Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Wounds

More than once on the trek to the spaceport Anora had tried to come to, and more than once all she managed was a groan, or something incoherent mumbled out before she was out again. Even the transition from outside to in, and then into a ship didn't seem to be enough to pull her out of it for any given length of time.

No, it wasn't until they were already well on their way that the brunette started to sit up, thought better of it, and groaned with much more conviction as she attempted to raise a hand and touch the back of her head. "Low blow..." she grumbled out, though she was very clearly still trying to pull herself from the fog being clocked in the back of the head had put her in.

[member="Tyran Numeck"]

Tyran Numeck

Mandalorian Supercommando
Hyperspace, en route to Nal Hutta

Tyran had his feet up on the console of his ship and was watching the stars stretched out before him through the viewport as his ship traveled through hyper space. The small monitor screen he had linked to a camera overlooking the small cell he'd set up in the cargo hold was to his right and he glanced over at it every now and then to see if she was coming around. When he saw her start to rise up off the cot he groaned and pulled himself out of his pilots chair and made his way down to the cargo hold. He scratched the scruff on his chin as he approached the cell. "Jaate Vaar'tur Jetii." He said to her, then paused. "Morning Jedi."

He pulled a chair across the durasteel floor and sat down in front of the cell. "You ready to talk yet? We're only a few hours from Nal Hutta and my employer won't be nearly as accommodating as I have been."

[member="Anora Vahn"]

It took a bit of effort to not only get her eyes to open, but to get them to focus as well. First it was one, then the other, and both closed again as Anora grumbled to herself. Hell she wasn't even sure at that point if she was actually saying words, she just knew that her head hurt, a lot. A fact that only seemed to get worse when she was suddenly not alone anymore. She didn't even look up when this nerf herder pulled up a chair.

"Talk?" she frowned, and while it was supposed to be at him, she still couldn't quite lift her head enough, or open her eyes enough to pull it off. "I don't even know what you want." she groused, finally a little conviction in her tone, though she made an uncomfortable noise from it afterwards.

[member="Tyran Numeck"]

Tyran Numeck

Tyran huffed and extended his palm to her with a small holo-emitter and projected a small image of her parents, the images were old and showed the relatively young images of the pair. "Roland and Taleria Vahn, these are your parents yes?" He asked her firmly. "They're wanted thieves and killers and stole a lot of money from my employer. It's since been discovered they aren't dead but alive and well but no one knows where they are, just that they have two daughters who are in training to become Jedi." He said shutting off the emitter and standing up. "If you don't tell me where they are then you'll me no choice but to find you sister and get the information from her."

Anora Vahn

It took a hell of a lot more effort to focus than Anora would have liked to admit. Understandable of course, but that didn't make her like it anymore or less. But her gaze found the images of her parents - her young parents, and she squint for a long time at it. The entire time it was present, really, and she at first didn't even hear what had been said to her.

But once it all caught up with her, she lifted her gaze from where the little image of her parents had been to her captor's face, and she let out a single, loud laugh. "You think my parents did what?" She laughed again, and then again until it could be consider a small case of giggles. "Do you even know who my parents are?" she questioned him between her small bought of hysterics. "I think you have your wires seriously crossed somewhere. My parents are the epitome of boring, nothing exciting ever happens to them, and they sure as hell aren't killers and thieves."

[member="Tyran Numeck"]

Tyran Numeck

"Do you really think I would be going to all this trouble if I wasn't absolutely certain your parents are the right people?" He said deadpan. "I don't know what they told you but Roland Vahn has killed more people than I have and your mother as stolen so much from the rich and famous that damn near every Hutt in the galaxy shivers at the sound of her name." He opened a small hatch in the door and slid her a datapad that had all the information on the crimes that her parents were confirmed suspects or persons of interest in. Some even had photographic proof of their involvement.

"Sorry Jedi but your parents are as squeaky clean as you think they are." He started walking away. "You go ahead and look through all that, let me know when you're ready to talk."

She frowned at him now. Her head was still throbbing, but she was at least capable of following the conversation as it happened now. When he spoke about her folks, Anora shook her head, clearly not willing to believe what was being said to her. When the data pad was slid into the cell, she stared at it for a very long time. Long enough that he had gotten up and walked away before she finally reached out and picked it up.

Despite her better judgement, Anora took the time to read through the first bit of information that was present. This didn't help her believe either way any more clearly, so she kept reading. One story lead to another, and another until she was re-reading things she had already read before. There was no shock on her face, just a solid and very deep frown.

"Hey," she finally called out, without looking up from the data pad even still, but that was all she let out for the moment.

[member="Tyran Numeck"]

Tyran Numeck

Tyran went and fixed himself a snack while he waited for her to make her choice. He had some spicy Corellian noodles in front of him when he heard her call out to him. He leisurely made his way back over to her and stood a good distance away from the cell. "Ready to talk?" He said around a mouthful of noodles.

A slow, heavy sigh left the brunette, "On one condition." Yes, she was aware that she wasn't in the position to make deals, but in this moment? Anora's gaze lifted, just her gaze, not her head, and it gave her a fairly sinister look about her as she gazed up at him. "I want to go with you." she told him. "And not just stuck here in this cage." she clarified. He could restrain her, nullify her connection with the Force, whatever, she didn't care.

[member="Tyran Numeck"]

Tyran Numeck

Tyran chewed on his noodles as he contemplated the terms she gave him. He wasn't obligated to any of them but he also didn't exactly have a lot of time to waste either. The thing was he couldn't tell if she was lying or not. "If I let you out of this cage and you cause any kind of trouble I'm going to dump you out of the airlock." He wasn't lying either. "I'll let you out, but first I want to know why you want to come along with me?"

A loud scoff left Anora's lips, "I don't even care if you keep me in the damned cell until we get there," she told him. That was how badly she needed to do this. "I have to hear it from them." she answered him, lifting her chin now to square her gaze. "I want them to look me in the eye and tell me it's not true, and then?" She lifted the data pad and waved it at him. "I want them to explain this to me. I want to see it in their eyes as they try to cover this, like they have done, my entire life."

[member="Tyran Numeck"]

Tyran Numeck

He looked at her for a long moment and then finally nodded. Tyran reached out and punched the code into the magnetic lock and the door flew open. "The Ysalamir's effects are strong enough to cover the entire ship so I'm not worried about you using some Jedi Force poodoo on me. If you're hungry there's food back there, help yourself. I'll be in the cockpit when you're ready to tell me where we're headed." He said as he took his noodles and headed back towards his pilot's seat.

Admittedly? It surprised Anora when he put the code in for the door to open. She sat still for a moment, almost as if she were waiting for some catch, some trick, anything. So when he got up and walked away, her brow creased and she was a little confused. But she stood - and then hesitated and touched her head before attempting to stand much more slowly. Now that she was at least a little more calm, the headache was back.

But she ended up leaving the cell and following after him. She wasn't hungry, not right now at least. There was too much going on in her head, plus the headache on top of it all. So when she reached the cockpit, she stood somewhat behind him and gave him the coordinates of where they were going to need to go.

[member="Tyran Numeck"]

Tyran Numeck

The coordinates she gave him led to Denon. That was a considerable distance further than what he had planned. "We'll have to stop at Nal Hutta to get some supplies first." He said to her. He could see that she was feeling the after effects of his headbutt still. "There's a med droid in the back, he might have something to help you out. Be careful though HB-1 is....well he's feisty and let's leave it at that." The droid had been around his family for as long as he could remember and in Tyran's mind the damn thing had a few wires crossed, but he couldn't bring himself to get rid of the old rust bucket.

He looked at the navscreen. "We should be at Nal Hutta in an hour or so. Shouldn't take too long to get the supplies for the trip and head out again." He said to her. "So get yourself cleaned up, you look like you've been wrestling in the dirt."

Anora's brow creased, and she glanced behind herself as if she could see the droid right away. She wasn't really used to dealing with droids, but she wasn't completely opposed to the idea if this headache of hers didn't go away.

"It is going to be...okay for me, there?" she asked, proving she was at least keeping up with the conversation. But she was a Jedi padawan, currently in the company of a bounty hunter who had kidnapped her, and now they were heading to a place that was, well...far from her normal. Though really, Anora's normal didn't even feel normal now.

So, she waved a hand and shook her head just slightly. "Never mind." she let out. "Though you know, maybe if I hadn't been tackled by a neanderthal, I wouldn't need to be pointed in the direction of a place to clean up."

[member="Tyran Numeck"]

Tyran Numeck

He shrugged. "Well tapping you on the shoulder and asking 'Hey mind if I kidnap you and lock you in a cage until you tell me where your parents are?' probably wouldn't have worked." he said without looking at her. "When we get to Nal Hutta you're to stay on the ship. You won't stand a chance out there with the kind of people that lurk around that seedy place." No it wasn't a place for a padawan to be and she still had some use to him. If he couldn't get the father and mother then one of the daughters would do as a decent second place prize instead.

"You could have tried asking nicely." she pointed out to him. "Instead of diving straight into threats and ultimatums."

When he spoke up about Nal Hutta, she raised her hands and made a slight face. "Fine by me." Personally Anora didn't want to deal with anyone else unfavorable. It was bad enough that she was already in this predicament and had made a deal with the guy to boot.

Just more strikes against her parents, and she had plenty of time to sit and stew about it, it seemed.

[member="Tyran Numeck"]

Tyran Numeck

"You obviously haven't dealt with Mandalorians a whole lot." He said. "We don't ask nicely and threats and ultimatums are kind our trademark." At least to the outside world anyway. Their culture was deep and sophisticated beyond what most people in the galaxy knew. Once he was alone in the cockpit he brought them out of hyperspace and the ugly sphere of Nal Hutta boomed into view. He had a quick chat with the traffic controller and found himself a birth in the spaceport. He set the ship to autopilot and made his way to the back.

He grabbed his weapons and attached them to his armor. Even he didn't care much for Nal Hutta but it was one of the best places for people like him to find work. "Shouldn't take more than half an hour to get everything we'll need for the trip." He told her once they'd landed and were docked in the spaceport. "I've locked down the ship so you can't just take off and strand me on this backwater. If you get lonely, talk to HB-1. He'll be more than happy to engage you in conversation." He said as he hit the button for the ramp and left the ship.

By the time he had come around to get himself ready to step off the ship and onto the planet, Anora had already gotten herself at least mostly cleaned up. Yet she had the time to stop and roll her eyes at him. "I'm not going to try and run off with your ship. I do have this sense of honor, you know, and we made a deal."

She glanced to the droid when it was brought up again, and she sighed heavily. And true to her word? When the ship opened up and the ramp was extended, she didn't attempt to bolt or anything else. The brunette just sat and watched until she was closed in again, then her gaze drifted back to the droid.

[member="Tyran Numeck"]

Tyran Numeck

Before making his way to the market to get the supplies he had to pay a visit to his employer. One of the many Hutts that operated on the planet, Gruda wasn't by any means a big fish in the criminal network, he mostly dealt in stolen gems and high end jewelry. Gruda'd been relieved of a very pricey set of Kuati Diamonds by Anora's mother, diamonds that he'd procured from the royal family in a less than honorable manner. Now he believed that Anora's father had helped her in that theft. Tyran figured he should update him on the job. He walked into the smoke filled cantina that Gruda did business out of. "Gruda," he said with a nod. "Found the Jedi, she gave up her parent's location. It's gonna take me a few days to get over there but you'll have your prize soon enough." He told the Hutt.

"Where are the Vahns?" The Hutt asked. "I'm curious as to where they've been hiding all these years."

Tyran laughed. "Come on, you think I'm actually going to tell you so you can have one of your goons try to beat me out there and do the job for free." He shook his head. "You should know me better than that by now Gruda."

The Hutt gave his equivalent of a shrug. "You haven't let me down yet Tyran, but you know in this business it's always good to have back up plans, I mean what if Roland Vahn should best you?"

"Not gonna happen." The Mandalorian said proudly. "I've handled far worse than an aging mercenary."

"We shall see Mandalorian." He gave Tyran a wave of dismissal and Tyran turned and left the cantina with a noticeable amount of eyes on him. Tyran made his way into the market and went to the usual stall where he got his supplies. The Toydarian dealer tired to talk him into buying some second rate blasters that weren't worth a tenth of the price he was asking. "Well you can't blame me for trying eh?" The old, overweight Toydarian said with a shrug of his tiny shoulders and the rapid fluttering of his wings.

"Next time just try it with a bit more impressive merchandise." Tyran said smirking behind his helmet visor. He grabbed the crate of supplies and returned to his ship quickly. He sprinted up the ramp and set the box of supplies down in the cargo area before running past Anora. "You're going to want to strap yourself in, I'm pretty sure Garuda is going to try and double cross me." He said as he dropped into the pilot seat and fired up the engines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom