Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omega Event Rewards

With the Omega event open so much has happened and so many great stories have been told.

Rewards have a couple of restrictions attached to them:
  • Rewards (with the exception of the image rewards) are a one-time use. A list will be kept where both Factory and Codex Judges can see. When a person uses their reward it will be recorded.
  • Character rewards cannot be transferred from one character to another, they must be used by that character. The only exception is if the character dies or is retired it may be transferred to a new character. Such a thing should be recorded in this thread or via a PM to myself.
  • Faction rewards must be approved by faction staff to be used. ‘Liking’ the post where they are used is sufficient, or a PM to the judge overseeing the usage.
  • Rewards do not ‘stack’, IE you cannot combine with another writer or faction to double rewards. If you happen to have two rewards personally you cannot use both in one go.
  • You may choose to select a reward from a lower tier if you wish. So you may exchange a Gold for a Silver for instance.
  • There will be special images winners can use in their signature. If you did not win a reward you cannot use these.

Naturally we can’t reward every writer, so here below is a list of those who have received rewards for their IC or OOC actions. This is based on the suggestions of Event and Board Staff, personal and member nominations and by personally reading the threads.

Rewards by thread:
Deadly Void:
  • Gold - Major Faction - First Order
  • Gold - Personal - [member="Ayden Cater"]
  • Silver - Major Faction - Galactic Alliance
  • Silver - Personal - [member="Cyrus Tregessar"]
  • Silver - Personal - [member="Astarii Saren"]
  • Silver - Personal - [member="William Kerkov"]
  • Silver - Personal - @Roderick von Brinkerhoff
  • Bronze - Minor Faction - The Commonwealth
  • Bronze - Personal - All of the following: [member="Zark"], [member="Reshmar"], [member="Gir Quee"], [member="Charzon Loulan"], [member="Natasi Fortan"], [member="Valessia Brentioch"], [member="Tanomas Graf"], [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"], [member="Verz Horak"], [member="Horus"]
  • Bronze - Personal - All of the following: [member="Pierce Fortan III"], [member="Nils Brenner"], [member="Sara Lee Jones"]

Rains of Castameer:
  • Silver - Personal - [member="Draco Vereen"]
  • Bronze - Major Faction - Mandalorians
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Ajira Cardei"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Gray Raxis"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Stardust Raxis"]

Fate of the Duels:
  • Silver - Major Faction - First Order
  • Silver - Personal - [member="CT-47B"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Saverok"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Alkor Centaris"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Kami Meran"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Adson Tracyn'kemir"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Darth Ignus"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Arcanus Ignis"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Cathbodua"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Darth Carnifex"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Atheus"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Valashu Elahad"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Darth Abyss"]

Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now:
  • Gold - Personal - [member="Matsu Xiangu"] plus Darth Sicarii’s lightsabre and his image collection.
  • Gold - Personal - [member="Jude Falkrowe"]
  • Gold - Personal - [member="Wolf"] plus Kith Verloren’s lightsabre and her copy of Heart of Darkness.
  • Silver - Major Faction - First Order
  • Silver - Personal - [member="Elpsis Elaris"]
  • Silver - Personal - [member="Nima Tann"]
  • Silver - Personal - [member="Charlyra Araano"]
  • Silver - Personal - [member="Kira Vaal"]
  • Silver - Personal - [member="Karen Roberts"]
  • Silver - Personal - [member="Dax Fyre"] plus Darth Moreth’s lightsabre and her hat.
  • Silver - Personal - [member="Zark"]
  • Bronze - Major Faction - Mandalorians
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Samka Derith"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Kierel"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Nomar"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="HK-36"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Arla Balor"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Vustia"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Tiland Kortun"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Thoja Arlos"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Audren Sykes"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Thresh Sken"]

Unofficial:
  • Silver - Major Faction - The Kathol Outback
  • Silver - Personal - [member="Matsu Ike"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Irtar"]
  • Bronze - Company - Archangel
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Makai Dashiell"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Darth Erebos"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Saki lin"]
  • Bronze - Personal - @Udiin Jai Kyrze
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Krass Wyms"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Zak Dymo"]
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Asharad Graush"]

Prologue:
  • Silver - Personal - [member="Naamah Aesham"]

Misc:
  • Gold - Personal - [member="Irajah Ven"] . Invaluable assistance with the event.
  • Silver - Personal - [member="Anija Betna"], [member="Liliane Lancaster"], [member="Isamu Baelor"], [member="Ria Misrani"]. Providing event image help.
  • Silver - Personal - [member="Taeli Raaf"] & [member="Raziel"] . Providing event help.
  • Silver - Personal - [member="Taeli Raaf"]. Winning the planet design competition.
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Korro Kenyu"], [member="Veino Garn"], [member="Vengeance"], [member="Ultimatum"] . OOC assistance with the event.
  • Bronze - Personal - [member="Gilamar Skirata"] & [member="Samka Derith"]. Runners up in the planet design competition.

Thank you to everyone who took part and congratulations to the winners!

But what did you win?

Well, see below for a list of the spoils. Please note that all rewards removing or lessening development must still pass the Factory or Codex on their own merits. Judges can force edits or even deny overpowered submissions.

Rewards by Tier:
Gold:
N7FSuTw.jpg

Silver:
zvtVp9X.jpg

Bronze:
WWRzJNr.jpg

Winners of any tier may construct a unique personal submission using ‘Omegium’. Gold and Silver tiers may do this in addition to their other rewards.

There are also some special image rewards for winners. These may be used by all characters who received a personal reward or who took part when their faction won an award. You may combine more than one you are eligible for.
Gold:
vS7F401.png

W9QmPLt.png

Silver:
VXuBjEw.png

Bronze:
bxcSzvC.png

Any Tier:
CpIHZBv.png

aZYZsfO.png

mHGv6ms.png

That’s all for now. Thank you again for taking part. Be on the lookout for future events or mini-events we might run.
A blog detailing the narrative story and an OOC washup blog post will be coming out soon. I will also be posting the fleeting system I used for Deadly Void on the forum too for anyone interested.

Now, in case it is not blindingly apparent you may choose ONE reward per received award. It acts like a coupon, and once used is gone forever.

You may choose any of the valid options within a tier but it can only be ONE of them. You do not get all the rewards.

Irtar

Eternal Padawan
A piece of radiation resistant metal? I can find a use for it. *ponders*

Either way, it was fun. Hopefully next event my character will be developed to the point I can throw him into the thick of it. ;)

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Since Mandalorians for Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now are listed for Bronze Major Faction award Cole can use the "Omega Combatant" or "The Omega War" signature tags.

Is this correct?

For simplicity's sake, and so no one gets confused:

When the reward designates "Major Faction," it means members of that faction in the indicated thread, and not members of the faction involved in the event et al, correct?

Valiens Nantaris said:
[member="Darth Ignus"]
Means either a faction or a person can use them.

[member="Cole Dagos"]
Sure, if you took part in the event as a member of a faction which won you can use their reward image.
Pretty sure Cole falls under the category. Thanks.

[member="Alkor Centaris"]
It means the major faction as a whole.

But as noted only those acting with the approval of the faction staff may use the reward. It's a one use thing, so factions should be sure they know what they're doing before they use it.

Where would the best place to direct complaints be concerning the event and the rewards be? I would imagine PM, but I feel the need to ask in a post for others sake as much as my own.

So, after talking with a few of the Mandalorian writers that stuck it out to the end, I've come up with a few suggestions to help appease the salt burn that many of them are feeling.

The first suggestion is that. As neat as Omegium is as a material, it doesn't make a particularly great reward due to how severely limited it's uses are. Many of the writers awarded use of Omegium were hoping for something... A bit more interesting/useful. My suggestion would be to come up with 1-2 alternative "Bronze Private" awards and make Omegium the "participation trophy" of the Omega Event. Aka, everyone who showed up can use it once.

Another suggestion would be to reduce the restrictions on Omegium for Silver Faction and Gold Faction winners. If they choose to, let a faction instead use their reward for a less restricted use of Omegium in a single submissions. With Silver able to make a unique sub of upto vehiclr size/grade of the stuff.... And Gold able to make upto starship sized unique sub. Alternatively, limited production trinkets for Silver. Minor produced trinkets for gold, unique armor/droid for Silver, limited armor/droid for gold.

Outside of that, I feel that the Mandalorian effort in the Reigns of Castameer thread was at least worthy of Silver Reward. They showed up in force and represented themselves well inspite of fierce disagreement with aspects of how the opposition was responding to their efforts. On the whole, I feel that the Mandalorian Faction's rewards have been unfairly reduced due to my vocal withdrawal from the event and that the efforts of the other Mandalorian writers in the Deadly Void and Reigns of Castameer threads should be revaluated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom