Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Omega Advanced Combat Armor Mk.I (OACA Mk.I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
213px-H4_ODST_Armor.png

Credit: http://halo.wikia.co..._ODST_Armor.png
Intent: To make a more advanced armor than the Battle Armor Mk II/S for the Omega Pyre
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Fondor TerraTech
Model: Omega Advanced Combat Armor Mk I
Affiliation: Omega Protectorate
Modularity: Yes
Production: Minor (Only Available to the Omega Pyre)
Material: Ceramic-Plasteel (Armor Plates) Armorweave Nano Fiber (Body Glove) Enviromental Underlay
Description: While the ODF and other Protectorate forces used the Battle Armor Mark II's,a new armor was developed by Noah Corek to give the Omega Pyre a more advanced set of armor due to their position as one of the most elite units in the galaxy. The armor is not very expensive when it comes to armor,but it is expensive enough that mass production is made unviable and therefore it is only fielded by the best of the best that the Protectorate has to offer.
Like the Mk II,it comes with an enviromental underlay so its wearer can be comfortable in a multitude of enviroments,ranging from the jungles of Yavin IV to the ice plains of Hoth. The bodyglove is a nanoweave Armorweave,designed to harden upon contact with with slugs and to withstand glancing blows from lightsabers and blaster bolts. The armor plates are based of the Mk II/S as well,with one key difference,instead of a plastoid-ceramic plates,the plates of this armor are a plasteel-ceramic mix,which stand up better to both blaster bolts and slugs. These plates are only placed in critical places though,the arms,legs,chest and shoulders. The helmet is equipped with many features,including IFF,Tracking Beacon,Comlink,a Auto-Polarization function and Multi-Frequency Targeting and Acquisition System or MFTAS,allows the user to see through,smoke,fog,blizzards and sandstorms.
While this is a highly advanced armor,there are some flaws that come with it. One being the gaps between the armor plates that could be easily pierced,by either three slugs or a single blaster bolt. While the ceramic plates allow for a heavy amount of fire power to break through,weapons like rotary blaster cannons,tanks cannon,heavy caliber slugthrowers and rocket launchers can easily pierce right through the armor. The filter allow for protection from diseases and airborne particles,it can only stand up to rigors of the elements for so long.
The backpack comes with a built in mini-repulsorlift in the bottom,allow some weight to be taken of and increase the wearers abilities by 10%. The armor is very modular,sections of armor can be removed,like the leg and arm plates can be removed for extra mobility,extra plates can be added on if your going for heavy assault and a jetpack or repulsor pack can be added if your going into space. Even micro-rockets,ripcord cables and micro-flamethrowers can be added to the wrists of the armor,as well as shoulder mounted and backpack mounted weapons. All options and extra features are optional,making this a great multi-purpose armor.
Classification: Multi-Purpose

Weight: 15.7 Kilograms
Quality: Class-6
Other Feature(s):

Built in HUD
Auto-Polarizing Visor
MFTAS
Utility Belt
IFF Tag
Comlink
Tracking Beacon
Air Filter (1 Hour)
Magnetic Plates on the Back,Waist,Thighs and Back for weapons
Magnetized Boots

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Noah Corek"]
Okay, here's the deal. I've reviewed this and also dug up the Battle Armor Mk II/S for reference. Long and short, and I'm trying to be nice here, but it's so similar that I have to ask why would anyone want or buy this? The original is, overall, a better design and more capable. This has some nifty stuff to use like the weight reduction system and a couple other odds and ends, but nothing makes it stand out as it's own submission. So, this is what I'm gonna do. Option A and Option B.

Option A
I'm giving you a chance to make substantial edits to set this suit apart from the MK II/S so that it stands head and shoulders above it. I'll give you plenty of time to do so and, if you need some more time, PM me and lemme know and I'll work with you on the time constraints. If you can't make the edits needed, this will be denied.

Option B
You can ask to archive this and sub add ons and upgrades to the original MK II/S to do the few things it can't normally do. I'll work with you on this as well, just PM me and lemme know. If you don't want to do this and cannot or will not do Option A, this will be denied.

If you want me to help out and work with you, just let me know by PM or on here and I can run you through some stuff to help out. Otherwise, your pick of Option A or B, my friend.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Popo"]

Noah Corek said:
While most of the armor takes things from the Battle Armor MkII/S,the one thing that makes this armor unique is the added thermal couple magnetic system. The system use's the suits power source and the natural heat from the wearers body. The magnetic system allows the pilot to levitate a small margin,thereby alleviating a tremendous amount of weight from the wearer,due to this weight being taken of the wearer,it allows them to increase their strength output ration by a good five percent. This also helps with endurance,speed and reaction time as well,due to the fact that the weight is being taken off of the wearer.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Noah Corek"]
Popo said:
@[member="Noah Corek"]
Okay, here's the deal. I've reviewed this and also dug up the Battle Armor Mk II/S for reference. Long and short, and I'm trying to be nice here, but it's so similar that I have to ask why would anyone want or buy this? The original is, overall, a better design and more capable. This has some nifty stuff to use like the weight reduction system and a couple other odds and ends, but nothing makes it stand out as it's own submission. So, this is what I'm gonna do. Option A and Option B.

Option A
I'm giving you a chance to make substantial edits to set this suit apart from the MK II/S so that it stands head and shoulders above it. I'll give you plenty of time to do so and, if you need some more time, PM me and lemme know and I'll work with you on the time constraints. If you can't make the edits needed, this will be denied.

Option B
You can ask to archive this and sub add ons and upgrades to the original MK II/S to do the few things it can't normally do. I'll work with you on this as well, just PM me and lemme know. If you don't want to do this and cannot or will not do Option A, this will be denied.

If you want me to help out and work with you, just let me know by PM or on here and I can run you through some stuff to help out. Otherwise, your pick of Option A or B, my friend.
Option C is taking it up with an RPJ in the Second Chance thread. I'm a pretty chill dude, but this will be your first, and only, warning on this sub.

I think what he's looking to do is this.

In combination with the standard power cells used to power up the suit, there's a thermal couple system set in place. The excess energy created from the system is channeled into an extra power cell. On top of powering a magnetic system used to levitate the actual armor mere centimeters off and away from the pilot, via a contact suit. This creates a marginal increase in speed, strength and reaction time. To continue with the point of additional ability, assed for ide from the typical servo motors used for attribute increase, the suit has a system of liquid metal fibers used to emulate human muscle structure. Adding additional speed, strength and agility. An atmospherics manipulation system is set in place to control the level of malleability of said liquid fibers. This is helped by the wearer having bio feedback monitors set on either side of their head. This way, the suit reacts more like the operator's body, and not like some piece of clunky hardware. The two systems placed in unison have a secondary function. The outward flow of electro magnetic energy helps create a cushion for the armor that can decelerate slugs as well as blaster bolts. The atmospheric manipulation system used in tandem with the bio monitors can harden the liquid metal muscles to create another layer of protection if need be. Though the draw back of said systems is that the suit is extremely vulnerable to an EMP or ionic attack. There's an on board cutting laser, as well as a flame thrower in the gauntlet. The other gauntlet holds a retractable blade to be used in cqc. As an option to the wearer, the atmospherics and liquid metal used in the suit can be used to create an on board rail attack system. This diminishes the physical attributes of the suit, as the ammunition for the rail driver system is the liquid metal material used to act as a metallic muscle structure.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@D'Orrin
Noted, however the original author of this sub would be required to edit this submission, no one else. Also, this sub was discussed more in depth over PMs as to suggestions and the like between @[member="Noah Corek"] and I.

Also, I was informed that you have recently returned from a LOA, so I'll just give you a friendly heads up that only the subber, the fj, and the approving RPJ or admin are allowed to post in a submission thread. The rule became firm during your time away from what I was told so no worries about it this time. Please refrain from posting in subs that are not yours from now on.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Noah Corek"]
Mkay. First off, my apologies for the long delay here. That was my bad. Been distracted and dropped the ball here.

First thing, the MFTAS system sounds like a combination of infrared and some other visual systems that you already have in place (i.e. thermal, infrared, low-light, etc.). All of those systems that are already in place will let you see through fog, dust, sandstorms, etc. without a specialized and dedicated system. Is the MFTAS system specifically different than all of those are is it just a combination of all of them?

Moving on, the Magnetic lift device. First, while it would slow the blaster rounds the user fires, it would also potentially rupture the magnetic field retaining the blaster bolts themselves which would cause the plasma to dissipate and become completely ineffective. Granted, this would only occur when active, though that hazard is still there. It would limit combat effectiveness while allowing freer range and ease of movement because of this. Also, and please correct me if I'm wrong, from what was discussed over PM, I was under the assumption that the magnetic plate mounted underneath the backpack was to take the place of the magnetic lift system? This would allow the user to reduce weight from their backpacks and to focus the weight on their core body which allows greater ease and speed of movement without a complex magnetic system designed to pull from the armor's power and the user's bodyheat (which is highly variable at the best of times).

Mkay, that's all I got for right now. @ me when done and we'll see where we need to go :)

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Noah Corek"]
Okay, I had the MFTAS explained more in detail to me by a member of Staff so I now fully understand what it is. It's pretty much all those systems in one package which works. Go ahead and go through the first part of the description and remove the thermal and infrared, etc. as the MFTAS covers that entirely and those would be fully redundant and unnecessary.

As for the magnetic levitation, it's not so much whether it's optional or standard, it's more that it makes using anything that requires a magnetic field to fire (ie. blasters, etc.) or anything the user is using that's close enough (ie. blaster crew served weapons, etc.) a Bad Idea. There's a good chance it'll cause the weapon to misfire and by 'misfire' I mean 'blow up real good'. If you want to keep it, alright, but just keep in mind that you'd need to let folks who buy that system know that particular danger.

@ me when done and we'll move right along :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom