Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Wounds

Anora had spent the time alone getting herself cleaned back up properly. There were a couple of scrapes that had needed tended to, and the droid had decided that those, and her headache were worth the time to take care of. Fine by her, and it had meant she didn't have to spend the time in silence, or typically alone for that matter. She had even abandoned the robe she had been wearing, since it would need to be cleaned now, and the rest of her attire had remained mostly clean thanks to the outer layer.

When she and the droid were no longer alone, one of Anora's brows lofted and she got up from where she had been sitting to follow after him. "Double cross you?" She took a seat once she found one so that she could get strapped in. "That's some friend you have."

Tyran Numeck

Mandalorian Supercommando
"Well a Hutt can't ever really be your friend." Tyran said without looking at her as he fired up the nav computer and plotted a course out of the system. "It's not uncommon for Hutts to hire someone to get information on their target then they send one of their goons to the area first so they don't have to pay the bounty hunter for the job. Before you ask, no I didn't tell him the location of your parents, but I'm pretty sure we're going to have a tail."

His solution to this problem was to make a series of random hyperpsace jumps before altering course towards Denton. It was going to extend their journey by a few hours but it beat having some lackey take his contract. "Strap into the co-pilot chair and watch the tactical screen, let me know if you see anyone following our trajectory."

Oh perfect, just perfect. Anora huffed out a sigh and shook her head. What was it with bounty hunters and Hutts? She didn't of course ask that question out loud, because she wasn't an idiot. She knew the literal answer, after all.

When he spoke up about her moving seats however, she snapped out of her little thought reverie and got up so that she could move. She took the co-pilots seat, and took the time to strap herself in before she looked the whole set up over. Up until this point, she had never been this close to the controls of a ship - any ship, and despite the situation she took that moment to just be impressed.

But her attention eventually shifted to the tactical screen she was supposed to be watching, and she took a slow, steadying breath in through her nose and exhaled it just the same. Man, when she stepped in something, she didn't ever do it half assed, did she?

[member="Tyran Numeck"]

Tyran Numeck

He looked over at her with a raised eyebrow, not that she could see it behind his helmet, "Why so tense? This is fairly standard stuff." He said casually. It said a lot that he was pretty calm in the face of getting stabbed in the back by his employer, but that was the bounty business. "I'm going to take us on an route out of the system that isn't a standard route. Anything that heads in the same direction is probably our not so friendly shadow."

"Well, I mean I could give you a list...." Anora answered him, her tone a bit droll even. "But I really don't think you need it." she added.

Yes she was tense, she had, had one hell of a day! And while this may be all standard for him? Standard for her was workouts and training in the temple. There was nothing about any of this that was standard for her. Not a wit.

"Alright," she shifted in her seat as much as the harness would let her, and while she had the moment to not stare the monitor down, she shift her gaze to watch him occasionally instead.

Tyran Numeck

He did as he said he was going to do and altered the ships course and increased the speed, ignoring the wailing of the traffic control over the comlink. He shut it off to be rid of the annoyance. No he didn't need a list of why she was tense. He figured for a Jedi she'd have more experience in this kind of thing, there wasn't a Jedi Knight around that didn't drag their padawan into some kind of high speed chase or life threatening situation.

He punched in the coordinates for his first hyperspace jump into the nav computer. "Anything on the tactical dispaly?" He asked her calmly as he flipped a few switches and waited for the hyperdrive to warm up.

She had been on missions, true enough, but that wasn't what had her all tensed up. Not that she knew he was thinking about things like that anyhow. So for the time, she alternated her focus between what was going on around her, and the screen in front of her.

So when he questioned her, her gaze drifted to the screen and she studied it for a long moment before her head shook. "No, nothing yet." One thing she did know about flying and being in situations like this? Nothing going on could change in an instant.

Tyran Numeck

The fact that there wasn't anyone falling them yet was curious, maybe Tyran was just becoming paranoid, then again maybe he wasn't. He flipped a few more switches on the console in front of him and looked at one of the displays. "There's something on our hull." He said with a huff. "Must have put a tracker on us in the spaceport." He drummed his fingers on the armrest of the pilot's chair for a few seconds. "Alright we'll lay a false trail for them then. Plot in a course for Ylesia, it's at the edge of Hutt Space. We'll remove the tracker and plant it on some other ship for them to chase."

When he said there was something on the hull, Anora frowned and shifted around so that she could look and try to see what he was talking about. "Alright..." Clearly she still had a lot to learn, but one thing she was at least good at? Following orders ad instructions.

"Do you think we'll have trouble with taking it off?" Not with the tracker itself, but there was no telling who was watching, or if the tracker was just one of many ways they were being followed.

Tyran Numeck

Tyran shook his head. "No, tracker's can't relay images through hyperspace just signals." He said to her. "When we reemerge from hyperspace it'll ping whoever is tracking the device and give them our coordinates. Whoever put it on the hull didn't have a whole lot of time to do it either so it shouldn't be too hard to remove."

This was all pretty standard stuff and he was shocked that she didn't know it. It was almost like this was her first time really even being in the cockpit of a spacecraft. "Just how long have you been a Jedi?" He asked her as he started a scan to find the exact location of the tracker on the hull.

She rolled her eyes, she knew how trackers worked. That hadn't been exactly what she meant, but she would take it.

However, somehow she knew the question that followed was going to crop up eventually. She sighed through her nose, adjusting her shoulders as she shifted in her seat some. "Why is that relevant?" she asked in return.

She scoffed at him, "I've been in the cockpit of more than one ship, thank you." she stated. However, she wasn't usually in control of anything, or sitting in the co-pilots seat. It was usually from just being taken from one place to another.

"Seems to me like you did plenty of research on my parents, but didn't bother to stop and take the time to figure out what you were getting into by taking the extra step of coming after me." she let out with a lofty shoulder shrug.

Tyran Numeck

"Thieves and killers have a lot more information out in the world than the Jedi do." He said. "I know how to get information on other people who share my line of work, but Jedi personnel files? Not so easy. All I was able to get on you was your name, at that you were in training and currently on Kashyyyk."

If she were being one hundred percent honest, Anora was actually glad it was her he had found instead of her sister. Eenia was fragile, and she never would have survived something like this. Although, her litter sister had a connection with the Force that Anora didn't understand. Bad physicality, but damn if the older sister didn't envy that connection.

Maybe Nia would have gotten away.

Her head shook a bit and she sighed, "You know, you're asking a lot of questions for someone who apparently has no name." she stated with a huff.

Tyran Numeck

"Do I need a name to ask questions?" he asked her. "Wasn't aware that was a requirement these days." Tyran much preferred that she never know his name, it lowered the risk of her telling her Jedi minders and then having a bunch of them come after him. Then again he could always just return to Mandalore, there wasn't no way the Jedi would be able to get him there if they decided they wanted to get justice for their captured Padawan. "Name's Tyran, if you need to know."

'It wasn't that I needed to- oh never mind." Clearly there was no point in attempting to be anything more than a convenience in this situation. Though that raised the question of what was going to happen to her when she was no longer needed? Anora frowned a little at that thought. A sigh left her lips and she dropped her head back against the support of the chair.

Tyran Numeck

Tyran dropped them out of hyperspace and then entered a new course for Ylesia and made a second jump. He stood up and stretched and then put the ship on autopilot. "So what's your plan when we get to your parents? Confront them and hope that they prove to you that I'm lying or something like that?" He asked her as he moved to the back of the ship and removed his helmet.

If that was her plan then he didn't foresee it going very well for her. He still had the problem of what to do with her when he'd completed his mission, she hadn't really done anything to cross him or that made her a threat. The only issue he could see her creating is stoking some flames in the Silver Jedi Order. It wasn't a massive issue but it certainly wasn't something to just gloss over either.

The chair Anora was sat in was swiveled as far as it would go, and she shook her head. "No," she answered him, and there was no bite in her tone surprisingly. "I want them to explain it to me. I want to hear them try to debunk the evidence. And I want them to look me in the eye while they do it."

She sighed and ran her hands through her hair, and then gripped the locks enough to pull her head back with a groan. It was going to be hell, she already knew it, and she had no idea what she was going to do either way. There was a rage she felt at thinking about being lied to her whole life - hell that her life was a lie for that matter! But she did her best to quell it quickly.

Tyran Numeck

"When you find out they're lying and that I'm being truthful then what are you going to do?" He said to her. "Just turning your back and letting the mercenary take your parents, to what is surely going to be a painful and messy end, doesn't really seem like something that fits within the Jedi rule book."

That's why he was glad he didn't have to live by a fixed set of ideals. He had his personal code of honor, all Mandalorians did and had limits to how far they would go, but at least at the end of the day he wasn't worrying about what the consequences for his actions would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom