Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Olra'en's Eleven - The Teferi Job

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
If you're getting this, I've talked with you, or we have friends in common, friends who assure me that you have a particular set of skills and can be relied upon. The Confederacy stole the largest starship in the galaxy. I plan to steal it back. Meet me at the Mos Eisley Spaceport at the following time.

@Je'gan Olra'en - The Mindfrakker
@[member="Cora Passek"] - The Boom
@[member="Mia Monroe"] - The Bang
@[member="Rosa Mazhar"] - The Doc
@[member="Jorus Merrill"] - The Driver
@[member="Rexus Drath"] - The Guns
@[member="Junko Ike"] - The Screwball
@[member="Moira Skaldi"] - The Iceman
@[member="Cody Weadge"] - The Intel
@[member="Triko"] - The Nuts
@[member="Neskar A'toll"] - The Other Guy
@[member="Jared Ovmar"] - That One Undercover Sith
@[member="Lucien Cordel"] - That Other Undercover Sith

The man with the broad-brimmed hat waited in a corner stall at the Mos Eisley Cantina, nursing a mug of lum. Once people began to arrive, a powerful aura of 'nothing interesting over here' would descend, keeping their meeting secure.

It had been a long time since Mia had set foot on Tatooine. Back when she lived her life raiding tombs and smuggling good for a living. Back before the sith took a bad interest in her people. She came without armor, it was easier to fade into the background without armor, though blaster pistols still remained strapped to her thighs. She was walking through a pool of memories as she stepped through the door, they ran together twisted and confused. Light footsteps carried her to the man with the wide brimmed hat and she slid into a chair adjacent to him. Her own memories were washed away by Velok's as she studied Je'gan, offering him nothing but silent scrutiny as she waited for others to arrive, trying to decide if she could trust him or not.

The message had confused her for a moment... just a moment at least. It wasn't everyday a soldier got asked to come to a heist... Something she couldn't believe was happening. The rumors of the largest ship in the galaxy being handed over before the regime change in the Republic well, they looked to be true which only sparked more interest and had Junko standing in the cockpit of the ship. The path down to the planet and her ids identified her as one of the many refugee's from the worlds that Velok had destroyed. Nothing out of the ordinary while she checked her hair. A curtain spilling over her face while she walked down the ramp and towards the cantina.

Her black bodyglove under the outfit giving her extra height. If that could matter for being so short, her hair going to her ankles while leaving only one eye exposed. The man in the hat had her attention as she remained very quiet. The energy rolling around the bar while she moved and took a seat. Not sure of who else might be coming but this could prove... interesting to say the least.

@[member="Je'gan Olra'en"] - The Mindfrakker
@Cora Passek - The Boom
@Mia Monroe - The Bang
@Rosa Mazhar - The Doc
@Jorus Merrill - The Driver
@[member="Rexus Draith"] - The Guns
@Junko Ike - The Screwball
@Moira Skaldi - The Iceman
@Cody Weadge - The Intel

Rosa Gunn

R
It had taken Rosa a long time to convince herself the responding to the message was a good idea. On the one hand, she had taken an oath never to take sides. On the other hand, the Conclave needed friends, people they could call on in a time of need. Perhaps this was a way for her to do just that, but when she stepped through the door and settled her eyes on Je'gan Olra'en she felt like she had been punched in the chest. Walking timidly towards him, Darron's memories flooded her mind and she stopped at the table's head, pale faced and looking like a rabbit caught in headlight.

"Hello Je'gan." she said softly, the Liberator next to him almost invisible to her.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"Hello, Rosa," he said quietly, glancing around the table. "This is Mia Monroe, formerly Mandalore the Liberator -- and this is Junko Ike. She works with me. The rest should be along shortly. I want to keep this meeting as quick as possible. Suffice it to say, we're stealing the Shepherd before the Confederacy bastardizes it."

A fearsome shadow spilled out across the dusty streets of Mos Eisley, great thick clouds of sand swirling around the legs of a gigantic white bantha as it strode through the streets; onlookers stepped back in confusion as it passed by, children ran for their mothers and gonk droids gonked ominously. Atop this monstrous beast sat a lone Jawa, his poncho flapping in the wind and his glowing golden eyes surveying the familiar scene as he trotted towards the infamous cantina. With every thunderous step of the titan, Triko's armoury of guns clattered and clanked, grenades rattling on rancor-leather bandoliers and pistols bobbing about in krayt-dragon hide holsters.

As the creature loomed four meters high above the cantina, the Jawa was the biggest man in the galaxy.

In a swift motion, he slinked from his saddle of matching rancor-hide and strode into the cantina; even without his bantha, his shadow stood taller than any man there. There was no time to be wasted, and so Triko swiftly marched across the room and slid onto the seat beside the man with the wide-brimmed hat.

Looking up with his piercing golden stare, he opened his mouth, though it was masked in shadow, and spoke.

"You have nice hat."

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa snapped herself out of her stupor and cleared her throat, offering small smiles of greetings as she slipped into a seat. "Pleasure to meet you all."

@Je'gan Olra'en, @[member="Rosa Mazhar"], @[member="Mia Monroe"], @[member="Triko"], @Juno Ike

Tatooine, not a world Moira had visited in a long time. Rescuing the doubtlessly oppressed slaves there in a noble crusade was more a Kerrigan thing to do - well, at least if the slaves were female! She came dressed in nondescript clothes as a spacer, weapons concealed but sufficient to make her presence felt. Feather light, almost silent footsteps, carried her to the agreed upon meeting point, cold blue eyes scrutinising the man in the broad-rimmed hat - Je'gan, former Grand Master, off the grid now. A man of whom Moira had been hearing a great deal. Having Velok as an acquaintance in the past paid off, which made his demise even more unfortunate. Some of the low-life in the bar shot her glances as she approached, but then immediately turned away and averted their eyes. Suffice to say she had a certain degree of street creed in the underworld.

One did not call her the Butcher of Contruum for nothing - Kerrigan might have surpassed her body count by far, but she had no ambition and no sense of artistry. Of course, Moira had heard about the Shepherd being cravenly handed over to the Confederacy after the Second Contruum Incident - the machine might not have a heart anymore, but it always pleased her when her old stomping ground hit the news. Maelion could be trusted to run Archangel efficiently in her absence - she was just like Moira after all -, they were slowly getting closer to their real objectives.

"I am sure," she said very dryly, her voice an unemotional deadpan. She tilted her head to the side, a motion seemingly always common to her, as a human or machine, as took in the gang that had been assembled. Concealed disruptor pistol, a knuckleplate vibroblade buried inside her gauntlet, a boltgun loaded with buckshot on her hip. Once a symbol of Omegan power, with the Protectorate a bloated shell of its former self it the weapon would be increasingly spreading across the stars, a process she would aid. Her ID papers would identify her as an itinerant mercenary, ironically enough harkening back to the origins of the Pyre. Thing about Mos Eisley was that people were smart not to ask too many questions if you tossed them a credit chit and gave them a 'don't mess with me if you know what's good for you' vibe.

Lucien had been surprised and disappointed to receive a transcription of a message from a Man of notability. He was being asked to join a heist. A heist he intended to involve himself in, sadly that meant the bearer of the message had to be made to forget. Lucien rose and gestured to the chair that sat in front of his desk "You have done well, sit" He spoke his tone pleasant but his delivery made it clear that this was an order. The messenger sat, then Lucien sat. Moments later the messenger suffered a nose bleed and lost consciousness.

Lucien arrived a minute or so after the given time having hid his force signature. He still dressed and walked like the proud lord he was but for once he was completely without his retainers, in fact he had even flown his own ship to this meeting. He walked over to the bar "Something good from the top shelf and make it fast" He ordered drumming his finger on the bar top. A few moments later a glass of Scotch was placed in front of him he snatched it up and dropped credits onto the bar. He strolled over to the booth "You rang My Lord" He stated to the Jedi, the man had clearly gone to some effort. He glanced over the assembled group some he knew of others he did not.
@Je'gan Olra'en, @Rosa Mazhar, @Mia Monroe, @Triko, @Juno Ike @[member="Moira Skaldi"]

Junko looked up more when she heard her name and gave a nod of her head. She didn't actually work with the man this was the first time but why countermand such a statement. They needed to show a united front. Loyalty was a big thing and she would have it unless the ship he was going after he was going to take away from the empire. Then she would... Hell if she knew the idea of fighting him was not enjoyable as. Fairly certain a blaster wouldn't do it or a clip, but if you couldn't kill someone within seven shots you weren't going to do it with more. Her gaze took in the three women who had arrived the three of whom screamed badass. The jawa that appeared was interesting as was the man who stood there. Her eyebrow raised under the curtain of her hair to his words as she spoke with a soft voice. "Welcome."

@Je'gan Olra'en - The Mindfrakker
@Cora Passek - The Boom
@Mia Monroe - The Bang
@Rosa Mazhar - The Doc
@Jorus Merrill - The Driver
@[member="Rexus Drath"] - The Guns
@Junko Ike - The Screwball
@Moira Skaldi - The Iceman
@Cody Weadge - The Intel
@[member="Lucien Cordel"] - The Gentleman
@[member="Triko"] - The Jawa, the myth, the sexy

Rexus Drath

Aaahhhh Tatooine! A place of wonders! Sand, deadly raiders, little freaky yellow eye people.... More sand? Um did I say sand? Yeah this place sucked, like a lot. Among the outskirts of the dirtball of a city a sleek black speeder was driving into town, it was playing some form of music if you could call it that. The bass boomed on it's sound system pretty much drowning out any form of what might be playing. It was rather obnoxious even, but the man inside was here for business. When the boss calls you answer, cause if you don't he'll make you think your a pretty princess and come to work in a ball gown. Rex had seen it before, you know Johnson from accounting? Exactly.

Pulling up to the cantina the speeder stopped and continued to shake and vibrate the car with its sheer bass. After a bit it powered down and the "music" ceased. The door opened and a fog of smoke exited the speeder first. Stepping out was Rexus Drath, imperial Inquistor who had a taste for the bad things in life. "Where the hell am I the devil's anus? Glob damn!" stepping out and into the cantina Rexus saw everyone gathering over with the shadow master though one thing stuck out more than normal. Looking up at the giant jawa "The hell are they feeding you?!" he said before turning over to go see the boss. @Je'gan Olra'en

Although it was truly magnificent, the jawa turned his head away from Je'gan's hat, cool as it was, and nodded to the woman. "Triko greet you too." Had his mouth been visible, he would have been smiling. Looking to the man who'd just arrived, he too nodded.

(OOC: Rexus, I believe you should re-read my post; Triko is not in fact gigantic :p)

Jorus slouched into the booth. "Half of you are my friends and half are probably my enemies," he said without preamble, "but if there's one thing we can all agree on, it's the CIS." He raised his mug of lum in an eloquent toast: "May the Feds go feth themselves and the high horse they rode in on."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
A powerful aura of don't-mind-us-we're-nothing-important settled over the booth, shielding it from prying eyes. Je'gan took a long look around and settled his hat on the table, revealing the face of the former Jedi Grandmaster, now conspicuous by his absence from the Order. Few if any knew he was a traitor, but that couldn't last. Not that it was hugely relevant here.

"Let me go around the room. Call me Je'gan, or Master Olra'en -- I don't care which. I'm the one with the plan. Sell us out and I'll wipe your mind, but I seriously doubt that'll be necessary. All of us have a grudge against the CIS, or a desire to see justice done in one way or another, or just a desire to actualize the best heist in history. Here we have @[member="Mia Monroe"], formerly Mandalore the Liberator. She's one of our hitters, and I hear she's good with a sonic screwdriver. @[member="Rosa Mazhar"] is our team healer, good in a fight too. This is Jorus Q. Merrill, the finest getaway driver in the 'verse. These are Rexus and Junko -- they work with me. This is @[member="Moira Skaldi"], the Butcher of Contruum, another hitter and a techhead too." He indicated @[member="Cody Weadge"] with a flick of his head. "This man's name, even I don't know, but I've seen his work and we share friends. This is @[member="Triko"], Jawa bounty hunter and mercenary, one of our demolitions experts. The other one, @[member="Cora Passek"], should be along soon." He indicated @[member="Lucien Cordel"]. "And this fellow will probably gut me if I name him without his consent. Suffice it to say, I and everyone else in this room would call him an enemy, except for his incredible sense of politesse, class, and the importance of the Confederacy's humiliation. Another of his associates, and a few more of mine, will be along soon."

A little holoprojector flared to life, and a space city rotated over the table. "This was the Teferi-class Star Defender Shepherd, the Jedi flagship. It was extorted from the Order by the Confederacy, and they've renamed it the Dooku-class starship Tranquility after some minor and pointless modifications. We're going to steal it. I have a final destination in mind for the ship, and you will all be paid ludicrous amounts of money.

"The basic plan is simple and even obvious: Force an evacuation. To that end, we have tech heads, demolitions experts, and me. I'm what you might call an apostate Fallanassi matron of the male persuasion. With me on the job, alarms and shiny but harmless explosions will strike ludicrous amounts of fear into whatever Confederate personnel are aboard the ship.

"Our first task is to find the ship, but I've got a report on the way that'll give all of you a good idea of where the ship is. We'll make the approach on my stealth ship, the Oneiromancer, with Merrill here at the helm and me providing Force cover so we're not detected by the Templars. Once we board, do what you do best. We do want to steal the ship, but if all else fails, I'll give the order to scuttle it -- the old 'on my signal, unleash hell' sort of operation.

"One other thing. Templars train children. No children get hurt or killed. Anyone and everyone else left aboard that ship after our fake evacuation, I want them dead or stuffed in escape pods, if they somehow manage to not evacuate with the rest.

"Questions?"

Junko raised her hand as she looked at them. "Do we have stunners or knock out gas in case they decide to send the children? From what happened on Atrisia they don't have regard for life, putting a boy in front of us with a thermal detonator might not be out of the question."

People knowing her name was something to be expected considering her former position on Manda'yaim, still, she shifted uncomfortably when Je'gan introduced her to Rosa, finally dropping her studious gaze she grumbled "Mia would have done." Shifting her attention to each of the new comers, her eyes narrowed as Lucien joined them. She could feel the darkside coming from him. Her hands had shifted to the guns at her thighs as fury blazed in her dark eyes. When Je'gan offered no rebuke, or attempt to send him away, Mia's scowl deepend.

Whatever she was thinking of doing, she was distracted by Jorus's arrival. Hands moved from her pistols and she inclined her head. Placing her hands on the table, her fingers drumming lightly clearly uncomfortable with a sith in such close quarters. As Je'gan introduced the room, Mia offered each person a polite nod of greeting, Moira and Jorus were lucky enough to recieve a smile. When He came to Lucien Mia's smile became cold. "I know who he is." she spoke softly. She glowered at him for a moment or two more before paying attention to the holoprojector. Junko's query made her nose wrinkle in disgust. Templars were almost as bad as sith.

"How do you plan to get us on it?"

@Je'gan Olra'en, @[member="Mia Monroe"], @Juno Ike

Moira watched impassive as the former Grand Master elaborated on the great heist. 'Battle for Democracy' had run a feature on him, branding him a traitor. Moira found the conspiracy theories propagated by that show most amusing, and thoroughly appreciated their efforts to further drive the Republic into warmongering and jingoism - the Galaxy had been far too peaceful and boring in the past. Cold blue eyes scanned the little group, noting each member in turn. She had beaten @[member="Lucien Cordel"] way back when the Rebels had raided a Fringe laboratory, but the assassin droid was flexible. After all, these days she and Rave Merrill were something like business partners.

Her impassive, stoic features softened just a little bit when Cora was mentioned. She was one of the very few organics Moira did not feel an urge to immediately process. She would leave her to the last, after she got to see the mechanical utopia that the Age of Steel would create. No one should doubt that there were times when even Moira could be nice. If it succeeded it would be an impressive heist, equally simply blowing up the ship would be worth it and the money acquired as payment for participation would be a significant boon to Archangel Research and Design, going into expanding their facilities and the capabilities of the processing device.

"They are certainly wasteful," she commented indifferently when it came to the CIS. Dropping your own capital ships sounded a bit like squandering resources. Of course, if it had worked the devastation would have been...impressive and beautiful to behold. As it was the manoeuvre had backfired terribly upon them, which from Moira's point of view was satisfying as well. "Unleash gas through the vents. CIS droid emphasis suggests strong machine contingent on the vessel; I have hacking capabilities." The former Grand Master's insistence on no children being killed was, as was to be expected, terribly moralistic, but most organics had these squeamish hang-ups. She doubted that Butcher Kerrigan would have hesitated though.

Lucien smiled a little as Je'gan introduced him "You do me wrong Master Olra'en, I would not Gut you blood doesn't easily wash from fine clothing, especially blood from one such as yourself, I am Lucien Cordel " He gave a curt nod then pulled over a chair. He smiled at the fallen Mandalore "I know you also" She despised him, perhaps even with good reason he had once served the emperor that smashed the madalorian home planet. He looked over the hologram. He had never been part of a heist and the thought of joining one was invigorating.

Triko liked the plan.

"Hatman, do explosions need be small and shiny?" He raised an invisible eyebrow. "Why no big shiny explosions?" He grinned. He wasn't exactly sure why he was here, come to think of it. It'd just been a case of him liking Hatman's hat, and sitting next to him. Now he was in for an elaborate scheme for something-or-other to help some organization-or-other in order to get money. There were no complaints on his end, but nonetheless he wasn't quite sure why on earth he was involved.

"Also, where Hatman get hat?"

Cora of all places and times to be late was now. But at least she had a good reasons as she wiped her favorite dagger clean from the dripping blood, though somehow in the tangle from the hunter all that she'd received was a blackened eye and a bruised set of ribs, hardly the worst she'd ever gotten. The hunter on the other hand.... was not so lucky. Well he isn't getting up anytime soon ... She was quick to dispose of the body, and clean any blood away.

Dagger safely tucked back into it's spot along her thigh, she raced on through the streets to the meeting place. "Sorry I'm late, little distraction along the way." Moira was certain to know Cora well enough that distraction just meant one more tussle with another hunter who greatly annoyed her. It hindered her progress of late, and part of her had an urge to square with it, just to stop wasting the time of day.

Dusting her sleeve she glanced around the table, looking at the group. "So where were we?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom