAAC needed a good amount of firepower in its arsenal,the main armament was chosen to be a Dual Heavy Auto Blaster Cannon,capable of punching through light to medium armored vehicles easily,the other two armaments were interchangeable due to changing battlefield conditions,the first one was 20 40mm Free-Fire Rockets,used to take down stationary targets,dug in infantry and light armored vehicles,the second one was 10 80mm Missiles,used to take out moving targets,bunkers and medium to heavy armored vehicles. While this platform is great,it does not come without its disadvantages,one being the fact that it is lightly armored,due to the fact it relies more on speed than anything else.

Role: Infantry Support Vehicle
Height: 3.9 Meters
Length: 17.3 Meter
Width: 8.3 Meters
Weight: 15 Tons
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 2
Propulsion: Repulsorlift
Top Speed: 200 KM/H
Armaments: 2x Heavy Repeater Cannons,20x Free-Fire 40mm Rockets or 10x Lock-On 80mm Missiles
Passenger Capacity: N/A
Cargo Capacity: N/A
Misc. Equipment:
  • Advanced Targeting System
  • Advanced Ray Shield Generator
  • Comm System
  • 4 Flare Launchers (5 Each)
  • IFF Tag
  • MFTAS

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Noah Corek"]
Alright, lessee what we can do here. I like the concept, but just a few issues.

First off, you're trying to combine the RL equivalent of an Apache and a Blackhawk/Huey together and maintain high speed despite the extra cargo and weight you're carrying. I'll be honest, if you want to keep both anti-vehicle and troop transport qualities, you're going to need to drop the speed to a troop transporter, maybe slightly faster as it carries only half a squad. However, that'll kill the vehicle as a tank hunter. So, this what I think you should do:

Drop the troop transport ability entirely and focus on a tank hunter platform. You've got nice armament and I like the modular rockets as they allow some good battlefield versatility. The thing that'll kill it is that the extra weight from the troops and their gear will slow the thing down which will be a death sentence for the gunship as a whole and a steel coffin for the troops it's carrying. As just a pure tank hunter, I can see it being that fast and I can even see some bolt on armor being listed in the modular section.

We'll go with this for right now. Just @ me when done and we'll move right along.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Noah Corek"]
Looks great, just do one favor for me. Go through the sub and remove the references to infantry transport here and there in the sub, specifically in the Intent and Role sections.

Also, please specify if the shield generator is a ray, particle, or deflector shield.

@ me when done and you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom