Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Old, New, Borrowed, Blue

Amani smiled, "Wouldn't have it any other way."

Mebita found Valery's reply agreeable, offering a pleasant grin of her own, <That is good. You are a good friend, Valery. We Mirialans takes the bonds of kith and kin quite seriously.> There was a firmness to her otherwise amiable tone that confirmed as much. Communal ties were deeply rooted in Mirialan culture, and the neighborly familiarity with which the surrounding villagers seemed to treat one another only further proved it. <I hope you enjoy your stay. I'm afraid there's no festivals on the horizon like when the Alicio boy was here, but I'm sure we'll be celebrating the marriage soon enough.>

Amani blinked, <You will? We will?>

Mebita shot her a sly smirk, but didn't answer her question directly, <We're here! Come in.>

One of the larger huts now stood in front of them: A circular building draped in bleached hides, and a few patches of leftover snow atop the roof. Mebita opened the creaky wooden door, and pushed past a pair of leather curtains that helped to further buffer against tundra winds, revealing the interior, which stored a great many fabrics and hanging clothes. The old woman cleared her throat, and with surprising strength to her voice, called out <Izel! You have a guest. Very important guest!>

After a moment, another curtain at the opposite end of the room opened up, from which the apparent izel appeared. She was a mirialan women, seemingly in her late thirties, with a notably dark green skin tone. Her hairs was dark at the roots, but gradually lightened into a blonde color to the ends. It was heavily braided, and laid over her right shoulder. Her features could be described as "unconventionally attractive", but as far as fashion goes on Mirial, she was well dressed, mixing elegant style with practicality. It was only fitting, given she was the seamstress of the village. <What is it, you old bird?!>

Mebita grinned, and gently pushed Amani forward, <This is the Serys girl. You remember? The Jedi?>

Izel closed the distance, brushing a hand through her hair, careful not to disturb her meticulously crafted appearance, <I do. Not that we properly met,> She held out a dainty hand, <Izel. A pleasure.>

<Amani. Likewise,> They exchanged hands, and Izel then looked to Mebita expectantly. Only for Mebita to look at Amani expectantly. She continued, <I'm… getting married. I wanted to have a traditional Mirialan wedding gown for the occasion.>

Izel's eyes lit up, though her tone never betrayed much emotion beyond mild curiosity, <Really now? Congratulations. You've certainly come to the right place for such an item. Custom-made?>

<Ideally.>

<Ideally, indeed.> Izel seemed to relish in the challenge. Behind her flat expression were the nascent machinations of an inventor, proverbial threads already weaving together in her mind. Her gaze suddenly darted to Valery, <Who is the near-human?> Perhaps an easily dismissible question on the surface, but more subtly, the fact that she could immediately discern that Valery was not simply human showed an impeccable attention to detail, especially for one from a region that hardly saw any non-Mirialans.

<Her name is Valery. She is Amani's friend, and can understand you. She also showed some interest in a dress of her own. Er- Not a bridal dress.>

<Hm. I suppose that can be arranged.> Izel looked the woman up and down, <Something particular you have in mind?>

mirial.jpg

Mirial
div-orange.png
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

"That's something I definitely have in common with your people," Valery said with a nod. Family and friends were everything to her, and without them, she wouldn't be able to carry the burdens of life at all. This little connection she felt to the Mirialans helped her be even more at ease than she already was.

Mebita then continued to guide them through the village until they reached their destination — a circular wooden building that hardly revealed anything on the outside, but once they stepped inside, it became evident quickly that this was the seamstress' workplace, and perhaps even her home as well. With a lack of advanced technology and bright lighting, it gave a warm, cozy feeling that felt even better alongside the cold weather outside and the sound of snow crunching underneath their boots. It's what Valery had always loved about Life day as well: the atmosphere.

It was perhaps the only thing that made the cold less annoying.

Introductions soon followed, as well as a mention of why they were here, to begin with, but Valery remained quiet and mostly in the background. This was Amani's time to shine, and even if she couldn't find a dress here at all, she'd be happy to have shared this trip with her closest friend. Eventually, though, Izel picked up on the outsider in the room.

<Who is the near-human?>

Valery blinked, both because of the way she chose to refer to her, and the fact that she could tell that Valery wasn't human. But then again, very few had bright orange eyes.

"A pleasure to meet you, and..." she looked at Amani for help. "I'm not quite sure what kind of dresses you're used to making. I'm open to trying something new that fits me." The overly traditional Mirialan dress was probably not a great idea, but they surely had more than just that, right? "If you have any advice, I'd be happy to hear it."

<Hm. Well, if you're looking for something to wear to the wedding, we should find something more subdued, something that won't take attention away from the bride on her special day, mm? Something dark. Perhaps a violet? A blue-violet? It would contrast nicely with your palette. Your eyes. Like a sunset.> For the first time, she showed the beginnings of a grin. A knowing grin, a compliment to her own visionary expertise. Izel was self-assured, no doubt. But if her reputation held true, then perhaps it was warranted. <I've a few already made if you'd like a look. If one suits your fancy, we can use it as inspiration for a new dress, or simply resize it to your figure.>

She led Valery over to a section in which a few of such dresses were displayed (1) (2) (3). Each one was inspired by Mirialan designs, unsurprisingly, but could theoretically be translated to less context-sensitive circumstances. Izel was a skilled seamstress, but it was also clear that most of her familiarity was in the traditional style of her people. She couldn't necessarily declare whether any of these would be fitting for Valery in a non-Mirial wedding.

<Of course we shouldn't forget about the bride herself.> Izel swung around, and laid a hand on Amani's back, ushering her to the center of the room, where a small circular dais propped her up. Amani followed along, a bit confusedly, glancing at herself through several of the mirrors that surrounded her. <Who is your fiancée to be, Serys?>

<Um, Alicio Organa. He's ah, the Senator of Alderaan. And a Count.>

Izel's eyes illuminated with joyous surprise, and for the second time she showed an emotion other than smug gravitas. <A-a Senator? A Count?>

<Y-yes. That's right.>

Izel grinned, and patted down her dress, <My dear, you should've said so earlier,> She chewed her lip, pacing around as new ideas sprang to mind. <This dress will be worthy of a royal wedding. It must be,> She framed Amani with her fingers, and nodded, before grabbing a long roll of measuring tape, <Let us begin in earnest.>

Amani stood still as Izel began measuring, and glanced over to Valery, "See anything ya like?"

mirial.jpg

Mirial
div-orange.png
Tag:
@Amani

"...my palette?" Valery blinked when her eyes were described as a sunset, and even more so when Izel began to grin and continued to show off her expertise in fashion. Valery sometimes liked to think she knew what she was doing, but people like Izel reminded her that even this had extremes. In this case, it was welcomed though, or else she'd rely on Briana's list of options again, which would likely result in another overly spicy Hapan dress.

After being guided over to a section with available dresses, she began to look through them and hummed a little in thought while Izel turned to help out Amani. The dresses in front of her were very different from what she knew, but they were all beautiful in their own unique ways. One of them caught her eye though, and she picked it out to show it to both Amani and Izel.

"Little more modest than what I'm used to..." she trailed off and smirked a little. "But what do you think? It'll have to be resized to my figure or I'll tear out of it, but this one looks cute." With the dress in hand, she walked over and watched Izel take measurements to start preparing for a proper royal dress.

Something fitting for both Amani and the wedding.

"What style of dress are you thinking for Amani?" she then asked Izel.

<Yes dear, your palette,> Izel replied frankly, <Your skin, your hair, your eyes. They all form your personal palette. And I think something like one of these will compliment the look nicely.> She ran a hand across the rack of dresses, before turning her attention to Amani.

The bride-to-be felt a bit awkward throughout the process, having never really undergone anything like it in the past. It didn’t help that Izel’s expression made it seem as if she was constantly judging her. Which was further exacerbated by her occasional comments, <For a woman of unremarkable height, your legs are quite long. Proportionally speaking.> Izel said as she ran the measuring tape hollow to hem.

Amani blinked, <Um...thanks?>

Izel seemed to not notice the young woman’s confusion, <You’re welcome. It’s a conventionally attractive trait to possess,> She spoke about such things very scientifically. Then agin, perhaps to her it was something of a science, <It helps compensate for your modest bust size.>

That took a moment to register, <...My what-?>

“Little more modest than what I’m used to…” Valery interjected, holding up a dress and sparing them from more awkward chit-chat.

Amani gave her a thumbs up, “Love it!”

Izel hardly seemed to look back, <It will do nicely,> She stepped away to give Amani a fuller look, seemingly having ignored or not heard Valery’s question. Until she suddenly answered it, <White is the color of choice for brides in most human weddings, yes? I think we’ll keep color minimal, then. Still quite traditional of course; You didn’t come all the way out here for conformity with the Alderaanians.>

<It’ll be quite long, I think. Long and flowing. With some sort of appliqué embroidery. Yes. I’ll have to consult some previous designs…>
Izel trailed off, providing no further details as she stepped back in to continue measuring. <I get the sense you would prefer I refrain from any comments on your seat?> She intuited, wrapping the tape around Amani’s hips.

<Yes, please,> She quickly replied.

<Your loss.>

Amani pouted, having apparently missed out on a compliment, but shook it off to talk to Valery, “What was your wedding dress like, Val?”

Last edited:

mirial.jpg

Mirial
div-orange.png
Tag:
@Amani

"Love it!"

Amani's reaction to the dress got Valery to briefly smile, but she had heard the comment that Izel made as well. So when the Mirialan woman faced Amani again to keep taking measurements, Valery made eye contact with her friend and brought up a hand in front of her throat, which she moved from side to side as if to say Should I kill her?

A smirk followed quickly, as well as as an answer to the question she had asked about Amani's dress. Valery didn't really understand all of what Izel was trying to tell her, but she caught the bit about not having too much color, and not making it look too Alderaanian — all things that Valery could agree on.

"I'm sure it's going to look amazing on her," Valery said as she stepped closer, right when Izel stepped away to consult her old designs.
"Even with a modest bust~" Valery whispered into Amani's ears just to tease her a little about the comment that was made earlier. She hoped her grin and wink would keep Amani from wanting to attack her for it.

Stepping back again, Valery watched as Izel continued once more, but this time Amani stopped her from making more comments and hoped to stay away from that awkwardness by asking a question. "Oh I had a feeling it could come up, so I brought a picture of it with me," Valery said. She tapped a few buttons on her vambrace and a holo-image of her wearing the wedding dress popped up.

"Nothing overly fancy, but Kahlil really liked it," she grinned.

When she saw Valery drag a finger across her throat, Amani just exhaled through her nose, and shook her head. She found them a bit awkward, but wasn't exactly sensitive about Izel's observations. "Tch," She scoffed as Val tried to dig at it further, "I think I'll live."

Izel came back, freshly inspired, <Yes. I know what we're doing now.> She finished up the measurements, <Heavily embroidered in the old style. White, or perhaps more of an ivory in color. That would work nicely with your bridal jewelery.>

Amani blinked, <I don't- really own any jewelry,> Other than the ring, but that hardly seemed like enough to shape the entire style of the dress.

<Ah, but you will. It is common practice here,> Izel walked away in search, <The final product will of course take some time to craft, but I believe I have something similar in store that you can try on. Give yourself a sense of what we're looking at.>

Amani took the chance to loosen up from her stiff posture, and looked at the picture Valery pulled up, "Aw, it's beautiful!" A dress didn't need to be overly complicated to look great, and Val's was proof of that, "Were you nervous? The day of?"

mirial.jpg

Mirial
div-orange.png
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

After her attempt to tease Amani and the response that followed, Valery quickly squeezed her friend's shoulder in a friendly way, and offered her smile before the focus was back on the dress. Izel returned with new ideas, and much like Amani, Valery seemded a bit surprised.

Even though Jedi were hardly as traditional these days, most weren't exactly the types to own a lot of jewelry and even if they wanted to, they probably couldn't afford it. That was not really going to be a problem for Amani though....but Valery wondered what Alicio Organa Alicio Organa would think about it.

With a smirk, she leaned in closer to her friend again to softly comment, "We'll make sure he sees the bill after the wedding," she joked with a chuckle before it was time to show off her own wedding dress.

"I liked the dress and...not too nervous? Our wedding was very small and private, so maybe that made it easier," Valery said with a shrug of her shoulders. "If I get married again..." And she wanted to get married again someday. "...I'd like it to be bigger as well and invite a lot of people." A special day should be celebrated, after all.

"Why? Feeling a bit nervous about it all?"

Amani chuckled awkwardly at the mention of a bill, but quickly let herself be distracted by wedding photos. Valery noted that her wedding was decidedly smaller than Amani and Alicio’s was going to be, “Good point,” That would certainly help with the nerves.

She looked at Val, and shrugged, “Well… Yeah, kinda. It’s a pretty big deal so, just very overwhelming, y’know?” A royal wedding was no minor affair, nor did she want it to be, at the end of the day. Amani’s line of thinking was similar: A special day ought to be celebrated, “But… I’m excited, too.”

Izel whistled from the back room, waving over the bride to follow her inside, <Come, Ms. Serys! Let’s try this dress on for size.> Amani shot Val a resigned look, before doing just that.

Mebita, who had mostly stood back to watch the proceedings in silence, walked up to the Jedi master during this gap of time, and gave her a wamr smile, <She is lucky to have a friend such as you. Coming all the way out here with her.>

Eventually, the tent flaps reopened, and Izel stepped out with a knowing grin, holding open the flap for Amani to step through, now adorned in an elegant gossamer gown, heavily embroidered and complete with a set of earrings, a necklace, and a headpiece. She shuffled out carefully, as if the afraid that the slightest wrong move would ruin the look, but then turned to the assembled women, smiling anxiously in anticipation of a reaction.

mirial.jpg

Mirial
div-orange.png
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

"I know what you mean," Valery assured with a smile, "But the excitement you feel is going to make you forget about the things that make you nervous pretty quickly."

Izel then returned and called Amani over to join her inside the backroom to try on the dress and get ready for a first appearance in it. Valery looked at Amani and dipped her head, "You got this~" she said before her gaze shifted to the side. Mebita had joined her again, and her words got Valery to smile brightly. "Oh it's absolutely my pleasure. She has been an amazing friend and always supported me, both in good and bad times," Valery said with a very brief frown as that painful night flashed into her mind.

"I feel just as lucky to have her as my friend and this wedding will likely be the happiest moment of her life thus far. I'll do anything I can to help her prepare for it."

Eventually, Valery's attention was drawn back to the room Amani had disappeared into, and out came her best friend in an amazing dress fitted perfectly to her. She looked beautiful in it without a doubt, but still Valery spotted an anxious smile she wanted to quickly change.

"Oh. My. Gosh!" Valery grinned, stepped closer and took a long moment to look her up and down. "You look amazing! You're going to blow everybody away in this dress~" Valery placed her hands on Amani's shoulders and chuckled.

"The earrings and necklace are great little details. It's...perfect." She nodded approvingly and stepped back again to give Amani some space. "How do you feel in it? Beauty can hurt sometimes but I hope it's somewhat comfortable."

<You look wonderful, dear!> Mebita clasped her hands and chuckled joyously, <Simply wonderful!>

Between her and Valery's encouragement, Amani eased up, admiring herself in one of the tall mirrors, twisting around for the full view, <It's… a little stiff. But it does look… really nice.> She smiled, wiggling in the dress to find a more comfortable posture.

<The final product will be slightly different. Unique, > Izel said, stalking around in a circle like some kind of watchful predator, <And properly fitted to your measurements, of course. But I believe this is an inspiration to strive towards.>

<I take it you agree?>

Amani nodded, and given he reactions of the others, Izel had her sights set, <Perfect. It will take some time to create, so do try and not rush the date of the ceremony.> Making a wedding dress in the traditional style, especially one such as this, was a meticulous undertaking. But in the end, it would be worth it. She then turned to Valery, <And you. You're set on your own dress of choice? I'll need your measurements as well to resize the piece.>

mirial.jpg

Mirial
div-orange.png
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

When Amani eased up and showed confidence in her dress, Valery smiled happily and briefly shot Mebita a grin. The woman was important with her support as well, and Valery appreciated that as much as Mebita appreciated her coming all the way out here with Amani.

"Once it's made specifically to your measurements, I'm sure it'll feel just right, then," Valery said with a slight dip of her head in Izel's direction. The woman, while perhaps a little strange in how direct she was, knew exactly what she was doing. So like Amani and Mebita, Valery felt confident leaving the rest to her from here.

But there was still one thing, which Izel was quick to point out when she turned to Valery and addressed her. Valery blinked and nodded before she held up the dress she picked before.

"I don't think I'll be able to try anything on unless you have it in a bigger size, but I trust it will look fantastic when it's fitted to me." This wasn't as elaborate of a dress as Amani's, so there was less risk to it. Still, it would have to be made carefully, so Valery stood still and positioned her arms and legs to make it easy for the woman to begin taking measurements.

"Is there anything else you'd like to get done here, Amani? Food, flowers, deocrations...getting your hair done." Valery smirked. She wasn't sure what else this town had to offer and if it would fit the planned wedding, but she'd help any way she can.

Amani nodded, agreeing with Valery's assumption. This gown was effectively just a proof of concept. The final piece would be properly suited to her specifications, and the artistic eye of Izel. The seamstress then ushered Val onto the dais to begin marking down her measurements.

"Is there anything else you'd like to get done here, Amani? Food, flowers, deocrations...getting your hair done."

Amani furrowed her brow, and hummed in thought, "Mmm… Oh-!" She lit up, remembering one particular thing she wanted to bring up. She turned to the elder, <Mebita. Maybe this is a lot to ask but… I was wondering if you would be interested, and able, to oversee the wedding ceremony? As an officiant?> Amani gave her a nervous smile, excited by the prospect but not wanting to put on the pressure.

<Me?> Mebita asked incredulously, placing a hand on her chest.

<Y-yeah. It's part of what you do here around the village, right? Neither Alicio or I have much connection to any other candidates, but, i thought it would be a nice way to inject some->

Mebita chuckled, approaching the girl to embrace her, <I would love to, dear! Of course! I am honored, truly!> She pulled back, only to then squish Amani's cheeks together in her palms as she grinned at the young bride, "I better get started brushing up on my Basic, hm?" Mebita said in the common tongue, her delivery a bit choppy and accented. They both chuckled some more.

"Yeah. Yeah, I guess so." Amani replied, before switching back to Mirialan, <We'd really like to highlight both of our backgrounds. And, well, no one's really made me feel so in touch with my own as you have.>

<You give me too much credit, girl. But I will gladly do it.> Mebita shook her head, ever gracious and ever humble.

It was Amani's turn to shake her head next, <No, really. Thank you, Mebita,> She was the first to welcome Amani into her ancestral village, and treat her as one of their own. It had done a lot to help her feel more in touch with the traditions of her people.

<Thank you, Amani.> They hugged again, and Izel had just about finished up taking Valery's measurements.

<There we are. I can get started on the refitting process soon. Shouldn't take more than a day or two. Will you all be sticking around?> Izel asked, seemingly none the wiser to the heart-to-heart that had just occurred. That, or she was just more interested in her work.

Amani looked at Val and shrugged, "We could probably find some things to do. Worst case, we can just have it shipped back to Coruscant."

<Very well,> Izel said, grabbing her things and heading for the backroom without another word on the matter. At least, until she called back out, <Don't forget to give me that dress back, Ms. Serys.>

Amani blinked, and grinned sheepishly, before shufflign back into the back room to get changed. Once she was back out, wearing her thick furry coat, she spoke again, <Not much else on the itinerary. But we can grab some food, or look around, or whatever.>

mirial.jpg

Mirial
div-orange.png
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

It seemed that her question had helped remind Amani of something important — she wanted Mebita to run the ceremony, and Valery couldn't think of anybody more suited for it either. The woman not only had experience with both weddings and Mirialan customs, but she also cared a great deal about her people, Amani included. It was something that could be easily felt even without the Force, and that joy was perfect for such an important day.

"You deserve all the credit," Valery chimed in as Mebita and Amani hugged. She had to still try and stand still a little for Izel to continue taking measurements, but soon enough, the woman had everything she needed and Valery stepped away.

"We could stick around," Valery told the woman in response before nodding to Amani. To head back and return only 2 days later to pick up their dresses wasn't exactly ideal, and some time away from the core could be relaxing. Vera was busy with her classes and Yula had promised to teach her some tech skills as well, so her little star wasn't home anyway. This could be a chance to just forget about duty and learn about and experience Mirial.

Of course, Amani couldn't do that whilst stealing a dress that wasn't even fitted to her, so she had to get changed first. But when all was done and ready, she returned and Valery grinned, "Some food could be a good idea. I don't think I've tried Mirialan dishes before, and maybe we can meet some other people, hm?"

Mebita grinned at the other two women appreciatively, before clasping her hands together, <Well, I suppose I should stop avoiding my duties. And get to work practicing for this ceremony!> She chuckled, and began to waddle out the door, <You two enjoy yourselves! My door is always open should you need anything!>

<Of course! I'll give you more details on the wedding when I can. Take care, Mebita.> With a final parting wave, Amani and Valery were now left to their own devices. The bride-to-be found the idea of staying a few more days to be similarly appealing. They could spare a bit of time, and it would be a nice escape from work back in the Alliance. "Works for me. I'm starving."

Amani led her back out towards the village square, in which various stalls were preparing and selling food. Cuisine on Mirial was limited by the environment. Animal products were commonplace, with fatty, muttony meat seeming to be among the most popular, as was fish and wild game in general. The vegetables were starchy and tuberous, and generally eaten in addition to meat, in stews or dumplings. Fruits were few and far between, and mostly confined to batches of tart arctic berries. Though spices in general were unfortunately sparse, it was often made up for with the variety of available preparation and preservation methods, which often enhanced the flavor. Some of it was certainly an acquired taste, but the people here made do with what they had.

"Sooo… see anything you like?" Amani asked with a slight smirk. She was feeling a bit adventurous herself.

mirial.jpg

Mirial
div-orange.png
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

"Take care!" Valery called out after Mebita with a bright smile, before turning to Amani again, "I love her so much. It was definitely a good call to ask her to oversee the ceremony. She seems so excited, so I'm sure she's going to prepare something special," Valery said with an encouraging grin. Then it was time for them to head back out into the cold as well, now with a quest for food on their minds.

This brought the two women to the city square again, where Valery looked around at the stalls with a magical sparkle in her eyes. Somehow, it reminded her of visiting Eshan a few weeks before Life Day — that same cold atmosphere, the stalls, and people all bundled up and together in harmony. The only thing that was missing was hot cocoa, but she kept that for special occasions because of memories tied to it.

"Sooo… see anything you like?"

Valery snapped out of her little trance and shot her friend a grin, before she wrapped an arm around the woman's shoulders and pulled her close, "I love meat and veggies. Simple but it's always good, and I'm seeing a lot of i-" she paused as the growling of her stomach cut her off, and smiled sheepishly.

"Maybe a stew as well..." she said, eyeing a stall that had a particularly nice smell coming from it. "Let's just get a whole bunch of things and sit down there."

Soon after, Valery sat at a table, shamelessly eating a quantity enough to feed a small family, but she was hungry and always a big eater. Between her rather quick and big bites, though, she glanced up at Amani again. "So... once you two are married, do you have any plans to move elsewhere? Or is the apartment on Coruscant still really to your liking?"

Amani nodded in agreement, "Me too. She's really great," It would be a nice opportunity to inject a bit more mirialan culture into the wedding as well.

"Maybe Vera could be the flower girl?" They headed back out into the cold, browsing the stalls for their next meal. Amani almost wished she could stand right next to the stalls as they ate, enjoying the warmth that emanated from hot stoves and boiling pots. But thankfully the wind had gone away, making the chill air a bit more tolerable, "Works for me," Amani chuckled, and they grabbed a few different dishes from different vendors before taking a seat at one of the tables in the village square. A wood and canvas pavilion further helped shield against the weather.

Amani rubbed her hands together, ready to dig in, when Valery asked a question. She hummed in thought, "Well, considering our jobs, it probably wouldn't be very convenient to leave Coruscant," Neither of them exactly preferred the planet's urban jungle to more scenic places in the galaxy, but they had made their house into a home. And it would only be responsible for the Chief Healer of the NJO and the Senator of Alderaan to stay where their work took place, "I could see us maybe moving to a bigger space if we find something we like. But otherwise, what we have now has worked nicely." They'd certainly need to size up if they were ever looking to expand the family.

"How's things been with you and Aldric?" She asked, now digging into an eggy, soufflé-like dish.

mirial.jpg

Mirial
div-orange.png
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

"Really? You'll let her be the flower girl?" Valery asked with a bright smile, "She'd love that so much. Almost every day, she asks me how much longer it is until the wedding. She wanted to get a nice dress and has been working on a gift for you two." Valery chuckled and seemed to get lost in her motherly love for just a couple of seconds.

"It would mean a lot to her," she finally added with a nod.

While Valery began to dig in, she then listened to what Amani said about the living conditions, "That makes sense. I figured that maybe living on Alderaan would also be an option with him being a senator of the planet. But... I suppose most of his work is on Coruscant anyways." Perhaps something they could think about in the future, hopefully when the war was over and a time of peace could be enjoyed.

How much she longed for that herself.

On the topic of Aldric, Valery smiled but there was a nervous touch to it, "Oh it's going..." she said before stuffing her face with food again. A trip to Dantooine was coming up and she had something to share that was going to definitely change things. But she didn't want to bother Amani with it, not now. "So uhm, I'm also preparing for Vera's birthday," Valery then continued to change the topic a little.

"I don't think we'll be able to throw one big party with how busy everybody is. But I'll send you and Alicio some options and you can pick a date that's convenient. I was thinking about maybe making it another day out to do something fun, as her gift, but we'd have to plan that a little."

"Sure!" Amani said, shrugging, "Who else would it be, anyway?" Vera was about the only young girl she was acquainted with that really fit the age bracket, and she was more than qualified, "I'm looking forward to seeing her. It'll be soon, I hope. I mean, as soon as can be, given all the planning," They'd have to wait until the dress was crafted from scratch, at the very least, on top of whatever else needed to be prepared.

The mention of Alderaan received an agreeable nod, "That would be nice. Maybe if things ever get less hectic back home…" A big if. But it was what they were all striving towards, wasn't it? Perhaps one day, "For now though, Coruscant has been alright for us."

Valery was quick to brush off the question about Aldric, which came across as a bit uncharacteristic given how doting she seemed to be in the past. But Amani didn't dwell on it, becoming caught up in the shift in topics, "Of course! Alicio and I would be happy to find the time," Amani frowned slightly, "Does she have any friends her age who are able to make it?"

mirial.jpg

Mirial
div-orange.png
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

"Well, the younglings always seem to like you as well," Valery said with a chuckle, but it did make sense that she'd let Vera do it. After the festival and now with Amani also coming to her birthday party, Vera really cared about both her and Alicio, so this was going to be the most exciting news in a long time for her. "But thanks, it really means a ton. I'll just have to do my best to keep her entertained until then."

On the topic of potentially moving, Valery dipped her head again, "I'm sure it'll be possible one day. And like you, I haven't really been bothered by Coruscant as much as I thought I would. It takes some getting used to, but there's something nice to a smaller apartment as well." Especially with loved ones being close. With Life day coming up and all the decorations and celebrations that go alongside it, it would be even better.

It's one of the few things she had loved about living on Empress Teta.

Shifting back to Vera, Valery nodded with a bit of relief in her eyes, "She made a really good friend in the son of a close friend of mine. She's getting to know some of the other younglings too, so it hasn't been as hard on her anymore. But... she's a little difficult about who she wants to invite."

"It's mostly people who aren't her age. Alicio, yourself, Iris..."
Valery sighed softly. "But as long as she's happy, I'm happy. I'm getting some gifts that she'll love this year and it's going to be a good time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom