Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omega 1 "Zeus' Lightning"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxim+Revin+spaceship+space+cruiser+ship+dropship+warship+armada+design+sci+fi+wallpaper+concept+art.jpg
Intent: This is to be used as defensive unit to protect the Planet Fondor in case of invasion.​
Development Thread:​
Manufacturer: InVal Cybernetics.​
Model: Omega 1 “Zeus’ Lightening”​
Affiliation: Omega Protectorate​
Modularity: None​
Production: Unique​
Material: Durasteel​
Description: The Zeus’ Lightening is a massive tank, planned to be a defensive unit for Fondor. After the Invasion from the LoF, the Protectorate needed a massive defensive unit made to defend the planet. The unit is carried by 10 Chambered Repulsors, and wielding a large armament to deal devastating power. The main cannon is powerful but requires 5 minutes to warm up and cool down. Painted florescent purple and bearing the Omega symbol, the Omega 1 tank also features one turbolaser, three volley launchers and two ground-to-air proton torpedo launchers. Sole purpose of the tank is protecting the planet Fondor.​

Classification: Repulsor-Tank​
Role: Defense Unit​
Height: 25 Meters​
Width: 30 Meters​
Length: 55 Meters​
Weight: 8 Tons​
Power Core Generator/Reactor: x10 Chambered Repulsor Lift Engines​
Top Speed: 45 km/h​
Minimum Crew: 85​
Optimal Crew: 175​
Armaments: x1 Plasma Railgun (Cooldown 5 minutes) Plasma bolts encased in a Magnetic field​
X1 Turbolaser​
X3 Volley Launcher (Tubes of missiles in a line that fire successively) 10 missiles per tube​
X2 Proton Torpedo Launcher [4 torpedoes]​
Hangar: x4 Scout Drones​
Non-Combative Attachments: Sensor Array, Life Support, Long Range Communications Antenna​
Passenger Capacity: One Company​
Cargo Capacity: 1 Metric Ton​
Consumables: One Week​

[member="Nyos Val"]

Ok first I'm going to have to bring up that this vehicle is far too small to have that many weapons and act as such a large carrier transport with a hanger too. So first off you're going to need to make this much larger for it to have so many toys.

Next this unit is just far too powerful to approve without work behind it. Most vehicles at most have a heavy laser cannon attached. You have a turbolaser, 2 Proton Torpedo Launchers, and some other weapons I now have to ask about.

Plasma Railgun: While this is a real thing talked about it, I do not recall any examples of it in canon, at least not on a ground vehicle. You've provided no range for the vehicle at all and specifically for this main gun. How strong is it too? What sort of damage does it do? I get the feeling its supposed to be dangerous though, and since I have no canon basis for it I feel you should have had a dev thread for this technology alone.

Volley Launcher: Is this saying it fires multiple missiles at once? If so how many and what kind?

What I'm going to ask then is for you either

Without a Dev Thread
  • Remove the plasma cannon
  • Remove the turbolaser
  • Increase the size
  • Elaborate on the volley launchers
Or
  • Remove the plasma cannon
  • remove the passenger capacity
  • reduce the crew compliment
  • elaborate on the volley launchers
OR with a Dev Thread
  • Provide a separate dev thread for the plasma cannon and submit to Tech (25+ preferred)
  • Provide a dev thread for the construction of this vehicles (15+ preferred)
  • Enlarge its size to fit its capacity
  • Elaborate on the Volley Launchers and range of weapons

[member="Camellia Swift"] the Hangar is only for scout drones. it's about the size of a storage room. I added a little descriptor for some weapons. and I'm starting the dev threads soon. I'll link them when I get them up so you can see I'm actually working on it.

[member="Nyos Val"]

I don't see the link for it sadly. Also if you mean standard probe droids its very small so I can see it.

Also for dimensions let me give you the right sizes. You're looking at a behemoth of a vehicle if it carries 200 soldiers and has a crew of 100. You're looking at 20-30 meters tall, 30-40 meters wide, and 80 meters long. So basically extend the length and up the width a bit for me if you would. This thing carries more than corvettes like the CR-90 which had a smaller crew than this and was bigger.

[member="Nyos Val"]

This dev thread is by no means adequate for the submission you are attempting to pass. If it is still ongoing it must finish before the submission is considered. You also need to edit it onto the actual submission. In addition I did lay out what was needed to get the vehicle approved overall, and you haven't covered it or even just the cannon.

Please refer back above to my statements for what is required to approve this submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom