Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Old, New, Borrowed, Blue

CORUSCANT

Amani and Alicio's trip on Alderaan inevitably came to an end. Despite her nerves going into it, it had quickly become one of the greatest moments of her life. Ever since the proposal, she had been living in a state of bliss. Cherishing the love of her life, daydreaming about what was to come.

And on her first night back on Coruscant, Amani charged straight to Valery's apartment with no warning. Reaching the front door, she rapped her knuckles against it several times as if it would make her friend answer the door any faster. Amani needed to tell somebody. To shout it from the rooftops, ideally. But this would work just fine instead. Who better to tell first than her best friend?

Hopefully news hadn't circulated yet. Their engagement wasn't made officially public just yet, but you never know.

Coruscant.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

Valery sat alone in the living room of her apartment with a cup of hot tea between the palms of her hands. She had put the heating up just a little higher, thrown on a big comfortable sweater, and was listening to some moody music. It wasn't often that she got a chance to relax and do absolutely nothing, but this was something she needed right now, more than ever. Her life had been a rollercoaster, and she felt like she had really hit an all-time low.

There were, however, a few things that could brighten up her day, even if only temporarily.

One of those things came knocking at her door this evening, albeit so loudly that she believed someone was trying to rob her for just a few seconds. But once she felt the familiar presence of her best friend, she got up to her feet and shuffled over to the door on her socks with an already brighter smile.

"Heyyy," Valery said after she opened the door and spotted the rather exciting-looking Mirialan. "Come in, I've got tea ready and I baked some cake if you'd like a slice." She wasn't wasting any time asking why she came — if Amani visited this late, it was either really good or really bad news, and she already had a feeling what this was all about.

He finally asked her.

With Amani right behind her, she'd return to the living room to sit down on the couch, her eyes already looking at Amani expectantly.

Coruscant.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

When Amani shoved the ring into her face, Valery blinked and pulled back her head so she could actually get her eyes to focus on the engagement ring. It was beautiful and very different from the one she had once been given by Kahlil. Although the emotions that it brought up in her friend were very similar to what her own had been like at the time.

Seeing Amani this happy about it brought back good memories she missed so dearly.

"Oh my gosh!" Valery did finally squeal before she took both of Amani's hands and squeezed with a big grin. "I'm so glad he finally asked you! He asked me for some advice a while ago, so I've been waiting~" she mused with a chuckle. "How did he ask? How has it all been to you?"

Right now, the only thing that mattered to her was her friend's joy, and of course... all the details.

"I know!" Amani squealed in pent-up excitement. Just like that she was back on cloud nine, wallowing in the returning wave of euphoria. But before she could lose herself too far in reverie, Valery pulled her back to the present with a comment she had made, "He did?" She squinted at Valery, quickly piecing together that this was a move that she had been expecting, "Of course he did." Who better than a close friend who had already been through it all?

"It was on our trip to Alderaan. We were riding on the back of a thranta over Sanctuary, and then, he just- Did it! Heat of the moment. He couldn't even get the full question out. I said yes, and now…!
" Amani giggled, and gestured broadly, "It's… amazing. I've never felt so… so… like this!" Words couldn't accurately describe her elation, "Is this how it felt for you?"

Coruscant.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

Valery shot her friend a totally innocent smile in return for the glare and batted her eyelashes, "Mhmmm, he did, and it was a very interesting conversation." She chuckled and remained quiet to listen to all the details of his proposal. It wasn't really surprising that he had struggled to get it all out, but it seemed like he had picked a great moment, and judging by the energy she felt from Amani, he had just made her the happiest woman in the Galaxy as well.

That's all that really mattered.

"I'm so happy for you! Sounds like you two had an amazing time, and it's good to see you this happy," Valery added with a warm smile before she raised her cup of tea up for a careful sip. Amani then asked a question that got her to shift back through old memories, and in an instant, that joy of the past was all over her face.

"Oh yeah..." she smiled and let out a soft sigh. She cherished the memories greatly, and sometimes, she really missed all of it too. Hiding that was impossible, but she was certain Amani understood after everything that happened. "I was pregnant at the time, so it really brought everything together and made us a family. Very few things have made me that happy. So I totally get the feeling, and enjoy every second of it."

"Interesting, eh?" Amani squinted at her a few moments longer, but quickly returned to her new natural state. Which is to say, grinning like an idiot.

"We did. It was… perfect," The initial stress of that night meant nothing in retrospect. All that mattered were those few precious moments up in the sky. Her joy only grew as Valery regaled her own experiences with marriage. It confirmed everything Amani was feeling, and more.

That energy was struck with the slightest tinge of nervousness. An excited sort of nervousness, but it was there all the same, "Now all that's left is… planning an entire royal wedding," Her eyes grew wide at the thought. The logistics of it would no doubt cause a few headaches along the way. But she was determined to make it all perfect.

Coruscant.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

While she sipped from her tea, Valery kept looking at Amani, who she had never seen this happy before. Of course, she was already happy in life and excited about her future with Alicio, but now there was something even more special about the way she projected her joy. Valery wasn't going to say it or even really show it, but it made her feel just a little bit jealous in these, for her, very difficult times.

"I don't envy you there... Kahlil and I got married very privately at my old Enclave, so there wasn't much planning. Just picking a dress was quite an... adventure for me," she said with a soft chuckle as funny memories of her shopping day with Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez resurfaced. "But just let me know if you need help with anything, alright? I don't have much experience with weddings, but enough to give you a hand."

She was excited for the big day itself as well because surely that couldn't get interrupted by anything. A day just to enjoy the most important day of her best friend's life.

There was an undeniable appeal to the idea of a more private ceremony. Something she had considered early on, but given all the factors at play, it only made sense to stick with the original plan.

Mention of dresses made the mirialan's eyes sparkle, "I think I have something in mind for that, actually…"

"...Wanna come with me?"
Teasingly vague. But it wouldn't be the first time Val had accompanied her on a quest for fashion.

Coruscant.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

"You dooo?" Valery asked curiously as she leaned in a little closer to hear every detail about Amani's plans. Weddings were a big deal and with her partner being an Organa, there were high expectations about appearance, as well as the ceremony itself. It was likely a huge undertaking, and one Valery gladly helped out with to make it the perfect day for them. Of course, she'd also have to figure out her own dress and drag along a certain someone, if all turned out okay there.

So when Amani asked her to come along, she grinned and quickly nodded, "Duhhh, of course I am! We'll get you the best of the best. Are you thinking about looking on Alderaan again or did you have something else in mind?"

Valery then paused for a momenr and grinned more playfully, "I'll also take you out somewhere nice. Leading up to the wedding, he won't be seeing you too much," She waggled her eyebrows. "So when he finally sees you again, in your dress, his jaw will drop. It will benefit post-wedding action as well~" she teased with a big grin.

"Mmhmm," Amani nodded, already prepping their little trip in her head, "Not exactlyyy." It might be an Alderaanian wedding, but that didn't mean she was just going to completely blend into their customs alone. Though she was still playing needlessly coy with those details.

"Somewhere nice?" She raised an eyebrow, not quite sure what Valery was thinking of herself. Then she rolled her eyes and chuckled, "Pft. Sure, Val, whatever you say."

Coruscant.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

Valery narrowed her eyes at her friend when she continued to keep any and all details to herself. If it wasn't going to be Alderaan, there were still plenty of other options for high-end shopping, but something told her that the Mirialan had something a little more special planned. Whatever it was, Valery was looking forward to the distraction, and a day spent with her best friend was going to be amazing.

"Mhmm, somewhere nice~" Of course, Valery could play the same game as well, and kept details to herself too. Perhaps wherever they were going for the dress would also have options for going out, but that remained to be seen. "And don't you play innocent with me," Valery quickly added with a smirk.

"It's going to be a great time, and you have to be ready for it. That said... when do you want to leave?"

LATER…

Amani was practically staring at the cockpit viewport, waiting for the hyperspace vortex that reflected in her eyes to give way and unveil their destination. With so much on the horizon, so much to look forward to, this trip would be the outlet for that, "We're here."

The ship lurched to sublight speed in front of an icy white and blue marble floating amongst the stars: Mirial. What few trips she had taken here were few and far between, so getting another chance was always welcome for Amani, "The village we're heading for is small, but I know for a fact they have what we need. Should probably note that not everyone speaks fluent basic, though."

She took the pilot's seat, and began lowering them into the atmosphere, "Any questions?"

Coruscant.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

"We're here."

Amani's voice drew Valery out of her trance and got her to actually focus on what she was looking at through the viewscreen. A planet popped out as they dropped from hyperspace, but not one Valery had visited before. Despite that, she knew exactly where they were, and grinned a little in Amani's direction. "Mirial, huh?" she asked.

Part of her should have expected this, given how the Mirialans carried traditions over from their culture even into their duties as a Jedi. A wedding was perhaps something different, but personal enough to make it a logical choice.

"I don't think I'll be finding a dress for myself here, or that we can go out somewhere... but this will be good. I've never been here either, so I look forward to seeing your homeworld." Valery smiled warmly for a moment but blinked at the mention of them not speaking basic. "Well, I'll be able to understand what they're saying through Comprehend Speech, but I'll let you handle the talking if they can't understand basic."

She then thought about Amani's question and nodded, "I take it you're going for something more traditional? Will be interesting to see that on you~" she chuckled and winked playfully at her bestie.

"That's right," Amani said proudly. As much as the wedding would be a union between herself and Alicio, it would also be a union of their cultures. She had become increasingly integrated into her own as of late, and it was something she wanted to continue. What better time for it than her own marriage.

"It will?" Amani asked, and shrugged. It's not like she was typically walking around in Mirialan garb, so Valery wasn't all that off-base. Most traditional wear here was far too warm to don everywhere she went.

The ship broke through the atmosphere and was immediately swept into a gentle flurry of snow and ice. Their destination was small and remote, far from any major civilization as they neared, the sight of a quaint village settled into the snowswept tundra became visible, "Here we are. Hope you brought a coat," Amani smirked.

Coruscant.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

"Oh yeah, I think it'll look great on you too," Valery said encouragingly. She hardly knew anything about her own homeworld and the culture there, and while that was unlikely going to change anytime soon, she was always quite fond of seeing how others still had certain ties to their own.

The ship soon descended down through the atmosphere, and Valery looked out through the viewscreen to see them avoid any sign of actual civilization. Instead, they were heading for some small, remote little village that she doubted had any nightclubs for their time away from partners and work. But perhaps it was Amani's hometown? Either way, Valery looked forward to seeing it all and meeting some of the people who lived here. It would be very different from Coruscant or most major worlds she frequented.

There was one small detail she didn't quite like, though, and Amani was quick to point it out.

"Here we are. Hope you brought a coat,"

Valery's head slowly turned to her friend and her gaze narrowed, "I would have... if you had told me we were going somewhere cold." She grumbled and let out a soft sigh. "But it's fine, I don't get cold if I use the Force."

After the ship finally landed, Valery waited for the ramp to lower and stepped outside together with Amani. Finally, she decided to ask the question, "Do they just have good tailors here? Or is this village an important one to your past?"

"Yeah, sorry about that," Amani rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly, having neglected to think that far ahead, "You can always use one of my coats. I've got a pretty big mirialan one in the closet," A thick, one-size-fits-all kind of parka. Either way, Amani would don a separate coat, still traditionally styled, but a bit more fitted to her specifically.

Once the ramp lowered and they were out in the cold, Amani rubbed her hands together before stuffing them in her sleeves, "This is the village my family lived in. But I know they have a seamstress here. Very traditionally trained. Can't find something quite like that in the big cities."

The village was mostly made up of wooden huts, lined with canvas and fur for insulation. Atop a small hill, overlooking the rest of the village, was a temple, one of the larger buildings in the area. The main street was dotted with market stalls, trailing down to a circular village plaza further away, "I've been here a couple times now. So we might run into some-"

<Amaniiii?> A voice called out right on cue. A elderly, lavender-skinned mirialan woman covered in tattoos, approached the chief healer with oustrecthed arms, <Ho ho, I thought I recognized that ship! We don't exactly get a lot of visitors out here!> She spoke in Mirialan, and the two embraced, with Amani replying in her native tongue.

<Hello, Mebita! Good to see you again.>

<You as well. You're always welcome here. Seems you've taken quite a liking to visiting us, hm?> She chuckled, then looked at Valery, <Who's this one? She's certainly not the nice boy you brought along before.>

Amani looked to Valery for a reply, and would translate whatever she said back to Mebita.

Coruscant.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

"I'll be alright, but thanks," she said with a smirk. The lack of a coat didn't really bother her much, so she turned to the Force and wrapped it around herself like a blanket. Despite the low temperatures and icy wind outside, it helped her stay warm, so she hardly seemed phased when they stepped off the ramp and into the smaller village. It was quite different from the cities she had read about, but she preferred this so much more.

It felt peaceful and calm, both because of its location and beauty, as well as the people who lived here together mostly in harmony. One day, retiring to a place like this would be ideal.

"I already love it here and-" she couldn't finish her own sentence either, and watched as an older Mirialan approached Amani. She seemed excited to see the Jedi, and after a hug, they began talking in their native language. Comprehend Speech allowed Valery to understand each and every word they said, but she couldn't respond.

So Amani was going to be the translator for today.

"I'm sorry if I disappoint," she joked when the woman mentioned the nice boy. "But I'm Valery Noble, a close friend of Amani here. She has some big news to share, and that's why I'm here with her too," she said with a warm and friendly smile before she turned to Amani so she could share the news herself.

The old woman chuckled, <Nonsense, dear!> She switched languages part way through, "We are always happy to entertain a new guest!"

Amani smiled, and clarified, <She's a fellow Jedi, and a very close friend of mine. And she can understand what you're saying, she just can't speak it.> The woman seemed impressed, and allowed Amani to continue, "Val, this is Mebita. She's the village Elder." Mebita was a tiny woman, made even shorter as old age had hunched her over, barely pushing five feet now. Her frail frame was disguised by the heavy layers she wore, and her snow white hair was pulled back tightly in a bun. The elder's features were weathered by age, and her eyes were so narrowed they could barely be seen behind the lids. Yet despite her venerability, Mebita's jubilant personality alone seemed to give her a perception of ageless youth.

<It is good to meet you, Valery Noble.> She bowed slightly, <What is this you say about big news?>

Amani grinned, and raised her hand, displaying an azure ring, <Alicio asked me to marry him!>

Mebita exploded with delight, raising her bony hands to the sky, <Oh- my- goodness be! You are to be wed?!> She cackled. Amani shook her head eagerly, <Wonderful news! This is wonderful news! I am so happy for you, child.> The elder lowered Amani's forehead to hers, touching them for a moment before separating. <So what brings you two here? Surely you didn't come all this way just to tell little old me!>

<Well, I would have told you regardless. But well, I was hoping that I could… get a traditional Mirialan wedding dress.>

Mebita yowled again, <Beautiful, girl! Beautiful! You remember our seamstress?>

<Somewhat. I remember hearing they were quite talented, though I personally never got to make introductions.>

<Come then, I will show you.> Mebita was on a mission now, and she waved for the two women to follow as she hobbled off towards the village circle.

Amani looked to Val and chuckled as they began walking, "Mebita's quite the character. I love her."

The Elder spoke up again, glancing back at Valery, <So, a Jedi was it? What brings you along for the ride, dear? Come to support a friend for the special occasion?>

mirial.jpg

Mirial
div-orange.png
Tag:
Amani Serys Amani Serys

There was something about Mebita that made Valery smile and already feel welcomed in this small town, where people were undoubtedly all familiar with each other and quite close. Perhaps that welcoming aura was part of why she was the village elder. "I'm very happy to be here, thank you for the warm welcome," Valery said with a smile before she gave Amani a chance to share the big news.

The excitement it sparked in Mebita made Valery chuckle and completely forget about everything that could have possibly still been stressing her out. Much like Amani, she loved the idea of a traditional wedding dress as well and quickly began to walk ahead to guide the two Jedi to the seamstress.

"She really is, and I love it so much," Valery said with a smirk. "Thank for you bringing me along."

Mebita then looked over her shoulder and asked a question that got Valery to quickly focus on the elderly woman again, "Well, Amani here is my best friend, so I wanted to help and show support in any way I can." She glanced at Amani and offered a much warmer smile, one without the usual teasing nature to it. "I've also never been to Mirial before, so it was an exciting trip I couldn't say no to."

"And maybe the seamstress can help me with a dress as well if it's not too much of a hassle. I still have dresses from a few other weddings, but... maybe something new would be nice."
She wasn't sure how Mirialans felt about 'outsiders' wearing something made by them, but it was just an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom